Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time off (meret)

Lucien stepped back into the dining hall, followed by two guards, who were unarmed, and three other well dressed members of staff who served as general servants. Luciens assistant was still gathering information. Lucien dismissed his staff and approached the table. He instructed the menu be brought to his room and had a server inform three general staff that he would be requiring a warm bath and a set of pajamas, His dressing gown and a change of clothes from his yacht. He smiled at Meret "Can I walk you home My Lady" He offered her his arm, There would be no ... funny business at her home however.

Her people assisted his people and they were all care of. The night had a chill in the air. You could see your breath and walking briskly was the secret to keeping warm. But Endor’s temperate climate was actually enjoyable compare to Zaadja. Meret took Lucien’s arm and they strolled down a private road to the governor’s cabin. Tall redwoods made a canopy that starlight peaked through. Lucien was tired and they did not speak. She mentally let him know that she was glad he came to visit her.

They arrived at her cabin and there was an awkward moment. It’s not like Meret was waiting for a good night kiss. “Then I’ll stop by at 08:00 hours we will have breakfast, then a tour of the green houses. Do you ride horses or …other animals? My compound has some nice specimens.”

"That sounds perfect, I will not have ridden in a long time but I am sure I can still do it" He smiled and then wished her a good night and walked the short way back to the lodge.He walked upstairs and collapsed into a chair in the master bedroom he picked up the menu and began to read through the choices. He ordered the youngest of the three servants over "Find out what every body wants then relay that information to Lady Blackmoon's house keeper I want Juice, eggs (Sunny side up), Sausages, toast and bacon" He stood up He dismissed his staff the stepped behind a screen to change ready to get in the bath. He was alone for the first time all day, It was rather relaxing.

He retreated from the hot water of the bath and changed into his pajamas and dressing gown then took a seat at the dressing table and waited for his assistant "Apologies for the wait my lord I have the reports" The man dropped to his knees and handed Lucien the reports "You may go to sleep now" He said quietly engrossed in the reports. He was relived to find nothing notably amiss and went to bed.

Meret started undressing as soon as she had closed the door. She was acting like a spoiled brat. First her fur trimmed velvet cape hit the floor. Her maid followed her to her bedroom picking up varies clothing items as the trail led to her bed. Meret would shower in the morning because she was just exhausted. Eating all that food, verbally and mentally sparring with Lucien had taken a toll on Meret’s energy. She crawled into bed naked and covered her body all the way up to her head with a down comforter. Her last conscious thought was what the Force am I doing? I have a bad feeling about this…

Morning came too quickly; birds announced the light of the new day. Her maid brought Meret a glass of juice and prepared her riding clothes, leather pants, boots, gloves and her cap. Meret showered, dressed and was out the door. Her animal handler brought two horses to the front of the cabin. She mounted one and led the other down the private road to the lodge, There was a split rail fence that edged the veranda of the lodge. She dismounted and tied the horses up. With a spring in her step she entered the lodge and walked to the dining hall. A full breakfast was set on the rustic table. “Emma, Emma! It’s 08:00 hundred hours, where’s Lord Cordel?”

Lucien was awoken with a start by his assistant at eight, He was groggy and rolled over "Five minutes" He mumbled, The servant gulped and replied "M'lord Lady Blackmoon is waiting" Lucien sat up and looked around taking awhile to figure out where he was. It clicked soon enough and he tossed the covers aside "You should have woken me sooner, Have some suitable clothes laid out for when I get back" He ordered as he threw on his dressing gown and rushed downstairs. His feet thundered on the stairs as he descended, it was most uncivilized.He reached the bottom of the stairs and looked around realizing that he had kept his hosts waiting, he took his seat "My apologies M'lady" He said notably embarrassed.

“ I hope you slept well, Lucien?” Meret nibbled on some fruit and custard. Meret was delighted to see Lord Cordel in an imperfect state. He was rather attractive in a scruffy sort of way. “ I selected a four year old black stallion for you to ride he still has a lot of spirit in him since you have some experience in riding. Take your time we have all the time in the galaxy, my schedule is open.” Meret called Emma over “Can we have some of that black tea from the Outer Rim? With milk and sugar? Thank you.” They would ride down the road to the green houses, stop by the water fall and back for a light lunch.

"I did thankyou " he said as he cut his sausage to begin eating it. Lucien nodded "yes of course it sounds good" he said, he had not ridden a horse in a long time. The house keeper brought over some tea lucien took a cup of it. He drank the tea then stood up. "I will just go and change" he said before retreating upstairs. He emerged ten minutes later now dressed he pulled his gloves on "shall we" he said gesturing to the door.

Emma handed Meret a small picnic basket and a bunch of fresh carrots. Meret divided the bunch into two equal parts, then she handed one bunch to Lucien. “It’s for your horse.” Meret walked up to her horse, a smaller Sabino. Her horse had white lacey marking on it’s four legs. Meret patiently feed her horse the carrots while telling the horse what they were going to do. “ Lucien talk to your horse, his name is Shadow.” Then they were ready to go. Meret gracefully pulled herself up and straddled her steed. She took the lead down the road under emerald canopy. Meret rode with a natural three beat gait until the reached an open space. The landscape outlined two chrystal like domes at the end of the road. It would be fun if they raced to the green houses. “Hey you wanted to race?" Meret did not wait for and answer but shouted “Catch me if you can?’ Her Sabino took off with a wild gallop. She dug her heels into the animal’s ribs to get a bigger lead. Shadow was the faster horse but could Lucien make him perform?

Lucien took the carrots and moved to the front of his horse and began to feed shadow. He was a little taken aback by Merets instruction, But it's a horse it can't talk back. Non the less he began to speak to his horse "Shadow my name is Lucien but you can address me as M'lord, I am going to ride you in a moment and that is the extent of my knowledge ... don't throw me off" He nodded to his horse then walked back to the horses side and climbed on. He had not ridden in a long time and he took a moment to metaly remind himself then he shook the reigns and followed after Meret.

They arrived to a more open area and Meret shouted something about a race then galloped off. Lucien smilked and kicked shadow to get him to speed up. The horse reared but Lucien clung on "No Shadow Gallop" he said softly the horse returned to its normal position and galloped after Meret and her horse. Lucien lent forward and shook the reigns. He hoped he was doing it right.

Meret loved feeling the crisp morning breeze on her skin and the scent of pine and wintergreens in the forest air. Her small Sabino was fast but not as fast as Shadow. Lucien caught up with her and they were neck and neck. Teasingly Meret blew him a kiss. She thought that would slow him down. He did not even flinch. A kiss like that would have distracted other men. Lucien was certainly not an ordinary man.

They arrived at the first green house. Which was feed by an underground spring. Meret dismounted and lead Sabino to drink at the spring. She loving patted her horse on the rump and whispered “Good job.” Then she stroked Sabino’s forehead as she waited for Lucien to dismount.

Lucien liked winning, even when winning got him very little. He spurred the horse forward but Meret could match him. The grass swished as the pair bolted through. He was enjoying riding, Perhaps he would get a horse for zaadja it would work well to provide him prestige among the dissenting upper-class. They neared the green house and finished with no difference between them.

Lucien followed Meret down to the stream. He decided he would try to do the macho kind of dismount ... He failed and just ended up landing in the grass, He was quite embarrassed. He stayed in the grass for a few moments then he rose to his feet. He led the horse to the spring then pulled a handkerchief out of his pocket and ran it over his head. He hoped Meret hadn't seen his little ... hiccup he he thought she probably had.

Meret briefly glanced at Lucien sitting in the grass and made the choice to ignore his macho dismount. She opened the door to the greenhouse to show off her prized garden. This green house had tropical fruits and vegetables. It temperature and humidity was matched to a subtropical environment. She could have just about any item year around. She checked the timer on the outside of the door to verify when the next misting cycle would take place. They had ten minutes before a gentle nutrient rich mist would be sprayed on anything and everything in the greenhouse. There was an island of trees in the middle of the structure. Butterflies and humming birds pollinated the bright blossoms. Sometimes if you stood still the butterflies would land on you.

“We have ten minutes before the mechanisms starts misting the vegetation.” Meret took Lucien’s arm and they strolled down the southern path to a vine heavy with ruby colored berries. Meret pick a few and then offered one to Lucien. She placed it close to his lips and waited for him to open wide. She looked down for a second and noticed grass stains on his trousers. "How did you get grass stains on your trousers?"

Lucien followed Meret Inside the greenhouse. He was slightly taken aback by the variety. Most dark-siders disliked growing things Lucien was an exception if the growing things were pretty or rare he liked them. He allowed his arm to be taken and strolled along the centre they stopped by some berries Meret lifted a berry to his mouth he opened his mouth. Having eaten the berry he considered the question his gracious host had posed him he lent in close and whispered "That would be telling" He stood back up and laughed "do you look after all this yourself?"

“ I planned it, well I told my agronomist and architect what I wanted. They made it happen. They hired the staff to maintain the crops. We sell some to the local markets and some supply government sites." They walked to the eastern corner where there was a small aviary. Meret took Lucien’s hands “Don’t move!” The emerald green humming birds and azure blue butterflies hovered over the couple as they investigate the two humans in their domain. A butterfly landed on Meret’s shoulder, flapped its wings and then took off. They knew when the misting was going to start. “OH NO, we need to leave! This way…” Meret held Lucien’s hand and ran to the northern corner where there was an exit to the second green house. A translucent fog enveloped the greenhouse. They barely made it out before getting misted.

The second green house had a colder and drier climate which was perfect for greens, squashes, nightshade and tubers. This one had a unique hydroponics system and elevated beds of rich soil. This one produced high carbo foods---peasant food.

Lucien smiled "You have planned well" He took a moment to look around the followed Meret to the Aviary, He allowed her to take his hands and followed her instruction without question Butterflies and birds who had once been flying around them stopped then Meret started pulling him away saying something moving "What why..." He shouted as he was dragged out. Once they were out Lucien looked back inside whilst he caught his breath "Oh that" He said when he saw the mist.

Lucien shivered alittle as they stepped into the next greenhouse and looked around this one was less interesting. He was not interested in Hydroponics or Peasant food.However he patiently waited for Meret's tour to continue.

The second green house was plain but so important because the basics were just as important as the frills. Mounds of dirt crown with green foliage was very ordinary. They exited the structure and Meret noticed it was time for lunch. Meret stuck two of her fingers in her mouth a let out a shrill whistle. Shadow came charging around the edge of the greenhouse; he stopped short of the couple. Bits of sod flew into the air. Shadow whinnied as to say “I am here.” Meret stroked Shadow’s nose. Sabino was no where to be found. Meret look at Lucien “ Sabino probably went back to the stables because she knows that the cook will give her a snack from the kitchen. We will both have to ride Shadow. We can go to the waterfall or we can ride back for lunch. Sabino has the picnic basket that Emma fixed.” this was a test, if Lucien wants to go to the waterfall he is more of a romantic than I thought, if he wants to go back he is more practical

Lucien smiled Meret was clever he would give her that. He climbed onto the horse "I'm Hungry, lets go for lunch " He offered Meret a hand climbing onto shadow. He was enjoying himself and Endor was much better than the icy hell hole he governed a union would be most profitable, perhaps he would consider her proposal if she worked hard enough. When they had begin their ride he asked Meret a simple question "How cheap is land on Endor?"

Before Meret took his hand she considered sitting in front of Lucien or sitting in back of him. This time she would sit in back of him because the saddle was wider in the rear. She took his hand and wedged her toes into the stirrup and pulled herself up and in back of him. Her knees hugged his upper thighs as she put her arms around his waist. “you are hungry, well I think that is our third date…Land was cheap until I started developing it. I personally purchased several hundred parcels of land in the event that I failed.” Shadow sensed it was lunchtime and he galloped faster. Meret held onto Lucien tighter. Her body was now pressed up against his; her chin rested on his shoulder. “I could sell you some of my parcels at a very reasonable price or we could trade something?”

Shadow stopped at the their departure point and there was Sabino grazing on the grass. Meret let go of Lucien and slid off the horse. She retrieved the picnic basket and held it up to Lucien “Picnic food or a hot meal?”

Lucien smiled "and would could I trade for some of your land" He had a feeling he knew the answer but he wanted her to say it anyway. The horse was galloping quickly back to the lodge "I thought Endor was full of fur balls but I have yet to see even one" He said purposefully changing topic. As they reached the stables he felt Meret depart the horse, he followed shortly after. She came toward him with a picnic basket and asked which type of food he would prefer "Your house keeper has already made the picnic it would be cruel to ask for something else ... I will be back in a minute these trousers are dirty I'm going to change." He returned ten minutes later wearing trousers that were not stained by grass. "So were are we going to eat this?"

Meret took the basket and showed Lucien her private lanai. It was made of the finest redwood and had a draped cabana, a hot tub, carved table and chairs. She spread out the table cloth and place each item on the cloth. The meal was simple but elegant. Wine, cheese, sasuage, fresh bread, chocolate dipped strawberries. Meret poured a glass of wine for them. She handed him a knife. "Do the honors ...a trade, yes, but there is only one thing that you have that I want and I think you know, let say one hundred parcels of land for what I want? Have your people draw up a contract, just one night. "

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom