Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech The Scepter of Maenan Gramarye

Status
Not open for further replies.

izDoXxw.jpg

wCTzNFa.png

• Intent: Create a powerful Sith scepter for Darth Carnifex
  • Image Source:
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
axldTFS.png

I40wnfD.png

• Classification: Sith Scepter
  • Size: Extremely Large
  • Weight: Very Heavy
2cU3C5x.png

• The wielder of the Scepter can tap into the dark powers of the Skull of Gaius Zhuta to cast a variety of spells, their power, potency, and scale amplified through the magical properties of the Scepter;
    • Conjure waves of darkness to blind, disorient, frighten, and incapacitate others over a wide area of effect.
    • Drain the knowledge of lesser creatures, adding their experiences to your own.
    • Drive the minds of lesser creatures to insanity, rendering them into a state of frenzied panic and ravenous violence.
    • Ensnare the minds of lesser creatures to the wielder's will, allowing them to control them as they would a marionette.
    • Erase the memories of lesser creatures and, if necessary, supplant them with new memories.
    • Raise the dead into an animated state controlled by the wielder of the Scepter.
    • Siphon the life energies from lesser creatures to rejuvenate and heal the wielder.
  • Through the power instilled within the Skull of Gaius Zhuta by Matsu Xiangu, the scepter will slowly corrupt those within its proximity. It will begin as a weakening of the wills, followed by a gradual physical decay as if the aging process had been accelerated, and mental faculties would degrade severely. Ultimately, those who could not escape the scepter's influence would become little more than ghouls or wraiths, bound to its power and a shadowy echo of the person they once were. Strong wills are able to resist this influence.
  • A hidden compartment at the base of the headpiece can be used to store the hilt of a lightsaber, which can then be retrieved at will and used by the wielder.
  • Lightsaber resistant.
  • Can ground electricity and release it.
  • Sith runes that ward against Light Side abilities, particularly Force Light.
8Bs48wF.png

• Conduit for Dark Side Magic: The scepter contains the power to channel and amplify Sith Magic to cast various spells and perform various rituals at the wielder's direction. The stronger the wielder in the Dark Side, the stronger the magic cast by the scepter will be. The scepter also allows the wielder to utilize abilities that they might have been previously incapable of performing naturally, such as necromancy and telekinetic-related powers.
  • Enhanced by Sith Alchemy: Both the shaft and skull of the scepter were augmented through the tempering process of Sith Alchemy, bathed in alchemized blood to render the metal and bone virtually indestructible through conventional means. This augmentation also extended to the channeling properties of the scepter itself, increasing its potency by a considerable amount.
  • Soul Bond: The scepter is bound to the one who created it, obeying their commands alone and rejecting the power of others to manipulate it. This bond extends to calling and dismissing the scepter through magic, seeing through the scepter like an oracle stone, and knowing its location at any given moment.
yYDpyZW.png

• Beacon of Darkness: Borne from the darkness of the Dark Lord, the scepter is a pulsating quasar of dark energy against the ivory sea of the Light Side. Those attuned to the Light Side will find themselves repulsed in its presence, while those of the Dark will find themselves attracted to its evil. This has the double-edged sword of making the scepter easily detectable by those attuned to hunting out the Dark, such as Jedi Shadows and similarly natured kin.
  • Force Suppression: Despite all of the scepter's powers, it cannot operate when afflicted by the suppressing powers of Ysalamiri and other Force-dampening creatures or objects. Any powers employed by the scepter will be mitigated or outright dispelled once they reach an area affected by the suppression of the Force.
  • Lingering Will: Though the Skull of Gaius Zhuta had been twisted and warped to serve the needs of the Sith, there yet exists a spark of the man that Gaius once was deep within. This lingering will persist in spite of the horrors afflicted upon Gaius' remains, struggling to undo the damage that had been done. His rebellion persists despite the best efforts of the Dark Side to snuff out the spark, perhaps one day it will be enough to destroy the power of the scepter and free Gaius' skull from the grasp of the Sith.
vyI8KM4.png

Darth Carnifex -
We have sat on the same councils. We have shared a few words. Our feet have touched the same battlefields. It is my great regret that I do not yet know you as an ally.
In your hands is the skull of Gaius Zhuta, a pious man who did not accept the Dark when it came to cleanse Maena. I burned him and cleansed him myself, pared the bones clean until the skull was as you see it now. Alchemy set its city to life. It is my blood dried in the runes to fuel the sorcery which makes it the artifact that I gift to you. Even a great lord such as yourself, though not affected by its power, will feel its toxic aura. Carry this into battle with you and it will destroy your enemy's minds with fear. Leave it in your throne room to twist those you wish to crush to your bidding. Torture those foolish enough to stand against you by leaving them in its presence. It will waste them away.
I have made it no secret that I bow to no man or woman. But it is my sincere wish that this token - created by my hand and with my power, given new life from my own blood - will serve to show you that even if I stand as my own god, that House Xiangu stands by House Zambrano in war and in silence.
With respect,
Darth Yaomo

It was this message that accompanied the ornate black and gold box sent from the esteemed Matsu Xiangu to the Dark Lord of the Sith, Darth Carnifex, in the year 850 ABY. Within the ornate box was the Skull of Gaius Zhuta, gifted to the Dark Lord as a symbol of the support of House Xiangu and all of Maena. It was said that upon the box's opening, two of the three servants in attendance with the Dark Lord were instantly driven mad by the mere sight of it.

Darth Carnifex eagerly accepted the skull, himself unaffected by the mind-altering properties of the artifact. He endeavored to experiment with the skull to see how far its limits could be pushed, and to this end, he commanded his followers to bring onto him a hundred slaves. Once these slaves had been procured, he subjected them to horrific tests with the skull. Through these tests, Carnifex discovered that the skull could be used as a conduit for Sith magic when handled directly. When left alone with the slave, the skull infected them with corruption and gradually transformed them into a shambling ghoul utterly bound to the power of the skull.

With these experiments concluded, Carnifex set about crafting a vessel to hold the skull. He settled on a metal staff as the holding vessel and went about building the device himself. He toiled for many days and many nights, never leaving the forge until his work had been complete. Though the staff had been constructed, it was not yet finalized. Cutting open his wrist, the Dark Lord allowed his blood to seep out into an alchemical pool. Then he bathed the staff in a concoction rendered from his own black blood, and the staff was imbued with the power of darkness.

He combined the skull and the staff, melding the powers of two into one vessel. He called it his Scepter of Maenan Gramarye, gramarye being an ancient and archaic word for black magic in the old tongue of the galaxy. He then constructed a special holding chamber for the scepter when not in use, encasing it inside of a glasteel case at the center of the room. To guard it, the Dark Lord ordered a multitude of prisoners be deposited into the room and the door locked behind them. They began to covet the scepter, though they could never reach it and were thus transformed into monstrous ghouls by its corruptive influence. Often the chamber would be opened to deposit new prisoners to guard the scepter, the ground becoming littered with the bones of the ghouls killed and consumed by the others.

Thus the Skull of Gaius Zhuta passed into the possession of Darth Carnifex, who transformed it into a terrible weapon of the Dark Side.

11/8/2019
  • Changed Image & Image Credit
  • Removed Restricted Material
  • Changed Model Name
  • Changed Materials
  • Changed Classifications
  • Changed Size
  • Removed Length
  • Changed Weight
  • Added Shockwave Generator Special Feature
10/12/2021
  • Edited Intent
  • Edited Image Credit
  • Added Permissions
  • Edited Manufacturer
  • Added Market Status
  • Edited Model
  • Added Modularity
  • Edited Material
  • Edited Classification
  • Edited Size
  • Edited Special Features
  • Edited Strengths
  • Edited Weaknesses
  • Edited Description

Last edited:
[member="Darth Carnifex"]

Please make note that strong Lightside powers such as Force Light can weaken and/or destroy the artifact depending on how much time it was subjected to it. Other than that, this is pretty badass, love it.

[member="Darth Carnifex"]

My apologies, I have been made aware I have missed two things:

For weaknesses the scepter's powers should be negated by an ysalamiri field and its effects weakened by void stone, and something like battle meditation would be a feasible counter towards the insanity field.

Tag me once those things are added and I can stamp it again.

PRE-FACTORY TEMPLATE
Submission Name: The Emperor's Wrath, the Hammer of Abrogation
Link to Submission: Click
Reason for Pre-Factory Request: Update and modernize

PRE-FACTORY TEMPLATE
Submission Name: Derriphan the Devourer

PRE-FACTORY TEMPLATE
Submission Name: Taralraiskaz Battle Plate

Moved to pre-factory per OP request.

Please remember to include a list of changes when you tag a member of factory staff to move the submission to live judgement.

HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge
Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex

Very powerful indeed.
  • The first and the third weaknesses are more strength than weakness. So please edit/rewrite these:
    • The first, it made for Carni, and he can use it without problem. So the fact this is hard to use to others (who can't gain benefit from the artefact) not really weakness.
    • The third too, it affect others, but no effect on Carni, as I read the sub, you wrote here this as a weakness, but similar effect is one of the special features of the weapon.
  • And you forgot to mention what happens with the scepter when it is under Force suppression, Force void effects. Please add this to the weaknesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom