Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private This Side of Paradise

Naturally! I would’ve expected as much—given that you’re with me—and I’m full of surprises!

Nimdok’s tone was lighthearted despite the danger. He held out his hand, aiming to reflect a blaster bolt from his palm into one of the drones with the Force. The tactic worked; he was even able to calculate the shot’s destination, hitting a weak point. The disabled droid toppled to the ground.

Four drones were left floating.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen you use lightning, Elise,” Nimdok said, smirking. His tone was almost teasing, a challenge for his lover prompting her to show off. “I certainly wouldn’t object to a demonstration of your power.

"Hehe, so you are interested in a light show, well by all means step back an observe". the women's stretching out one hands, blue lighting crackling from her palm and shooting forwards. Her usual precise and refined nature put on hold as she left the tendrils of sith power expands through the room, hitting and frying the varying drones as they came forwards, making an almost impenetrable barrier of lighting between the two parties. "Ah, if feels good to just let go sometimes and let your power flow~".

Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok

Elise’s spectacular burst of lightning was followed by four loud thuds as the remaining drones fell to the floor, their circuits fried. Nimdok watched it happen, then turned to Elise, gazing at her in awe and admiration.

"Ah, it feels good to just let go sometimes and let your power flow.”

Force lightning flashed against the white of her fanged teeth and howled in the bones of her finely crafted face. Nimdok bit his lip, his gaze reluctant to leave her. She was the very portrait of a fierce Atrisian sorceress, regal and powerful.

It must be,” he remarked. “I’m certainly impressed.” Then, in a softer, huskier tone he added, “You were magnificent, Elise.

Looking around, he made sure there were no more enemies afoot. The halls of the facility seemed empty. No doubt they would encounter more guard droids and the like as they ventured deeper inside.

The next obstacle they encountered was another locked door, though this one featured a computer beside it. Nimdok approached the device, wiping dust from the screen. “Hello Darth Prospero… Darth Prospero!” he exclaimed, recognizing the name. "You remember Prospero, don’t you? He was the Sith who sent an assassin to kill me back on Monastery. He's dead now—he died a coward's death, running away from the battle during the invasion of Dantooine. Stabbed in the back by a Mandalorian, if I recall correctly..."

Reading the rest of what was written on the screen, he said, “In order to open the door, the computer requires a passcode, along with a face and voice recognition check.” Nimdok sighed as he turned to face Elise. “I’m not sure if this is good luck or bad luck for us. I can imitate Prospero's appearance and voice perfectly with my shapeshifting abilities. Unfortunately, I don’t know what the passcode might be...

She cocked her head back to look at Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok as she gazed her her, a sly smile creeping long her lips. "Is magnificent the only thing you are thinking"? Her power slowly subsiding as they moved into the facility, eyeing up the new door that blocked their way, this little adventure was certainly turning into quite the puzzle dungeon. "Hmmm well that certainly is interesting, but the pass code, it's voice activated right not a key pad"? Perhaps there would be a way to see a vision around here of some sorts, she remembered there were some goce powers that allowed a person to somewhat view into the pact when touching a certain object. Sukai had learnt this ability during her time in the Silver jedi, if she recalled it was taught by giving the student a material that had been sitting on a planet for a while, telling them which planet and asking them to concentrate.... perhaps that same method could be applied here.

"Is magnificent the only thing you are thinking?”

I was also thinking something along the lines of ‘please have my babies’, but I'm not sure that we could.” His eyes widened and he blushed a little, feeling foolish. “Uh, I mean—well, that is… I don’t think we’ve ever discussed that before...

Given that both of them had children from previous relationships, with Elise having grandchildren as well, it wasn’t exactly a pressing issue. Or perhaps it was, given that Nimdok cared about it. For years he had wanted a son, and perhaps more children after that. But he had been reluctant to bring the topic up, afraid of how Elise would react. Not too long ago he had learned that his ex-wife never wanted kids, and only had Miri in order to appease him. He wished that she had simply told him the truth rather than placating him, especially when it came to such a serious responsibility as becoming a parent...

Putting these painful thoughts out of his mind, he changed the subject back to the locked door. “Yes, voice-activated. That would mean speaking a combination of some kind, either words or numbers I imagine… and given how those droids reacted, I’d rather not try to guess and risk putting the whole system on alert. There's got to be a way to figure it out...

Those sudden world instantly made her fluster up he had certainly become more 'forward' with his feelings... it wasn't a bad thing. "Oh I am quite certain we could, I think we are still quite compatible despite our varying races". She teased slightly, though children, it wouldn't be the first time she had a child and with nimdok, though he wouldn't live as long as her a the man would still be around for quite a while, longer than her last partner. "I suppose we can talk about it a little later you naughty boy, at this rate we are going to have quite the interesting family tree".

Would be quite interesting for her grandchildren, when sukai and her partner finally tied the knot to have grandparents the same age as them, technically speaking that was. "Besides, I can't let my own daughter outdo me, I mean she had 4 children, 5 if you could the one they adopted kiso, but back to the task at hand". "I don't suppose any of the drones here have information about it? did they record stuff"?

Her response to his fumbling question stirred some deep emotion in Nimdok. It showed in his eyes, bright and shining. "Our branch would be a worthy addition to the Ike family tree, I hope," he said softly. Of course he was thinking of his work and her family and all the other things that could complicate the already massive undertaking that was having a child… but just hearing her say she was open to the idea, enthusiastic even, was enough to make him forget all these worries. A half-Energy Vampire, half-Shi'ido child. He could picture it already...

His daydreaming was interrupted when he finally remembered what they were supposed to be doing. “Oh, the drones!... well, we’d probably have to have credentials to access their records… and I’m not a slicer… but perhaps if I looked and sounded like Darth Prospero, they would recognize me as their master and be more forthcoming?

It seemed their best bet. Glad that he had decided to wear polyweave on this date, Nimdok stood motionless as his body began to shapeshift. He became taller and more muscular, his hair darkened to jet black, and his features chiseled into a more conventionally handsome visage. When the transformation was complete, he was a perfect mirror image of the late Darth Prospero in his prime, a younger man in his twenties with piercing blue eyes. The polyweave cloth reshaped itself into a set of stylish black Sith robes, completing the ensemble.

What do you think, Elise?” he asked, showing off. Even his voice had changed, higher in pitch and tinged with a posh Serennian accent. But his smile was his own, warmer and more affectionate than the real Prospero likely ever was. “Quite the improvement, wouldn't you say?

Now they just had to find an intact droid—which shouldn't prove too difficult, given that he could already hear more headed their way.

Her face flustered some more at the further mention of children, "Well you are not wrong, I am certain mother would be accepting of you and having a larger family never hurt". Perhaps they would inherit Nimdoks shape shifting force powers that he used, certainly would come in handy. Speaking of which, herself was once more greeted to the sight of her lover being able to change so seeminly easily, giving a small chuckle at his new look.

"Hmmm I kind of prefer your usual look, a pretty face is just one of many things that makes me like you".
She teased, though it was impressive how much he was able to change. If not a loving father and archeologist she was certain he could have become one of the best spies in the galaxy. "But anyways, lets see if the drones are still up, the ones I shot with lighting should just be disabled not damaged".

Hm, yes,” he agreed, laughing as he flexed his newly muscled arms for her. “A pretty face really is no substitute for a great personality, which I have in spades.

Holding out his hand for her to hold, he headed back in the direction of the droids. Seizing a disabled security drone with the Force, he levitated it toward them, rebooting its systems.

“Master!” a mechanical voice greeted. “We did not expect you to visit us.”

Nor did I expect to come here,” Nimdok replied with Prospero’s voice. He knew that most of Prospero’s facilities were run by a type of hive mind AI, and while it was intelligent, it could still be fooled. “I happened to be in the neighborhood, and thought I would stop by for an inspection.” His tone became annoyed. “I never would have expected my droids to attack my guests.

“We are very sorry, master. We will examine our—”

This is unacceptable behavior,” Nimdok snapped. “I will examine you myself for defects, since clearly you cannot maintain your security forces’ integrity.

“Very well, master, but—”

But what? Are you questioning me?

“No, master.”

You have also locked all the doors of the facility to me. Did you change the passwords without my permission?

“No, master. The password is still listed as ‘Desric’.”

Nimdok avoided raising an eyebrow at the simplicity of the password. Turning the drone off, he approached the door and said, “Desric.

It slid open, revealing a sleek laboratory beyond.

She rolled her eyes playfully at his personality comment, putting her hand into his palm as they moved to the drones. "Okay I get it, no need to blow your horn so much". Though it would see he did indeed have a good personality, hearing him speak to the droids in a tone befitting a Sith Lord, a sly smile creeping along her face as Nimdock finished speaking with the drone and uttering the password.

"My my, I did not think you could as in such a manner, you'd be giving me a run for my own money with such an attitude". If she was a few hundred years younger Elise would be tempted to lure the man to the dark side if such a performance was to be common place.

All in good fun.” Nimdok winked at Elise and tenderly kissed the back of her hand.

Yet a twinge of guilt ran through him as he realized her reaction to his charade bordered on approval. His relationship with Elise had begun before he became a Jedi, when morality and alignment hadn’t mattered to him as much. Sometimes he dreamed of redeeming her and bringing her fully into his world. Other days he fantasized about what it would be like to share in hers, drinking from the same wellspring she drew her dark power from. He tried not to indulge either of these fantasies, but it was difficult, especially when he so often felt like his love for her was a contradiction. How could he proclaim himself a steadfast Jedi while engaging in a passionate romance with a Sith woman?

Well, a former Sith, anyway. Elise still used the Dark Side, as evidenced by her lightning display earlier. Which he had encouraged… and found quite attractive...

Well, would you look at that,” he remarked, trying to take his mind off guilty thoughts. “It’s a veritable mad scientist’s lab in here.

The laboratory beyond the door was pristine and sterile, but judging by the presence of numerous exowombs, it had been used for breeding Sithspawn, or some other nefarious purpose. Nimdok could neither see nor sense any life growing in them at the moment, much to his relief.

I can’t believe the Sith built a secret lab attached to a buried tomb…” he muttered, then snorted. “Actually, yes I can. Tricky bastards.” He frowned. "And the whole place is automated by droids... why, this could be used to manufacture an entire army..." He trailed off, falling silent as he wandered around, exploring.

She held out her hand in a regal manner as he kissed it much like a noble lady... well she was technically a noble lady being apart of the Ike family and all, even if she didn't act like it. Herself giving a coy smirk unaware of the varying thought that flowed through his mind as they turned to view the lab.

"My my, he was certainly well equipped, that much I can say". She remarked looking over the lab, partially admiring it's structure from a scientific standpoint but also the Siths ingenuity. . "You can always count on Sith to be sneaking and deceptive, as much as they talk about strength and what not most are just as cowardly". Her usual disdain for Sith once again on display, somewhat ironic considering her past.

Well-equipped,” Nimdok echoed Elise’s words with a soft snort, continuing to walk further into the room. There was another chamber beyond, housing mainly machinery. The walls were covered in holoscreens, buttons, and dials. He assumed this was the control room, where the lab’s output would be managed.

Cautiously, he approached one of the screens and waved a hand over a sensor, causing it to become active. Words scrolled rapidly across the screen: Greetings, Darth Prospero. What is your wish?

He was definitely a coward,” Nimdok agreed. “But an intelligent man nonetheless. I only wish he had put his talents to better use. Helping others rather than seeking greater power for himself…

In light of his previous conversation with Elise about having children, the discovery of the Sithspawn lab was a little foreboding. Or perhaps convenient. “You know, if we could figure out how it all works, we could use this lab to… Well, it’s a rather strange idea, I know, but it would save time, and you wouldn’t have to go through the trouble and risk of carrying a child to term and giving birth. No woman would, if Prospero had turned his attention toward bettering society rather than making monsters...

He let his suggestion hang in the air, not sure how Elise would react. Perhaps they shouldn’t spend too much time here—now that he was deeper in the room, he could detect a faint Dark Side corruption. It wasn't quite a presence, more of an atmosphere to the place, as though the Dark had permeated the very walls and floors of the facility. Besides, there was still the ancient tomb left to explore.

She looked back to him at the suggestion, wondering if what he said was for real. While it did make some practical sense using somthing use to produce Sith spawn to help conceive a baby was just, strange. The 'danger' he said about a natural birth also didn't really register for her. "Nimdok, you know I've already had a child and I am a vampire, it's basically impossible for us to experience dangers during birth". "It will be fine, you don't need to worry and if I did use one of these I would never hear the end of it from Kurenai". "I heard that even after her recent child she was practically ready to stand up and hour later like nothing had happened".

Granded Kurenai has a very high pain tolerance, she had been almost chopped in half by a lightsaber ocne and literally walked it off, so child birth wasn't much of and issue. "We also have the use of the force and access to some of the best medical facilities in the galaxy, so you don't need to worry about that sort of stuff, okay"?

All right, it was only a suggestion,” Nimdok clarified, holding his hands up as though Elise were a policewoman about to arrest him. “I don’t doubt your ability to bear children safely, my love. It was more for the sake of convenience. Besides, I’m not so sure these machines could be trusted, given what they were built for...” He glanced down at himself and made a face. “You’re making me wonder if pretending to be Darth Prospero is also making me think like him, cold and efficient…

A smirk crossed his features at the mention of Kurenai. He was fairly certain Elise wasn’t that competitive with her daughter. Still, the idea was rather amusing.

You have to admit, it would be faster, if you were really looking to beat Kurenai… although I guess it would be considered cheating,” he muttered, his wink making it clear he was joking.

Taking one last look around, he shrugged. “Well, it looks like that’s all there is to it. Shall we head back the way we came, and explore that tomb?” Pausing, he added, “Perhaps we should seal this lab up, make sure no one else can use it for evil. I might have some explosives in my pack…

"Hmmm maybe, perhaps turn back first thing you can, and not just for me, I don't think your other friends or family would be to thrilled seeing a Darth Lord in your place". She joked as the wanted further into the lab, todays trip taking quite a different turn. "Well not really looking to beat Kurenai but more or less show her I'm not some old worn out women, even if I am in the prime of my life in terms of vampire years". Their life span being sort of 100 times that of a human. 100 years to them was like 1 human year and with their life span being around 8000 years on average and herself being around 3000 she was more or less 30.

"Yeah, lets keep this sealed, maybe inform some other people about it, Prospero may be back and I don't want another sith ruining our time together". Herself thinking back to that ravenouse fellow they kept bumping into, a real pain in the ass.

Old, well, you certainly are a lot older than me. A cougar as well as a vamp,” he teased. As he spoke, he began to change back into the Professor Nimdok everyone knew and loved. “As for worn out, I don’t know where Kurenai gets that from. I’d say you’re pretty spry for a three thousand year old woman.

His good-natured teasing soon sobered, and he looked at Elise with soft eyes. “How are things going with you and Kurenai? You’re not at each other’s throats, are you?

While he wouldn’t go so far as to describe relations between Elise and her daughter as hostile, there was obvious friction between them. Probably borne out of guilt on Elise’s part and resentment on Kurenai’s. Nimdok knew better than to think he could mend their relationship, but he would like to help in any way he could. If nothing else, maintaining peace between his wife and stepdaughter could only benefit him.

Leading the way back to the lab’s entrance, he rifled around in his pack, pulling out a gel-like substance that, when ignited, would create an explosion. “I certainly hope Prospero won’t come back. I’m getting rather sick of Sith Lords not staying dead,” he said as he began to carefully plant the explosives. Once he had finished, he took several steps back and held out the detonator to Elise. “Why don’t you do the honors?

Last edited:
"You make me feel old, stop teasing me like that", she replied in a coy tone as he talked about her age. She knew what he said was true, their kind didn't tend to show any aging until their end of their life span and even then as force users they could carrying on well for quite a while without getting sore backs and bones.

"We were never really at 'each other's throat', that was more me and my grandmother, I think for Kurenai it was more just disappointment". "I hadn't seen her in around 800 years, she was lost not just to me but the rest of the family". "Only reason she is back with us is due to a chance meeting back when she was a mercenary, Sawa hiring her due being another vampire and the connection being made". By the time she finally met up with her again she had been with the family a while and was slightly more mellow women compared to her a few decades before.

As they walked back she gave Nimdok a small smirk as they went to blow the place,
"would be my honor, haven't seen a good explosion in a long time". Herself pressing the button and standing back to watch the fireworks.

I’m just glad you’re willing to keep me around, even though I tease you, and try too hard, and talk too much…

Ah, so he had been wrong, fortunately. “Well, I hope you’re enjoying your time with Kurenai after spending so long apart,” he said.

As she took the detonator from him, he was seized by a sudden impulse to reach up and caress her cheek. “You know, it’s been a while since I last kissed you…” Eight posts ago, actually, even if it had been just a kiss on her hand.

He started to lean toward her, only to be interrupted by the explosion. It served him right, really—you don’t hand a girl a detonator and expect her to hold out long enough for a kiss. He turned his head to watch the fireworks. “Phew, that explosion's a lot bigger than I thought it would be…

Rocks fell from the ceiling, the beginnings of a cave-in. Nimdok grabbed Elise and leaped out of the way. A pile of rocks and debris covered the entrance to the lab, sealing it away.

Lying on the ground with Elise beneath him in the aftermath, Nimdok chuckled nervously. “You probably could’ve survived that, I know,” he said. “I didn’t need to shield you.” His laughter died down, and without another word he leaned in and kissed her mouth.

"There there no need get all whimpery on my, you are fine just the way you are, was the reason that i decided to be with you in the first place". "As for kurenai, work on both our parts means we don't have the most time to spend with each other, though when I am home we do converse". Even if the family feud had been settled their differing personalities sometimes made interacting with each other difficult.

She brushed it assied as the explosion took place, missing the chance for the two to kiss as the place caved in, probably not their most brightest moment, though the position she found herself in wasn't a bad one. "Perhaps, though I think I will use this chance to finish that kiss". Elise teased placing her hands on Nimdok's cheeks and pulling him towards her lips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom