Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alisha'ven

Arceneau Trade Company
Harley Fenstermacher said:
HCLI: Ground Combat Units

Though still a relatively young company compared to the others present here Harley had a geed feeling that the addition of ground combat units would catch peoples eyes. Why you may ask? probably because of the fact no one else was bringing in ground units. Sure many had small arms, the rest having fighters and ship but ground combat, walkers repulsion life and tracked tanks where quite lacking these days, on the open market. Sure many companies still made them but often enough such machines of war where closed market, Harley on the other hand did not give much mind to who purchased his wares, only that it does not bring bad reputation down the line.

For this little expo the young company had brought out display models of all it's current vehicles, the AP-JT and AT-XRT, both put together, a kind of 2 in one bundle as both walkers where quite the team when put together. The HAT-NR3 hover tank, looking like a combination of an AAT and a NR enfrocer tank, along with the SPzNo1 apc, not much on first look but the array of anti-personal weaponry made it quite the practical took. Lastly was the IX-1 combat car, nothing really fancy but it might have an appeal to people that like to go fast. Then the pride and ship of the line tank on main display was the PzNo8 Tank Destroyer usually just refereed to as the Muas, basically a land battle ship.

Though mainly pushing forwards it line of ground combat craft Harley had brought some system tech along, sporting the FAS line of equipment including the targeting computer, tactical display, navigation computer not to mention the new Life Support system, and if need be the FAE-1 turbine engine. As for those looking at weapons, well there was the FAW line, a little jumbled but but still enough to go around, having the medium turbo battery and heavy turbo battery available, but those where under tight wraps.

Weapons and Arms Sector
[member="Harley"] Fenstermacher

Alisha'ven had a checklist of areas she was supposed to go visit. The stocking up on defenses for the ever expanding Arceneau Trade and affiliates locations and stations was always an ongoing concern of hers. Which is why the Rutian Twi'lek found herself in front of Harley's Land Combat Solutions booth.

Surveying the smaller company's goods, Alisha gave a slight nod. Glancing at the representative, she pointed out to him, "I'm interested in purchasing a contract for your walkers and that heavy tank destroyer. We need to enhance defenses for ten bases. How much would that be?"

It would be a contract with Arceneau Trade, one of the largest conglomerates in the galaxy. It was a hefty contract to be offered for their goods.

Narayana - Exhibition Hall
MandalArms Booth

[member="Kaine Australis"]

It was good to be able to deal with quality merchandise. The Vizsla might wander around the sector where the Mandalorians called their home for Arceneau Trade, but she always enjoyed being able to see who was still alive.

Kaine Australis might not be familiar with this particular Vizsla, and to be honest, the Nyriaanan was as nomadic as her kind, moving from settlement to settlement to assist with trade goods and to offer her services as a forger and maintainer of old technology. The Nyriaanans were not a technologically-advanced people and they used technology based upon that of the Old Republic, such as ancient blasters, which they inherited from they ancestors when they crash-landed on Nyriaan. They believed that everything had a use and that by keeping old-style technology in service and well-maintained, they honored their forebears. Nevertheless, the Nyriaanans were an adaptive race and were willing to utilize more modern forms of equipment.

Which is why Taneith was here.

"Su'cuy!" she said, voice modulated by the Mandalorian helmet she wore. "It is good to see a familiar name here."

Klesta

The King of Ergonomic Assessments
"I am intrigued by the biofuel: is the biofuel compatible with regular reactors?"

If the biofuel as sold by [member="L3-37"] is indeed compatible with regular reactors, then it was a no-brainer for the Jawa: it was going to be that biofuel, over liquid fuel or tibanna, spun or not. The questions would then be: how much advertising space would that grant them? Or just how many ergonomic assessments? Of course he would prefer to sell ergonomic assessments first, and, if there isn't enough revenue from the ergonomic assessments to make up for the total cost of the fuel, then he would start eating into the advertising space. After selling the CSA ergonomic assessments for their senate building, then surely selling ergonomic assessments to a major fuel company, for administrative workstations or production ones, would be well within their ability. However, productivity is often constrained more by machine capacity and machine hours than workspace layout when it came to fuel production, at least as far as the production is concerned. So the main source of savings through ergonomics was going to be more on the administrative side, with workers comp on the production side.

"We can do newspaper as well as holo advertising over our news channel; with the Sith Inquisitor's headquarters on Ziost, we can advertise everywhere in Sith space, and also in CSA space through our Cyrillia office. As for ergonomic assessments, they are a service and the aim of an ergonomic assessment is to ensure that workstations are set up properly to ensure that the workers manning them are safe while they work. By doing so, you can reduce the workers' comp expenditures and increase employee engagement"

Alcuin said:
The mods caught his eye. Nothing flashy, and while he was no shipwright he had enough of an eye for design to realize quality and intricacy. Walking up to who he assumed was the proprietor of the workshop, he bowed his head in respect to an equal and looked Jorus Merrill in the eyes as he slid open his dataslate, an attached holo-corder projecting what looked like a salvage wreck. Concentric rings surrounding a central structure of bright colored metal. Anyone who knew their ships fables would know a dyson sphere. If the shipwright pegged him well, he could tell his ancestry and might guess the stations' origin. Or just think him insane no matter what he guessed about him. A cleared throat and the Anefilt spoke. "Know what that is?" Best to start off bluntly, and hope Jorus Merrill was as capable as his products led Alcuin to believe.
[member="Alcuin"]

"Dyson shell," said Jorus right off the bat, sliding his feet off another chair. He leaned over the display table and eyed it a little closer. "Composite-ring design, like what I ran into at Tartarus times two or three. I'm guessing it's a fethton bigger than the one we're standing on."

This station was a new innovation, a forty-kilometre shell around some kind of intensely tiny star, maybe a core fragment. It was to a real Dyson shell as a starfighter was to a battleship. Still an impressive feat, of course.

Somewhere not too far away, a gaggle of youngish folks ([member="Isaiah Dashiell"], [member="Makai Dashiell"], and [member="Magdalena Lethe"]) were arguing or flirting or something. Wait, wasn't that Judah's kid? Good for him, getting out and about at his age. And the woman looked familiar too: for a second she'd reminded Jorus of Alna's current face. Jorus refocused on the short gruff humanoid in front of him.

"I'm good, but I'm not good enough to mod a Dyson if that's what you're after. My shop's just not remotely big enough. Salvage one? That I could do. How old's this sucker?"

Allana Badeaux

Ta’a Chume – Queen Mother
Location: Narayana Galactic Trade Station; Luxury Suite, soon to be in route to the Exhibition Hall.​
Wearing: A White Dress, not wearing the Rainbow crown, and a SSB Auction Wristband.
Allana ran her lithe fingers down her hips. Looking into the mirror she took a closer inspection of the dress she chose to wear today. The image within the back ground was far from her mind. It may be a galactic standard for luxury hotel rooms. Allana was used to the luxury of the Fountain Palace.

Though the room seemed not to bother her in the slightest.. as she continued to inspect the dress. The dress in question, in portions it cunningly hugged some portions of her body while still remaining to have some conservative presence. The dress in question was Hapen in design, though it was a tasteful piece of art that was more suited for a Duch’a visiting the Royal Court and not the Queen Mother.

What was missing in the mirror was even more noticeable. The Queen Mother was not wearing the Rainbow Crown. That symbol of the Consortium would be too much of a temptation. The crown alone could fetch a price that could field a fleet of ships. It would have been far too much of temptation for theft and Allana was not here to cause trouble.

There was a curious piece of jewelry upon her right wrist. It was a device many people here at the action would be wearing.

Pleased with the fit of the dress, her hair, and makeup… Allana turn to the two Hapen Royal guards in the room with her.

“Captain, I trust everything is ready”, lips parting smiling at the woman who had guarded Allana most of her life.​

“Your Grace”, the captain bowed gracefully. The woman in her early thirties and dressed in the dark blues and gold of the Hapen Royal Guard.

“Than shall we”, Alla asked as she started to walk past them both and to the door.​

Harley Fenstermacher

remeber it's not personal, just buiness
Weapons and Arms Sector
People: [member="Alisha'ven"]

Harley was more or less expecting private businesses or mercenaries groups to the first ones interested in the combat vehicles, but a well known organization was quite interesting. The 'Arceneau Trade Company' was quite their varying enterprise, mining to restaurants and much more, any contract with them would be greatly beneficial to the company.

"You have your eye on the AP-JT, AT-XRT and PzNo8 yes? quite a reasonable order, I would be more then happy to settle a contract with you, how many squadrons or individual units are you looking to acquire"? "You said 10 basses correct? how many vehicles would you have stationed at each one"? The two walkers worked quite well together, so perhaps she was looking to purchases a squadron for each base?

"Or would it be more preferred to enter a supply or lend least contract, you call".

Isaiah Dashiell

I
"What," Izzzy groaned back at Mags' hiss. "Everybody calls him Tadpole!" But he got the message, even if it was poorly received and gave his cousin a few more pats for good measure and backed off the young heir and ignored the comment with an eye roll. He wasn't letting this kid get under his skin today and so he bit back a retort, doubly so because Mags wasn't much a fan his idea of family banter.

"No pops around," he let the sentence trail off as if a weight had been lifted off his chest. Wellm a partial weight, it honestly might have been better than running into the tadpole. "How is good 'ol Juddy these days anyways?"

There was a flash of irritation at the mention of salvage. But it was barely there and easily missed. Drawing in breath, he punched a key on the slate, and the images began to cycle. The sphere contained what might have once been a neutron star, but schematics showed it had been... Altered... Clearly the drawings and pictures didn't quite synch up. All that Alcuin could find in his limited records were prototypes.

"The station is approximately twenty thousand years old. Shortly after the Force Wars, in the timelines of my people. It was, or is, maintained by a splinter group of them I am trying to reason with, but they are rather unbalanced. There is a blending of the Force and technology, since all of my kind are sensitive to it but a pitiful few. The heart was once a neutron star, turned into a Force Nexus... I can deal with most of the internals, over time... Can you turn it on, and point me to those you would trust in refitting it?

Spying the banner, he nodded to it the name clicking in his mind...

"The only man I trust or have met recently, the Dunaan, said you could steer me right if I ever found you. If that paranoid one trusts you, I'll judge you worthy for the time being..."

[member="Jorus Merrill"]

"We. Are. In. Public."

Magda replied through clenched teeth and a straight face. You just don't call people Tadpole in public. Especially not this kind of public. Unless they actually happened to be named Tadpole, or were in fact a tadpole. Magda did her best not to think about that. She turned her attention back to [member="Makai Dashiell"] with a warm but polite smile.

Gosh, how he'd grown. Time flew so incredibly fast and it made her wonder just how long she'd been putting up with [member="Isaiah Dashiell"]'s shenanigans. Longer than six years?

Yeesh.

"Yes how is Judah?" the question injected directly after Izzy's, emphasis on calling people by their actual name, "he was so kind to me before. I do hope life is treating him well."

[member="Alcuin"]

Jorus whistled under his breath. "Twenty grand old? You don't need a rigger. What you need is an archaeologist, an engineer, a diplomat, and a physicist. You're in luck, though. I know someone who knows someone who fits the bill for all of the above. Toss the Hive a broker's fee and first dibs on any leftover tech curios, and I'd be more than happy to set up a meet. Any friend of Seydon's is a friend of mine."

Allana Badeaux

Location: Narayana Galactic Trade Station; Exhibition Hall / Food Court.​
Wearing: A white dress, not wearing the rainbow crown, and a SSB Auction Wristband.​
The ride from the hotel to the exhibition hall did not take that long. The ride in a common speeder that served to taxi people, well that was new and interesting. Not only was it her first time in a common speeder, this was her very first time meeting a Duro.

It was exciting at first. However it turned out to be terrifying as the Duro not only drove fast but seemed to drive erratically from Allan’s perspective. Not only was Allana was pleased the ride was over. Her two guards were very pleased it was over as well.

Outside of the exhibition hall, not only did Allana have a spectacular view. She could see just how many races and cultures were involved in this auction. Being from an isolationist culture, this could have easily been overwhelming for most Hapens. Allana was more overexcited. Not her guards though. They looked a little more then nervous. They were in charge of protecting their queen. Here they had a lot of unknown variables. It was their job though and they followed their Queen Mother into the Exhibition Hall.

Upon entering through the foyer the wide eye queen surveyed the grandness of the continuation of her adventure. In a portion of the middle of the main foyer was a small column with a holo map. The multi colored lights hovering over the column itself. Instantly upon looking she had seen her first destination. The food court just seemed the most fabulous idea ever!

The Food Court!

OK, now Allana was stunned. Not by décor or architecture. It was the verity of food booths. All of the selections! Allana could stay here the entirety of the entire event, no sleep. Just stay here and not have enough time to sample a little of everything.

There was a booth that had something called baked dru’un slices in fish sauce. Allana had no idea what that was. It did not sound that appetizing for her. There was Brawballows. Groat chops. Different types of foods from Atrisia. Cracknel. Looking Allana was certain there were types of foods from every known planet to cover a wide enough selection.

There was one booth that caught Allana’s eye more than the others, well at that moment. A yogurt booth that served frozen yogurt that comes in a cup that you could suck it through a straw. She got in that line so fast. It did not take that long waiting and she bought the medium sized one. Whatever type of fruit it was, the drink was a pink-ish red. Well it was more red then pink. What did they call it, a smoothie?

Narayana Trade Station - Expo Hall

Walking this way and that, enjoying the sights as it were, Taeli slowly made her way around the expo hall. Her eyes were caught by her datapad, tied into local holonet transceivers, about the first auction. It was nice to see, although she wasn't going to be taking part right now. The Force just kept nagging at her that there was something of utmost importance on the station, something specifically important to her. Forcing down a scowl that threatened to emerge, she wanted to curse the interference in the Force all these beings were causing.

"Miss! Miss! Come, see what we have to offer!"

Ignoring the query from the salesman, she kept on walking, lost in thought. She was half tempted to dive into the currents of the Force to figure out exactly what was nagging at her.

"Step right up and see the most amazing thing you'll see on station! A booster like no other, guaranteed to get past any blockade of a civilized world!"

Rolling her eyes, she stopped a moment to look at this booster tech. Nothing fancy, and if her glasses were telling her right, this was still a prototype. Walking away, she didn't say a word. Nothing yet was really popping out at her.

[member="Magdalena Lethe"] | [member="Isaiah Dashiell"]

It was hard to keep a neutral expression towards his cousin but Makai was hoping his face remained relatively impassive. His girlfriend-slash-employer seemed to be keeping the other Dashiell in line. Must be a special woman, Makai hadn't seen anyone to get Izzy to shut up and be quiet for more than five seconds.

"Dad....er....Judah is doing fine. Same old for him. Still scruffy, still salvaging. I'm sure he will be surprised we ran into one another. I know you weren't one for corporate events. Southern Systems is a bit different though."

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
Narayana - Expo Hall, East

This place was way too goddamn big, he could hardly believe it. He'd stepped off the tram and expected to be in a hallway with signs, somewhere that he could catch his bearings but instead...instead he stepped into what appeared to be the middle of the Expo. There were dozens upon dozens of booths, hundreds of vendors, everyone clamoring to get a word into the numerous well dressed buyers. It was enough to blow the mind, especially the volume of it all.

He should have expected it really, everything here was supposed to be bigger and better but it was a bit much even for him.

Kurt stepped forward into the Expo Hall proper. There were quite a few people, but the sheer size of the place meant that no one was jostling against one another or trying to squeeze through things. A small part of him thought that was what made all of this even more impressive. Everyone was incredibly busy, but no one was being squished life a nerf roast that was preparing to go into the oven. A sigh escaped him, and he glanced around.

He still had to find a gift for Jamie.

There were dozens of booths with Weapons, Armor, starship parts, but he knew she wouldn't be interested in any of that.

No, he needed something a bit more special, something unique. He frowned for a moment, looking up and glancing at one of the holo-signs that hung from the ceiling. He read 'smaller crafts & workshops' on one of them and broke out into a smile. That was exactly what he needed, something more personal and less...corporate feeling. With a wide grin he broke off to his left and headed in the direction of the sign.

Scruffy and salvaging?

Hm, Magda supposed she hadn't noticed back when she met the man. He seemed to be a perfectly ordinary sort of CEO, aside from inviting her to his home and making her a homecooked meal. Perhaps extraordinary was the more appropriate term.

Magda's smile warmed at the good news regardless, "Send him my regards, please. As far as corporate events go..." she passed her gaze about, momentarily glancing up at Izzy, smile persisting, "I don't dislike them. I just hadn't planned on coming to this one," a shrug, "plans changed."

Were changed.

"I suppose I was about due to renegotiate the sponsorship with your father. Would you be the person to speak to about that or should I give him a call later?"

[member="Makai Dashiell"] [member="Isaiah Dashiell"]

Allana Badeaux

Wearing: A white dress, not wearing the rainbow crown, and a SSB Auction Wristband.​
Coming into the hall the young queen mother took another sip of her smoothie. The slushy frozen bits of fruit slid easily back as she surveyed the room. She just kept walking taking everything in while a royal guard to each of her side walked with her.

There was a lot to choose from. Uncertain what booth she would stop by first. Up ahead there was a PharmaTech booth. Medical technology was something that interested her. She had many subjects she cared for. Their heath was very important. Making a choice off near impulse she started to walk over there. The room was just so big and there were so many people. It was going to take some time to walk over there.

"Done. Consider this a first payment."

A silvery compass was held forth, the top clicking open and the needle whirring aimlessly. It seemed for all intents broken, covered in antiquated aurabesh in a runic form. The thing was antiquated beyond saying, with an odd sheen to it. Degree markings, dials and knobs, and more covered it. Obviously meant for sailing days, and in these moments like now nothing more than an affectation and curiosity.

"My father made that. His claim was the kasha crystal and pyronium fused together made it so one holding it could focus on where they wanted to be and either smooth the routes ahead, or if talented enough they could transport themselves. I lost the way a to how to recharge it, and my talents do not lay in navigation to know how... I hear tale you may make use of such a trinket... If nothing else, you'll know better who to give it to, so that it is used."

Largesse was not a common trait in the Anefilt, and it bore true for Alcuin. But, he was in debt to Jorus beyond credits if this worked. And so, his people's way dictated the response, and he would not ignore honor.

"As for credits... I have a tidy sum, and for this I will spare no expense. If the Anefilt are to revive, we must have a home... This will do for now..."

[member="Jorus Merrill"]

Selinica Miriya Cailis

S
After somewhat idly perusing a good length of the hall, and starting to come down the other side, her eyes landed on the CEC booth from a distance; what she saw there made her brow knit, her lips curl to one side in a smirk, and her paces to stall. Her head was having a hard time reconciling the headshot in CEC's corporate profile with the tropical greasemonkey getup that hung on the man who stood in the booth. What kind of representation did that outfit give a corporation with such a storied history? Obviously, [member="Cal Sedaire"] was either green, or he didn't give a womprat's ass. Was he even Corellian? Sure, he shared Julius' surname - and she'd only met that man in brief in a warzone and later shared a drink with him - but they looked nothing alike.

She raked a slow hand back through her hair, and blew out a breath. Well, no two ways about it, it was still CEC. She didn't think it likely that an impostor would have gotten space at the expo, so it was a pretty safe bet that looking into what the corporation was putting out these days wouldn't be a waste of her time. By her reasoning, the Mitternacht had served her well even for such an old vessel, so the ol' home shipwright just might be worth taking into consideration, alongside the other sellers, and... well, it was familiar in a way. Sel shifted her hands into trouser pockets, and made her way over, starting to take in details presented by projectors and models as she came in; a hand pulled loose from its pocket, and fingers brushed along the edge of the booth table, while her head craned around to get a closer look at some of the designs.

"So..." came her drawn-out words, absent of full attention as she peered through it all, "...did you come right here from a vacation, or is CEC making luxury craft now, and that shirt is part of the advertising campaign?"

Okay, so maybe luxury craft was a stretch to base on a beach shirt.

[member="Allana Badeaux"]

Many merchants had shelled out for expo holobooths. Mara was not one of them. Instead, she wandered through the exhibition hall, bounced between conversations, and handed out pamphlets.

MERRILL-VALKNER
A NEW HOPE FOR STARSHIP SYSTEMS

She set her sights on a youngish noblewoman flanked by two formal guards, and went in pamphlet first.

"Excuse me," she said, offering the pamphlet. "Free literature about the best in starship components from Merrill-Valkner. Ultra-reliable navigation, elite nonlethal security..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom