Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion The Terrible Glare Fixates On You - TSE Dominion of PL-40112-CE-021105

9koeDDc.png

The Dark Side permeates the galaxy, a pallor of horror cascading down upon the stars like a thick miasma. From the shadowy realms beyond perception, nameless horrors, and formless terrors, have been drawn to the darkness spreading across the galaxy like moths to a flame. They whisper in voices too terrible to comprehend, urging those susceptible to their wiles to commit vile acts in their name. By the hands of these puppet masters, the weak-minded have been drawn to a world on the edge of sight and sanity.
Much like their masters, the world these cultists converged on was nameless. In the uninhabited wastes they unearthed ancient temples dedicated to these dark elder gods from beyond time and space, and compelled by the vile whispers in their minds they learned how to manipulate phantom energy to power the eldritch architecture.
But their efforts have not gone unnoticed, for the Sith have caught onto this madness that had been spreading throughout its ranks. They have tracked the infected to this nameless world, and with the Sith Emperor at their side, they have vowed to destroy the cultists and sever the link between the material universe and what lay behind the veil.

Objective I: Destroy the Order of the Terrible Glare
There can be no saving those taken under the dark influence of the elder gods, only a quick end. Destroy any and all cultists you find, and dismantle their portal before they can usher in their fiendish masters.

Objectives II: Capture Specimens
Even though the Order of the Terrible Glare had yet to fully summon their masters into our universe, their
servants had managed to bridge the gap between dimensions. Known as the Rozzum, these cephalopod monstrosities are of great interest to the Emperor’s scientists. Capture as many as you can intact, alive or dead.

Objective III: BYOO

Equipment:
Armor | Blaster Rifle | Thermal Detonator x3 | Thermal Imploder x1

The rattling and rumbling of the multi-climate transport only added to the commotion the legionnaires inside were already creating. The sounds of battle plans being formulated and passed throughout the comms, weapons being checked and readied at the last second, HUDs being calibrated, and the numerous Officers of the legion speaking among themselves all kept the inside anything but quiet. Then, it all stopped. The light near the door inside of the transport turned from blue to red, signifying that they were now in the mysterious planet's atmosphere.

Turning from his situated place standing next to the door, he faced the small group of Legionnaires that fell under him in the chain of command. The Mirialan Staff Sergeant lived for moments like this. Years in the academies for efficient leadership prepared him for chaos.

::Listen up.:: he said through the modified vo-coder.

::We all know our mission here. Primary objective. Destroy whatever this order is. Leave nothing behind. Cultists are Kill On Sight. Whatever portal was in the mission brief is to be destroyed once located. Do not interfere with objective two. The Emperor's scientists... have their reasons.:: he added, a countdown beeping on top of the sliding door behind him. Then, the light turned green and the door slid open.

::Green light. Let's handle business.:: he finished, ushering all of the personnel underneath him out of the transport, raising his rifle and crouching down as he established a perimeter. Soon, once the equipment and men were unloaded, he raised his comms device and spoke into it to whoever was appointed above him in the chain of command.

::This is Legionnaire Staff Sergeant Kade Seyta, ID MRL-12-1671. My squad and I have touched down on the planet's surface and are awaiting the green light to proceed with our objective. If any updates trickle down from the chain of command, let us know.:: he concluded, standing and gathering his squad as he waited for a response.

Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex | Other tags open |

Lark

Saint of the Damned
Objective Two: Capture Specimens
Allies Nearby: None Yet

This world and I are alike in more ways than one. Both nameless and aberrant. The primeval demons that haunt this cursed locus are the same ones that plague my mind, perhaps I might learn from the mistakes of the senseless cultists and the inter-dimensional aliens stranded here. Fate did not dictate my arrival here, but this nameless rock required my presence. These cultists serve as a warning of what fate might befall me should my inquires into the unknown grow too fervent and careless. I will not lose myself as they have.

Horrid wisps of unnatural meaning tried to burrow into his mind like a parasite, and Lark rebuffed the efforts of those eldritch beings who attempted to bend his will to their own. Their whispers were familiar to him, almost mimicking the voices that seeped from his Necronomicon. A tome that summoned creatures as dark as his enemies were bizarre. The Rozzum poured from the incongruous architecture, buildings that Lark would love to study once he had finished collecting mob upon mob of the Rozzum.

As the various eldritch forms of the Rozzum charged closer to their invaders, a sinister horde of Sithspawn emerged from behind Lark to engage them. Maelridae and Warghests, Svariffs and Wyverns. A battle between monsters, with Lark at the head. Kill only those that you must, weaken and restrain the rest. The research potential these creatures hold is too great to let slip by.

Your timeworn truths do not frighten me,
Lark thought, speaking to whatever force dared seek entrance into his mind. Your temples, your worshipers. All will be turned to dust under the might of the Sith.

No, these beings did not frighten him. They were only a momentary distraction for Lark, temporarily diverting him from what he truly did fear.

Objective: Destroy the Order of the Terrible Glare

There was a terrible cacophony of noise and sensations radiating from the surface of the planet, akin to that of a roaring volcano, invading the body and mind of the Wolf of Noxis in rapid fashion once the ship had disembarked from Hyperspace. These feelings were very much soaked in the Dark Side, but of a different kind, a horrific incomprehensible kind originating from the veil beyond perception. While Lorale was very much used to this due to his experiences with the Heart of Noxis, these particular feelings filled him with angst and almost a form of pain.

Lorale had immediately winced at this conglomeration, his spine straightening and his skin forming goosebumps as the sounds of chaos ran through his ears. Once he had contained himself, a process that took roughly two minutes, the Wolf rubbed the inner corners of his eyes in irritation and uttered a low grunt before turning to his second, Admiral Lore.

"I am going to get ready. Prepare a shuttle for me. Once I make landfall, keep the ship in orbit and have all fighters on standby," Lorale uttered through gritted teeth, his pointed canines nearly piercing the flesh of his bottom lip. "I want constant surveillance on the surface of the planet. Do not let anyone leave without my or another Sith's hearsay. Understood?"

"Yes, Lord Farmar," the Admiral saluted stiffly.

The Wolf nodded curtly in response and departed for his impressively spartan quarters wherein he swiftly gathered his arms and armor he intended to use to their full potential. The Wolfblade, Bittersweet, and his newly acquired set of Typhon Dlukav, the Creator-God. It was a beastly and monstrous thing, intolerably heavy and fashioned to resemble an onyx-gold bipedal wolf with segments of bleached fur and leather joints intended to aid the wearer's mobility. It had taken many months to locate each piece of the set, with the helm, which had been crafted to bare its golden teeth and bloody tongue, having taken the longest. Regardless, the result was worth the considerable effort as the completed set granted Lorale the power of a Warrior-King.

Power he would be remiss to not utilize to its fullest extent in the fight against the fiends that seek to invade the Galaxy. Power that would eradicate the fools that followed them.

Allies: Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex BobertEZ BobertEZ Kade Seyta Kade Seyta

One would have expected that the Lady of Secrets to be on the forefront of gathering specimens of the creatures slipping through onto this relatively unknown planetoid, but in this instance, Taeli had firm control over her curiosity. When it came to piercing the veil into other dimensions, realities, however one wanted to call what was beyond the barrier of space and time, she had become... rather cautious.

Asation, overrun as it still was by the brood of the Lotek'k, had been quarantined at the order of the Emperor and the Shadow Hand. She was one of the few that knew research had continued into the Lotek'k and its creatures, but she had kept her distance from the experiments being overseen by Prazutis. Something about the situation had her on edge, but she couldn't exactly place her finger on what. It was just a general sense that something worse than the Sith and the dark side was slowly growing.

So when she had heard reports that a cult was trying to pierce the veil in another part of the galaxy to the other side, she had immediately joined the expeditionary force to wipe them out. The Sith spells on Asation were one thing, but no one could say from the intelligence that these cultists would have the same precautions or control over anything released.

"We would do well just to reduce this planetoid to dust from orbit, my Lord," she muttered to the Emperor. "It would be no major loss"

They certainly had the firepower within the Sith-Imperial Fleet to carry out such destruction.

The Emperor's shuttle sung through the air at an almost leisurely pace, the Empire's forward reconnaissance parties having discovered that the cultists hadn't even set up any defensive perimeters around the temple they nested in. No anti-air guns sounded when the Sith first arrived, and none had sounded even as more forces were disembarked on the planet's surface. The Emperor doubted that the cultists were cognizant enough to draw the Sith into a trap, it was more than likely that their dark masters desired the gate be opened than for their followers to defend themselves.
Their haste would be their undoing.
Carnifex turned away from checking their proximity to the landing zone, raising an amused eyebrow at the Lady of the Secrets as she muttered her recommendation. "Lost your taste for the interdimensional after Asation, Taeli? You surprise me." It had been by their hands that the spellwork on the Gree world of Asation had summoned forth a tide of death that still plagued the world to this very day. Taeli might have viewed the experiment as a disaster, but Carnifex and Prazutis saw the potential it embodied. That was why Prazutis had been placed in charge of continuing the experiments instead of Taeli, her talents were instead utilized elsewhere.
"Imagine what we still have yet to learn..." The indication light in the hold changed color to alert them that they were nearing the landing zone.

Fiolette Fortan

F
She hated this, she hated it on Astation and she hated it now. She knew why there were cultists and why they were out here. It still didn't mean she was okay with it, not by any means but Fiolette's professionalism meant she could only express her displeasure through her feelings and the bond that she shared with her wife. Once more Fiolette was dressed in armor, Fio's usually reigned in Galidraani accent came out thicker than usual. "I'd like to point out that Astation still gives me nightmares." Her words were low, soft meant for the ears of her wife only.
Fiolette could have opted to stay aboard her new ship, the Rae Sloane. She could have opted to stay and lurk, to watch - but the moment word of this sort of activity hit her. There was no way she was about to let her wife go down there alone, not to say that Taeli could not handle herself. Fiolette knew better, her wife was quite capable in fact. So capable that she may just get in over her head. She checked her armor again and adjusted her weapons, besides. It would do the Lord Admiral good to get the ground experience and appreciate the luxury of space.
Unusual for a member of the Armada to be on the ground, perhaps - but then Fiolette could point out the shipboard tactical officers and crew members who did depart to the ground. Although today she thought that delegating that task would've been better. Still, all in all, the Emperor was right this sort of activity was typically right in Taeli's field of interest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Objective II: Capture Specimens
Allies: Lark Lark
Post Number I
---

The utterly alien architecture made his head hurt - were they principally opposed to straight lines, or just determined to reject his reality and its rules? Closing his eyes and taking a deep breath, he solidified his mental barrier, smiling softly as the gleaming forms of his Iron Angels.

Too brainwashed to succumb to alien influences. His own genius never ceased to amaze him.

Electrostaves crackling they leapt into action with impeccable precision, aiding the other Sith's monsters in battering down and capturing the eldritch aliens which they had come to hunt. Speaking of which...

"Why hello, Lark." Smiling casually from behind the faceplate of his sleek hazard suit, Adrian moved to join the Acolyte, keeping an open eye for stragglers, even as a pair of his Duraplast-armoured giants - these ones bearing massive vibroswords - kept watch over him. "We do seem to meet in interesting places."

OBJECTIVE: Cleanse the Cultists, Close the Portal.
TAGS: Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex Fiolette Raaf Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf Kade Seyta Kade Seyta BobertEZ BobertEZ

Cultists who desired to serve an Elder God. Beings that were from a different dimension and were not bound by the laws of space and time. Beings that were spoken of as all fearing. This "veil they spoke of was being opened. Allowed to be breached for the pure curiosity of their minds. Unable to fathom what it is. Worshiping a being that knows not of your own world, cares little if at all, for anything within it. A mere snap and it would be all gone. Tall tales from people who have little to do other than stare into the sky with reckless abandon.

A fixing my hair, I prepared myself. Reaching to the demolitions crate where upon my helm sat. Blackened metal and armor. Modified Trooper gear so that it could work with my body and my fighting style. Aggressive, and stalwart. Where upon a quick pull with the force for the sabers I owned to smack securely into my hands. Other troopers were preparing ships, vessels, and weapons for the purge of these imbeciles. Yearning for naught.

The Emperor wanted the wiped out. Prevention of these false gods and beings from entering our space. So it would be. A quick tightening of the straps for my gauntlets before I made haste to the Dropships. The Scouts had delivered information that there was little to no kind of defense measure in place. If they looked to the stars so often, one would think they would prepare for an attack from them.

Stepping up into the vessel, I grabbed a hold of the hand rail. Stabilizing myself as the last few men also made their way. Lights coming on that landing was inevitable, A small smile crept underneath the faceplate of the helmet.

"Another day at work."

Objective II - Capture Specimens

The clanking of glass containers could be heard throughout the transport as it descended onto the wasteland of a planet. A squad of troopers lead by agent Kimora Min were also onboard. Her assignment was a typical one for a SIFIA agent: gather intel on an alien species and retrieve specimens for experiments.

Once the transport reached land, Kimora walked off and began surveying the immediate area while the troopers began offloading the containers. They were rather light but sealed tightly to ensure that whatever may be placed inside never be able to escape.

"We will need to capture at least 4 of these creatures. If possible, grab as many as you can. Stay frosty. The rozzum are unlike anything in this galaxy. They will invade your bodies and turn your senses against you. Do not underestimate them. I will not hesitate to kill any of you should you fall prey to one of them."

Allies: Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex Fiolette Raaf BobertEZ BobertEZ Darren Shaw Darren Shaw Kade Seyta Kade Seyta

"Asation was one thing, my Lord," she responded quietly, making sure her armor was tightened and her lightsabers were ready to carve their enemies into pieces. "I was more intrigued on the ritual reconstruction and execution. I don't particularly trust any knowledge that may come from a being or beings that have unfathomable ulterior motives."

Through their bond, she could sense Fiolette's displeasure, hate, and otherwise ill feelings towards Asation and what was occurring on this world. She sent a small reassurance through the bond to her that they were in agreement, even if normally her wife and the Emperor would be right about her curiosity and interests.

"There's something about these creatures on the other side, something that just does not sit well with me," she added, noting the light changing and the ship coming into their LZ. "Even enslaved, they do not have the interests of the Sith or the dark side in mind."

"It is true that they do not, but there is much we can learn."
Unlike some other Sith, the Emperor did not consider himself above the point of learning. The Force was infinite; infinite possibilities, infinite avenues through which to understand the great mystery. No one could possibly hope to learn all that there was to know in a single lifetime, or even in a hundred lifetimes.
Though he was master of unfathomable thousands, he was still a student of the Dark Side of the Force.
A shudder reverberated through the shuttle's hull, and the light changed again to a bright green to indicate that they had landed. With a hiss of hydraulic steam the disembarkation ramp swung down to clatter against the ground, and the Emperor was the first to jog out into the mist and darkness. His scarlet blade illuminated the gloom, joined by the dozen of other Sith who followed him as well as the glow-lamps of the legionnaires that also fought at their side. The Force was strong the closer they came to the rocky temple that jutted out from the mountainside like an obscene growth, but it wasn't of the Dark or the Light, not in the traditional sense that they had come to understand.
It was something different, otherworldly, eldritch.
"Regardless," spoke the Emperor after a time, "You are right, we are not here to repeat the fumbling of Asation. We are here to destroy and study what remains."

Gunnr finished her drink and focused on the empty can, feeling its’ infinitesimal weight, the sound of it crinkling as she pressed her thumb against the side. The fizz of the beverage still tickled the roof of her mouth, as she swallowed and tried to hide a smirk by leaning closer to her husband for a brief second. Just one.

The can crushed in her hand, a concentrated moment of telekinesis rendering it no more than a crackled disc.

Funny how so much seemed new… the other women talked on, a conversational hum that comforted her, even with such word as Asation. One which made Uncle Braxus buzz… and although Gunnr oft wondered how many wives Darth Prazutis thought expendable, seeing his nigh excitement was… frightening and a minor relief.

‘’So much to learn…” Synching her gauntlets in place, Gunnr flexed her fingers, unused to the texture inside the armour. The way it pressed against her back and chafed a little at the neck. While trained in survival and combat on Panatha her entire life, Gunnr flexed and rolled her shoulder. Something about the helmet… she licked plump lips and stood behind the others, keeping her place behind her mammoth Emperor-Spouse. At nigh his height, the battle-matron felt for the lightsaber attached to her belt and with one last check to the two-hander vibro-ax on her back, she felt as ready as the situation called for.

Her lightsaber buzzed to life, as she finally set the helmet on her head and let the HUD boot up.

‘Forward then, my love.’ Gunnr let the thought pass to Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex , maintaining enough distance from his side to swing either of her weapons in a wide arc should she have need. Destruction would do them all some good.

Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf Fiolette Raaf

Fiolette Fortan

F
"Nothing a blaster at your side can't fix." Or one massive slug thrower. Fiolette stood side by side with her wife as the shuttle approached the LZ. She secured her helmet and once more looked her guns over and felt the equipment on her belt. Grenades, thermals, and anything else that could make something blow up. Even if she hated fighting these things, Fiolette did enjoy the rush, the adrenaline of heading out into a big fight like this. Although she was still certain this would probably give her nightmares. The Lord Admiral ignored the other woman, another of the Emperor's pets she suspected but held her tongue.
Fio tapped against the shuttle's walls to let the pilot know she was ready for departure. A flex of her shoulders to check the jetpack on the suit, "either this work or it doesn't, either way, I've got a backup." There it was the arrogant, cocky Galidraani nature as she squared up to the doors waiting for them to slide open. Whatever suited for atmosphere rushed alongside the craft. Fiolette needn't say what she felt but as the doors finally opened to reveal the landscape before them. Legionnaires surrounded them the glow of the Sith's lightsabers only reminded her of her place. It was on days like these that she really, really missed the First Order.
"Black Talons reporting," Tarkin remarked and indicated their troops were ready to roll. "We can move this way and let the Emperor and his troops move that way." It wasn't so much a suggestion, rather as an order as the Lord Admiral along with her legionnaires headed away from the party at hand.

OBJECTIVE: Cleanse the Cultists, Close the Portal.
TAGS: Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex Fiolette Raaf Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf Kade Seyta Kade Seyta BobertEZ BobertEZ Gunnr Zambrano Gunnr Zambrano

Ships bringing us down to the planet. While unnamed it may be, it was fairly unimpressive. Anything that could designate it differently than other planets were far from here. Even if the reason of this place was just for the Cult some Terrible Glare or what have you. Stepping down off of the transport, The various forces of the Black Talons, as well as the Emperors on personal forces were performing a joint operation. I could hear the Admiral Raaf speak of such movements that were required to be performed of the troops.

Reaching to my side, I pulled upon my saber. Holding it with a fist in my hand. Prepared to thumb the switch to send forth a blade of plasma. Yet there were none to fight. None to stand in the path of the Emperor and his Legion.

Silence was all I had for me.

Those who spoke of the cults, those who spoke to one another had a clear connection to one another. Speaking of another time in which they had worked together. Surely their information would prove useful for this encounter. Was it of the same cult? Or was it just that another one of these beings were attempting to perform the same action? I could only assume the Dark Lord wished to learn more of this himself.

Hence why his boots were now dirty.

Lark

Saint of the Damned
The surface of the nameless planet played host to a battle of monsters, inter-dimensional aliens and creatures from the hellish depths of Chaos intertwined in a battle almost unlike any the galaxy had ever seen. But conquest and slaughter were not among Lark's goals, in an odd turn of fate he sought to preserve more than he destroyed. The annihilation of some of the Rozzum was inevitable, not every carcass could be salvaged. But as his Sithspawn wounded and restrained a number of the incomprehensible creatures, specially trained units would advance to permanently contain the Rozzum. It took a high degree of mental fortitude to withstand the unending onslaught of eldritch imagery on display across the battlefield, those chosen to be apart of the collection were here for a reason.

A familiar voice came from his side, that of AMCO AMCO , a fellow Sith who Lark had recently dueled in a large-scale tournament. The fight wasn't a traditional one, the two relied more on trickery, deception, and cheating to best the other. Even the most slimy of Sith might have grimaced at what they were willing to do in order to achieve victory. But there was a mutual respect between the two, at least as far as Lark could tell. An understanding that the actions they committed in the duel were nothing personal, and only carried out to further their own goals. Now that they were firmly on the same side, their actual cooperation could be tested.

But the trash talk might continue. At least a little.

"Good to see you again, Adrian. This certainly isn't the arena I thought I'd next meet you in, but in all honesty I'm glad you're here. These Rozzum are hideous creatures, and I had been curious about your heritage. You seem to know hints of mine, so it'll be nice to learn more about the impish beings that spawned you."

The comment was clearly made in jest, and Lark followed the quip with a compliment. "Your angels are impressive. Let us see what we can learn from these hellions, shall we?"

Adrian's Angels and Lark's Svarrif, two winged creatures that could devastate enemy lines. Dark wings heralded the arrival of beings more appalling than even the Rozzum. The alien symmetries and unfathomable patterns meant naught to Lark and Adrian. For their goal was understanding, and they would risk it all to achieve it.

Karina Lowe Legacy

K
Objective: OBJ-II, capture Rozzum specimens.
Nearby: Kimora Min Kimora Min , Lark Lark & AMCO AMCO
Equipment:
Autokrator Assault Blaster Rifle | Thermal Detonators | Commlink

It was Karina who had to put the blaster bolt in Private Maron's back. She was in charge, and it was her responsibility if her team was compromised. The thing had been hiding behind one of the rocks as they approached the crumbling temple; a thin, slimy little beast no bigger than a balled fist. Maron had cried out, somehow the creature had shattered his visor, and in seconds the vile thing had slithered down his throat. Karina had placed two rounds in him while he struggled, her mouth set in a grim line.

They left him lying there, and the six of them that remained gathered on the rocky ridgeline twenty metres back from where Private Maron had fallen. They watched in silence as a long arm reached out from a gap in the rocks and slowly pulled the corpse into a darkened crevice, taking their last capture pod with it, and leaving only a dark stain in the grey earth.

A triad completely wiped out, disemboweled by a beast that was all teeth and spines, and now Maron was dead too. Four of her squad dead in a quarter-hour, and not a single usable specimen recovered. The radio chattered as the Legion descended on the cultists and faced off against the vile creatures. In the distance, the unmistakable sounds of Sithspawn echoed eerily through her mechanical ears, monstrosities in their own right sent to rend flesh from bone.

Karina surveyed the scarred landscape ahead. Bizarre structures dotted the area, sticking out of the ground at strange angles as if they had been dropped from above. Ahead of them, a smoke rose from shattered bricks that had once formed the roof of a temple. On either side, jumbled piles of grey rocks hid countless crevices, filled with strange beings lying in wait.

"Corporal Tera, take the point. I've just been advised that a SIFIA agent has landed nearby with a fresh complement of soldiers, we'll join up with her team once we're clear of this structure. I'm not risking going over those rocks again."

They started forward, Karina's ocular sensors panning across the wasteland ahead, daring something to leap out at them, her finger resting on the trigger guard of the rifle, waiting. She tapped a key on the side of her skull, transmitting to nearby forces via commlink.

<: "Sergeant Lowe to Collection Team, requesting rendezvous coordinates. We've taken heavy casualties and require a resupply as soon as possible." :>

Equipment: Pistol x2, Riffel, Armor, Thermal Detonators x4

At the behest of his, Alor Coldenn Boarded the transport bound PL-40112-CE-021105 to aid the empire eliminating the Cultist there. Coldenn was a Evaar'la verd of Clan Eldar new blood this would serve as his trial of the verd'goten, upon his return he be accepted as a full adult member of the clan. As he made his to the back of transport he fell the soldiers staring at him he sat in silence till the ship landed and an imperial officer began shouting to troops Coldenn was moving making his to the front of the ship and exit ramp. "Where do you think you going, no order to disembark has been given I'm in charge here." The young said arrogantly "I don't take orders from you, and you not in charge of me I'm Mandolorian." Coldenn replied without turning around or breaking stride as he walked down the ramp.

Colden clad in black and green durasteel and bantha hide armor same stuff he wore as a bounty hunter made his way into the jungle heading toward a ruined temple his 2 large hand cannon slug throw pistols hung from his hip down each leg his Riffel slung over his back and the thermal detonators attached to his belt
" Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur." he said as he seemingly vanished into the foliage and fauna of the jungle.

Allies: Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex Gunnr Zambrano Gunnr Zambrano Fiolette Raaf BobertEZ BobertEZ Darren Shaw Darren Shaw Kade Seyta Kade Seyta

The Emperor would do as he willed, Taeli knew that, and at least he was not dismissing her concerns out of turn... it would do for now. Igniting her own lightsaber, and extending the hilt into its pike form, she moved with Fiolette towards the Black Talons. The Emperor and his personal forces would be the main thrust against the cultists and hopefully they could stop their ritual before this world and others were overrun with the monsters.

"We are to cover the right flank of the attack, and act as a holding force while the Emperor and the Blackblades and their accompanying Legionaries act as the spear through the heart."

Keep the enemy from escaping basically, and no doubt they would receive plenty of heavy resistance. She did notice some relief among the Black Talons through the Force that they were not the main advance body. Asation still lingered for many when it came to eldritch beings it seemed.

"Just stay close to me," she added in an undertone to her wife. "And I love what you did with the armor."

The Empire was here to destroy, to capture, and whatever other follies that its Emperor desired. She couldn't blame them, the unknown was scary - as scary as it had been when she had been raised on a world that was bathed in a light that could kill her - and it was instinctual for Sith to destroy whatever gave them reason to fear. Whenever a group that worshiped any religion beyond the scope of Jedi and Sith was discovered, their own feud aside, they were either perverted into treating their own views as misguided variations of the other two, or they were summarily destroyed. Call it a sense of superiority, call it xenophobia, no matter the name she called it stupid.

Was she dead? Had they destroyed her? No, and she hadn't done much at all to endanger the way of life for any sentient in the galaxy - at least not personally. Maybe it was her unique union with Braxus, but she was more than certain that it was the flesh she was clothed in that made her seem more an eccentric and primitive barbarian than some being from another time and place than this one. Unlike her overly destructive compatriots, Braith was more interested in these "gods" that this ancient order purportedly worshiped - whether the theory that had been posed to her upon her awakening in this era was true, that she was actually some extra-galactic orphan rather than the avatar of something far more sinister.

Soft feet, bare and pale, tread over the sands of this unnamed world, her body free of garments besides the crawling orbalisks that had long since learned to obey their host's desires. There was something spectacular about this world, something that pulled her, like a tug deep in the back of her mind that felt not nearly as dangerous as curiosity. Away from the line of battle, Braith was free to walk as she had many thousands of years before with but a spear in one hand and the deep flow of darkness never out of reach from the next. She wondered if her lover was curious of her origins as she now was, whether he presumed she was merely tricked into thinking she was what she had been raised as or if there had been some merit to the moniker and worship she'd been granted for the majority of her early life.

"Show me what I desire." She whispered, her voice splintering into several pitches, increasing the further it traveled from her lips - the air around her shimmering like light broken by some invisible prism. "Open the gates to the past." She urged, violet eyes closing as she drew on a nature of the force unknown to many of the Sith and the Jedi she had come to meet, her request drawing on something that felt natural to her, that had been further taught to her by the Aing-Tii in her initial captivity.

When she next opened her eyes she was staring deep into the past, peering into a rift once opened that showed her a place beyond this one, in a time removed from her own.

She wondered if she should call it home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom