Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Staff This Past Month 20.20 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodbye, 2020.

Gods, what a rollercoaster.

It’s hard to believe we started out this year with the forum upgrade. Doesn’t that feel like a decade ago? But here we are, first year of “silver age” Chaos down in the bank. A quick look through previous announcements of the year really puts in perspective exactly how much has happened. But I feel like everyone’s saying this, and feeling it too.

The past is the past, let’s move on to what’s going on now.

Staff Team
Valiens has officially come off break, and I’ll be ending my 6th (7th?) retirement to join him on Staff. He’ll still retain the position of Head Administrator, and will serve a majority of the roles he did prior to his LOA.

We’ve also sadly said goodbye to writer and now former Judge Annasari Annasari . Thank you, as always, for your time and dedication to this community.

Flashpoint
The only thing we know right now is the timeframe, April, and the fact that a new map/timeline update is in the works for this event.

Year of Chaos

I'm really hoping we have fun with these new rulesets, and Staff will be looking for feedback as the year progresses to help make them the best they can be for the community.

This year is about to bring us Annihilations, and I just want to say something I held back early on for the people who'd freak out; it's fun, sometimes, to watch ya'll go crazy. But of course, in the future, we have plans and strategies to be able to "bring planets back". Nothing is ever permanent, this is like the DC universe. Nothing ever truly stays dead. For the year, there will be lasting impact, and possibly for the following. But Staff had already been instructed when Annihilations were announced that "of course" age old classics could be brought back, in immersive and fun stories that breathe more mythology into the Chaosphere.

Just please make sure to keep monitoring your blood pressure when those feedback wars start on the new rulesets. My only real fear about it all, is that it'll entice more toxicity out of the community, despite all the work we've done this year to squash it.

Disciplinary Action

Over the past few days, a number of writers have been banned for varying degrees of infractions. I’m only going to talk about two of them.

e8dcc74314ec8654b0beee13cd02c6e4.png

Let me be as clear as possible, of how this is perceived, regardless of intent. This is probably the worst example of trying to influence a discussion between an Administrator and a Major Faction Owner I can possibly think of. I gave the MFO a day, I advised sleeping on the decision, I advised against revealing the discussion just yet, but agreed he could play it out however he’d like. Within minutes of ending the discussion, this occurred. I can’t fathom the thought process behind it, beyond confusion and a “no plan” knee-jerk reaction. The facts aren’t even there - there was no ultimatum currently present - but there definitely is one now:

If you are a grown adult intending on some sort of Star Wars fandom RP forum “revolution”, of causing drama and of undermining the SWRP Staff Team through #defiance, please just PM me now and let me free you of this burden. I will help you find the door.

This isn’t an argument to win. This is a decision everyone has to make, and make it soon, because you're souring the air for the ones who do want to be here. If you’re here to write Star Wars, enjoy Chaos - I’m game, and we’ll make it as fun as we can. If you’re here to behave like this, it’s the end of the line for you. If you don’t PM me, I’m going to assume you’re of the 99% of writers who are here to write Star Wars and enjoy the community, and we’ll push on into the rest of 2021 and enjoy what it has to offer.

For the silent majority, like the last few times we’ve had to have this discussion, I again thank you for offering us no issues nor problems - and hope you continue to enjoy what Chaos brings to the table in this new year.

Oh, and there’s the car bombing the Admin team IRL “joke” that happened during this.

4409b054f2516449f9984518f2280563.png

Despite me being forced to respond to even perceived joke death threats, the timing of it is… well, I assume you haven’t been watching the news recently.

Addendum: It has been requested it be re-clarified that no known threat to the SWRP Admins actually occurred, this was just a really bad "joke" with even worse timing that was reported to the SWRP Staff Team.

Last edited:
Understood. But understand that public and overt actions to defame members without their ability to defend themselves shall be met in kind (by me and only me). I shall take care next time and familiarize myself with the expected behavior as written in the rules. Apologies.

This is why locked threads exist.

And for the member who asked me why we can't do everything out in the open, why we have to have backroom discussions, it's because when ya'll collectively come together - faced with the option of "learn from our mistakes" or spew salt, you choose salt every time. Because it's easy.

Because it's gratifying.

Because in the short term, you don't think about the person behind the avatar.

It's disgusting. It's saddening. If you can't get it through your thick skulls that this isn't about acronyms, this isn't about factions, this is about the rules we need in place because we apparently need them to give us some facade of decency. We've had members get married here. We've had members pass away here. We've had people find lifelong friends here. So many people find good things from here, but here comes you drama thirsters, every time. Not to learn a lesson, not to listen to reason, or abide by rules. Again, if you can't get it through your thick skulls and remove those echo chambers from your ears, you don't deserve a thread to vent.

This ultimatum doesn't just apply to NIO, it applies to every Chaos member who is here to spew toxicity over make believe bs rather than indulge in escapism and enjoy friends. You don't think. You have zero situational awareness. You can't see beyond "my faction is better than yours." Get your priorities straight, now, Chaos. Because right now, I am so very over it.

This thread has been locked. First person to move to a blog to capitalize on moving the discussion, you're getting the hammer.

Move this discussion to your echo chambers, if you have to.

Then look around the room and ask yourselves what the hell you're doing with your time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom