Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Republic Wants You! [Jedi, Soldiers, Pilots, and Senate Guard Ahoy]

Strong words for a man who supports a government who is just as callous and apathetic to life as mine.

The high horse isn't actually that high.

The only difference is that my people don't have to pretend to be anything other than what we are.

[member="Dallen Thayne"]

[member="Jack Sparrow"] - I like being my own boss a little too much. Too many rules with your kind. Support you enough, and come a time won't be room for naughty men like me to fly. Maybe friends some day, but not co-workers I think.

[member="Darth Vornskr"]

"Hollow words when anyone can see the amount of humanitarian effort the Republic puts into damaged worlds. Most often the victims of your government.​ And odd to call the Republic callus when it is most own defending and hardly been an aggressor who destroys. We have had troubled times, corrupt politicians, but we have shined as well. There has been good and bad, and even if you highlight the failures it does not erase the efforts of those who performed with honor and dignity. Nor the good that the Republic has certainly done. As I have said, even I do not seek for people to forgive the failures you seek to focus so keenly on, but I ask only that instead those same people rather than let themselves turn to hatred, turn their efforts to making the Republic worth the sacrifices of those who believe and who uphold the dignity and duty of those who let it shine."

[member="Glavo Pahro"]

"Your support of us is more than enough. If the Republic's law does not sit well with you you are free to follow others. All the same I hope you wouldn't mind if the Republic ever sought out the aid of you and yours with your skills. People suffer around the galaxy, some in harder to reach places than others, especially for the Republic. People who know their way around could carry the relief for us for a reasonable compensation. Regardless if you ever find any who don't mind too many rules well let them know where to find a Republic embassy or garrison."

[member="Project Uriel"]

"The more people in blue the better. The citizens deserve able protectors and the senators who we rely on for governance require the security to do their work. We're happy to have you."

[If ya want I can have you added to a PM where the Senate Guard members right now were planning an RP to bust some criminals]

[member="Dallen Thayne"]

I was teasing, though it'd be fun for a subplot for you to leave an unstoppable (and expendable) killing machine in the way of someone, maybe that mr sparrow leaves behind as he exits :D

One day I shall make another republic alt but I have character overload at the minute!

Honor.

Dignity.

Such worthless words for a worthless people.

The Republic is a paper wall that tears with scrutiny, run by ignorant idealists who think that its their duty, and that of the Force, to shield the weak and innocent from nature itself. The Republic and Jedi are anathema to everything natural and orderly in the galaxy, holding steadfast to a belief that glorifies apathy and demonizes passion and personal growth.

If you think that those who continue to lead the Republic are in it for the greater good or the common people then you are as delusional as the most depraved madman, for they are unwilling to give up the political power they so carelessly wield in the face of annihilation. I don't blame them, power is the sweetest fruit. But even as the already blood stained blade edges closer to their throats they are all too content to continue stuffing their faces.

But realizing that everything you stand for and everything you believe in is a lie is a hard pill to swallow.

Perhaps one day you will come to understand the nature of the universe as those that have abandoned the futility of such inept democratic institutions as I have, or you will go the way of those you idealize.

Straight to the grave.

[member="Dallen Thayne"]

Darth Vornskr said:
If you think that those who continue to lead the Republic are in it for the greater good or the common people then you are as delusional as the most depraved madman, for they are unwilling to give up the political power they so carelessly wield in the face of annihilation.
I came into power on the heels of corruption and scandal, during one of the darkest periods in the Republic's recent history. Everything you say is rubbish, no matter how you try to dress it up with elevated speech and flowery prose. My intent is to make the Republic great on the deeds of its citizens, not on the backs of its politicians.

You're entitled to your opinion, of course, even if it is complete and utter bollocks.

Izevel Zambrano said:
Isn't best to let dead dogs lie?
I mean being active does not equate being able to win invasions nor does it give you the ability to do anything worthwhile.
Vo1ee.gif

[member="Darth Vornskr"]

"Now your words are strong this time around Sith. What you just said more than anything else is where you should have began. If you believe that the people of the Republic lack the ability to grow then I feel proud to be doing my job properly. By being a shield to them they can grow, they can struggle, strive, fall, and stand up, without the threat of oppression hanging over their heads. I am not a man of politics, but I am neither stupid nor ignorant. I know the mess that politics ensues, I understand the depravity of several who have shamed the rest. However, if it is a lie that myself and the rest of those who stand for their duty stand for and believe in. Then that doesn't matter. If it is just a lie now then it doesn't matter. We simply have to make the lie the reality then, no matter how much patience it requires. The galaxy changes my dear Sith. Someday that power you find sweet will vanish if you lose sight of how you came to hold it. Just as those who hold power here and wield it improperly will lose it, slowly, surely, as we aspire to become better, no matter the times we stumble since we know that the reality we desire is possible in some way."

[member="Izevel Zambrano"]

"What's wrong with wanting more friends? Do you not have any? They're rather great to have. Makes it easier to have adventures to tell the rookies someday when I'm old. I mean you should see the incredible tale concocted by master Rafeesh and myself, ah those poor traumatized Padawans. I hope to have more friends like them to share more amazing times with in the future. The more the merrier. In fact exactly that, go make more friends, you need a merry look in your eye."

sabrina

[member="Izevel Zambrano"] is that not what germany (also a lot of the world) said to britain after dunkirk, we where beat and should just admit it.

[member="Darth Vornskr"] genocided a planet (Probably plural). Not really a position to argue on. But still trying to catch up to him on the whole dying and coming back thing. One resurrection down. So many more to go, but I'll top you yet.

[member="Dallen Thayne"] What's the status and culture of the Jedu enclave like? I may come back in due time.

I'm considering bringing an old alt to the Republic. Younger laddy called Evok Halver. Originally he was a beast-taming, salvaging, force-using character, but I'm thinking about making him an NFU and having him join the Senate Guard. Not sure yet, though.

Baroness Magrath

B
Gentlemen, please, put them back in your pants or measure them elsewhere.

[member="Dallen Thayne"]
[member="Darth Vornskr"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom