Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The road goes ever on and on... (The Green Jedi Order)

floating_castle_by_anhii-d8a142u.jpg

Kian Karr had spent his fair share of time in many different Jedi structures. He'd been trained on Ossus and had founded a small Jedi Shadow Enclave there. He'd trained Jedi aboard The Gnost Dural and recently on The Sha Koon, and he had seen the wonderous beauty of the Silver Jedi Temple on Kashyyyk. But all of those amazing homes of the Jedi failed to live up to the majesty of the Jedi Temple of The Green Jedi Order. The large rock, covered in vegetation and life, floating precariously in the air and at the center, on the largest of those rocks, was the main structure. It was beautiful.

And a little terrifying.

"Kian," a voice said and Kian turned to see a welcome face, "it has been too long!" Koras Qual said wrapping Kian into a warm embrace. Kian returned the gesture with enthusiasm. He felt like it had been an eternity since the younger Jedi and he had cross paths.

"Koras," Kian said pushing the Selkath back and regarding him with a smile hidden beneath his mask, "You look well....getting rid of a padawan seems to suit you."

"Hey!" Soli Baris said from over Koras's shoulder and they all shared a laugh. She had recently moved from being Koras's apprentice to a Jedi Knight, and both older Jedi were very pleased by that fact.

"I do not know, she and I made a good team." Koras said, and Kian could understand all too well the note of regret in his force aura. For a Jedi, having a padawan mature and reach knighthood was both a moment of immense pride, and also loss. It was, what Kian imagined, it was like to have your children grow old and leave the nest.

"And will continue too." Kian said turning and leading them away from the main entrance of the temple, "You think I would break up two of the best Shadows I have. You should both plan to work together quite often....and get some padawans to drag along." Kian said laughing once more.

Kian walked just slightly ahead of the two leading them to the location they had set aside for today's gathering. Kian had gotten to spend time with some of the Jedi of The Green Jedi Order but had not gotten to meet and socialize with nearly as many as he had liked. So, with the permission of the other masters, he had arranged to have a meeting of the Green Jedi. A simple social gathering where everyone could rest from the hardship of combat or missions and just enjoy each others company.

Kian could not turn down the opportunity to use the beautiful scenery around them and so had selected to have this meeting outside in one of the nearby fields. It was a small field, surrounded by thick beautiful vegetation. The walkway through the woods that led to it had wild flowers springing up along it giving the air a light, perfumed scent. The Jedi had set up large round tables beneath a pavilion in the center of the field and there were stations set up with refreshments and light hand foods.

Most importantly, there was the sound of laughter and joy as younglings ran around the field chasing each other. Kian's work as a Shadow had often taken him into dangerous situations and dark places. Over the years he had learned that the best way to pull yourself out of those experiences and to enjoy the present was to spend time among children.

"Younglings!" Soli yelped cheerfully and darted off to join in their game of tag. It was a lesson Kian had passed on to the younger woman before passing her on to the capable hands of Koras to train.

"Go, get something to eat old friend," Kian said patting Koras on the shoulder, "Others will be here soon." Kian watched as Koras walked away then turned his attention to the laughing children, now all on top of Soli in a giant dog pile. He chuckled, the sound coming out in bursts of static from the mask and felt all tension leave his body.

Today would be a good day.

[member="Yula Perl"]
[member="Lisza Starseeker"]
[member="Jared Starchaser"]
[member="Ador Horn"]
[member="Marakai Al'Orren"]
[member="Ashani Kyp"]
[member="Andrik Perris"]
[member="Bernard of Arca"]
[member="Cambria Zadira"]
[member="Corrah Navo"]
[member="Danielle Stellaris"]
[member="Kahne Porte"]
[member="Kaleleon Seleare"]
[member="Kyle Torchwood"]
[member="Lisanne Escher"]
[member="Morteg"]
[member="Romi Jade"]
[member="Tatianna Kyp"]
[member="Val Ticon"]
[member="Vlyph Corobb"]
[member="Xander Carrick"]

Corrah Navo

C
Talking To: No one, yet​
Mood: Neutral​
dbepcb0-5aabb0fe-41ac-49be-98f9-68ef5567415f.png
nhGyzhJ.png

Knowing that the Jedi would be having a social gathering, Corrah tried putting an extra spring in her step and made her way quickly to the gardens. She was not yet traipsing around in traditional Jedi robes, even though she did have a set of her own. Besides being itchy and generally uncomfortable to wear, she thought it was more appropriate to wear them in an official capacity after her training had progressed beyond that of a simple padawan learner. It was a way to let others know who you were without having to say any words. For the most part, she believed that people had a certain level of respect for the Jedi still, and wearing the garments to show your rank could only bring more assurance to others.

For today's event, she'd chosen some simple linen clothing in shades of white and beige, contrasting sharply with the teal reflective scales spattered across her body like freckles. Her pants were tucked in securely to her boots and her shoulder length auburn hair was secured back in a half up-do. She entered the gardens and took a moment to take in her surroundings. She was socially awkward on even her best days. Her older sister was the social butterflyfish, not Corrah. Still, she would try to get out of her shell. Meandering to the refreshment center to get herself something to eat, seemed as good of a place to start as any.

Oftimes when visiting the temple, he did so to provide training to the elder padawans and knights that were on the path of the Guardian, as they so often ended up on the front lines of many battles across the galaxy. At times they would don armour, and would need to know how to move and fight in it, and on other occasions, he would be giving instruction in physical enhancement, or wielding a lightsaber in one of the few forms he knew, or other Force techniques that could be of use in certain situations. He would have sought to learn all the forms and so much more, himself, if war hadn't intervened so heavy on his own path... but it had been years since he was an active duty soldier. His life held much different purpose now.

A large part of that was the orphanage he and [member="Avalore Eden"] ran. Today, the visit to the temple was to show some of the children (his children, as they often chose to become), Jedi life outside of the Sanctuary on Cato Neimoidia. Though they were provided training at home, there was more to the galaxy than the gentle life that he and his wife provided, and some of the children, here and there, expressed the desire to help stem the tide of children being left in the wake of world after world being razed. To spare them the memories that each of his children had, if they were old enough to remember. These were the ones that fell under his specific instruction, and that of others like him, and under the leadership of people such as Coren Starchaser.

He'd never thought, as a fresh padawan, that he would one day be Eternal Jedi Dad, but it was a fulfilling life, and one that caused his beloved far less worry than in the days of the Galactic Alliance. The salt-and-pepper of his hair lent him a certain air, while old amphistaff acid scars told a story in his scalp, and down one side of his face.

"Hage," he intoned, commanding the attention of one of the girls, "what have I told you about picking yourrr nose?"

The Zeltron child rouged at being caught in the act - about as far as the red-skinned girl could blush - and sheepishly wiped the mined booger on the side of her trousers, which wasn't where it was meant to go either... but pick your battles. Clothes were washable.

"Ta not do it," she said, in hesitant embarrassment,"'less I wanna nosebleed again?"

He ruffled her brown hair, and eyed the rest of the little brood. Avol, about a year older than Hage and a Togorian, got a cocky look on his furred face, as if to gear up to say something, being the most likely to tease his siblings about their mistakes, but it died when Stali caught his eye. A little mild intimidation went a long way with kids.

"That's rrright. Now, go on, all of you, but stay wherrre I can see you."

They scattered almost as fast as a blink.

"And don't eat all the food!"

With: [member="Meeristali Peradun"]

The woman was exhausted, but nevertheless, she kept walking.

Dark auburn locks were tossed about in the breeze, unbound as she had left them, falling to her waist. She was unarmored for once, and the sensation was disconcerting in spite of the comfort and freedom civilian clothing offered. The scarred beskar and armorweave were a defense against so much more than enemies. It was a pass to being a woman of few words, and those were gruff at best.

That’s what came of over a decade of constantly being on the front lines. Wars, skirmishes, protracted battles...conflicts of every shape and size, from the time she had been a mere Padawan. War is what Mara did, and so often felt as if that was all she was. But she was good at it, and her driving thought was that better she be the one out there than someone less experienced or able. It was her calling, plain and simple.

But that didn’t mean she wasn’t exhausted and in desperate need of recharging, body, mind, and soul.

It had led her here, to Corellia, and the home of the Green Jedi Order. The temple complex was a sight to behold, and she drew in a deep, slow breath of the crisp, fresh air. She had trained on Coruscant, on Ossus, on Kashyyyk; on so many worlds with Jedi Temples and Enclaves. But this was something more, and she stopped to allow the moment to sink in deep. It wasn’t often that the Force gave her pause and made her stop to simply feel - her gifts didn’t really work that way.

It had happened only once before, and the memory of the Nexus on Monastery came bubbling up from where she kept it buried deep. Too much of it was entwined with memories of Mishel, and losing the young woman was still a weight that threatened to drag her into the depths and drown her. Mara had turned over every lead and bit of information that she could, but had found absolutely nothing to indicate where she might have been taken. Nothing at all. It was maddening.

She breathed in deeply again, bringing a semblance of calm to her racing thoughts, and brought herself back under a measure of control. It would have to be enough.

Fingers brushed the rough-looking hilts clipped to her belt and she managed to relax just a little bit more. Enough so that her cousin’s scent crossed her senses and brought a faint smile to her normally austere features. She hadn’t seen Stali in a very long time, though they had managed to keep in touch over holomessages and the rare holocall over the years. There was a part of her that longed to be in the midst of his and Avalore’s family, but at the same time, part of her wanted to avoid it at all costs.

It would have been too much to be reminded of her own failures even more than she already was.

Another deep breath, another measure of calm.

Mara needed time, and she was hopeful for a change, that she mind find a measure of it here. Steps carried her forward once more as fingers absently smoothed out the fitted deep blue tunic and leggings she was clad in. Her boots made noise upon the path she had chosen to take, drinking in the sights and sounds and energy of everything and everyone she passed. She didn’t need the Force to find her cousin, as her senses drew her to him unerringly.

“If they'rrre anything like we werrre at that age, therrre won't be a crrrumb left, you know.” she said quietly, coming up behind him though she made no effort to conceal herself. Years ago, she’d have tried to catch him unawares, but mercifully, she’d grown out of that. War and tragedy had tempered the woman she had become.

Kian watched from the shade of a small tree as guests started to arrive. It really was turning into a beautiful day, the light breeze cutting directly through his robes and cooling him. As he scanned the crowd, his eyes fell upon a Jedi he had not seen in quite some time. [member="Meeristali Peradun"], along with a number of children in tow, had arrived at the party. The children lingered with him for a few moments and then darted off to play with the others. Watching the man and another ([member="Marakai Al'Orren"]), Kian's mind was sudden set upon by a memory.

Manaan...a ridiculous floral pattern outfit...stunning two guards and a tight, uncomfortable ventallation shaft....

Kian began to chuckle to himself. The last time he'd seen the Felacatian Jedi they'd been on Manaan executing a complicated Shadow operation to destroy the One Sith embassy there....for the life of him he couldn't remember much more of the event, just the steadfast resolve and aid he'd received by the skilled Jedi.

Kian made his way over to the two. "Meeristali," Kian said clasping his hands behind his back and bowing at the waist, "It has been a long time!" Turning toward the other, Kian extended a hand, "I'm not sure if we've met, I'm Kian Karr,..." Kian said looking at the woman for a long moment. Jedi tended to have good memories, the force signatures of those they've met aiding in the recall process. As he looked at the woman, he found himself feeling as if they'd met somewhere before.

"....were you on Kashyyyk?" Kian asked, not sure if he'd guessed right, but something about her brought that invasion into his mind.

~ ~ ~​
If there was anything that Soli Baris liked to do, it was eat. It took her Jedi training just to handle balancing the food on the plate clasped in her left hand, her right hand was still reaching out to put more food on it.

"You can come back for seconds..." Koris said, the Selkath shaking his head in exasperation.

"The good stuff might be gone." She said, even though it was a ridiculous notion. There was plenty of food to go around.

"Some things never change." Koras said, laughing and turning to head to a table. As he did so, he saw a young Jedi approaching (@Corrah Navo). "I hope you're not hungry, it seems my former padawan is planning on eating everything." Koras said sarcastically and bowed a head to the younger Jedi.

"Koras, pleasure to meet you," He said and turned a webbed hand toward Soli, "Soli, my former padawan."

A great darkness had descended upon the Galaxy.

Eshan.

Tanaab.

Pantora.
Even that business in the Ebaq system...

The forces of Darkness were flowing again, unabated by the Jedi, aided by them in some cases. It had brought great trouble to the Jedi Master. Meditation had been the only thing he could do to calm himself as the Force cried out to him. Visions woke him in the middle of the night and distracted him during his waking hours. The Green Jedi needed to be strong for the Corellians and the Force both. He feared they would soon be the only light untouched by the shadows of the Dark. But even here they whispered. The criminal syndicates and pirates, the murderers and the cultists...

The small green Jedi walked through the trees before spotting a pavilion. It was one of the perks of not having their temple smack in the middle of the hustle and bustle of Coronet. It kept their youth and younglings free from the vices and temptations of the Dark Side common in large cities. Connected with nature they could feel the Force clearer here, though many saw their temple in the clouds as a pretentious luxury.

His eyes scanned the field, a group of younglings played and brought a toothy smile to his face. They were the future they needed to prepare for.

"Master Karr," he said as he approached the small gathering of Force users. "Good to see you it is. Friends you have brought to our temple?"

[member="Kian Karr"] [member="Marakai Al'Orren"] [member="Meeristali Peradun"]

He laughed, a soft, reminiscent sound.

"It would take all of them to put away what we could, when we werrre growing," Stali glanced sidelong at his cousin, citrine eyes catching the weathering of years on her face and in her stance, "well, Avol might be the exception..." before simply rounding and enveloping her in a crushing hug, "took you long enough to come arrround, Marrra."

Then, at hearing another on the approach, he released her, setting his gaze on [member="Kian Karr"], a hand still at his cousin's back.

"Manaan, yes..." he glanced off for a second, seeking out the faces of his children, then back to the Kel Dor, "...came away with some souvenirs, frrrom my time there," he said, gesturing to the acid scars in his scalp and on the right side of his face, "I could swearrr that worrrld always trrried to end me." He said with a light chuckle. His career as a Jedi of the old Republic saw him return to Manaan more than once, "Oh, Kian, this is my cousin."

His hand dropped to his side again, leaving an opening for [member="Marakai Al'Orren"] to introduce herself, just as [member="Morteg"] joined them.

With: [member="Meeristali Peradun"], [member="Morteg"], [member="Kian Karr"]

Her smile warmed her features and lent them a measure of ease that hadn't been present in the Force only knew how long. An unbridled sense of happiness, though it lasted but a moment or two, enveloped her even as Stali turned and offered a fierce an embrace as ever. She’d stayed away too long and she knew it, but his easy acceptance was just what she needed right then.

“You know me...always on a unique timetable even I can’t explain.” Mara grinned, returning the hug with an equal amount of enthusiasm before they pulled apart and Stali turned to introduce her to the newcomer.

“Master Karrrr.” she straightened and immediately accepted his outstretched hand, clasping it firmly in greeting. “It is a pleasurrre to finally meet you. I was indeed on Kashyyyk at the invasion, though I’m surrrprrised you rrrememberrrr. I was new to my Knighthood and barrrrely knew what I was doing.”

Her voice had a low, lyrical timbre to it, with a similar speech pattern given their common heritage and upbringing. Dark amber eyes had a feline glimmer to them as they glanced between Kian and the newcomer, who’s name she did not yet know. Warmed by a smile, she politely inclined her head to Morteg as she spoke.

“Frrrriends, indeed, I hope. I am Marrrakai, though everrryone simply calls me Marrra. It’s a pleasurrrre to meet you.”

Kian chuckled at Merristali's words and nodded his head. There did seem to be certain worlds that just kept providing danger. Kian would say they were unlucky....if he believed in luck! Kian regretted that he had not had much time to spend on Manaan outside of that war. It had cost the planet severely. Marakai, that was the name! He remembered her on Kashyyyk - he remembered much of that battle as it was the closest he'd ever come to becoming one with the force.

"I am glad it did not," Kian said to Merristali before turning his attention toward his cousin. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Mara."

"It is hard to forget one's failures," Kian said smiling sadly beneath the mask, "I was tasked with holding the bridge at that invasion....I failed. But we fought well and saved who we could." Kian said a bit more lightness bleeding into his words. "And if I remember correctly, you did quite well for a fresh Knight!"

Kian felt a familiar presence approach and he turned with a smile toward the diminutive Jedi Master Morteg. "Master Morteg," Kian said bowing his head humbly, "I am pleased that you were able to come." Casting his eyes around to take in the field and those inhabiting it. Kian could feel the life of the jungle around him, the lightside of the force strong there. "It is good for us to gather like this. So often when this many Jedi are together, it is because something terrible has happened....or is about to."

[member="Meeristali Peradun"] | [member="Marakai Al'Orren"] | [member="Morteg"]​

The Force had guided the Jedi Knight to Corellia, and now it was nudging her to stay awhile with the Green Jedi Order that resided on the reborn planet.

Cambria had always followed the will of the Force, well for the most part. Perhaps her contribution was needed here. If so, then she would do her best for them.

The Guardian had been wandering the galaxy for while now serving and defending the Light for the most part independently. When the New Jedi Order was shattered by the Lady of Secrets, the Rutian Twi'lek had followed Master Starchaser to the Outer Rim Coalition territory and helped him build his coalition to take on the Sith Empire. But in all honesty, Cambria needed something more concrete. A place to call home and grow herself further in the Ways of the Force so that she could be a better Jedi.

The floating mountains were majestic, and the Jedi temple built upon them even more so. The exotic beauty wearing her modified Jedi robes entered the hall and pushed back the hood of her sienna brown cloak over the Twi'lek head gear worn. Twin lekku unfolded graciously from around her neck, then draped back over shoulders to lay flat against her back. Booted heels clicked softly as Cambria strolled further into the temple.

Up ahead there was a group of mixed Jedi. The blue-hued Twi'lek made her way over to them, then gave a respectful bow and spoke when there was a break in the conversation. "Saluations... I am Knight Cambria Zadira. I have come to join you, if that is acceptable."

[member="Kian Karr"] | [member="Corrah Navo "]| [member="Meeristali Peradun"] |[member="Marakai Al'Orren"]​

Soli Baris might be capable of packing away a lot, but Andrik could easily beat the knight at it due to still being a growing boy of sixteen, but often his manners stayed him. A pile of nuna nuggets took one-quarter of his plate, sweet roasted charbote root and sautéed spiced stewfruit took another half of the plate, and the remaining quarter was occupied by a soft multigrain roll, and a thin sliver of aircake.

"Come on, Master Koris - being a Jedi works up an appetite," he interjected, "and if Knight Soli does eat too much, I could always use more duel practice to help her burn it off."

There was no such thing as too much practice. He plucked a nugget off his plate, and popped it into his mouth... and promptly pulled in air to help cool the still-too-warm breaded morsel as he chewed. He knew better, but the growl of his stomach sometimes got the better of him.

"Pafents, I know..." he said mid-chew, brows knit together, "...doan shell me"

[member="Kian Karr"] | [member="Corrah Navo "]

Corrah Navo

C
Talking To: Koras, Soli [[member="Kian Karr"]], and [member="Andrik Perris"]
Mood: Shy
dbepcb0-5aabb0fe-41ac-49be-98f9-68ef5567415f.png
nhGyzhJ.png
Corrah was about to reply, when another Jedi answered. She knew Padawan Perris by name only, a few group classes together being the extent of their interactions.

It wasn’t until that moment, when Corrah felt that old familiar coping mechanism of retreating within herself creep up. It would be easy enough to do, and run off with her food without saying another word. Product of losing your parents too young and being raised by an older sister who tried her best, but didn’t know what she was doing, and having a lack of social interactions. That was not what she did though. Instead, Corrah offered a friendly smile and planted her feet where she stood.

She needed to get to know the other Jedi she might serve alongside one day.

“In any case, congratulations on the promotion, Knight Soli, I am sure it is well deserved.” She reached for some of the endwa and a healthy serving of stewfruit (like her parents had taught her) and backed up to give room so others could approach the food table. She took a bite of stewfruit, chewed and swallowed, waiting for Perris to finish, quirking a brow as he tried to simultaneously chew and cool off the food rolling around in his mouth.

“I am Padawan Corrah Navo, by the way. It’s a pleasure to meet you all.”

"A pleasure to meet you it is, Mara." Kian's words weighed heavy on the small Jedi Master. Indeed he himself had been dealing with and working through visions of dark times ahead. He bowed his head and tucked his arms into his robes, nodding in agreement.

"Working, the Force is, to bring us together. Correct you are that a purpose this must have." Before he could elaborate further however a new presence made itself known. The Twi'lik Jedi Knight who called her self...

"Knight Zadria," Morteg said and turned to greet her. He cast a glance over at the younglings at play again and back to her with a toothy smile. "Brought you to us the Force has. Fools we would be to turn you away." It seemed the Force really was bringing Jedi to Corellia only further cementing to him that Kian's reading was correct.

Something was coming to Corellia again. What it was however he could not tell. The forces of Darkness still clouded his judgement he knew, but even in this cloud the Green Jedi needed to move forward, for the sake of Corellia.

[member="Cambria Zadira"] [member="Kian Karr"] [member="Marakai Al'Orren"] [member="Meeristali Peradun"]

Kian turned to take in new comer, nodding respectfully to his fellow Jedi. "Of course you are welcome to join us." Kian said, happy to have new guests arriving. Kian knew that they were all very busy with their respective duties, so to have them here was a wonderful thing. "I am Kian Karr, this is Morteg," Kian said casting his arm toward the small green Jedi Master, "And this is Meeristali and Mara," Kian said indicating the other Jedi as well, "I am, of course, assuming none of you have already met."

Kian clasped his hands behind his back, he was about to speak once more when he felt something strike him right on his backside. Turning around he saw a small ball sitting on the ground at his feet and when he glanced up, he saw several younglings giggling uncontrollably. One of them, however, whose face was rather red, was ducking down behind the group, attempting to make themselves invisible. Kian turned away from the group for a moment and lifted his hand, the ball grabbed in the force floated up into the air before him. "You should be running," Kian said menacingly. He opened his hand wide and sent the ball flying forward. The group scattered when the ball hit the first youngling, then moving his hand side to side, Kian thumped each one of them, one by one. It was a soft ball and it didn't hurt. Kian turned back to the group as the younglings behind him burst into another fit of laughter and went back to playing their game. It occurred to Kian that he may have just struck some of Meeristali's children.

"That'll teach 'em." Kian said the group in front of him, a wide smile not being seen behind the mask, but certainly being felt by those present.

[member="Morteg"] | [member="Cambria Zadira"] | [member="Marakai Al'Orren"] | [member="Meeristali Peradun"]​

~ ~ ~​
Koras chuckled at the Padawan's statement, turning to Soli. "I do believe he just warned you about getting fat." Soli gave the padawan a fake angry look and then began to laugh. "I'm not concerned," Soli said throwing more food on her plate, "with the mission Kian sends us on, we do get plenty of exercise. But should you ever want to duel....well, be careful what you wish for." Soli said winking at the young man in a friendly manner.

"Greetings Padawan Navo," Koras said in his thick Selkath accent, "it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance." At that, Koras popped one of the appetizers into his mouth and smiled with joy at the delicious pastry.

"Thank you," Soli said smiling warmly and brushing a stray piece of hair out of her eyes, "it was a long journey, but an enjoyable one. I did have one of the best masters around." Koras smiled warmly. "Kian was great." Soli said smiling mischievous and burst into laughter as Koras almost chocked on his food.

"You're going to be the death of me," Koras said after a few moments once he'd caught his breath from coughing. After a moments pause, he turned to the two padawans. "So how are you liking your time among The Green Jedi?"
[member="Andrik Perris"] | [member="Corrah Navo"]​

Corellian Jedi. The idea didn’t quite seem to fit. Jedi were all peace and love and healing. Corellians were loud, risky, rough around the edges. How was that supposed to work, smooshing the two together?

Settling herself on an outcropping of stone wall inside the temple’s entrance, Yula sat and observed while carefully peeling an apple-like fruit with a knife. Far from antisocial, the Zeltron was content to play as the fly on the wall until she found a comfortable opening. Would they be more like the Force users of the Outer Rim, some of whom didn’t even carry a lightsaber? The only ‘green’ Jedi she knew of was @Julius Sedaire, and that was because of her mother’s connection. Was [member="Coren Starchaser"] one? He sure was reckless enough.

While the Zeltron hung back a wallflower, Emily delved into her curiosities further by scuttling around the temple, stopping every so often to scan something interesting. The little spider droid was friendly and generally stayed in the vicinity of her partner, though occasionally she would scamper behind walls or down hallways.

Vaguely aware of her droid’s meandering, Yula speared a slice of apple on the tip of the knife and chewed thoughtfully, making up back stories for each of those present in her head.

[member="Kian Karr"] | [member="Morteg"] | [member="Corrah Navo"] |[member="Andrik Perris"] |[member="Cambria Zadira"] |[member="Marakai Al'Orren"] | [member="Meeristali Peradun"]

How long had it been, Ten years, Fifteen? It was hard to keep track of it all. For the Tusken that was out of his time, he hardly kept track of the years anymore. It had been so many years since waking up on that derelict station, he tried to forget a lot of things. From the horrors of the Clone Wars, to this time period where the Force felt even more out of balance. Did he try to leave it all behind? Yes, he did. There was a time when he was once a simple family man, a farmer of course. Old Jak they used to call him. But even so that was another life, and that family either was dead or simply did not care for him. So where did the Jedi Master go for so many years, the answer to that was simple of course. He retreated back to the desert sands of his homes, made a new family out of a band of fellow Tuskens, raiding moisture farmers and just trying to survive when the Confederacy of Independent Systems took over the world.

For years, he tried to leave everything behind, what he once knew as a Jedi thought lost, and assumed that he would die as the last of his kind. A far older breed of Jedi that is, there was even a time when he joined a group of rebels to attack the Sith in his paranoia. All in the past one could say, as he returned to his exile and vowed to take the Barash Vow. A sacred vow among one of the oldest of Jedi traditions, it was when refrained from anything related to the Jedi, and as a type of penance focused on nothing but the Force itself. For years the man had kept such a vow, but now he had broken it curious to see what the galaxy was like after so many years. Weather or not the man could perhaps bring wisdom and enlightenment to some from his solitude.

Upon venturing from his home, using stolen credits to gain passage out of Tatooine, he traveled to a world he had not been to in centuries. Corellia, he had heard much of what happened upon reawakening. How the world was broken, conquered by the Sith and than later rebelled, and than after many years declared a new sovereign nation had emerged, and with that rumors of a new type of Jedi. The Green Jedi. It had fascinated him, as he had often wondered if they were the same or different frocm the Silvers, the crusading band that was the Alliance Jedi. For Jakkor, upon hearing the group he wished to implore perhaps a different path to the Jedi, one of reflection, of peace. While defense is necessary in these dangerous times, as Yoda often told him that Battle was not the way of the Jedi.

After days of travel in an old cargo freighter, he had made his way to Coronet City, a now thriving metropolis than the hell hole it used to be. From than on it took a day to reach the Sahsahlah Mountains, where he had reopened himself to feel the Force once more. Walking, clad in what looked to be a desert style Jedi Robes, one that respected his people's traditions and customs. He walked into the entrance, feeling a sense of archaic mysticism within the very walls. Feeling Force Signatures all around, he ventured to where he would find such beings, and what would become of him in this uncharted territory.

[member="Yula Perl"] [member="Kian Karr"] @Morteg @Corrah Navo [member="Andrik Perris"] [member="Cambria Zadira"] [member="Marakai Al'Orren"] [member="Meeristali Peradun"]

Home. He had made it without fanfare or incident. Reconnecting with Sel ha been... As it always was. But he had came to see where the Order had gone during his sabbatical. Without a doubt, it ran the risk of running into his son. But... The boy was better off with Julius leaving. So far, he had maintained a very strict policy of anonymity and secrecy. Now, however, that would end. He didn't come back in a crisis, to lead some tiny group against a towering foe. Just to see what had become of the greater part of his life's work.

For the occasion, he hadn't even bothered to really do much other than choose his least battered garments and clean up from the journey. His hair was still almost shoulder length and wild, beard full and long with both sprayed heavily with salt of age rather than the pepper of youth. A simple white linen shirt, brown suspenders with navy trousers sporting the First Class Bloodstripes won in the battles with the One Sith, tucked neatly into polished black leather boots. A battered brown leather longcoat favored by Corellian of his generation hung over it all, and two lightsabers hung on his belt, one to each hip. Openly worn for the first time in years, a Jed-Cred hung on a light bronzium chain around his neck.

Upon seeing 'Stali though, his eyes lit with pure joy. They had been young and idealistic idiots together when the Galactic Alliance was just forming. Slipping down from the window, that overlooked the scene from above, he didn't so much as walk down to join the others as sort of just suddenly blink into being.... Appearing next to [member="Yula Perl"] in an odd ripple of the air and the Force. He tugged at an imaginary hat in greeting to her and winked rougishly, then began sauntering over to stand behind quite possibly his oldest friend.

Spreading his legs into an at ease stance, he took a moment to look at the changes time had wrought in his old companion, before he spoke. The accent was low, slow, and heavy on the drawl. A high-born accent for those native to the planet. But the expression was mischevious, one arm of flesh and bone crossed over a cybernetic limb made by his friends within the Aing-Tii, both resting across his chest. Conscious effort shed the suppression of his aura and hiding himself, as he spoke.

"You got old, Meeristali. Nine Hells, how did you let that happen?"

[member="Kian Karr"] | [member="Yula Perl"] | [member="Jakkor Kess"] | [member="Morteg"] | [member="Andrik Perris"] | [member="Corrah Navo"] | [member="Meeristali Peradun"] | [member="Marakai Al'Orren"] |

Morteg said:
"Knight Zadria," Morteg said and turned to greet her. He cast a glance over at the younglings at play again and back to her with a toothy smile. "Brought you to us the Force has. Fools we would be to turn you away."
Kian Karr said:
Kian turned to take in new comer, nodding respectfully to his fellow Jedi. "Of course you are welcome to join us." Kian said, happy to have new guests arriving. Kian knew that they were all very busy with their respective duties, so to have them here was a wonderful thing. "I am Kian Karr, this is Morteg," Kian said casting his arm toward the small green Jedi Master, "And this is Meeristali and Mara," Kian said indicating the other Jedi as well, "I am, of course, assuming none of you have already met."
"That the Force has with certainty, Master Morteg, and I am looking quite forward to finding out the why of it too," Cambria nodded to the small, green Yoda-like Jedi with a friendly smile gracing her naturally berry-colored lips, then the Knight's golden eyes flicked up and over to the tall Kel Dor in the group who spoke.

"Thank you for the welcome and introductions, Master Karr... And I do not believe we have officially. It is an honor to meet you all," the blue-skinned Twi'lek canted her head respectfully with a gracious swish of her lekku to those standing nearby.

~*~​

[member="Kian Karr"] [member="Corrah Navo"] [member="Meeristali Peradun"] [member="Andrik Perris"] [member="Marakai Al'Orren"] [member="Morteg"] [member="Yula Perl"] [member="Jakkor Kess"] [member="Julius Sedaire"]​

A man can change his stars
Saying that I felt a little out of place, was an understatement. It had been quite a bit since I had been with the Green Jedi and the Corellian Confederation. Why? My mentor, teacher, and Master, had told me to return home. To speak to my father and to let him know that I am okay, that I will be following and treading my own path. Not one that my own mother had set for me. While I did admit that she had helped me to discover what I wanted to do, I was still unsure of the exact thing I needed to be.

I was still a shadow of who I was supposed to be.

It hit me hard to know that my mind was still so focused upon this, that my companion droid Anon reached over and placed his metallic hand over my shoulder. It was firm but gentle. Letting me know that he was there. However, the voice and his reasoning did not match what a normal being of the galaxy would have done.

"They say that a hand on the shoulder comforts humans when they are stressed, or deep in thoughts."
"That is correct Anon."
"Good. Now don't be so stressed."
"Easier said than done."
"Well then spar with someone. You always seem to be less, stressed as they say, after we spar."
"No this is a more formal gathering. Not a mix of random events."
"The-"
"Anon. Please return to our quarters. I'd like to be left alone right now."
"Very well."

The large frame of the droid simply walked away. But with the clothing and gear that adorned the droid, with the slight hunched back, made it seem as though Anon was almost upset or even shamed as he walked away from me. Returning out the doors we had just passed and onward to the quarters assigned to us. Closing my eyes, I breathed in slowly, and deeply. Centering myself and attempting to regain any kind of composure of my emotions, and steel myself.

Entering into the main hall, I could see a bunch of new faces I had never seen before. All daunting in their presence. I could feel their power, their pure controlled minds. And that was it. Daunting for me, I stepped forward in and even saw a couple children among the group. Likely younglings, or a child of the people visiting. Once more, I breathed deeply, and released it slowly.

It was like starting all over again.

[member="Cambria Zadira"], [member="Julius Sedaire"], [member="Jakkor Kess"], [member="Yula Perl"], [member="Kian Karr"], [member="Morteg"], [member="Corrah Navo"], [member="Andrik Perris"], [member="Marakai Al'Orren"], [member="Meeristali Peradun"],

Talking To: No one...Yet

Perpetually late to everything it seemed, the StealthX containing Jedi Master Avoim Oeymo slowly came to a stop in one of the hangers of the Temple. His Venator, Tython’s Hope, was in a high orbit of the planet simply parked in orbit whilst the Master was to see to this Temple. He had heard of it from some of his old contacts in the alliance, but he was unsure of its true versatility. The Repulsor’s of the StealthX hummed softly, in fact so softly they were impossible to hear unless one was using the Force to augment their hearing.

Avoim powered the systems of his StealthX down, and popped open the canopy of his fighter. There was no one around, despite him having not gotten more permission that those needed to enter the gravity well of the planet from one of the orbital stations. He slowly got out of the cockpit, as he did he wrapped the Force around him as if it were a cloak, testing the skills of the Jedi assembled in this place. The Master was curious as to what the reactions of those gathered would be to feeling his presence and then suddenly not.

He turned his attention to the R9 unit sat in the droid socket of his fighter and said to it “Keep the ship prepped for take off in case this meeting goes...poorly Vee-Three.” Avoim then began to walk away, the very sound of his boots silenced by his abilities in the Force, before turning around and speaking softly to the droid “Oh...and keep the stealth systems engaged, don’t need them knowing about the ship off their radars alone.” The whole time the ship was flying into the area the stealth systems on it were running, making it so only visual means could be used to spot its silhouette.

Avoim then began to walk through the corridors of the temple, wondering just who all he would walk into whilst doing so, he wondered if anyone here would be a Jedi he had met in the past. Only time could tell at this point, and the man was quite eager to see what would happen next...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom