Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Return of Palpatine idea

Hi guys I would like some feedback on my idea on the Return of Emperor Palpatine as an imprint of who he was at the height of his power. I would like to bring him back in a campaign. He'll still be dead but the final nail in the coffin that will allow him to finally be buried in the past will be set in this idea of mine. This would be his last contingency plan after his death to ensure that he would be the strongest Sith Lord in the entire galaxy known after his death. He did not share this knowledge with Darth Vader however. There would be a series of events, culminating in the events in the campaign roleplay, called Fall of the Sith Lord. So please let me know if this is a good idea or if I should make this campaign about the end of the Sith Empire.

I love when people run with their imagination, however to bring Palpatine back just wouldn't feel right to me at all. He's definitely an iconic villain and a staple in the Star Wars Universe, but that said, I feel like to bring him back again, just to be killed again, would be redundant and unoriginal. Perhaps if you fleshed out more details you could change my view of this, but I think and fresher option would be to have a different big bad that hasn't been gone back to so often in both Canon and Legends.

Eslo Anderson Eslo Anderson simply put, due to these rules: https://www.starwarsrp.net/ams/character-creation.2907/

Canon Star Wars Characters are not allowed

You will not be able to execute [order 66] your idea.

The only way you conceivably do this without breaking rules is if it's established that this is not the real Palpatine in any form, and this is someone else's plan to use his likeness for some purpose.

Or, alternatively if you're set on the idea, just run the thread with the "Non-Canon" tag and you're good to go.

Reactions: Jsc
The idea of someone taking his likeness and passing it off as the real Palpatine come back from the dead to secure the loyalty of any Imperials who would recognize him and claim legitimacy based on his empire could be a really cool way to take the campaign. Mystery, intrigue, and the sense that not everything is as it seems could be a lot of fun. Sort of a way to try and unite the many empires under one ruler perhaps.

Grey Jedi Padawan/Cinnamon Roll
The idea of someone taking his likeness and passing it off as the real Palpatine come back from the dead to secure the loyalty of any Imperials who would recognize him and claim legitimacy based on his empire could be a really cool way to take the campaign. Mystery, intrigue, and the sense that not everything is as it seems could be a lot of fun. Sort of a way to try and unite the many empires under one ruler perhaps.
And maybe unite the many Jedi Orders against one enemy

• Sadge
Reactions: Jsc
Well thankfully I have a character that looks like Emperor Palpatine, Darth Vird, also there have been many chosen ones throughout the years, this includes, Revan, Anakin Skywalker, and so on. They all had one thing in common, they all had a primary impact on the Star Wars Galaxy.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
There was this Disney movie once. I think they called it Rise of Skywalker. It was written by J.J. Abrams and Chris Terrio. I'll go ahead and spoil the plot, but anyway, long story short. Palpatine comes back from the dead. Then, in a great final battle between "All the Sith" and "All the Jedi", he is defeated by Rey Skywalker.

Anyway. It's a silly movie that barely anybody saw. So I think your idea is still pretty original. Just remember we don't use canon characters on this board and I think you'll do fine. So, maybe swap out Palpatine himself for a new character from his bloodline and yeah. There ya go.

Eslo Anderson Eslo Anderson
I'm going to have to pull you up and shut this down I'm afraid - the rule Fatty Fatty mentioned above applies to anyone pretending to be or masquerading as a canon character as well.

We moved the timeline 800 years forward to have a clear break from canon. Past events can be mentioned but you can't RP as any canon character, even if it's only pretending to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom