Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Wheel of Fortune (SSC Dominion of The Wheel Hex)

Valiens Nantaris said:
[member="Cambria Zadira"]

As Cambria and her squad set down in the pleasant woodlands there was still a noticeable aura of threat. Even the soldiers, all Force-blind, felt it. Everything was too idyllic and peaceful to last.

It was as the Jedi and her troops passed close to a gap in the trees that the threat would become worse. There, if one had the sense and eyes to see it, was a thin wire stretched between two trees and some disturbed earth nearby. A landmine.
Centares - groundside
[member="Valiens Nantaris"]/Freespace Rangers
4/25

As Knight Scindia and his squad of Freespace Rangers checked out the settlement of Fergan, the Twi'lek Guardian took hers to scour the woodland area surrounding the Centarian village for any signs of the slavers. There was a feeling of foreboding trouble brewing in the Force, but it was elusive until just before Beta squad came to a gap in the tree line.

Suddenly Cambria's danger sense spiked ten fold and her keen golden eyes picked up the very thin wire going across the gap. The Jedi Knight held up her fisted hand that the soldiers knew meant to stop at the same time she shouted out a verbal command to do so as well. But it was too late… the point person had already broke through the wire and triggered and explosive land mine to go off.

Knight Zadira threw up a Force shield to protect herself as well as the other members of Beta squad fanned out behind her, but the point person and another soldier who was forward weren't so lucky and took the brunt of the explosion, killing them. Cambria felt their lives wink out in the Force and it pained the Twi'lek to no end, but the grieving emotion she felt was quickly released so that the Jedi could move on with a clear mind. Puling out her comlink, she contacted Scindia to give her mission counterpart a sitrep after her men checked for more surprises, which there were to either side.

"Alpha Prime, this is Beta Prime… We've encountered land mines at 4.78 clicks north northeast of Fergan with two down. Watch yourselves, over."

Post 3
[member="Kei Amadis"]

She walked with him content for the first time in months, the horrid longing inside that kept telling her she wasn’t complete. All the things her parents had told her about her species that this longing was forever that for her ever since she first felt the stirrings within herself, uttering the words mine. That Kei was hers. The need to protect, the desire for more than the passionate kiss, the happiness only found in his company.

Thinking the words mine.

She looked at the rings, the symbol among his people of a union, and the words inside his heart, his soul. Mine

Did she need time, no they had already had time. This setting was perfect for her, simple and just for them. She never liked crowds and the beauty that surrounded them now was more grand than any building ever conceived.

There was no other in this galaxy that would see her vulnerable, or know her fears. Elara looked from the box back up into his eyes. Her gold flecked orbs welled up shining with tears, “YES!! Yes!, a thousand times yes. I take you for my husband, my mate, and I will be your wife from now until the end of all things. I am yours, and you are mine

She smiled and then threw her arms around him pulling him tight to her, and placing a kiss upon his lips. A kiss fueled by her emotions, her hunger, and the knowledge that there was no other for her.

1/25

In stark contrast to what he normally wore Kurayami had on simple civilian clothing, an old and weary flight jacket bearing the insignia of his old squadron, a plain black shirt, utility belt with a holster on his left hip that carried one of his MSD-32's and in one of the larger pockets hisd Jenni's old saber, a pair of olive drab pants and combat boots. Overall he looked like smuggler that was down on his luck, and that was the whole point. Raylia looked much the same and he knew it would be helpful with the contact they were meeting. His hatred of Jedi ran deep though he would never explain the circumstances. What was the guy's name again? Kurayami pulled out his datapad and looked through his messages to find the name, well turned out there wasn't a name per se... it was just 'One-eye.' That was descriptive, and admittedly Kurayami couldn't recall ever working with or for someone with that alias. Maybe the guy was an intermediary, just to make sure no Jedi popped up unwelcome.

Looking back over the message on his data pad it mentioned something about needing someone to transport Jedi and Sith artifacts discreetly due to the fact that they would be hidden amongst 'other cargo.' Well this was just ever so enlightening, now he couldn't even remember why he had accepted this. How drunk had he been? He wasn't a smuggler, a damn good pilot and Corellian but never had taken a smuggling job that had gone well. He always ended up having to dump the cargo and jet. He shrugged and made his way through the cantina that had been designated as the meeting place. 'One-eye' was not a difficult man to spot. It was clear the alias came from his single organic eye, the other being replaced by some cybernetic setup. Promising. The table he sat at was far in the back corner, likely one of the VIP tables here and there were what Kurayami assumed to be guards on either side of the man.

Kurayami didn't slow his pace as he approached the booth, his face set in a neutral expression, his eyes constantly scanning the area. He looked to be paranoid and worried about someone following him when in reality he was planning an exit strategy if this went south. He slid into the booth, positioning himself across from the grizzled man, his left hand resting on the grip of his disruptor pistol. It was basically the way smugglers said hi to one another. 'One-eye gave a slight smirk at Kurayami's appearance before turning his attention to Raylia. His gaze lingered on her for a bit longer than needed to assess the level of danger she posed. Kurayami breathed deep and exhaled slowly, it would not do to kill the man right now. Maybe later , but not now. He also took this time to answer Raylia's earlier question as he introduced himself.

"So...'One-eye' I think it was, why did you contact me? I'm a fighter pilot, not a smuggler as I made clear in the message back. If you need a shipment of Jedi artifacts moved, I'm not the guy to do so."

This brought a raucous laugh from One-eye as he turned his attention back to Kurayami.

"Simple. I know you have Jedi contacts who would pay very handsomely for these artifacts. If you think i didn't do my research on you mister '13' then you are clearly mistaken. I know of your tes to the Galactic Alliance and their allies. Beyond that even I know that you have made friends with n up and coming order of Dark Jedi. What I am offering is a 25 percent cut of profits to you for selling these artifacts to the interested parties. I had them brought here in a crate of weapons. So you misunderstood. Now from my understanding these are extremely old and valuable holocrons, thought lost to the ages many thousands of years ago. Your associate, the Rutian female, she is...knowledgeable about such things no?"

Kurayami's grip tightened on his disruptor, ready to draw at a moment's notice.

"I ask, because I see that she studied at prestigious universities and once even had access to records that may have mentioned such things. If I thought for a moment either of you schuttas were Jedi, you'd already be dead. So you get a quarter of the payout, your lady friend gets a quarter, and the rest goes to me. Fair enough?"

A slow head shake was the only response from Kurayami.

"No deal. The rate is too low since her and I take all the risk. 45 percent to her and I...each. We don't even know that they are legitimate, and if they are fakes then it's an even more serious crime than just selling things that belong in a vault already. If that is all you can offer me then I am afraid I have to refuse."

One-eye grunted, he knew his best chance of moving these clever fakes was to swindle an unknowing sucker into a deal. He motioned to the guards, and they produced multiple holocrons, a mixture of both Jedi and Sith designs. To the casual observer they would appear to be exactly as described, thousands of years old and very valuable. They were amazingly convincing counterfeits, question is would Raylia spot the difference. And if she did what was next for the two of them on this adventure?

[member="Rayliav'enci"]

Sorel Crieff

Ready are you? What know you of ready?
Post 12:

She chased sleep, but it eluded her.

Awake in the oppressive heat, she now replayed the events of the previous day, still somewhat astounded by what had happened. The Force had whispered to her, warned her. But the Force had only advised; it had neither dictated her actions nor guided her hands.

Also disturbing was the fact that when she reached out with the Force she could detect the presence of something or someone. And what she sensed was the dark side.

A less confident Padawan might have felt scared, with this knowledge heaved onto her shoulders, but Sorel, wedged into her clandestine shelter, felt as weightless as she would have in deep space.

She would endure any who challenged her. Confidence or arrogance? Once upon a time, it could only have been the latter. But with her Master’s guidance, it was now more likely to be the former.

9/25

[member="Kaileann Vera"]

“We’ve got ourselves a nice and cozy place. You understand that we can’t just be giving out information like names and the like. That’d be mighty improper, wouldn’t you say?”

Stepping forward he pointed out the hanger door. “Come along miss, time’s a-wasting. My friends are quite demanding…and though they’re happy for you to come there willingly, they’re prepared for you not to be so eager.”

The body language and general aura of his toughs showed utterly no hesitation. They would be willing to kill, maim and destroy without a flicker of conscience.

XXX

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] [member="Coci Heavenshield"] [member="Shmi Labooda"]

The High Archon looked unimpressed at Shmi and Thuion’s words, his tongue flicking in and out.
“There may have been other wars your kin were involved in, that was the last which concerned us,” Thrash said pointedly. “We do not seek out war, but we will do what is necessary to protect ourselves. If your warriors have been defeated by the Sith so much perhaps you are not good defenders to choose!”

However, his council seemed less than enthused with his words and an argument of hissing and growing broke out among the council. Finally Thrash turned back. He seemed quite unhappy.

“What are your terms? We will not allow our people to be ruled by you,” he warned. “We will fight to defend ourselves, and we will not become involved in wars beyond the stars. We also do not want more people like you taking our land.”
It all sounded rather petulant, but the lizard was concerned about his people’s future.

XXX

[member="Cambria Zadira"]

Scindia replied promptly. “Understood. We are approaching the settlement now. No sign of danger yet except. Wait…”
Suddenly, there was the sound of blaster fire through the commlink.
“I’ll get back to you!” Scindia said. The sound of his activating lightsabre came as the comm went dead.

One of the other soldiers, a Sergeant, came over to Cambria. “Your orders, Master Jedi? Press on or go and help Scindia?”

Meanwhile, on the other side of the forest, Nantaris was dropping in on Andle. The settlement was seemingly abandoned and quiet, too quiet.
From the hovering gunship, Nantaris grunted. “The place is either abandoned or a trap. Fire two ion missiles into the settlement. That’ll draw them out!” he said.

It certainly did. As soon as the crackling blue pulses had vanished all manner of armed persons spilled out of the houses, firing up at the gunship.
“Take us in for a landing and move to engage!” Nantaris ordered. This was more like it!

“Good soup, yes! Hope you have a good stay. A quick stay.”

Connor was too busy looking into the bowl, tipping out the less-then-appealing content to make out the wording at the bottom, fading away with the erosion from the heat and soup…if it WAS soup.

‘Dock 19. Gurok the Bold.’

Looking up, a puzzled notch on his brow, Connor noted the Rodian had gone. Dropping the bowl, the Jedi turned 360 slowly to see what he could and find some direction to the Dock. From where he came, a neon sign a few years back stated this was Dock 6. 13 docks out.

The Wheel only had two ways to go – forwards or backwards. Connor went forwards, quickly, but without drawing attention to himself to navigate across the establishment to find one Dock 19.

Whoever this Gurok the Bold was, he sounded like he was a leader or chief. Friend or enemy, that was another story.

Turning at the sound of a whining engine, Connor stepped back as a flat-bed speeder came by, which was perfect for a Jedi Master to latch onto the rear and take a seat as it moved far quicker than human legs could.

He kept his eyes up as he held onto the metal railing of the flat-bed trailer and counted the signs of the Docks he could see. He was only passing Dock 10. 9 more to go.

[member="Kaileann Vera"] | [member="Valiens Nantaris"]

Objective: Diplomatic Mission

The leader of the bunch did not seem impressed by their words, but his friends showed a bit more interest in at least listening to what the Jedi had to say. Thurion turned to Coci where she sat next to him, taking her by the hand beneath the table for support. It didn't take long for the High Archon to address them again, this time demanding terms for their cooperation. A good start, as it meant they were not entirely opposed to the idea.

"We are Jedi, High Archon. We do not seek to rule over anyone," he spoke. "Your government will remain in power over this world, just as it is with all worlds under our protection. We do not ask that you supply soldiers to our cause - they will be needed here in case of a Sith attack. All we ask in return is that your people share with us technology or information of strategic importance. Anything to aid in the war against the Sith." His hands now casually rested upon the table, clasped together.

"In the event of an attack, your government will work with us to minimize civilian losses and repel the enemy." He reached for the glass of water placed in front of him and took a sip. "Oh, and I trust you won't object to Coalition ships making routine patrols in your neighborhood?"

[member="Coci Heavenshield"] | [member="Shmi Labooda"] | [member="Valiens Nantaris"]

Sorel Crieff

Post 13:

Hours later, when the voices had faded and the insects' feeding frenzy had started anew, pain roused Sorel from tortured slumber. The tunic was adhered to her swollen flesh like a pressure bandage, but blood had seeped from the wound and soaked through to the robe.

Slipping silently into the night, she limped until she had suppressed the pain, then began to run, beads of perspiration evaporating from her skin and her robe unfurling behind her like a banner. Famished, she considered raiding one of the local homes but she reined in those impulses, sating herself instead on fish the waves had washed ashore. Hurrying along the black sand beach, she passed within meters of dwellings built from blocks of fossilised reef-stone, but she glimpsed only one indigene, who, on leaving his hut naked to relieve himself, reacted as if he had seen an apparition.

Or maybe it was the hilarity of the figure Sorel must have cut in robe and boots?

On the cliffs high above the beach, artificial lights glimmered, announcing the homes of the elite and the proximity of the spaceport, whose ambient glow illuminated a broad area of the southern littoral.

Rayliav'enci

If I was green, I would die.

This felt like a trap. He knew that she was learned in Jedi history and where she had studied, but believed or at least said that he didn't think they were Jedi. It seemed a rather large discrepancy, from her point of view. It had never been a secret that her scholarly career had been tied to the Jedi Order. The professor and the master were one in the same.

Plus, how did he know who they were?

The scowl deepened as she looked from One-Eye's face the holocrons set on the table. She reached down and picked one up, a supposed Jedi one. The workmanship seemed right, the aging seemed authentic but there was something off about it. For one, it felt inert to her. They all did. It wasn't an immediate sign that they were fakes, even real holocron broke or exhausted the power that created them. They were not all timeless creations.

However, when she set it down and picked up a Sith one, she spotted a flaw. Ancient Sith runes were hard to understand and many teachings about the language of the Sith had been lost to time, and slipped from the attention of the galaxy. So those who wanted to cash in on the mystique of the fallen darksiders resorted to copying runes found in some places without knowing the context of the carvings. The Sith holocron in her hand was definitely a fake, judging by the runes carved into the metal down the sides. To the unknowing observer, they looked otherworldly and evil. To Raylia, it said "THE TOMB OF MARKA RAGNOS"

She tossed it heavily back on the table and shook her head at Kurayami, her hand next to her blaster. This was going to go south fast.

[member="Kurayami Bloodborn"]

Sorel Crieff

Post 14:

Her destination close at hand, each incoming ocean wave reverberated inside her, summoning an unprecedented tide of energy. The knotted tendrils of time loosened and she had a glimpse into Bal'demnic's fate. It may have been the past or perhaps the future. Or of course…both. Embroiled in a multi-fronted war, a galactic war, in part because of its rich deposits of cortosis, but more as a pawn in a convoluted game, the subservient Kon'me turned against those who had mastered them for eons...

Lost in the vision, Sorel almost failed to notice that a massive breakwater now followed the curve of the beach. Stone jetties jutted into a broad, calm bay, and behind the wall a city climbed into a surround of deforested foothills. Kon'me of both classes were about, but interspersed among them were off-worlders of many species, most from neighbouring star systems but some from as distant as the Core.

The spaceport formed the city's southernmost outskirts, made up of clusters of modular buildings, prefabricated warehouses and hangars, illuminated landing areas for cargo and passenger ships. To a being unfamiliar with isolated worlds, a tour through the spaceport would have seemed closer to time travel, and Sorel felt at slightly ill at ease among the cubicle hotels, dimly lighted tapcafs, and squalid cantinas, where entertainment was costly and life was cheap. Raising the cowl of the robe over her head, she kept to the shadows, her height alone enough to draw attention.

With security lax, she was able to circulate among the grounded vessels without difficulty. She ignored the smaller, intersystem ships in favour of long-haul freighters, and even then only those that appeared to be in good condition.

Private Alcove.
9/25
[member="Elara Wahia"]

Kei’s breathing had stopped while she decided, he didn’t know until she said it, and had thrown her arms around him. Kissing her back deeply and lovingly, that kiss was different, the first to his wife to be, her mate.

Carefully he placed the ring on her finger, and then gave her his to do the same. Amadis scooped her up and breathed a large exhale, kissed, pulled her to him, and turned her around in his arms. Kissing, kissing and then kissing her, just before he shouted out an exclamation of delight, and rested her back on the ground, putting his forehead against hers, almost out of breath.

That was the single most intense moment of his life.

“Never felt so sure about anything than I do about you.” He breathed deeply a couple of times, feeling his body relieved, “we set the date when you want it.” Kei said inches from her, resting the back of his hand hand on her cheek, the other holding her to him.

After that he couldn’t take his eyes off her, could have been anywhere, doing anything, and she’d be all he’d see. He had no intention of moving any time soon. "What ceremonies do your people have," because it was important that this was their day, equally, Epicanthix had a few interesting ones themselves.

[member="Elara Wahia"]​
OOC:
Shall we spin this off into their own thread or continue here helping? I'll take your cue on that

2/25

Kurayami remained silent as Raylia inspected the holocrons. It was clear that She was not impressed simply by her scowl, but also there was a sense of unease around One-Eye and his guards. If they were what they claimed to be and were confident of the authenticity of the wares, what did they have to be nervous about? Something was not right leading Kurayami to slowly slide the pistol from its holster, after which he slowly undid the catch on his utility belt pocket that held Jenni's old saber. His face showed no change in appearance as he made his preparations.

Raylia's reaction to the first holocron she studied seemed to be more positive, that one may have looked fine to her and could possibly have been alright, but the Sith holocron. That was when she showed her distaste for the assortment of 'new finds.' Just the way she dropped it back on the table and shook her head told Kurayami all he needed to know. Fakes. Kurayami shook his head at the man across from them.

"My associate's actions speak far louder than any words. You are trying to pull a quick one on us. Every single one of these, is a fake. There isn't a real holocron in that group is there?"

The change in One-Eye was immediate. He went from confident taunting and a position of being in control to outright anger and disbelief.

"You would accuse me, a simple business man of trying to swindle you? You believe truly that I would deal in fake merchandise? I know these are real as I had a reliable source check them. If you can't see that then you are fools and wasting both my time and money. Do you know how much a soundproofed booth costs here? No one will hear if I decide to kill you, they would just find two bodies riddled with cauterized blaster wounds. Not too uncommon in the levels of the Wheel you find yourselves on, just an unfortunate spacer who wasn't lucky enough to get out alive because he angered the wrong person. Here is the final offer. You take and sell these 15 percent for you and the Twi'lek, or you don't leave here alive. The decision is yours now. Choose wisely."

The threats brought only a raised eyebrow from Kurayami as he looked to Raylia and shrugged.

"I'll leave this one up to you dear. Do they die or do we sell the fake holocrons and risk severe punishment? I'll go with whatever you decide."

The question was more to maintain appearances, he knew that both of them would have decided the same thing in this case, he'd be a gentlemen and let her kill the lecherous bastard who had ogled her earlier. Then maybe they could grab a bite to eat and figure out something else to do while they were here, he knew there were other SSC members around, maybe they could manage to help with a different objective once this mess was cleaned up.

[member="Rayliav'enci"]

Beside: [member="Matsu Ike"]
Mission: Assist in Design of the habitat.
10/25

Extremely keyed to body language, very small shifts in someone’s attention or focus, speaking volumes himself when he made the same gestures. Matsu was a Master at subtlety, one of the reasons he admired her and they got on so well, she considered all her actions. The padawan only noticed the smallest of things when she uttered those final two words, and his minor shift in body language further inward showed the curiosity he had for her curiosity.

“Interesting Master?” Thinking she’d uncovered something he couldn't see, their engineering talk was fascinating but slightly above his understanding, so he was quietly learning as they went. There was however lingering subconscious tension about being discovered, because he knew about his crewmate Fyor. You’d only know it if you knew the slight raise of his heel, his tell, that he was not grounded or unsettled somewhat.

Fyor was debating technical schematics, as intense as you’d ever see him. Bringing up a holorecording of appropriate droids for the task, inputting them into small onboard computer and breathtaking speeds. “With your studious permission Master, I am certain we can enhance your containment and habitat capabilities if our experimental droids act as individual backup generators for the environment itself. That way we can test the external environment first, and then keep it stable internally, as well as through external controls, a redundancy should you require it.” Fyor slid over his onboard datascreen to Matsu to let her check his findings.

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
19/25
New Holstice Construction
[member="Taiden Keth"] [member="Elara Wahia"] [member="Kei Amadis"]

She was looking at him and sensed something from the others while she was moving around seeing what they were building. Full of the attention they were giving to the sections of it. "Show me these droids, every bit helps with the construction and we will be able to do a lot more with the final plans." She was looking at it as the cradle the structure was being kept in went up, allowing it the massive and moving it into the sky to tower over most of the things around them. From here she could see it as the station slowly ascended heading over to look at the monument on the screen and how it was dwarfed with her hands behind her back. "I would very much like to see them and welcome to what we have developed, the largest multi purpose stations, drydock, hospital and residential area with temple in the cityscape. We'll be able to house and feed tens of thousands of people while providing people with everything they need as we construct it in our stations. The drives to move the station will also allow it to if need be settle on a planet should damage happen for repairs and then it can head back up. We developed these cradles for that and." She trailed off pointing across the landscape to the massive saratai factory that was supplying them with what they needed.

20/25
New Holstice construction

The Saratai's work was done, it had worked and set up the supplies as she could see it in the distance. Standing there on the roof of the new hospital they had constructed the jedi knight was ready with some of the things and the massive cradle it was in started retracting as she was going across the last docking tube towards the massive back of it. Leading the way towards the bridge to look over from it with the droids and the AI's avatar bodies. "Take us up when you are ready, we shall work with the stations from the colonization efforts and observe the final phases of the Phenex as it rises. The hospital will need stocking once it is done and we will be able to work with some of the others." The massive factory ship was heading up with its docks retracting as the cradle pushed them up at first and then it was rising from the ground.

Objective: Diplomatic talks and ...

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Shmi Labooda"] | [member="Valiens Nantaris"]

(5)

She sat listening to the talks, the words of Thurion and Shmi true enough but seemed to do little to the mind of the King, although his advisors seemed more willing to listen and consider the facts of truth. Coci, held his hand and squeezed it gently for support and to hold her own temper. Not that she was about to say anything to upset the talks even though she did so in her head, quite frankly the King was an idiot in her mind and needed to be told so. And here is the very reason Coci is not a diplomat, she simply is too blunt in situations like this, and so she sits festering while biting her lip to remain quiet.

Deep below them, a group of five men and woman moved from support column to support column placing bombs and priming them, they are armed and dangerous and here to take hostages for ransom. The leader, a tall male man, listens to the talks hiding under the senate disk platforms, with a smile on his face. The possibility of a greater ransom was now presented to him in the form of not one, or two, but three Jedi of the highest rank. He stood considering what might be payed for their heads, either from the Sith or their own factions. It did not matter to him, he would simply hand them over to whoever paid the most.

Once the devices are ready and primed he made his move, directing his people into position and step forward, with a slow hand clap. "You almost convinced me, Jedi Masters with such words of truth".

The soft lighting in the senate room, vanished replaced with the harshness of bright light and to reveal the situation. Holding up the detonator for all to see, "You are all now my hostages, on each column in the room there is a bomb primed to go off with a push of this button. Here are my terms, I want five hundred million credits deposited into my account and the three Jedi.. if this is not accepted within the hour, you will all die".

Well now they are in a pickle!

Objective: Centares (Fleeting)
Allies: @
Valiens Nantaris
Enemies: [member="sabrina"] (?)
1/25

Far from the action of the main Silver fleet, a squadron of Republic warships dropped out of hyperspace at their staging area. At the center of the formation was the heavy carrier Sōryū, flanked on either side by the pocket carriers Hōshō and Ryūjō. Forward and below the trio of carriers was the Fubuki, a corvette designated for electronic warfare. Flights of Stilletos and droid fighters formed the spherical boundary around the ships, acting as the first line of defense against enemy incursions into their space. Leading the squadron was a Kiribian commander who subscribed to the doctrine of using rotating fighters escorts for every jump instead of waiting to deploy them at the final destination. The commander of the Silver fleet was hailed over an encrypted hyperwave line to make him aware of their progress.

One more jump would take the squadron into the fray, but the formation remained incomplete. Inside the hangar of the Sōryū, Arisa awaited the arrival of [member="Knight"] to the staging area to deliver a stealth craft she sorely needed. The Republic already possessed some stealth vehicles, but the Jedi had a better chance of witnessing a
Solocron prancing past her view port than ever getting her hands on one of those ships. All that poking around for an alternative had reaped a huge reward in the form of the Nirvana. In her initial review of its specs, she had been blown away by its performance, better than just about every comparable starship in the Republic Navy arsenal, if Kiribian intelligence was to be believed.

Inside the open cockpit
of the interceptor, she toyed with a virtual synth program on her datapad. A form of active meditation for the senior Padawan, it kept her mind focused on the present when several run throughs of her pre-flight checklist weren't doing the trick anymore. Every now and then, she felt cones of attention on her as curious crewmen and pilots studied her and the J-1. She imagined few of them had ever seen a Jedi in the flesh, much less one of their exclusive interceptors. The introvert didn't care all that much for all the attention on her now, but she would soon leave that all behind after take-off.

21/25
[member="Arisa Yune"]

The music played from within the CIC of the ship as it was going, one of the only ships in the galaxy that actually had built in Gree technology The Nirvana was not a combat craft as many had wanted. The slick polish exterior was almost a mirror of silver, the engines bulky but functional and the hyperdrive small, compacted and one of the fastest in the galaxy. Easily able to out preform for its size the other ships. That was why while she continued to work with the systems the sounds resonated with the crew and it was rather soothing once you got into it. System flashed across the screen as the computer made faster and smoother calculations to get to their location near the wheel.

Then the shi'ido was looking up and saw the station on the screens for them. "Bring us about, all crews prepare for system shift." There were confirmations as they came out of hyperspace less like a punch and more as a cascade almost rising out of the dimension letting the engines shift a little. Turning into slight curves while the spoiler like sections popped out. Knight remained where she was as the display of the system came up and she could see the fleet in the distance with a small look in her eyes sitting down in the command chair. Her console moving away and the shifting sound of her hands before they identified where they were going and set the course.

The Nirvana was moving like a white and silver point forward to the Republic fleet when she brought up the screen from her arm. "Fleet commander this is Jedi Knight Knight." Oh yes that always made people look at her while she had some of the attention moving it to close the distance with the engines letting them sail through the space at speeds most starfighters didn't always reach. The overdrive coming as it smashed forward with the overdrives while they were coming about to move alongside and dock with the fleet ships to give a tour. Some people wanted a stealth ship and this used most of the systems you needed save the nightsahdow or reflec for the hull.

Post 4/25
[member="Kei Amadis"]

She watched him slide the ring onto her finger, a symbol of unity and ever ending circle like the love she felt for him never ending. She picked his up so carefully then slid it down his finger, a matched set. She laughed as she laid there as close to him as she could get she reached for his hand placing it over her heart, her heart was his. She did not want to be separated not at this moment where all of her world now lived in the form of Kei. She reached up brushing the few stray strands away. "When I am near you all my mind says is MINE, you have been MINE for a time Kei and I've been frightened of it. My parents tell stories that say we mate for life we know the ONE, that is our other half recognized from the day of birth. I was scared that I was wrong"

Her people were isolationists, wanderers well except for those in her clan who recognized need, so what was a ceremony.

She sighed, "Oh yes that, well I get a club hit you over the head, drag you off to my cave, ravage you until you are unable to escape" She said it all with a straight face, and then as she let the words sink in she winked at him.

"The words we've spoken are enough as far as my people are concerned now that we have claimed one another, we need only consumate the relationship and we are married. But how is it for your people, if there are customs we must perform then let us set this date and perform them."

She laughed again, "So you tell me what date, and what we must do"

Sorel Crieff

Post 15:

After an hour of searching she found one to her liking. The freighter had to be half a century old, but it had been well maintained and retrofitted with modern sensor suites and subspace drives — which meant the owner would understand ship repairs and knew where to lay his hands on parts. And given her own ship was old, this was invaluable.

That it bore no legend suggested that the ship's captain wasn't interested in having the ship make a name for itself. Longer than it was wide, it had a narrow fantail, an undermount cockpit, and broad cargo bay doors, which permitted it to take on large freight. With the registry number stored in her memory, Sorel angled her way to the spaceport authority building. At that time of night the dilapidated structure was all but deserted, save for two thick-necked Kon'me guards who were sleeping on duty.

Loosening her robe to provide ready access to her lightsabers, Sorel eased past them and disappeared through the main doors. Faint light from unoccupied offices spilled into the dark hallways. On the second floor she found the registrar's office, which overlooked the largest of the landing zones and the silent bay beyond.

A comp that had been an antique twenty years earlier sat atop a desk in a smaller private office. A short while later she had sliced into the spaceport control network. A search for the freighter revealed that it did indeed go by a name - the Wayward Star - out of Corellia, which showed how often the data was updated.

Scheduled to launch the following morning, the ship with her crew of eight, including one droid, was bound for several worlds in the Auril sector, carrying cargos of fresh sea life. According to the manifest, the cargo had already cleared customs and was housed in a refrigerated hangar awaiting transfer to the ship. She’d have to move fast.

Sorel called up an image of the freighter's captain, whose name was given as Hussell. Opening herself fully to the Force, she studied the image for a long moment; then, exhaling slowly, she stood and erased all evidence of her technological intrusions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom