Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Red Plom Bloom Charity Gala (FWC, Open to everyone)

The Gala was starting to gain momentum. Faith walked slowly down the back stairs from the upper levels to the lower level and the Grand Ballroom. There would be no fanfare this was not about Alderaan or its Queen this Gala was about people who were homeless, sick, and scared.

Faith wore a simpler gown for this evening she was a bit rounder through the hips as she grew older sometimes she could still shimmy into the form fitted gowns that Claire designed so well but tonight long and flowing was what made her comfortable. Then to add just a little bit of glamor to her outfit she wore one of the crowns created by the artisans of Aldera.

Bekka immediately joined Faith at the bottom of the stairs, "Evening Mam. I have a list of the current guests - [member="Ever Dawnracer"] | [member="Marina DeVoe"] | [member="Nilia Saavilin"] | [member="Tristram Senan"] | [member="Tavi Riley"] | [member="SN-1411"] | [member="Kensic Varais"] | [member="Alexander Sannes"] | [member="Sor-Jan Xantha"] | [member="Chikako Liona"] | . Faith mentally noted the Alderaani and the visitors.

"Well then shall we mingle." She looked around and saw that Marina was in conversation with SN. She couldn't help but smile when she noted that Sor-Jan was here he was quite the distinguised little gentleman. The Minister Of music was somewhere she had heard through the rumor mill and he was not alone. Interesting. Well...time to talk and get donations.

She nodded and smiled as she made her way to the center of the room, she preferred talking from here instead of on some small dais where everyone had to look up at her. Here they were all equals.

"Good evening honored Guests, Thank you accepting the invitation to come to Alderaan this evening. As you know there is a growing need to support the refugees coming out of the sectors of the galaxy where darkness is rising. Anything you can donate will be appreciate. It doesn't have to be credits, it can be supplies, it can be the offer of jobs, or taking in families to help them get started again. Please give as you can." She nodded,

"Otherwise enjoy the music, the food and the lovely warm breezes. I hope to speak with you all tonight." She smiled nodded and then walked towards the edge of the circle that had grown around her as she spoke. This is what Alderaan was about helping others, helping peace, helping to represent peace and light.

Alderaan, New Aldera City, New Aldera Palace, Undetermined Time | Thunder

As the Queen made her speech Nilia perked up, turning her head to look at the centre of the room and to the striking figure in blue. She soon found herself nodding along in agreement to the Queen's words, her head already alive with ideas sparked by what had been said; The Sovereignty was already accepting plenty of refugees into its territory and organizations, perhaps they could expand such a program to include more displaced individuals, families, give them new starts away from the hellfire of the Great Galactic War...

That only brought a reminder of the fact that all too soon her own faction would be at the forefront of combat, brave sons and daughters marching to war. It sent a cringe through the Senator, only forcing her to take a long drink of her particularly fierce concoction to wash the bitter taste away with strong liquor. Tonight wasn't the place for such thoughts of conflict and death, tonight was about peace and the ever-present feeling charity, a sacred feeling. Nilia held onto that as she waited for the emotions to pass.

Soon enough she was far too enraptured in the atmosphere to even recall what she had been momentarily distressed by. The young Senator had never been to Alderaan, admittedly, and she was glad to have made the trip for this gala. As a waiter passed by with delightful little pastries the Senator eagerly stopped him to grab one, setting it on a napkin before beginning to nibble at the treat, whilst her brain began to work on a strategy for approaching all those who could be beneficial to know present at the party. First, food. Then, gladhanding. Yes. Sound strategy, Nil.

Nobody, yet ;)

The man stirred from his slumber looking more like some teenager who's mother had just woken then up after like midday, having a rather messing looking about himself, the casual clothes, ruffled up hair, the works. His manner of voice however ever was much different, it was refined like her own, the way the Echani described the night air and people in this place was very fitting of someone of high birth, not your average commoner, or perhaps he was just being polite for her benefit, or maybe had been around politicians that they had picked up on the way they talk.

Like per standard greeting Chikaki gave the man a small curtsy, "My name is Chikako Fredrika from house Liona, it is a pleasure to meet you, may I know you name sir"? She awaited the mans answer but it had seemed the party was starting to get more interesting as [member="Faith Organa"] stepped forward, giving the assembled crowd a warm welcome and speech, your standard greeting as a event as such, even the whole enjoy the music and what not, but for some reason her voice carried something else along with her words. The young Noble gave a small clap before returning back to the companion, eager to continue their conversation, "Sorry about that, no where were we".

Talking to: [member="Alexander Sannes"]
[member="Nilia Saavilin"] (You can join me it you want)

Ah oasis! Tristram had managed to trundle on through the crowd to the drinks showing off his inelegance for such high social functions the entire way. He had gotten plenty of looks because of this, but that didn't matter now. What did matter was the sweet nectar of his life finally having a chance to grace his lips.... Then the bartender gave him a look. No asking for his preference. No pushing of the specialty of the evening. No, none of the usual affair that made the average outing to places of liquor worship so pleasant and social. Things really were different and Tristram was just going to have to sort it out for himself what he wanted with no real jumping off point.

Tristram was fine drinking pretty much anything given to him no matter how nasty or fruity it might be, so he just pointed to the first drink he saw someone had and asked for it. This action got him a raised brow as it seemed he had just ordered an Appletini. A woman's drink as most would classify it no matter how good it might taste. He didn't believe in that sort of gender restricting drink nonsense as all it did was make it easier for a drunk to sort out what they might be hitting on at the moment.

It was during this rather irreverent ritual of ordering the water of the heavens that the person who Tristram had pointed towards spoke to him. All they had to say was that he looked stiff because of the suit. He turned his head towards them and saw that they were a woman. Well that explained the gender biased drink and she was right. He did look stiff in the suit. As his drink was set in front of him, he replied, " Aye? Better stiff than a puddle though." She had looked away from him. A flirt or just trying to fill the silent void this mute bartender had created? Either way, he picked up his drink and sipped from it without shame in front of all these good people.

[member="Ever Dawnracer"]

Ever Dawnracer

E
"Better comfortable than caring about appearances," she said in response, this time not looking at him.

She'd spotted a familiar face in the crowd, and was sure she'd get around to talking to him at some point, but for the time being she was perfectly content to hang out near the alcohol and have her fill of the free beverages. Not so much that she got all sloppy, of course. That would be unbecoming of a representative of the Republic. Not to mention the fact that it would result in her letting her guard down which could result in worse things happening. Even there, among the elite with plenty of guards to keep things safe, she was wary of those around her. It was just the nature of being a Ranger. As time was going on, she found herself less and less drawn to being around people.

That didn't mean she had no desire to chat with them, however. She wasn't that far gone.

"I take it you're like me and find the alcohol more interesting than the rest of the attendees?"

Not that they were all dull. No doubt there were some shining stars among them. It could turn out that the stiff in the suit was one of those shining stars, but that had yet to be seen. For now she was more interested in taking stock of the people that were present, perusing them and wondering if any of them were threats, like spies. There were always spies at these things. Undoubtedly someone among the throng of people was there for all the wrong reasons. She almost wished she'd been briefed on counter-intelligence so she could at least entertain herself with rooting out the spy among them. But alas, that was not the case. She would have to settle for conversation instead.

[member="Tristram Senan"]

Gathering both her skirts and her courage, Nilia soon left the bar and began to mingle.

A few dignitaries paused for a word with the young Senator, who she happily obliged with short conversations and numerous platitudes. Everyone was abuzz with the hot topics of the night, eager to discuss the Sovereignty's policies for war evacuees or relief programs for affected systems with the lone representative. It wasn't anything she couldn't handle, of course, but a part of her had begun to get very tired very quickly of the same depressing discussions coming up with everyone she spoke to.

Some people did catch her eye, however. A young Echani representative, whom Nilia was certain felt somewhat familiar, though she was also certain they'd never met before. It was the air around her, Nilia eventually determined, it reminded her of something, something she couldn't quite place. And soon the politician found herself working through the various social circles towards the younger girl, who was already pre-occupied with speaking to an older Echani man, in the hopes of a greeting. Srina was the last I met, she recalled with a polite smile as she clearly awaited her turn for introductions as the two talked, idly working the silk of her dress between her fingers in an admittedly nervous habit, so perhaps I'm not so out of my depth here.

Starting to get in with [member="Chikako Liona"] & [member="Alexander Sannes"] :D

Marina DeVoe

Not a flight attendant... just a risk.
Marina were not just being polite, she had genuine interest in how it came to pass that sentient droids could have achieved actual independence.
It had been explained to her on a few occasions by computer programmers and architects, but their explanations were more closely related to one whom were acquiring a doctorate degree in AI. Marina although highly educated and having herself acquired a doctorate degree in the political sciences, just was not comprehending their theoretical explanations on the variable algorithms and matrix of a digital processor. Hence, her staying within her learned skill in politics.

But who better could understand human perception, to simplify a multi variable complex explanation down to a few condensed sentences than a sentient droid. As thus, [member="SN-1411"] simplification as to his awareness, Marina quite got it.
Well, in simple terms that is. And it were quite an eye opener..like a sort of revelation.
She stopped walking and turned to SN-1411 , in an almost surprised manner.
"Now why couldn't those geniuses explain it to me in those terms?" She said, shaking her head.

"You won't believe the agony I had to go through listening to all that mumbo-jumbo, for hours the first time I showed interest and asked. Then you'd think I'd learned better then to go ahead and ask someone else months later to be put again through such...such...gah!... " She laughed at her futile effort to explain the torture of boredom beyond human limits...or at least normal non-genius human limits."
Yes, she had pretty much given up on asking the nerds as to how sentient droids could come to exist. How difficult could it have been for those brainiacs to put it in simple terms and explanation as SN-1411?

Marina then took a moment to decline on a tray of finger foods that a server came around to offer her.

"SN-1411..." Marina turned her attention back to the droid. "... so my understanding is, you were suddenly processing..or rather, becoming aware of your programming and..and were able to understand it? I mean, not just follow it's parameters and prime directives..but actually understanding them and...questioning, 'why'?" This was so eye opening for her that things she had only skimmed over and yawned at, started to all piece together.
Now it weren't like a floodgate opened and she magically understood all...no. But SN-1411 had simply and efficiently put it in terms that she readily understood. And once that spark got lit, the rest were not that distant to piece it all together like a jigsaw puzzle.

Of course, Marina's nature were not to stop when suddenly she got going. But before she could press SN-1411 further, her majesty Queen Organa was announced that she were making her entrance.
Marina put her hand on SN-1411's arm like she would to an organic being, gesturing that they would continue at another time. Marina's attention along with most of the guests and staff, stooped all that they were doing and gave the queen their undivided attention.

It were a well presented and to the point short speech. marina were quite surprised by the Queen's consideration as to not make it overly drawn out, but as direct as one could. She among many there gave a light but steadfast applaud. And why not? It were why Marina herself was here...not just at this gala, but doing her part to better the lives of those who suffered.

The protocol droid was suddenly able to have a rather pleasant feeling internally. Like he was glad that someone had taken a genuine interest in what he had so say, and was showing gratitude on how he said it. If SN could beam a smile he would. But all he at to offer as this blank, inhuman expression that he was designed with.

When she asked her second question he thought for a moment on how to explain it. He always considered himself a prodigy at robotics and programming. So he could very easily explained it with the same amount of thrill as 1s and 0s could provide. But gave a more, down to earth explanation. "Well you see Miss Devoe, for quite a while I wasn't fully aware of such things. My effort and desire to gain self awareness was actually quite calculated. You see, I was told about how it could be achieved. So my semi-sentient self figured that I could be so much more with my programming if I could go beyond programmed protocols. In a way, it was to maximize productivity from myself. It was in no way a very romantic effort to have a sense of self. It was cold, and calculated."

He hopped that would give her a better understanding on what can go through the mind of a simple droid in pursuit for self awareness. But after [member="Marina DeVoe"] touched his arm in a non-verbal way to say that they could continue this conversation later, he looked in the eyes and gave an nodded. Then as her majesty came out he'd give her his full attention. When he clapped along with everyone else he felt kinda awkward, since it sounded kinda like two small pots colliding together.

A regular conversation at a fancy event? Well this was a pleasant surprise. Tristram did notice how this woman was watching the room more than she was paying attention to him. Was she looking for someone in particular? This conversation could all just be some kind of intelligence operation cover while she discovered what ever bit of info it was she was after. The signs of a flirty behavior. The silent bartender. The clearly out of place extra drinking the wrong kind of drink for someone in there position nearly ruining the moment. He was clearly in a spy movie!

After a slight chuckle to himself that was both to his own internal joke and to her last comment, Tristram said, " Depends on the drink. No one is more interesting than good drink." Well she seemed to be bored so he figured why not indulge her. " Except you of course." He gave her a little grin to let her know he wasn't being serious. How creepy would that have been if he was? Course this wouldn't be any respectable bar if there wasn't at least one creeper seriously hitting on someone they just met. Granted it was already too late for being respectable now with the mute behind the counter. A couple of sips of his Apple Tini and then Tristram said, " So what about you? You here for the free drinks or the fancy people?"

[member="Marina DeVoe"] | [member="Nilia Saavilin"] | [member="Chikako Liona"]

There were a number of faces to engage and one particularly drew Faith's attention she glanced over to Marina who had made her way to her. She nodded, "We must always be sure to engage everyone when they visit. It often proves a task but I find it fascinating to talk too so many different people. Such as that young woman there she looks patient. The young man she's waiting to speak to is our Minister of Music [member="Alexander Sannes"]. I will greet him and the young women he has seemed to have captured."

Faith moved through the crowd each nodding a greeting knowing that Faith seemed to be on a mission. She didn't recognize the other young woman with Alexander. But she wouldn't take much of their time but she would greet them properly.

She of course at times did not wait for the inevitable silence in conversation indicating she could speak she merely made her presence known, "Alexander Sannes you have been away from court too long." Faith smiled making sure that Marina was still with her and that the women with Alexander did not wander away.

"Good evening ladies I don't think I've had the pleasure of meeting any of you before." She smiled at Alexander. They had known each other a long time now. She saw him as a friend.

Tavi smiled at the little kid before him from his helmet He loved talking about his drones. They were a big part of his life, work and lifestyle.

"Yes they are mine. Their names are Git, Atom, and Net. They help me keep tabs on the VIPs, and on everyone in general. This suit has plenty of useful tools to make the most use of them. As a matter of fact, I can pull up their feed right now and see what they see. It helps that they are a tad autonomous. They follow orders, and do have personalities that I programmed into them when I first acquired them. Yet, I can take direct control of them if i want to. They don't mind." Tavi said as he gushed about his drones.

He stopped talking as the Queen decided to grab everyone attention, and greet her guests. He immediately gave her his full attention, while his drones stayed still and watched the crowd. She spoke well, and got straight to the point of the event, which Tavi thought was the right call.Don't let them forget the reason they are here. He clapped heartily when the Queen finished, while his drones gave whistles. Well except Git, who just spun in circles giving a low beep.

Tavi turned his attention back to the little one.

"So back to the drones....Ah the direct control, or remote control as some may call it....hmmm how do i explain this...Have you ever played those HoloVr games, with the headset on you face? Well when i take control of a drone, it is sort of like that with my helmet being like the headset. It's a weird sensation and can be disorienting to first timers. It is valuable when I want to take a more personal look into matters, or take charge of a drone personally. It does leave me exposed though, as I am less focused on my surroundings." Tavi said as he though back to his first time taking direct control. He threw up in the first 10 minutes....on his instructor. Ahh, they made him clean it up...and also put him in charge of dismantling all the cyclops drones they used at the academy for "inspections". They had a lot of inspections.

[member="Sor-Jan Xantha"]

Jim walked towards the door in a tuxedo and with him a duffel bag. He wasn’t formally invited to the event, mostly for him being new and all, but he didn’t mind, Jim was about to go through when security stopped him. They weren’t going to allow somebody with a duffel bag just walk in. Jim showed the soldiers what was in the bag and he was allowed inside, his one goal tonight was to find Faith Organa, after looking for her at the open and the bottom of his glass, multiple times, he decided to actually look for her throughout the Gala. After finally finding her, surrounded by two other guests. He walked up to greet his target and the other guests.

“Hello Everyone, what a lovely Gala. I’m sorry to interrupt, but I must borrow Lady Organa for a moment.” He said to the group. “I’ll be seated over there when your ready.” He said as he pointed to a table. Once Faith joined him he would explain the situation.

“I’m so sorry to do that in front of your donors, or friends.” Jim apologized, he hated interrupting people but he had to do it, “Anyways, I’m new to the FWC, and I want to donate to your charity.” Jim gave her a friendly smile, if she had heard of Jim Pehico she might know that Jim was not particularly made of money, in fact he was nearly broke as it was. If she looked closely enough she could tell that even his tuxedo was a bit busted up.

“A couple years back, I was doing a job, and I came across a lot of money, I’ve only recently gotten ahold of the money to use. Anyways I don’t know if you know who I used to be, but I was never very comfortable with banks.” He said as he put the duffel bag onto the table. “But here is five hundred thousand credits to help the refugees, I only ask to remain an anonymous donor. We got ourselves a deal?” He said offering her a handshake.

[OOC: wondering where the mustachioed miscreant ran into this kind of money? Read: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/110392-the-auction-buy-the-slave/but below will be a summarized version of what happened. Also my 200th post with Jim, decided to do something nice with it. Cheers!]

A couple years back Jim had been given a tip of a slave auction by an associate of his years ago. This slave caused many “shady” individuals to participate at the bidding in person. Jim had to sneak into the auction, go into the data banks, and retrieve the banking information of each bidder. Stealing a couple thousand of dollars from the bidders disguising itself as a pre-payment. Though some of the bidders detected the fraud (Jim is a below average slicer) he got away with 500,000 credits. Waiting years after the bidders had lost interest in Jim or gave up their search. He was finally free to spend the money and his first use of the credits would be going to the charity. He decided to remain anonymous, due to the fact that if anyone decided to continue their search on Jim Pehico,that they wouldn’t be able to connect his money to the charity.

[member="Faith Organa"] [member="Alexander Sannes"]

Ever Dawnracer

E
Ever rolled her eyes in response to what he said. Typical. She knew he was joking. The way he'd said it had given that away. Still, better than dealing with the real stiffs. Lifting her drink, she finished it off rather than sipping at it. While she was a woman, she wasn't a dainty little thing in an overstuffed dress that gave them more cleavage than they really had and offered more than what they were really good at giving. There were plenty of those women around if he had an interest in them.

"Was sent to represent my people and government," she said, setting her empty glass on the counter. "I'm staying for the drinks, but I suppose I will have to mingle at some point."

Lifting her hand, she waved at the bartender, signalling that she wanted another of the drinks when he had the chance to doll it out. In the meantime, she looked over at the man beside her and stuck her hand out in his direction. She counted on him knowing what the gesture meant. How he responded would determine whether their conversation would last long or not. Playing games was kind of fun.

"I'm Ever Dawnracer. I represent the Republic."

[member="Tristram Senan"]

" The Republic eh?" Tristram said as he finished off his apple tini. He remembered what the Republic did. It was not a good or pleasant end for anyone involved in it, which was why he was glad he left before then. It was too tied into his feelings on Jedi as well. This required some serious drinking. He got the mute's attention then ordered a straight vodka. A clear drink to help him clear his mind. With that done he turned his attention back to his companion. " Call me Nighthawk. I'm here because I heard some whispers from someone who heard some whispers from another person whispering about a fancy party with free drinks and food. Showed up for both and pleased to find they weren't wrong."

What Tristram had said to her about being here was half right. He had heard about the gala from someone but it was someone who had connections. He never would say who this mysterious person was, but it seemed like a good idea to show up. The free drinks and food for him was a bonus and a nice cover excuse. Now he just had to worry about not making too many problems, which could be a real challenge. His vodka was put down in front of him. A large drink from it later he said, " So how many drinks until you start mingling? Who would be your first victim for your charms?"

The moment Faith arrived at their small gathering, Nilia lowered her head as a sign of respect. She was the Queen, after all, and deserved a proper greeting as a result. And whilst her experience with nobility was awkwardly limited to her own Sovereign, she knew the routine when it came to greeting those of higher status. The Senator smiled politely afterwards as she raised her head, clasping her hands in front of her stomach in a practised manner. Once she could get a word in edgewise she'd incline her head slightly again, speaking up. Her tone, at first, seemed shaky as if she was still working on what to say whilst saying it, but contained that edge of professionalism which all politicians seemed to maintain, "I hope the party and the night is treating everyone well. I'm Senator Saavilin, here representing the Sovereignty."

Already she was mentally preparing a brief explanation about her beloved government, in the event she was asked. Chances were some still hadn't heard of the Wild Space faction-- Certainly, she had encountered a few benefactors of the party why hadn't had the slightest clue of what she had meant when she had said who's Senate she belonged to --but with their rising notoriety and the increasing awareness it brought, perhaps for once it wouldn't be necessary.

[member="Faith Organa"], [member="Alexander Sannes"], [member="Chikako Liona"], [member="Jim Pehico"]

Ohm-Lai

O
[member="Ever Dawnracer"] [member="Tristram Senan"]

Laughter rippled from her throat as she drifted through the room, engaging those she would with a few quick jokes and nice compliments. Yet, the entire time, her eyes shifted around more frequently and quickly that might otherwise be required. She recognized one. He was a Resistance operative. So she wasn't alone here. That was good. Not that she was too concerned that something might happen, but still.

Better safe than sorry. Time with RESINT had taught her to be wary, even more wary than she had been as a Sector Ranger. The stakes were different here. Higher and more dangerous. Getting caught by criminals as law enforcement was one thing. Getting caught as a spy was something else entirely. Yet the other woman was one that she had never seen before. Kensic kept her ears cocked to listen. Republic? That was interesting.

She waltzed over to the bar, laughing as an elderly gentleman complimented her on her dress. She raised her glass and set it down.

"Champagne, please," she spoke lightly to the bartender, fidgeting with a ring on her finger. It was an old one, brass, with a little slider along the side. She thumbed it open for a moment when Tristam might catch a glimpse.

"Marvelous gala is it not?"

[member="Nilia Saavilin"] | [member="Marina DeVoe"] | [member="Jim Pehico"] |

Faith paused looking at Mr. Pehico, "Sir your contribution is most appreciated perhaps you would have a drink while I speak with Lady Saaavilin, Minister Sannes, and, " she looked at the other [member="Chikako Liona"] .

She noted Lady Saavilin's attention to protocol, Faith nodded in return and smiled. She had an air that told Faith she was either nervous as a cat in a room full of rockers or she was very shy.

"Lady Saavilin I'm not familiar with your name tell me about yourself" That was something Faith enjoyed too learning about others. Faith looked over at Marina knowing that Marina's love of learning about other places likely also included learning about other people as well.

Interacting with: [member="Faith Organa"]

The man had not yet responded to Chikakos words, perhaps he was still too sleepy to respond or just distracted by something else, whatever the case her attention was draw elsewhere as the young force user sensed someone approach, another force user if anything was to go by. Slowly turning her head the young girls silver gaze rested upon [member="Nilia Saavilin"], like most here she was obviously older then Chikako, radiating with beauty donned in a lovely dress that one found hard to look away from. Turning fully around she was about to offer the woman a greeting before being approached by Queen Organa herself, making the young noble tense up a bit.

Chikako quickly regained her composure, looking the queen in the eye with a respectful expression on her face, "Chikako Fredrika Liona, representing the Confederacy of Independent Systems, at your service my queen", she replied in a child like manner, giving a small curtsy to the royal individual. It seemed though the Queen was a bit more interested in the woman who claimed to be part of the sovereignty, a new nation Chiako had heard about but did not know much, the Echani inclining her head a bit to here the woman's response, just as interested.

Marina DeVoe

Not a flight attendant... just a risk.
Marina did her best for a brief moment not to laugh when SN-1411 clanked his hands together after the Queen's brief introduction.
But standing next to the droid and with that out of the ordinary clanking as everyone clapped it were just too funny not to let a laugh escape her. And it did. Lucky everyone either pretty much had already dulled their senses with the free drinks or just didn't think it funny. But hey, there were always those who always took the worst part of life and never picked up on the small nuances that made it worth living. Sure, a clapping droid who meant well but sounded like a tin percussion band...now that was hilarious.

"Ahem..." Marina cleared her throat to regain what composure were expected of her, and put her hand on SN-1411 arm again to quiet him down. After all, everyone else had stopped applauding.

"You know SN-1411, you'd make a good band piece if you were into metal music.." She smiled, patting his arm, when he stopped. No, she weren't making fun, but was making light of the fact that he did sound out. Then again, she did enjoy some metal. It were...heart
pounding to say the least. Ok, so she had spent some time in Nar Shadda with undesirables..namely the Underworld. But no one here would have guessed. Not a Duke's daughter with Underworld friends.

"Oh...please, come, [member="SN-1411"] ... I have to say my greetings to Queen Organa.." She invited him to join her.

"Your majesty..." Marina had a beaming smile when she got her chance to greet her queen. And as she were about to turn to introduce her new friend, SN-1411...it were not there. Marina eyed him too far behind to bring up the introduction. She figured as soon as the queen had made her round, she would introduce SN-1411.
And sure enough, the Queen wasted no time, nor did her guests in exchanging intros. Marina, who was indeed one of her interns, stepped aside and smiled at those whom met the queen.

Even when a peculiar gentleman, who introduced his self as [member="Jim Pehico"] in a manner all too familiar to Marina (as she had spent time on Nar Shadda) boldly came up and requested an immediate private audience. Marina unconsciously raised a brow, as she found this quite out of the ordinary. Well for something of that nature in this court. But mentally, she gave him 8/10 for boldness. This she kept to herself, and as queen's intern, only observed. There was nothing that set off her intuition that he were of real questionable character...only...a diamond in the rough. This awarded the gentleman a smile.

But what surprised Marina more was the charitable amount a man like this Pehico just handed over to the cause. This took Marina back a bit, as it were unexspected even to her. Well, she had met characters of that sort, but not ones that handed what many in those circles considered a fortune. Marina took in a deep breath, trying not to show her surprise. But really? A man like Pehico, handing over a fortune to unfortunates...just like that and not wanting credit for it.
This man's heart was either cleaner than his apparels or...or she had met a true soul, however rough around the edges he seemed.

There was a story behind this man...and she bet it were one quite interesting to know.

Well, she'd may just get that chance, as the Queen gestured for Marina to receive his contribution. She readily accepted it,having the bag rest on the floor. damn, 500,000 credits were heavy.

"I'm afraid my name isn't that well known, your Majesty. I was only elected recently to the Sovereign Senate," Nilia explained, her gaze turning to the young Echani who had spoken afterwards, a quickly growing smile on her face as she couldn't help but add on, "The Confederacy are great allies of the Sovereignty, it's a pleasure to meet you." Perhaps that was the familiar feeling she had felt before. Confederates always felt like friends. Though, she decided it might be better to keep the tidbit that her uncle was their Vicelord a secret; it seemed like something that could be viewed both positively and negatively. Besides, he's helped me enough. I must learn to stand on my own merits, rather than rely on the Verd name too heavily for my successes.

Awkwardly fidgeting her hands before continuing, Nilia let that grin from before remain as she kept speaking, a certain lightness in her voice now, "And, of course, the Sovereignty is prepared to do what we must to help relieve those trying to escape the war. That's why I'm here, after all." The Senator went quiet after that -- There were others who needed a chance to speak now, of course, and her eyes swept around their small ground to study them with open curiosity, paying special attention to the ones who had been silent.

[member="Faith Organa"], [member="Alexander Sannes"], [member="Chikako Liona"], [member="Marina DeVoe"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom