Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Three Steps Forward, Two Steps Back

L5Wz4fu.gif

NotNybs.png

Equipment: Skinsuit, Rusty Green Jumpsuit, Left Bracer, Plastoid Shingaurds, Utility Boots, Mix and Match Harness, Left Ear
Accessories: Bracelet, Echo Stone
Weapons: Lossa's Lightsaber
Ship: The Buzzard
Tags: Romi Jade Romi Jade
holicslastbreath.gif

After the training event, Lossa hadn't really given much thought to the master known as Romi Jade in any special regard.

At least not actively.

In the back of her mind however, there was a growing seed of... something. For as much as she could express herself and even understand the emotions of other's. Lossa was at a loss for how to describe the feeling of comfort in the woman's teaching method.

Sure.

The woman had perhaps threatened to throw her from a starship onto a bullet train as a part of the padawan pack. And that might have set off some alarm bells for Lossa prior to Briana making her undergo medical procedures. Ones that had been tested at the retreat Romi had held for survival training.

And while it had been intensely grueling. And by no means enjoyable. It had stuck with Lossa through her latest adventures through the galaxy.

Burned itself into a memory that she could remember with an irritating smile.

It pissed her off how much she had enjoyed the conditions of that training. Something she wouldn't have been able to do without help from her cousin. But it had in its own way been fun. And while she would deny it to anyone other than Romi herself, she had sent a holo to the master about meeting.

She couldn't properly put to words what her request was. She didn't really know herself. She had done alright for herself really. Had contracts hauling freight.

Was getting comfortable with the daily grind of Trade League space.

The Echo Stone had been wavering in allowing her to connect with it. And worry about that perhaps had been a small push to reach out. Something the Sithling had done perhaps? But she couldn't have been sure. And, as much as she didn't want to admit.

She was scared of what that could mean.

The coordinates were double and triple checked as she scanned the surface and kept an eye out for a landing pad. The directions given vague and even misleading to a point as The Buzzard slowly pushed itself through the atmosphere.

The junker giving a loud whine as she passed overhead of the first set of coordinates once at an angle. Spying something similar in features to a landing field in the remains of a capital ship as she circled around in a slow arc to check the coordinates.

The first leg of the flight was finished it seemed as she looked over the structure and confirmed. Switching over to the second set of coordinates she'd been sent.

The Buzzard kicked as she gave it more power, cursing herself for bringing the stupid thing instead of The Skiptown.

It was more recognizable though. And being as the cryptic leaving of Romi's message, she didn't want recognizable for the trip.

The sputter died away, and she ignored the urge to land and check her systems as she dropped her altitude and kept an eye on the readouts. A problem she would address later with the pile of scrap gathering in her Hangar at home.

Aside from the initial sputter, she drew closer to the second set of coordinates, finding a natural landmark square with the her readings. Circling twice, considering landing atop the butte before settling on a space around it.

Seeing nothing moving, or anything concerning, the starfighter came down to land with a heavy grind as she winced and shut it down.

She hadn't maintained it after the raid on the Sith, and she was highly certain something had found its way into the systems. How it hadn't been caught on the scanners was a wonder for her given how many times she'd taken it in already.

Sitting in the pilots seat, finally opening her eyes and looking about, she might have doubted this was the destination.

It was... remote to say the least.

Locking down the starfighter and covering it with a camo net, her eyes searched the area before spying what had seemed like an entrance on her descent. Staring up at the sun, she tied the arms of her jumpsuit around her before heading for the entrance.

"Should I have brought a gift?" The thought only just now presenting itself as she stared up to the landmark in a long pause.

2UT5QVI.png

8U2vscq.png

JAKKU ENCLAVE EAST CAMPUS
JAKKU

Lossa Darcuhl Lossa Darcuhl

white.png

The vast expanse of scorched badlands and endless sand dunes stretched to the horizon. The sky is a mix of oranges and reds, illuminated by the harsh light of the twin suns. As the camera continues its sweep, a lone figure comes into view, standing on a high dune, her silhouette stark against the barren backdrop.

Romi Jade stands with a mixture of determination and nostalgia, her cloak billowing gently in the wind. Her eyes, surveyed the landscape as memories of a different Jakku flood her mind; It was a sanctuary once, a hidden gem in the galaxy's tapestry, known only to those who sought refuge in its secret Jedi Enclave.

She recalls the fateful day when calamity struck, transforming the Jakku enclave into the barren wasteland it is today. She remembers the sacrifices made to protect the Jedi's legacy, the final battles fought against the forces that sought to extinguish their light.

With linens wrapped around her head, and renewed resolve, she started unloading her speeder. The weight of her mission evident in her posture. Her purpose is clear: to rebuild the hidden Jedi Enclave, to bring back the spirit of unity and wisdom that once thrived on this very planet.

As she unloads, the twin suns dipping below the horizon, casting a warm glow across the dunes, and there was a mix of melancholy and hope, capturing the emotional complexity of such a quest. Sweeping like an aerial shot in a cinematic, Romi Jade, a solitary figure worked against the vast desert, set on resurrecting the Jedi's legacy on a planet that had seen both devastation and redemption.

Entering Jakku East was nostalgic, as she was at this location the day the Sith Order set the sand ablaze. Rebuilding would start here...

Last edited:

L5Wz4fu.gif

NotNybs.png

Equipment: Skinsuit, Rusty Green Jumpsuit, Left Bracer, Plastoid Shingaurds, Utility Boots, Mix and Match Harness, Left Ear
holicslastbreath.gif

The trickle of sweat down her cheek spurned her to move finally. The wavering back and forth of a potential gift forgotten as she unfastened the canteen and took a tiny swig.

A deep breath had her pushing on.

Up and closer before she found a speeder bike not quite abandoned but without an owner. Eyes casting about for a potential one as she listened to the breeze. Hand settling on the metal as the mix of emotions the owner had wielded trickled through the touch.

Apprehension. Frustrations. Hopes. Determination.

Nothing like what she had guessed about the Master Jedi as she turned to look back at the natural rock. She'd exuded confidence the scant few times Lossa had ever seen her. Rubbing her fingers together as if to reminisce on the feelings before pushing ahead to the entrance.

Time was nothings friend.

And the wear of time was evident on the stone. On the whole of the natural structure she guessed. It was hard saying since she hadn't seen it prior.

The sun's were close to finished for their cycle, and the cold was beginning to creep in as she entered. Extending her senses out in a silent announcement of her presence.

A hand fumbling for the arms of her jackets and pulling them up over the suit beneath.

"Ah. Hello?" Her voice called out into the structure, hand slowly moving to the lightsaber on her hip and clutching it protectively.

2UT5QVI.png

8U2vscq.png

JAKKU

white.png

The blonde is seen amidst a tangle of old wiring, her hands deftly maneuvering the cables as she works to restore power to this part of the campus. Durasteel crates, some slightly rusted from years of neglect, sit stacked along the walls, waiting to be moved and repurposed.

Romi's astromech droid companion, R0, whirs and beeps as it helps in its own mechanical way, handing her tools and performing minor repairs. The Enclave was once a mixture of practical functionality and serene study, but now had dust and sand filling the corners and lights flickering back to life. She wipes sweat from her brow, her focus unbroken even as she navigates the labyrinthine pathways of wires. A holographic display blinks to life, showing the campuses schematic layout, and she smiles softly, her thoughts drifting back to this places prime, when Jedi hopefuls roamed these halls with eager minds.

Just as Romi attaches a final wire and the room's main lights illuminate, casting a warm glow, a figure enters the room. Perceptions shift.

"Ah. Hello?" Her voice called out into the structure, hand slowly moving to the lightsaber on her hip and clutching it protectively.

Her gaze lifts from her work, and she meets the stranger's eyes. There's a moment of mutual recognition, a spark of intrigue that connects them both. Romi's expression softens as she stands, brushing her hands off on her pants. It took her minute to shift her focus as she recalled this familiar face. Surprised, "Lossa?"

R0 chimes in, offering its own friendly sequence of beeps and whistles as if welcoming the newcomer. Romi chuckles and gives the droid a nod of acknowledgment. "All the way out here? This...is not at all what I was expecting, what're you doing here?" curiosity took over.

L5Wz4fu.gif

NotNybs.png

holicslastbreath.gif

The sound of tinkering drew her in.

Her whole face tensing at the sudden light as a binary greeting met her. A hand waved to where she swore an astromech had been. A few blinks had her eyes adjusting comfortably.

The sound of her name as a question made her grin.

"Im the flesh." Eyes shifting to the astromech that made itself known. "Heyo." Her greeting to the droid as she thought about her own astromech. Eyes falling back to Romi as she stood.

The surprise making the grin turn into a full smile.

"Ah. Well. Figured out where you'd be. Figured I'd come and help." Scratching her cheek as she looked around. "Maybe, hang around."

The smile dipped a little as she spoke. Not quite meeting Romi's gaze as she looked around more.

2UT5QVI.png

8U2vscq.png

JAKKU

white.png

Her face turned with a mix of surprise and warm curiosity in her eyes.

But she didn't need the Force to pick up on an unspoken desire -- though, she could be wrong. "Uh-huh," Jade nodded, "Well-uhm, yeah I mean there's plenty to do, and this is only building one." A hint of humor along her tone.

Romi pauses for a moment, thinking through which area to tackle next. She brushed her hands off once more before gesturing toward a section off the inner sanctum of the complex -- the space wasn't super huge, as the main chamber served as it's main training dojo and general gathering chamber. There were various walkways to 5 other smaller runoff chambers that aligned the outer sections of the larger inner sanctum. Romi lead Lossa to a corner of the Enclave where a stack of durasteel crates rests against the wall.

Romi, with a grin, "Alright, Lossa, here's a task that could use your strength. These crates need to be moved to a storage area just right there," The blonde motioned to the next chamber some feet to their right. "Think you can handle it? I want to to try and clear this main area first."

"I promise, i'm not just asking you to lift heavy things for the sake of it, these crates are gonna help restock the rations. I'm sure whatever's left is gonna need to be tossed. The sled is just right there...we can do it together."

She glides around Lossa, and over to grab the sled. In one smooth motion she backtracks and then turns with it hovering in her same cadence; slowly.

"So you willingly trekked through a hot dessert all to help me, huh?"

L5Wz4fu.gif

NotNybs.png

holicslastbreath.gif

She knew all too well what the humor behind only building one meant. About like she had pulled on dock crews waiting to make sure she had everything off her freighter.

Following behind Romi, they came to another section of the temple filled with odds and ends it seemed. Durasteel crates that needed moving.

The grin she gave was a wide one.

She could definitely help with this. The small backpedaling of Romi making her chuckle.

"Nah. It's alright. Rebuilding means a lot of work and a good deal of that is heavy lifting." The mention of a sled however had the Zeltron pausing as she squatted down to start handling the crates. "Hope the expiration tags stood up."

The single musing thought about trying to sort perishables by feel or weathering was usually a futile one. Romi turned back and threw another question at her.

It probably did seem strange to the Master about Lossa's arrival. Given the Zeltron's flippant nature, and especailly combative attitude to those with significant ranking.

She frowned, feeling like a caught loth-cat. Though she'd stuck her foot in willingly compared to most.

"That... and maybe to, I don't know. Figure stuff out?" She'd been grasping at straws for a while now, and still hadn't quite figured out just yet where she felt at home in her own skin.

The first crate tipped backwards when Romi drew close enough with the sled to prop the edge against it before pushing it up onto the little cargo hauler.

"I've been hauling cargo for a while now. But. That's just to pay bills. I guess-" She twisted and turned another crate closer to the sled as the force centered itself at her core and fanned out.

It wasn't much, but even the little bit of exertion brought a strange dark tinge into an otherwise healthy light side connection.

"I'm, frustrated. And frustrated me... isn't. Frustrated me doesn't make sense. To me I mean." The more she spoke, the more her actions became sloppy. They shifted from easy grace to brutish choppy motions.

Her face taking more and more of a scowl as she worked. Not just from the labor they were doing, as something filled her mind and settled neatly inside for self reflection.

"And helping with this felt, right?" The question posed to the air more than Romi, feeling out how she felt more than seeking anything.

2UT5QVI.png

8U2vscq.png

JAKKU

white.png

Each crate was a hulking, heavy mass, filled with anything from food, water, and medical supplies --- mostly food. Their surfaces were warm to the touch but hotter in other places, bearing the marks of countless hands that had handled them over the years.

To the perishables -- "I'd like to hope they did, but by now..." she shrugged, "I doubt it." She dropped a crate.

"Taking inventory on that sounds like a task for another day though." their movements synchronized as they loaded the sled.

"Mhm.." the blonde giggled to herself mid task after watching Lossa's frown expression present itself.

A beat.

The hush of anticipation hung in the air as they approached the task at hand. Experienced hands reached for the edges of these supply boxes, both ladies mirroring each other's movements. The moment of lifting held a quiet, shared focus.

"I hear you." She said, and then she continued with "If I could play devaronian's advocate...I think frustrated you makes more sense to you than you realize..."

With a synchronized effort, they heaved the crates up. The weight was substantial, a physical reminder of responsibility. The soft scuff of their footwear accompanied the faint creak of the repulsorlift sled they aimed to load.

"I started this Enclave all those years ago because I was searching for something, I was on the precipice of change -- I was looking for new direction, for any direction. This felt...like the next step for where I was at the time." She had come to a pause and just found herself looking around. "

"But it started as frustration, felt like uncertainty, and made no sense at all."

"If coming here feels right for you right now, lean into that...and just let that be. You'll find something."

Crate after crate, a silent partnership forged through actions rather than words.

"You're frustration might just be a signal for change, don't fight it."

L5Wz4fu.gif

NotNybs.png

A smile that played at a grimace when the two shared their views on the expiration dates ended.

Humor filling the air around Lossa as she handled the crates with ease. Time abroad unloading freight had shown her a thing or two about handling them, and it didn't hurt that she'd gained some muscle doing so.

They worked together well though, or at least Romi did. The woman a master at likely more than just the intricacies of the force given how prevalent her name seemed to be.

The musing about her feelings drawing a humored side eye from Lossa.

"Probably. Just haven't learned to listen well enough I guess." A soft balking at herself as the crate was loaded onto the skiff.

A pause in their efforts finding Lossa leaning a little against the loaded crate as she listened.

She'd done a little of that as a proper padawan, but learned to better apply herself seemingly too late for their likings. Now, she chose to listen, something that she hadn't realized made such a difference.

Her own eyes following the invisible trail Romi left as the woman's gaze drifted.

Their conversation continuing slowly ahead as they returned to their task. Her eyes never quite ceasing to roam as they worked. This had been built from such feelings she was centered in now.

A strange reflection on what could be done with those feelings as she grinned at Romi's words.

"Mm. Change was always a dangerous thing for me before." Recalling old times that still held her in dreams more than any other time. "Change usually meant ill tidings. Guess."

She sighed at trying to let go of something she had no tangible way of holding.

"Guess I've got a bit of soul searching to do."

The crates loaded before she paused and cast her eyes around the room and back to Romi. A question that held itself at the back of her mind drawing itself forward before she let it go.

"I hear so much about other jedi doing great feats. Fighting. And traveling to help others. And I feel like." Eyes glancing down to her hands as the corners of her mouth dropped.

"I don't want my name in annals of greatness. I just. Want to help?" Her thoughts shifting to Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren and her weighty expectations of herself. And the ones placed on her. "I don't need spotlight. Don't want it. I see enough what that does to people. How it can... ruin their lives."

The frown growing slowly as she continued thinking.

2UT5QVI.png

8U2vscq.png

JAKKU

white.png

"It's fair to want that." the blonde wove her hand over a crate, knocking it clean of dust and dirt. "And really the aspirations of a Jedi should...truly be more than that, but often times we're so disconnected from the rhythms of everything around us and completely forget to ask ourselves the deeper questions..."

She spun around and got view of her Zeltron companion, "Though, destiny is pre-written...what we go on to do, and how the galaxy responds to it is beyond any of us. I don't want you to worry yourself with any of that right now." her head lurched forward as her tone softened.

"For right now, just be still Lossa." she said. "Commit yourself to one or few things, anything, and I can assure you that the next step will reveal itself. Center yourself in something authentic...that's why I love Jakku, barren as it is...it's always been that for me, and likely why I always see myself returning."

"Heck-stay here. Help me rebuild this place, get it back up and running, there's your room and board. I'll even help you figure this whole thing out-should you need me."

"Maybe one day, you'll lead it in my stead. Commit yourself to this for a year or so and see what answers you get. Think about it..."
she smirked, turned and lifted the crate she'd been hovering over.

Last edited:

L5Wz4fu.gif

NotNybs.png

Her hand waved in front of her face, as if it would actually stop the dust kicked up. Reflecting on what Romi was saying rather than trying to fill the air as she was so used to doing. It was nice to relax like this.

She wouldn't have imagined herself seeking guidance in her time as a proper padawan.

But maybe she had grown up a little on her own.

Her attention focused on Romi when she turned and spoke. Only glancing around to take in the temple as Romi spoke of Jakku being something centering for her. It was a far and away place from the constant buzz of activity both the Alliance and League had about it. There was always something, something happening around the two.

Maybe she needed to take a break now and again. Something worth thought as Romi offered a place to stay and further guidance as needed. It was certainly appealing.

Her chin dropping in thought at the offer. Frowning when she thought of Briana and her whole situation.

"I would like to stay. Learn. Maybe get a glimpse of that calm." She tilted her head slightly, leaning against a crate before going on. "I have some obligations to fill. But. I think I would like to stay. Here I mean."

A deep breath in and out as she looked around.

"It may be pre-written, but, I can at least try to make sense of it in my own way I guess." Her hands beginning to move again as Romi hefted a crate.

"The only thing that'll pull me away is Briana. I won't ignore a call from my cousin. Otherwise, maybe a few freight jobs." One of the few times she had ever tried to be serious as she trailed off on less important things with a grin.

"I don't think I've got leadership in me like you do. But, who knows." A sigh at the idea of being responsible for a padawan. A deep cutting frown at the thought of someone paying any sort of attention to her actions. "That might genuinely be a long ways out for me."

2UT5QVI.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom