Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

There Be Monsters | CIS Dominion of Monastery

l7dVZEo.png
Interacting with: [member="Nylea Apollodor"] and [member="Derek Dib"]
Post 6

“N-no, I am fine.” Nora said with a twitch as the hand touched against her shoulder. “It’s good to face your fears, it’s the only way to be rid of them. To stay strong.”

Not that she found much strength in knowing that her friend had betrayed her seemingly out of the blue for no other reason than because Nora was ‘in the way’ somehow. She had grown wary of the risk for betrayal since then, and inside her mind Nora kept a battle plan for if or when someone else would be out to hurt her again. She had picked up a training regiment for self-defense and courses in how to avert the prying eyes of force users for those who did not have the luck to be touched by it.

It wasn’t anything overtly hostile towards them in the end as much as a safety measure. Nora was part of the leadership in the end, it was just a good idea overall to get those durasteel walls up there.

“And I am Nora Lithos.” Nora said with a bow. “It’s good to meet you. Indeed.”

Incident did feel like the right word to describe betrayal. As Nylea explained the situation and began her work to try and fix it, Nora would approach the man.

“We have had a couple of hard months lately, I’m sorry for any signs of disrepair that you might have spotted around the grounds. We had a bit of a stagnant streak, but we’re on our way back again as we speak.” The silver-haired Arkanian looked around the courtyard. It had once held a peace summit — or rather, an attempted peace summit. There had been… Less than non-lethal interruptions to it.

“We know that there is something affecting these creatures, but not much beyond that. Is there anything in particular that you would like to know, viceroy?”

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Objective 4
Location Hidden place in the wilderness
Team Tag: [member="Katrine Van-Derveld"] [member="Daxton Bane"]
Watching Daxton destroy the Memory core and the Computer after Kat ordered it. He was a little disappointed at loss of anything of value but even he could tell the voice Kat just used was not to be reasoned with. Destroying all the chemicals present without another moments thought recognizing that this was part of what had to be destroyed. Then he turns to Kat, "my blade is yours my lady", not fully understanding why he said that. Nevertheless it was time to destroy the beast that was heading towards him no way to turn them back now.

Maple as the creatures started to pay attention to both her and Kurenai, began to ease off on nearly overwhelmed men in the square, charging at her and the Marble Woman with the big gun. She pulled out the blade when the cats and shrikes came into range, and Maple pulled out her cane, dropping her gun, and when one cat leapt, Maple called on the Force, leaping out of its pounce, letting it smack into a building wall and knock itself out. Another bounded towards her, and she executed a force-powered torso flip towards it using her cane's weight, increased by the centrifugal force of her flip cracked its skull, killing it instantly, she ducked under the diving swipe of one of the bat creatures, swinging the handle in an upward curving gesture, catching it in the neck and breaking it, causing it to crash into a pile of cats about to jump Kurenai, who was putting up quite a vicious fight herself.

The Force warned her of close range hostility, and she turned and spotted a swarm of the bat creatures diving, and broke into a running slide for her rifle twisting upward on the ground and hitting two of them in the throat and head before rolling to avoid the dive of the final one, hitting it with a shot to the back of its head as it landed. She flipped upright using her legs to propel her in a swinging motion, dodging and shooting another leaping sabercat. But more still were attempting to flank her. She called on the Force, her reflexes slowing as Doashim remarked on how impressed it was. It was uncomfortable to her just how well it seemed to understand her.

There was a lull in the fighting, cats circling her and [member="Kurenai Yumi"] in the distance, others regrouping for another attack. There were piles of animal corpses around them.

Maple kept her rifle trained on the largest group, seven in all stalking them.

"Well, at least they aren't rancors. Cannot stand the smell." she joked to Kurenai, wondering silently if there would be zombies like last time.

clear_run.png

Kurenai Yumi

Objective: Either 3 or 4
Allies: close [member="Maple Harte"]

Kurenai once gain finished off another one of the endless swam of creatures that poured in upon the weak defenses, her steel heal boot stamping into the bests skull with enough force to shatter it, blood and other bits flying all over the place. Unfortunately her brutal and slowly becoming more ruthless manner was not affecting the beast what so ever, each one coming just as the other, the question was why? It seemed rather strange that the creatures would attack such a place, it was small, probably most people having gotten out already, so why continue to attack, why have the beasts not changed targets for the main city?

Her through process was interrupted as the sounds of shrieking bat creatures filling their air, Kurenai becoming rather frustrated with her current situation, frustration turning to slight anger, said anger becoming power, her hand clenching with a tight grip. "I've had it with this mother karking bat on this mother karking grass plain, just piss off already"!! Thrusting her hand out a froce spear of dark energy manifested, shooting out with lighting speed at the incoming bats, piercing through there hide, ripping into the next one behind it, but she would not stop with just one. Again Kurenai would manifest another spear in hand, launching it, one after the other, downing bat left right and center, acting as a human Anti-Aricraft gun, fueled by the frustration of the never ending hoards.

Slowly the last bat like creature fell to the ground, Kurenai panting, seeming to be exhausted after expending that much energy, kneeling down with her head hanging down a bit, several cats turning attention to what looked like easy prey... they where foolish. Reaching out her hand all the cats suddenly stop, and invisible hand of the force preventing their movements, then slowly, in a sick like manner their bodies contorting into unnatural shapes, the wielding indiscriminately moving her hands making a force field like wave of telekinesis. Such that would that would slowly rip apart anything that got too close, "these stupid beasts need to learn their place, which is on the ground bowing to a stronger force, I grow tried of their defiance and thinking".

Objective: My own thing

Walking through the already wrecked carnage that had been my entrance through these tunnels, I carried a weapon that I couldn't use. It was not put together in any form. While the lightsaber hilt itself was very old, parts were missing just by looking at it. I could likely just make a mold of the outer shell, and create my own lightsaber just like this one from whatever metal I wanted. Sure, it would take some time, but it would be very useful when I was done. Having the crystal in one hand, and the lightsaber shell in the other. I slowly made my way out. Luckily I had a spare lightsaber with me. The yellow bladed one I kept in memory of my father. The one he owned as an apprentice, and a Knight of the Silver Jedi before they became fanatics with blowing people up.

I put the crystal into my pocket, and attached the rather long lightsaber hilt to my belt while I held aloft the yellow blade. It's light igniting my path with its light. Moving back through the area, I could hear shuffling behind me. Turning around, the child followed me. I then knelt down to reach eye level. The little thing spoke to me.

"You are welcome back to us Xesh. Come and visit when you are able. Maybe then we could support you more with your efforts. Until then, Let the stars guide your way."

I was entirely confused. Was this child being controlled by someone, or was the kid controlling all of these people? I was completely confused with it. Unsure what to do, I just stood up and watched as this child walked back. Turning around the corner to fade from my sight. Shaking my head, I turned back around and walked out towards the Exit.

clear_cure.png

Team Tag: [member="Rex Taff"] [member="Daxton Bane"]

At her words, Daxton plunged his weapon into the main monitor, destroying it. "Everything but the datapad can go," Katrine instructed as she separated it from the rest of the tech, following the blips on them as they moved. Her gaze raised as the Doashim chosen said his blades were at her service and that they would make the creator of this monstrosity even thousandfold for what he'd done. She nodded in agreement. "We will," the blonde agreed as she stepped from the destroyed tech, towards the center of the room.

The blips noted proximity as Daxton stepped forward first and she put down the datapad to the side as she called for the ichor, her sword appearing before her, around its blade dancing green fire as Rex offered up his own blade as well. She reached for it just as the muted Saber Cat approached, growling as it moved further in. "This is a mercy," Katrine reminded just before the Sabercat had come into view from the small entrance hall.

Instinctively, Katrine had stepped forward towards the beast as it had made its final steps before it had swung its large claws at her. Without putting any thought, the Witch reacted as she had been reacting in the wake of an attack - as a Warrior. Her blade rose and struck, meeting the charging paw mid-air, cutting through the fur and skin. The beast screamed and Katrine pulled out the sword and moved back as it had swung it's bloody paw right back at her in anger. Still unaware of the power the ichor had over her when she used it, the Witch had attempted communicating with Daxton through the Force but she suddenly became strangely aware of her severed connection. "Now!" She'd only managed as pulled back from its reach.

Something else moved from behind the Sabercat, she realized suddenly, spotting the staring eyes at her. Human-looking eyes. He saw them, he saw the Sabercat and moved backward, disappearing behind the entrance. Katrine wanted to go after him so badly but at the moment as she'd moved backward, she was counting on Daxton and Rex to work with her and give additional strikes to the mutated beast before she could get a clear exit for the doors.

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Objective: 4
Team tag: [member="Katrine Van-Derveld"] [member="Daxton Bane"]
His lightsabres active Rex waited for the beast to come. As the beast came into view kat reminded them that this is a mercy. Rex had to agree with her, as the beast moved further in she struck it and then said now. Within Seconds Rex brought his lightsabres thru, one aimed at the paw reaching out, the other at the creatures neck. As both blows land severing the creature's paw and then finally ending it life cutting of it's head. That was when Rex saw some movement at the back of the room near the entrance.

The scientist it had to be Rex would hunt and hound him for this abomination against nature. Using his force speed Rex ran after the man, leaving his companions behind as far as he knew. It only took 1 minute before Rex caught the man. "You're not going anywhere, you created this creatures this monsters, you harmed nature and tried to make it do your bidding and you were going to try it on other planets." Looking at the man disgusted feeling a rage burning inside him, much like that he had felt during the bank heist. However where the other man had been hired to do a job and thus didn't deserve to die, this one had done this of his own malice and thus deserved a very painful death. "You deserve no mercy for what you have done to this planet to these creatures." Finishing the sentence lingering on the last words then saying more. "However I will still give you a quick death if you tell me why." The scientist spits on Rex's helmet "You will never understand why, I did what I did or that." Rex nods at the man, "You have chosen your path very well then." Cutting of one of his legs, The scientist cries out in pain, Screaming "You will never understand."

Rex with the man still alive, calls on the comm link, "Confederates, I managed to capture the scientist." Waiting a second before telling more "However we can't reverse the process taken on the animals that have already been changed." Then switch of his end so he can only hear again, he waits for either kat to elaborate or someone else to ask. While doing so he looks down at the scientist and tells him "Don't worry I won't be the one giving you a painful death, someone else who will enjoy every second of it will, but you deserve more than that for what you've done and were about to do." Scientist calls back "Scum you will never understand why I did it never."

Objective 4
Team tag: [member="Rex Taff"] [member="Kurenai Yumi"] [member="Katrine Van-Derveld"]

It galled Daxton to not be part of the kill but the creature was dead even before its carcass hit the floor. Shame in that would have been a good fight. Turning his attention to the contents of the room, he reached out with his Force Tentacles and started tear the room apart, smashing consoles, upturning chemical vats, crumpling metal equipment into compact balls of metal. Sparks flew as the machines tore apart and were turned inside out. By the time Daxton was through a small fire had broken out and would soon consume the complex once it hit the chemical reserves.

But Daxton’s blood lust was far from sated, in fact as soon as his companion stated the scientists capture, he decided that he would have some fun as well.

“Keep him alive until I get there, he will have much to answer for.” While it may have sounded like a request, a more apt mercy would to be cut the scientists throat now before the Sith Lord would show his tender mercies.

Arriving at the capture point, Daxton deactivated his blades bent down to look the scientist in the eye.

“You stand guilty of crimes against humanity and nature, corrupting the natural order, bestiality, and acts too unnatural and numerous to count. How do you plead?” Daxton’s tone was impersonal, cold and devoid of emotion.

“Fark you Confederate Dog. I did what I had to do. You have no idea, no idea at all.”

“Pride is your sin, and it shall be your downfall. Since you have expressed no remorse or repentance for your crimes, you have been found guilty. Your punishment is the utter destruction of your personality until all that is left is slobbering husk of a man you once were. Sentence to be carried out immediately.”

The scientist’s eyes widened as his mouth opened to protest, but Daxton grabbed his head with his palm and reached out to the Force. The man’s eyes rolled back into his head as in his life flashed before him in reverse. Getting cut down, the chase, his triumphant experiment, the failed attempts, arriving onworld, the memories flashed faser and faster until all that was left was the memory of staring at walls inside a womb.

Releasing the scientist from his grasp, Daxton was pleased to have drained every single thought from the scientist. Nothing was left but a catatonic lump of flesh, who would probably dinner for one of his own creatures if they left him here in the wild. Somehow that seemed like poetic justice to the Harbringer.

“It is done.”

clear_cure.png

Team Tag: [member="Rex Taff"] [member="Daxton Bane"]

Rex had been one to strike at the Sabercat and end. Normally, Katrine would have paused and whispered a prayer for the perished but right now, she'd been furious and rather than waiting, broke into a run leading her out of the laboratory.

The Witch hurried after, cracking neck to the side as she moved, feeling the wolf coming out as she'd walked, taking off her shirt first and letting it drop on the floor as she continued. Daxton was already there, already holding the scientist by his head while one of the man's limbs were already missed. The animal inside her demanded liberation and she did, removing the rest of her clothes and changing as she'd moved, her bones cracking and reshaping into her animalist form, moving down.

A whole minute and a half later as Daxton had worked on the scientist, jumping forward in her lupine form as he'd spoken. Sapphire gaze lowered at the grumbling man on the ground, growling angrily at him. She was still well aware of what he'd done though she couldn't communicate with words in this form. She could, however, ensure the will of the spirits be done and her own, which Katrine did as she launched herself at the humanoid, biting into his flesh, again and again, ripping through, the screaming causing immense pain through her ears, only making her bite harder. And she would only stop when he had stopped screaming, biting harder into his neck, blood covering her.

Anger released her to his death and the Lupine whimpered as she sat down, still looking at the main culprit for this action, now gone from the living. And with Daxton destroying the facility which had generated this mutation and the scientist gone, the vast majority of the problem had been dealt with. Now, the remaining mutations could be found through their trackers and fully destroyed.

Objective 4
Team tag: [member="Rex Taff"] [member="Kurenai Yumi"] [member="Katrine Van-Derveld"]

Keeping his arms away from his weapons, least he provoke her in her animal form, Daxton addressed the pair and said. “Justice has been served for the people. The source of the threat is gone, all that remains is to hunt down the rest of his creation. The two of you can join the others, I will remain and make sure the flames do not spread beyond the compound. Let us end this nightmare and free the people of Monastery once and for all.”

clear_exterm.png
monasteryblue.png
Location: North East Area of Cessna [Civilian Bunker 2-B] --> Soon to be En route to the Sanctuary

Srina was able to see, first hand, why the local militia had warned against speeders. A civilian blew through the area, and the noise drew the attention of the Nightshrike’s, who swarmed and picked him off the swoop in an instant. It didn’t have enough protection. [member="BX-25233"] thanked her for the warning, and the assistance, and the pale Echani merely nodded her head. The title of ‘Dread Queen’ went mostly unnoticed, considering her concerns lay with the massive, carnivorous bats flying overhead. “Cats are generally agile—I would assume the same of a Saber Cat. Perhaps it outwitted us. Or, it was already here, just under our noses.”

The rather talkative droid began to take shots at the Saber Cat in question and Srina was forced to turn back to her comms once more. It was difficult trying to maintain a communications presence and retain her head on her shoulders at the same time—but somehow, she managed. One of the Lotus teams, led by [member="Elisea Korrado"], radioed in for help with one of the nearby cities. “For the moment I’m pinned but I can get other forces out to Vitalii shortly. We’ll get it done.”

The Sith Apprentice dispatched the Magnaguards that had accompanied her. They were deadly, swift, and efficient in ways that some droids were not. They should be more than sufficient, along with any other organics that followed, to help those fleeing Vitalii, and keep the citizens safe. This extermination held a very wide net. It didn’t seem that the creatures had spread all over the planet, not yet, but if left unchecked it was only a matter of time.

Srina did not see what happened to [member="Scherezade deWinter"] but, she did get the message from [member="BX-25233"] that something had happened to her and broke into a swift run. The Sith Apprentice blinked at the notion of someone needing duct tape but could only assume that the girl had been injured. Again. What exactly was Katrine teaching her? How to be the best pin cushion in the verse? The sound of wings fluttering made her tense, and she nearly activated her saber again, but the presence of her Master stilled her hand.

Not for the first time she felt something bloom from nothing. She could feel Darth Metus not only in her mind, but perched, on her very shoulder. If she were a lesser woman she might have called the raven that he had become to protect her endearing. ‘You’ve had a late start. Is everything all right at Cessna Starport? I expected you sooner.’

It wasn’t long before the white-haired woman arrived at the bloody scene that was the deWinter girl. The Magnaguards were dispatching the rest of the Nightshrike’s so that the citizens could secure the bunker, and she knew, that Katrine as doing everything she could to find out what the source of the creature corruption was. It would be over, soon, and as she had promised previously…The Confederacy would see it done. “What have you done to yourself?”, she breathed, silver eyes flickering, as she blocked their path. It would do Scherezade no good to keep moving as she was, even slowly, or carefully. Every step would tear the ragged edges of the wounds further.

They were in the middle of a war zone. There were a number of locations that might be able to offer her aid, but the scent of her blood, would do more harm than good. She might as well have been a beacon that signaled a good, easy, meal. “Hold still.”, the apprentice murmured, feeling her eyes burn gold, as they always did when she accessed the dark side of the Force. There was delicate ebb and flow, a change in her demeanor, and she momentarily seemed to go deaf to their surroundings. It was not a good idea when there were Nightshrike’s randomly appearing from what seemed to be nowhere but she couldn’t help it. Her visions were strong, passed with the strength of a tsunami, and demanded to be heard. There was a way. Darth Metus did not seem to know it, but somehow, through his past experiences, Srina could piece together what Scherezade needed. He had not been able to heal her wounds from Tatooine. That had been left to [member="Katrine Van-Derveld"] and the Grandmaster of the Silver Jedi... Yet, this was not so severe.

Once upon of time Srina would have thought it impossible. Yet, she was not as she had once been.

‘Can we try, Master?’

Her question was for the raven on her shoulder. Silence, affirmed her request. Yes. They would try.

“Captain…please remain vigilant. I will be momentarily indisposed. Ms. DeWinter—do not panic.”

She reached out for the young girl’s abdomen and rest her hand atop the girl’s small bloody fingers. Head tilting, as if she could hear something the others could not, her eyes closed as she began to focus and draw on that which had appeared to her. Eventually, she could see the wounds in her mind’s eye, angry swirling masses of pain, and she poured the force into the area. She took energy from herself, and from her Master, to stabilize Katrine’s young ward.

When she pulled away Scherezade would find that the area still ached, but, that the blood flow had mostly stopped. Instead of wide gashes, they were now thin and shallow. Srina herself felt breathless. She blinked, before shaking her head, and the action chased the yellow out of her gaze. “I am not an experienced healer so you will still need treatment—But this should keep you going.”

“The nearest most comprehensive treatment area is the Sanctuary. The Order of the Sacred Lotus will be able to take care of this. BX-25233, I will need you to accompany this woman to the location I just tagged. I can also go with you, if you would like, but I won’t be able to stay long. These creatures will not execute themselves.”

Srina also needed to check in with Katrine. She would want to know what happened to the deWinter girl, and, the Sith Apprentice needed a status on the ‘Cure’ her team was actively searching for. Her eyes flickered as she began to call one of their smaller craft, merely used for ground transport and noted it would be less than five minutes for the arrival. “Transport will be arriving shortly.”

If the Echani was drained or bothered, she did her best not to show it. It was her duty to remain strong, unbroken, and sure of herself at all times. Leaders could not panic when the best-laid plans fell apart and the best of soldiers did not lose control at the tiniest sight of blood.

Maple winced as she once more felt the spurt of dark power from Kurenai, heard and saw the snarling creatures break from some invisible hand destroying them. Felt her invisible energy tear through swarms of flying creatures before it finally ended in a mass wave of telekinesis. She took a slight, unintrusive gaze at it. Not the Mind-Binder's power. Maple suddenly found it darkly amusing, how she was so adamant and hung up about not working with one specific Dark Sider when here she was, operating openly with a government that actively hired and encorporated them. This Lady alone could probably give the Mind-Binder a run for her money.

Then again, this lady hadn't invaded her dreams and tormented her with her own actions, so yes, Maple did have a very good reason for her continued aversion towards it. Still though...the swell of power was hard to ignore in its temptations. Maple forced back her curiosity once more. There were few surviving animals from her rampage, and what few were left were being finished off by either her or the surviving guards in the square, where the beacon was. Maple ran to them, occasionally shooting a stray sabercat that got close. The rest were retreating.

"You guys look like pressed poodoo," Maple said looking at the squares defenders. Many were bloodied and injured.

"Likewise." one of them muttered.

"Wheres [member="Elisea Korrado"]? We were here because of the beacon? You guys got any ammo?"

"Not much left." the same guard answered. "They figure out where they're all coming from?"

"I'm as in the dark as you. Sorry."

Maple looked around. "We need to rebuild this perimeter in case they attack again. They aren't all dead, but my temp partner here got most of em.

A surviving shrike divebombed with a snarl. Maple twisted and shot it from the sky.

She turned back to the guard. "I helped too."

Then she turned to [member="Kurenai Yumi"]. "These guys look like they are at the end of their rope. I'm not so sure my idea of reinforcing a defense here is the best option, truthfully. I mean, not unless we plan on using the corpses as obstacles."

Kurenai Yumi

]
Allies: close [member="Maple Harte"]

Finally, her rampage came to an end, many beasts still alive, but just by a thread of life, Kurenai’s hands still outstretched, almost locked in place, a burning feeling and cramps running along its length, her limbs dropping down, now with genuine exhaustion. Body kneeling, sweat dripping from the woman forehead, 'that, was intense... is this what it feels like to be Daxton, to have enough power to killing anything with but the twist of a hand... it is an interesting feeling, but this weakness... not sure it is a good trade off". That was not all though, with that sudden outburst Kurenai felt a wave of release come over her, like expelling pent up anger and hatred, all in that one blast, the darkness that hid within her becoming less shrouded, a small amount of light sparking from within.

It was not much, probably barely noticeable to a master but for someone like her, a person who lived in the darkness all her life... it was a very welcomed change, perhaps something to consider later for now they needed to regroup and prepare for another attack, or try and get these people to safety. Coming from behind the Jedi mercenary addressed her, breaking Kurenai out of thought, taking a bit to stand up, visibly shaken from the whole event, "Y-yes, everyone s-seems on the breaking point...", leaning against a nearby wall, catching her strength.

"But what you said, that is not a bad idea.... s-see it you can move the bodies and block off a few streets, try and force any future attack into chock points where we can get cross fire on them... s-see if there is anything we can make into trap... t-trip wire on detonators, mine anything". Using the force, she called the blood soaked Nagamaki to hand, using it as a crutch, just like the old lady she was, ironic when one thought about it for long enough, "give me a hand over to the defences would you".

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Objective - 4 to 3
Allies: [member="Daxton Bane"], [member="Katrine Van-Derveld"], [member="Maple Harte"], [member="Kurenai Yumi"]
He looks at the Daxton, as the man literally dumbs the man before his eyes. "Remind me not to make you angry." That is when a lupine creature comes thru the forest. Watching the man be killed by the beast satisfied his promise to the man. He was about to ask who the creature was when Daxton called it Kat. Ahh more strange people he thought to himself then Daxton suggest they hunt down the rest of the animals. "Agreed, I am going to head towards the beacon in a town not far from here, there will most likely be a few around there."

Leaving the two in the forest and running towards the village. Making there, he kills two sabre cats on the outskirts of the village. Killing one by convincing the other it was an enemy, then finishing that one off. "Smart but still animals." Making inside he finds the large amount of bodies around a centrial area, finding Maple, Kurenai and some monastery forces. Seeing his Sensi using her nagamaki as a crutch "Is everyone okay?"

clear_cure.png

Location: Near and inside the very secret lab which is now on fire
Team Tag: [member="Daxton Bane"] [member="Srina Talon"]

A Lupine in their natural form was still a sentient being even if they lacked to ability to communicate in Galactic Basic. As she calmed, she recalled something relevant as the Zabrak had pointed out they still had to hunt down the rest of the creation. He wanted to stay behind to ensure the fire didn't spread but Katrine thought of the datapad left inside, which caused panic. Yes, they could still hunt down the remaining mutated animals but it would take more time.

Immediately, the wolf had barked at Daxton and Rex, several times over as her excitement rose, panic filling, making her run back to the entrance of the wolf. She wanted inside but her heightened senses were taking in the smell of smoke spreading from inside. Instinct told her not to go in, reason insisted she did and so the Lupine had leaped into the small space, startled by the growing flames inside, eyes adjusting to the smoke to make out where was out.

Something broke and a flame struck towards her, touching the fur before the wolf jumped back, whimpering at the unexpected sensation. She huffed next, looking through the room before she'd spotted the slab she'd been beside before, where she'd been able to find out what the scientist had done to the creatures and just in the middle it was the small datapad she'd left behind. The fire was build up between her and her prize, making the Lupine back up before she'd make the jump across the flames, feeling their warmth between her paws as she'd passed over, landing soon after in a much more confined space that allowed little movement between the flames. Which would make her jump a lot harder, she'd realized suddenly, moving closer to the surgical stand.

Hesitation filled the pup, she didn't usually venture into this sort of situations in her wolf form. It felt almost foreign, having been in her human form for so long. The fire, though usually comforting and useful now suddenly felt built and threatening to the white furred creature, sapphire gaze examing it from every side. In a moment, Katrine had to remind herself who she was and who she was supposed to be to gather her thoughts, to suppress the true animal inside her and to think less like her and more like herself. The fire was a natural element, it was part of nature in its own way same as earth or water was. And she was a Witch as much as she was a Lupine, the wolf decided, suddenly centering her thoughts as she growled into the dancing flames before she progressed towards the bed, lifting her upper body towards it. The datapad was still here, it had been untouched by the fire but the warmth was all around so it would no doubt perish soon if she didn't get it out. So, she did the one thing she could not, opening her mouth and her teeth gently touching into the tech as she searched for a way not to crush it by them or to get it too wet as she'd carry it out. And she had found away before lowering her front paws down on the ground and jumping back over the first obstacle in her path.

Except, there was now a second one, flames building around the only point of exit. She'd approached, accessing her options and moved backward aware she didn't have enough space for a jump any more that she put the datapad on the floor and began barking and howling as her paw scratched against the floor impatiently, focused on the issue at hand rather than arguing alternative solutions with herself right now.

Objective: "Best in Cushion in the 'Verse!"
Allies: [member="BX-25233"] & [member="Srina Talon"]

By the time Scherezade and the droid were greeted by Srina, Scherezade wasn't really seeing much. Well no, that wasn't the right way to put it. She could see colors. The problem was that they had no outline, blurred together, and seemed to be spinning. She didn't like those colors at all. The blood was still leaking out of her, and the smell was sharp in her nose. It was a nice smell. She was going to have to check if perfume in it existed, if she remembered any of it once they were done.

Voices, however, were still sharp. Someone asked her what she'd done to herself. Scherezade grinned from ear to ear, trying not to move beyond that. Moving was bad. Were her legs still moving? She wasn't sure. "I killed a saber cat and I liked it," she answered, humming the worst to the tune of that song that probably doesn't exist in Star Wars. But it didn't matter, even on the brink of losing consciousness, she had a lovely voice.

Next came an order, to hold still. In her blurry state, the girl definetly tried to hold. Air. Holding air. That was a thing, right? Kat had taught her that, right? No.

"Am I supposed to panic?" she asked in reply when Srina told her not to, her voice sounding as genuinly innocent as that of a child. She didn't remember that she was supposed to panic. Why was she supposed to panic again? "I can't keep the rules of panic straight in my head," she admitted.

Something was being done to her. She could feel the Force at work by the tingle beneath her skin. That was always how she knew it was working. But it wasn't her that was working it. But then who? Droids didn't have Force control of any kind and oh boy look at that there were outlines now, and the colors were't moving as much. A moment later, they weren't moving at all.

She blinked, looking at the woman who'd healed her. She was totally ready to keep moving.

"I'm not going to Sanctuary," she said, blinking again. She extended her arm forward, flexing and stretching the fingers. She wasn't bleeding anymore. She was feeling... Like herself? What had the white haired woman done to her? Her stomach hurt a little sure, but that was to be expected after it was shredded by claws. But she was focused again. Very focused. "I'm still covered in blood. Unless I can get a shower, I'm probably a walking target for these bat thingies. And that would lead them straight to Sanctuary. It's probably leading them right here right now. And most likely with some cats. And maybe other things that are here that we haven't seen yet."

She tested her strength, moving slightly away from the droid. Her legs were listening to her as they should have been. Maybe this was shock, or a certin high from losing blood and then being partially healed. Which meant the clock was ticking and time was important.

"Do we know where the source is?" she asked both Srina and BX, "why they're acting like that? If I'm already a painted target, let's bait all the icky things and kill them all at once. We need a few people with Force experience, my body, and a big bottle of water. We can totally do it!"

Objective 4
Team tag: [member="Kurenai Yumi"] [member="Katrine Van-Derveld"]

Daxton could see the pup was trapped but not for long if he were to have a say in it. Reaching out to the Force, he extended his hand, palm outward, fingers fanned wide as he project a concentrated blast of solid air, cracking the barriers and clearing a path of burning debris for a few critical seconds, more than enough to allow his fellow Confederate to escape their burning touch.

Should it not be enough he was prepared to follow up with a telekinetic pull to yank her and the device to safety. Her relatively light weight wouldn’t pose a challenge for him to move.

Maple nodded as [member="Kurenai Yumi"] spoke of how to reinforce said defenses. Skip. She was trapped in a burning chamber full of insects. Skip. She was heading up the survivors from the square, directing them to the most intact corpses and then told them to pack the most open streets. She left really narrow paths open, helping haul the mass of corpses to form a decent defensive barrier around the beacon itself, but the smell was horrendous.

[member="Rex Taff"] then showed once more asking on their status. Maple was happy to update him, despite the horrible smell, and the fact Cyborg Count Dooku had dropped in in an old school imp walker and was flinging credits to anyone who would join him. Skip. Wait. He wasn't here. At least, not normally. Twenty-five percent of the time she was a jelly donut, so she didn't mind this all that much. Wait she wasn't a jelly donut, twenty-five percent of the time.

She was a creme filled donut only nineteen percent of the time. There. That made sense. The Super-Insects approved, even! All hail The Super-Insects!

It was evening, the dead animals were everywhere, and she was soaked in animal blood. She wanted a granola bar.

"Oh its a mess. I haven't had to deal with this many animal corpses since last week. Got some, Uh, this lady killed the rest whose name I haven't got. Alot of the Monestery Forces here were killed off. Oh! I'm Maple! Could you give us a hand? We're making horror-walls out of all the dead animals, but its slow going. Kinda need to create choke points in case the animals lay siege. Get a couple of sharp things to fasten on some of it, and we'll be able to get our inner warlord on!"

Kurenai Yumi

Allies: close Maple Harte

Kurenai slowly hobbled her way over to the main square, letting Maple work on the wall with the rest of the survives, a tense feeling in her muscles with each step, a lingering feeling of exhaustion in her arms and legs. Distracted and slightly delirious she failed to her Rex's word upon getting closer, content with the boy speaking to the Jedi mercenary about finally reaching the centre of the square, almost collapsing against some make shift tables and other furniture what the garrison had been using.

"You alright miss? that was some show you put on", one of the troopers replied, walking up the slouching woman, "I just need some rest is all, then I will be back into it, though I hope that was the last wave for the time being". She honestly wanted the larger mass of military forces at the capital would draw the dangerous animals away, but she was not going to get her hopes up, not without knowing what was causing these beasts to act as such. "Do you have communicator of some sorts around here? it may be possible to call in an evac and get you and your men safely out of here, that if those bat things do not return", the claws on those things looking as if they'd rip durasteel apart.

"No otherwise we would not be using a beacon, are you able to call in aid, that is why you came didn't you", she gave a small nod but at the same time quirked an eye brow. For the most part she had come more to investigate, if she knew there were people holding out from an attack would not a squad of commando also be accompanying her? "I will see what I can do, I just hope the signal reached the", switching on her com lick she opened a line up to the CIS naval fleet orbiting the planet, "This is crimson shadow, I am requesting an air evac at Leonasa as soon as possible, multiple wounded in need of extraction". "We copy CS, be advised drop ships are busy with the main evac, estimated time of arrival 20 minutes, you will have to make sure the AO is cleared of hostiles as well otherwise we will not be landing, over and out".

".... well fuck".

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Objective: 3
Allies: [member="Kurenai Yumi"], [member="Maple Harte"]
He looks at the female she seem to zone out a lot. Saying that it was a mess, and that there was a lady who's name she hadn't gotten. Geez we get some strange ones in the CIS. Then she finally introduced herself as maple. "Pleasure to meet you maple and of course I can help you with these bodies." Looking at all the corpses most missing blaster wounds or wounds of any kind. "Can I ask what did this woman do to kill these animals?"

That is when he hears a call from Kurenai over his comms for transport. "Kurenai, this is Rex, I'm on the outskirts of Leonsasa with Maple. Just a heads up, we have finished off the man who created this animals. There however was no way to save the ones who are already mutated. [member="Daxton Bane"] and [member="Katrine Van-Derveld"] are going to start hunting the mutated animals down." Then realizing what he may have to do, "Kurenai, I will work with maple to blockade the roads and create some choke points but once the transports come, I will keep you covered. Don't argue with me Kurenai I know you just killed all of these creatures let us hold our weight."

Then helping maple create all the choke points, while also defending the other people still on their feet from these animals. "Okay maple we are done here we best pull back to kurenai's position and continue to defend." But instead of actually doing that Rex jumps over one of the body piles and beings hunting some of the bats already floating around to try and give the transports a chance. Please make it, please, I'm not going to let these people die when they could survive and make it out of here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom