Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Sith-Imperial Legionnaire Combat Armor Mk. III

Status
Not open for further replies.
T83BbJy.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Sith-Imperial Corps of Engineers
  • Affiliation: The Sith Empire
  • Model: Sith-Imperial Legionnaire Combat Armor Mk. III
  • Modularity: Yes
    • Can be altered to fit a wide variety of physicalities
    • Commander pauldrons can be equipped
    • Officer cloaks can be equipped
    • Camouflage coating for different environments
    • Space Trooper modifications are possible
    • Wrist launchers can be mounted
    • Shoulder launchers can be mounted
    • Jet/Jump packs can be mounted on the backplate
    • Grav-Chutes can be worn over the armor
    • Boots can be replaced
  • Production: Minor
  • Material:
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Multipurpose
  • Protection Type: Full-Body Coverage
  • Weight: Average - 18kg
  • Resistances:
    • Plasmatic and Energy Weapons (Excluding Disruptors): High
    • Kinetic Projectile Weapons: High
    • Sonic Weapons (Including Concussive and Hard Sound.): Average
    • Electromagnetic and Ionic Weapons: Average
    • Elemental and Environmental Weapons: High
    • Lightsaber and Other Plasmatic Weapons (Including Disruptors): Very Low
STANDARD FEATURES
SPECIAL FEATURES
STRENGTHS
  • Versatile: The Mk. III Legionnaire armor was designed to be usable in almost every environment one might come across in the galaxy, save for the most inhospitable zones known to civilization. The armor can also be camouflaged to better blend in with whatever environment a Legionnaire is stationed at, whether it be forests, deserts, tundras, or even under the ocean.
  • Resilient: Ensuring the survivability of Legionnaires on the battlefield is one of the most important tasks of the Empire. A strong and healthy soldier is a loyal and tenacious soldier, and a robust corps of experienced veterans is far superior to a constant influx of untested newbloods. Thusly, the Mk. III armor is packed with everything a soldier needs to survive and kill on the battlefield. An integrated mobile deflector shield compounds the Legionnaire's survivability in the heart of combat.
  • Electronically Sealed: To prevent armor from being unlawfully scavenged off of battlefields, the Sith Empire has designed the Mk. III armor to be electronically sealed once a Legionnaire has suited up. This is accomplished via specially trained officers known as Quartermasters, who hold the technology required to lock and unlock a Legionnaire's armor inside specially crafted cybernetics. The Empire has also fostered a sense of self-maintenance in its Legionnaires, with each soldier owning their own suit of armor and charged with its upkeep. Thus each individual suit of armor is biometrically linked to one Legionnaire at a time, and cannot be interchangeably worn.
WEAKNESSES
  • Close-Proximity EMPs: The Mk. III armor is protected at a distance from most electromagnetic pulses that could arise from ion grenades and other explosive munitions, but several direct hits to the armor or a close-proximity blast can knock out a majority of the internal and external electronics. However, the helmet has received the greatest degree of electronic protection than any other part of the armor and can take far more ionic punishment before being disabled than the rest of the suit.
  • Lightsabers: There's not much that can stand up to the omnidirectional cutting edge of a lightsaber and the Mk. III has none of those resistant materials like beskar or phrik. To put such expensive and rare materials in an armor designed for the rank-and-file grunts of the Empire would've been seen as a monumental waste of credits. When faced up against a Jedi or other lightsaber-wielding Force User, a Legionnaire's only hope is that there are enough bodies between them or that they're in possession of anti-Jedi weaponry.
  • Thermal Gel Safeguard: The Mk. III Legionnaire armor while great for taking impacts it cannot revert back to its aqueous state. This is to say the thermal gel liner is unable to revert back to its aqueous state, minor to massive impacts on a wearer's mobility will result in the wearer taking more kinetic hits.
DESCRIPTION

War.
War never changes.
The weapons and methods, however, change quite often. In an empire dedicated to war, conflict, and subjugation, innovation, and technological evolution are frequent and paramount to success. At every hour of every day, the scientists, engineers, and architects of the Empire are pouring over thousands of charts, thousands of logistical sheets, and battle reports to compile an ever-growing list of what needs to be improved and what needs to be discarded.
Warships were routinely upgraded with the latest generation of turbolasers, walkers had their armor replaced with lighter, more resilient alloys, and the soldiers on the ground found themselves equipped with better equipment every moon cycle.
The latest improvement was the Legionnaire Combat Armor Mk. III, a distinct improvement over its predecessors. This didn't imply that the previous armors were worse for wear, quite the contrary; the Mk. I and Mk. II armors had performed to such a fantastic degree that they had remained in service throughout the majority of the Empire's tenure, while other aspects of the military around it had been phased out and replaced.
Distinctly, the Mk. III armor abandoned the stark white stormtrooper aesthetic with a sleeker black aesthetic that was considered to be more in touch with the Empire's patriotic colors. Beyond that, there were a myriad of internal improvements, better systems, better hardware, improved equipment that would ensure that the Legionnaires of the Sith Empire were at the top of their game out in the kill zones.
The change from Mk. I to Mk. III was gradual, with army groups stationed at the farthest edges of the Empire receiving the Mk. III armor first; as the defense of the borders against rebels, pirates, and all other undesirables was considered of utmost importance. As more and more armor was produced, the Legionnaires stationed at the innermost sectors of the Empire would finally receive theirs.
Eventually all Mk. I and Mk. II armors would be phased out of circulation, collected by the Imperial Government, and deposited into molecular furnaces to be reconstituted into whatever the Empire deemed necessary.

10/14/2019
Changed the Image & Image Source
Added a second Primary Source
Expanded the Affiliation
Changed the Model
Added new lines to Modularity
Added new Material
Added Protection Type to Technical Specifications
Changed Weight from Heavy to Average, added exact weight
Expanded upon Resistances
Changed Lightsabers from Very Low to Low
Added Shrapnel and Melee Weapons
Completely reworked Standard and Special Features
Removed Weak Joints weakness and replaced it with Thermal Gel Safeguard weakness
Made necessary edits to Description to reflect updated armor model

6/4/2020
Changed Image & Image Credit
Changed Materials
Changed Resistances

Last edited:

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Darth Carnifex"]

You are utilizing multiple products from Jaegar Solutions, one of which is Closed-Market. I need you to show me permission from the owner in order for you to utilize these in the sub.

I also need you to add a rating to the 'weight' section, which with all the attachments and doodads in this I suggest 'Heavy'.

Darth Carnifex said:
Electronically Sealed: To prevent armor from being unlawfully scavenged off of battlefields
I also want to point out to you here that people can still take and use this armor if they do the RP for it under the boards/factories rules. I don't have a problem with how the strength is written, just pointing out that it's still possible under Chaos rules.

Shuklaar Kyrdol

CEO of Breshig War Forge Consolidated
Hello Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex , as you've no doubt realized, I'm Shuk and I'll be reviewing this submission. So, without further ado, let's get started.

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Looks fine, everything here is solid.

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
I love the modularity of the armor, and I'm sure your troops do as well! However, slight issue, if at all possible I'd like you to specify these ionic insulating materials, and I'd like you to perhaps link to the article where the energized reactive fabrics (seperate ones if I think I know what you're referring to) are mentioned and links for the other components and materials mentioned here as well.

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Oookay, here's the real problem. You're over one rating, which is an easy fix, but we can't move forward until you've fixed that.

STANDARD FEATURES
I really, really, really hate to be that guy, but if at all possible could you please link to the various relevant wookie articles? Also, can you specify that the life form sensor can't be used for stealth detection?

SPECIAL FEATURES
Same case here, please link to the respective wookie subs.

STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES
Well balanced, well written. Nice job.

DESCRIPTION
Logistics truly are the bane of every army. Especially one the size of the Sith Empire's. I love that the description in its entirety goes over how the armor was phased in and the older armors were phased out.

So you've got a few changes to make, please tag me when those are done, and we can keep this moving.

Shuklaar Kyrdol

CEO of Breshig War Forge Consolidated
Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex Thank you for the changes, I appreciate the effort. As for the life form detector you've got two options. You can either drop it to semi-unique like other stealth detection tech, or you can put a little stipulation in parenthesis that says it can't detect stealth tech. Spin it however you like to make it fit the sub, but unfortunately those are the rules, dear sir, I'm just the messenger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom