Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private This Side of Paradise

skellig-michael.jpg

It was early evening on Ahch-To. Nimdok stood outside the Conestoga, observing the shifting horizon. The sky was slightly overcast, though the storm clouds were moving swiftly out to sea and were unlikely to trouble the little island where they had landed.

An excavation team had set up camp nearby. About an hour ago Nimdok had watched them unload a shuttle packed full of diving gear—boxes and crates stocked with wetsuits, goggles, snorkels, rebreathers, waterproof tranquilizers and aquatic tents, among other things. The archaeologists chattered away amongst themselves, and one or two who recognized Nimdok had happily drawn him into their conversation. They were hard at work unearthing ruins that had been buried under the planet’s oceans. Since Nimdok had been part of an earlier team on this planet when the ruins were first uncovered, he was pleased to find that they were exploring it further.

“Wouldn’t you like to join us, professor?” one of the archaeologists, a Rodian, had asked. “After all, it was really your discovery that led us here.”

It wasn’t my discovery. A young Twi’lek woman found it while diving. Mi'la Undari was her name.” Nimdok stroked his chin. “And while I appreciate the offer, I didn’t come here to work.

“Oh—what are you here for?”

Nimdok had smiled. “Technically speaking, I’m on a date. I wanted to show her some of the ruins here.

There was tittering and laughter from the rest of the team. “I take it your date is an archaeologist too?”

Yes. She specializes in forensics. You wouldn’t happen to have discovered any bones, would you?

“As a matter of fact, there’s a tomb on the other side of the island.” The Rodian pointed. “We haven’t gotten the approval to enter it yet, though. It’s considered too dangerous.”

Too dangerous?

“High possibility of traps and the like.”

Nimdok hadn’t said anything more on the subject, but his interest was piqued. By the time the team of archaeologists left, he had resolved to alter his plans if Elise proved equally interested.

He had offered to pick her up wherever she was in the galaxy at present, or to let her meet him at Ahch-To in a ship of her own. Either way, he was awaiting her arrival at present.

Last edited:
Ahch-To was an interesting planet, shrouded in mystery since the galaxy was thrusted into the devastating plague a few hundred years ago. Some people these days believed that the planet was where exile Jedi sheltered, even some saying the legendary skywalker did after his order was ruined. Herself having lived through that time period dismissed those rumors, herself knowing the Jedi led a very interesting life, restoring a more lose order, learning from the old republics past mistakes and not becoming a hermit.

What ever the case such a planet still held some interest, it's quite out of the way and largely peaceful location still made it an interesting spot for any would be force user to meditate or seek refuge during the varying wars through the years. These days though, from what Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok had informed her, such a planted had become a buzz for archeologists, ruins and tombs having been discovered as of recent. Herself having been invited by the fellow scholar out on a date. After all the family meeting, and what not with Ravenous it was nice to get away and have some alone time.

Elise had arrived on world with her own shuttle, a simple civilian model that she had used over the years to move around to avoid suspicion. Not as useful now after reuniting with her family and letting herself be more known, but she had grown attached to the thing. Taking in a deep breath of sea air she basked in the view for a bit, the sounds of waves crashing against the shore and the humm of workers in the distance giving a much needed break from the city of country.

"Now, where is that rascal, said he'd meet me here in a bit". The Sith mused, carrying her equipment from the ship and onto the rock archipelago

Though Nimdok sensed at once that Elise had arrived, he hesitated before going to meet her. Instead, he lingered further down the cliffside, hidden behind some large rocks. He looked down and found that his hands were shaking ever so slightly. Foolish adolescent jitters? That would be funny, but no. Did he fear that, after a period of being apart, his idealized image of her would crack upon reuniting, like a broken mirror? No, but he wished that was all that troubled him.

They had planned on this trip for some time, to fulfill the promised “real date” together they had both agreed upon when they visited Elise’s family at her grandmother‘s fortress on Atrisia. Various events and circumstances had delayed it, as Nimdok had grown increasingly busy. Perhaps saying he was merely busy was putting it much too lightly—he had suffered a great deal as of late, in addition to being heaped with a dozen new responsibilities, the burden of which had proved far greater than he expected.

In all that time apart, his thoughts had run the gamut from I must find time for Elise to but when will I be able to find time for Elise?, before he was finally forced to conclude I’m not being fair to Elise if I'm struggling just to find time for her. At least, he hoped his uncertainty was for her sake, and not selfishness on his part. He imagined time held little meaning to a nigh-immortal vampiress… but his own time was limited, and growing shorter with each passing day. Was it possible, then, that he was going to have to break the sad news to her, that they could no longer see each other? Or was he just feeling overwhelmed, a feeling that would pass eventually with no ill effects on their relationship?

Either way, he couldn’t stand behind these rocks forever. Steadying his trembling hands, he took a deep breath, then stepped into view, heading up the slope to where Elise had emerged from her shuttle. From a distance he saw the equipment she was carrying. Despite the heaviness of his thoughts, he smiled and called out to her, “Need a hand?

It was a little odd it had taken them both this long to go on a date, but then again considering their rather interesting situation it was to an extent okay. Still, she should at least be a bit more forward thinking, out of the two of them she had the least worries, spending most of her days quite peacefully while Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok had to, bluntly, do quite a few things. Perhaps todays she could resolve herself to be more involved, offer to look after his daughter more, be... well, more wife like.

If Kurenai could do so she could as well, more so considered she had been a mother, if but 800 years ago. "Okay, today, a chance to make things more solid, certainly should have more time here". As she pulled the last of her tools from the ship she spied the man approaching, giving him a calm smile. "Certainly, if you have any free hands, so, where are to we to take this date of ours today"? She ask, giving Nimdok a small kiss on the cheek.

Even before he spoke, Elise looked up at him. Nimdok paused. Her irises were the color of honey, and there was a hypnotic quality to her gaze which held him rooted to the spot. Instantly all his doubts disappeared. He could hardly believe he had been thinking of breaking up with her only a few moments ago.

The sound of her voice broke the trance. He blinked. Had it been vampiric mesmerism? Mere physical attraction? As she stepped forward to press her lips to his cheek, he wrapped his arms around her, pulling her closer for a proper kiss.

Well, my original plan was to show you the artifacts that have been uncovered from the underwater ruins.” Releasing her, he stooped to pick up the equipment. “But I recently heard that a tomb has been discovered further inland… and remains yet unexplored. I thought you might find it more interesting.” After all, her field of expertise, forensic anthropology, was more in line with a tomb filled with human remains than waterlogged trinkets retrieved from submerged ruins.

The hug was rather sudden, she hadn't expected him to be so forwards, but she wasn't shying away from it. Herself embracing the passionate kiss on the cliff side, her face being a little flustered as he broke away. "Ahem, well that is certainly an interestings activity you have proposed, but an unexplored section, you aren't just trying to get me alone are you"? She teased, picking up her own half of the equipment and moving to follow him.

"I should really introduce you to my granddaughter, she is somewhat of an archeologist herself, more into artifacts then bones like myself". She commented while they were on the subject of tombs.

Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok

Nimdok gave her a wounded look, though he was still smiling. “Goodness Elise, what do you take me for? Desecrating someone’s grave like that… although if that’s what you’re into, I suppose I could try it.

He walked carefully down the slope, taking a pathway that had been cleared of rocks and other obstacles. If they were to follow it all the way to the end, it would lead to the archaeologists’ camp, but instead he veered off, heading for the mysterious tomb.

You mean Sky’ito?” he asked as she mentioned another granddaughter. He had yet to meet her, but he was quite familiar with her sister Akari. A pleasant memory from their visit to Monastery came to mind. Miri and Akari had sat on either side of him, little bare feet stretched out while he read them a book before bed. The recollection brought a pang of melancholy. He missed those small, quiet moments, which seemed fewer and far between these days.

She’s with the Silver Jedi, isn’t she? I believe I encountered her once on Commenor, though I didn't have a chance to introduce myself.” He had been disguised as Tom Kovack, a Jedi Padawan, when he had unexpectedly seen a face which so strongly resembled the women of the Ike family, he knew at once she must be Kurenai’s daughter. But he couldn't afford to blow his cover by telling her who he really was, so he had kept his distance.

She couldn't help but chuckle at his response, giving him a playful tap on the shoulder. "It was only a jest, just before I am a vampire doesn't mean I live in a coffin and sleep with the dead, those are just stories people have made up". Probably because tombs were places that people never really visited and were always dark, often a good place for their kind. Though in a galaxy as large as this you'd probably have a better chance at finding a Dasha inside then a vampire.

As they walked she cocked her head to the side at the mention of her
granddaughter, a bit surprised that she had met her before. Seemed he was already a bit familiar with their family even before they met. "Well I am certain she'd want to meet you, from what Kurenai has told me she is back on Atrisia at the moment with family, taking a small break from her duties at the Silver Jedi".

"Perhaps I should bring her along when we go on another exploration as such, give myself some bonding time as well". Unlike her daughter she had a slightly better relationship with Sukai due to their shared interest, despite being opposite sides of the froce.

Fairy tales,” he agreed. It was true, though—he did want to have her all to himself. Just a chance to spend some time with her, talking, joking around, sharing stories, was something he had longed for. There were times when he had considered asking her to come and see him, but the dread of his work interfering with their meeting had prevented him. Besides, his office was hardly a romantic locale.

I’d be happy to meet her, properly this time.” He grew thoughtful. “Elise, I’ve been meaning to ask you—where have you been staying since Saleucami was taken by the Bryn’adul?” He had assumed she was living with relatives on Atrisia, or perhaps on Monastery with Kurenai and her family. Either way, it was obvious he was concerned for her wellbeing, though he knew that if push came to shove, she could take care of herself.

As they continued to trek across the island, an opening in one of the mountains soon became visible. The entrance to the tomb had been carved into the rock. A metal door had sealed it off, though someone had already sliced into it and unlocked the door. As he approached the entrance, Nimdok sensed a great darkness emanating from within. Something was definitely off about this place—but rather than feeling dread, the danger excited him. Setting the equipment down, he glanced over at Elise, wondering if she felt it too.

"Yes fairy tail's' folklore all that". Though it seemed odd in a galaxy with magic, dark creatures and forces beyond normal people's thinking, the classic idea of vampires didn't seem that much, even the whole transforming into another animal. After all the man in front of her could do such that and be quite the 'beast', so surely a bat wasn't that hard.

"Well I think a proper visit to our home is in order, as for that, well I've taken refuge in CIS space, Kurenai isn't at her Dojo all the time, more so since she is a Marshal of the northern section, so it's a win win". "I get a place to stay she has someone to look after the Dojo 24/7, also the planet itself is quite nice to stay on, rich history and all".

As her words came to an end the duo finally made it to the tomb, a long whistle escaping her mouth as she eyed up the entrance, moving over to run a hand along the stone. "This place feels like it has a lot in store to teach us". Maybe for once my lightsaber can be for light only and not having to duel a egotistical sith.... wait all Sith are egotistical what am I saying.

Nimdok took a few steps closer to the tomb’s entrance. He welcomed the cool, musty air that greeted him from within the opened tomb, promising secrets for them to uncover. Oh yes, he was looking forward to being able to explore something new… and with Elise at his side, they were sure to make considerable progress.

There were no markings to be found outside the entrance or on the door itself, which Nimdok found odd, but not completely unheard of. On the other hand, it didn’t give them much to go on as far as identifying whose tomb it was. They would have to venture deeper to find out.

Retrieving an electronic torch from their equipment, Nimdok turned the light on and shone it into the darkness. “This cave appears to be naturally formed,” he said, examining the walls. “On the other hand… that diverging passage over there on the right looks like it was deliberately cut into the rock. I suppose it wasn’t roomy enough in here for the builders of this tomb…

Taking a few more steps, he entered the cave proper in order to get a better angle of the two areas. “I see… a door just inside the right passage. It looks almost brand new...” He turned the other way. “The left passage is clear, but I can’t see much—and I can't tell how far it goes, either.

Returning to Elise, he looked like an excited little boy. “Which way would you like to go first, my love?

She moved the the cave entrance, sliding a hand over the smooth and natural rock, humming to herself. "Stone cut tombs are quite a common occurrence in ancient civilisations, though to leave the outside untouched is little odd". "Even the most basic civilisations would flatten the entrance a bit, usually so a large stone could be put in place over the entrance". "Though it does not seem like even that was utilized here, no real markings on the floor to denote if a rolling door was present, quite fascinating".

As they entered into the tomb she used her natural dark vision to see around, eyes shifting across the ceiling as they went deeper, looking back to Nimdok as he spotted the two different direction. "Well luv, I propose the door first, are their any markings on it? perhaps this is the proper entrance to the tomb, maybe we can get some information about who built it". This was one of the reasons she had became an anthropologist, living so long many things became rather old and mundane, but with a history spanning well over 40000 years delving into unknown likes this always brought somthing new.

Approaching the door, Nimdok shone his light over it. There were markings stamped in Galactic Basic upon the door. “Globex Corporation... ?"

A gatekeeper droid suddenly extended from the wall amid a shower of dust and dirt, causing Nimdok to take a startled step backwards.

“Oh, bother!” the droid exclaimed, its orange eye glaring between Nimdok and Elise. “More visitors. Who are you and what are you doing here?”

Elise cocked her head to the side at the door and droid, lookin at it kind of confused. "Well, that is not what I expected, I can say at least that such a driod is around 900 years old". She teased, rolling her eyes a little at the robot poking it's head through the door. "THough what do you mean by more visitors? have other people been through here"?

(Sorry was on a trip last week)

The droid glared at the two of them. “Jedi pilgrims, archaeologists looking for bits of ancient pottery, children of the locals who wander too far from their villages while exploring. And now you two! I can never get any peace!”

This tomb was sealed when we got here,” Nimdok pointed out, though arguing seemed futile as the droid continued to mutter and grumble to itself. If it was indeed nine centuries old, then no doubt it was badly in need of a memory wipe. “We are… explorers. Archaeologists.

“Well, the tomb is down there, in the opposite direction—and this is private property, so stay away!” With that, the gatekeeper droid retreated back into the wall, sending up a cloud of dust as the hatch closed.

Nimdok frowned. “I’m sure there’s a way to get past this door. We just have to find it…” He glanced at Elise. “Unless you’d prefer to forget about all this and check out the tomb instead?” He doubted she could let such a strange mystery as the locked door go unexplored, but he asked anyway just to be sure.

She gave a sly smirk looking back to the droid and the door it was from taking a step fowards and cracking her knuckles together, taking a firm stance on the floor. "Well I think I can get through this door rather easily, a little use of the force should open it". She replied, moving her hand around, weaving the force through the door, trying to find the latches that kept it down. moving to try and force it open. No silly droid that was probably as old as her daughter was going to keep her out, less so with her intrest peaked about who would make a place right next to a tomb such as this. (sorry was busy last few days)

Nimdok watched as Elise unlocked the door with the Force, admiring her work. When the last of the locks was undone, the door was flung open amid a hiss of stale air. The gatekeeper droid popped back out of the wall, trembling with fury.

“No! Stop! You can’t come in here! I’m sending in the droid guardians!”

Droid guardians?” Nimdok asked, raising an eyebrow. “How quaint. I suppose they’re as old and rusted as you?

“They’re brand new models, you fools!” the gatekeeper hissed. “Commissioned within the past five years!”

Sure enough, beyond the open door a group of five security drones appeared, weapons at the ready. Sighing, Nimdok reached for his lightsaber. “Well Elise, I had hoped there wouldn’t be any fighting during our date, but...

His viridian blade ignited in time to deflect a flurry of blaster fire from the floating droids.

(You’re fine, I like the slower pace. :) Elise Ike Elise Ike

While the prospect of combat was never a bad thing what did peak her interest was the apparent recent update to the places defenses. Commissioned in the last 5 years. Seemed this place was requented a bit. "I'm rather enjoying this turn of events, after all a tomb that has been around for thousands of years isn't going anywhere right"?

Elise joked, taking her own hilt out, igniting the crimson blade while taking a refined duelist stance. "Why don't we try make things more interesting, lets say we can only disable the drones hmm"? Her blade moving up to block the incoming blaster fire directed at her, keeping a poise and regal form, letting less accurate rounds pass by her body.

Oh, you’re enjoying this, are you?” Nimdok kept his eyes on the droids, fending off the blaster bolts headed his way, but he caught occasional glimpses of Elise’s elegant form. Her long hair swayed as she moved, almost as graceful as a dancer, nothing penetrating her defense.

The same could not be said of Nimdok himself. He was not an exceptional bladesman by any stretch of the imagination, and he struggled to block the constant, extended fire of the droids. As a shot grazed his arm, he realized he would soon falter, perhaps lethally so, unless he did something about it. He opened himself to the Force, reaching out to telekinetically grasp one of the drones and fling it toward the others.

The resulting disarray presented an opening. Nimdok flung his lightsaber, using the Force to guide it as it spun toward the droids. It sliced open the top of one of them, sending out a shower of sparks from the exposed wiring. The sharp smell of burning circuitry filled the hall.

Disable them?” He hadn’t really thought of that. As his lightsaber flew back into his hand, Nimdok added, “You mean with an electrical charge?” He was aware of such Force abilities, but couldn’t recall ever having tried it.

"Well, lets just say I like surprises", she replied in a cheerful tone, twist and turn that put a plan on it's head were always welcomed in her mind, something to add to the originality of the galaxy that she had come to learn so well. It provided a nice respite between the mundate things she had repeated over the last thousands of years.

As the fighting continued her gaze moved to that is Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok as he cast his saber into the fray, it had been quite a while since she had seen him use his powers in such a way, knowing well that the man struggled with certain aspects of the force sometimes. "Well I was more thinking of aiming for certain spot to bring them down and disable them, though to be honest anythings works, though I could certainly just use my lighting to make them all crumple".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom