Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Red Plom Bloom Charity Gala (FWC, Open to everyone)

"A live feed overlay?"

The tow-headed youngling cocked his head to one side as he considered the type of interface that the man seemed to be describing. Simultaneous video from multiple perspectives would be a hard balance to avoid information overload. "How are you compensating for audio-visual signal discrimination? Are you using a combat sensor interface? Or a motion interface?"

If Sor-Jan were to sit down and design something to manage that kind of information flow, he'd have probably gone for a combat sensor interface for the user end. The server end would also be challenging though, with three overlapping signals and the need to maintain signal fidelity and security. So how was the data being packaged? End-to-end encryption? Packet diffusion?

"Either way, doesn't that give you a headache?"

[member="Tavi Riley"]​

Alexander was a tad surprised when [member="Nilia Saavilin"] and [member="Faith Organa"] showed up next to [member="Chikako Liona"]. And soon the three were talking, Alexander was introduced, there was words concerning the CIS and the Soveriengty and a ball was rolling around to his right. A red one apparently being chased by a kid, amusing.

With that his eyes moved back to the three women and he waited as he reclined back on the bench again and let them continue on, only introducing himself as they started to do so. He figured he owed the women some words. Especially considering he was back to laying on the bench with his legs hanging over the edge and eyes closed, more interested in being relaxed than putting on a show. He already had to put on shows back in Republic Space trying to get a senate position again, and he knew Faith would not find too much disrespect from him wanting to relax while the three talked.

It wasn't like he was normal in the first place.

"A pleasure to meet you two..." He said, aiming the relaxed voice a the two who had were new to his eyes. "As her highness said, I am Alexander Sannes, Minister of Music for Alderaan, though I do also take up a side job a senator when it suits me. Sadly though, Eshan remains outside of friendly space, so I can't quite speak for my home." He looked the two over again and quickly added a response for Faith. "Your Highness, I swear my absence is completely unnoticed by most. It isn't a vital job mine so I wouldn't worry too much about my missing days. Plus, there are a few acquaintances I have invited, should you meet them later."

Jim zoned out thinking if he was going to regret this later. Maybe, but it’s nice to help some less fortunate people. As he continued thinking the seed of greed spread into Jim, he kept wondering if it was not too late to get credit for the money. Maybe make a building in his honor. Jim could only imagine the bronze statue they would erect in his honor. Before he could figure out if he wanted credit for his generous action, the queen was gone and the only thing that remained was an assistant who was struggling to lift the bag of credits.

“You need help miss?” Jim asked putting aside his thoughts. “Sorry I would’ve done the transfer through the bank, but I never really trusted them. You can thank my former profession for that.” He apologized as he waited for her answer.

[member="Marina DeVoe"]

The droid perked up as [member="Marina DeVoe"] spoke to him once more. Listening to what she had to say. Then eagerly nodded at the invitation. A chance to be personally greeted to her majesty, oh my. It's quite the honor. After she made her way to Queen [member="Faith Organa"] he'd follow. Straightening himself up with his chest out. His medals gleaming in the light as he did. He took off his commander's hat to be polite, then walked up beside Marina. His stride was done clearly with a sense of pride. It may have even looked a bit goofy. Seeing the droid who was certainly full of himself proudly walk up to with her to the Queen. There the shiny droid simply awaited his turn to have the honor of meeting her majesty. 'How Glorious' the droid thought to himself.

Ever Dawnracer

E
"The true Republic. Not the one that existed at the end of the Galactic Republic. That was only a name to them."

She sipped her drink and muttered something under her breath about scrubs as she lifted the glass. Suffice to say she didn't much care for what that Republic had become towards its end. Not that she'd been there to see it, but having met many of their former soldiers over the years, she'd heard the stories. It was enough to make her stomach groan just thinking about it. Fortunately, the loyalists had come out their direction, which meant that people from the Old Republic could teach them about being a real Republic. Provided they kept to the whole bit about not letting Jedi be above the laws. There'd be no 'Jedi Business' situations going on in their Republic. Everyone had to obey the same laws.

She was about to answer his question when a bubbly girl came trouncing over to order a drink. She was flashing some fancy ring or whatever in the guys direction and she shook her head, turning her attention elsewhere. Either the girl knew him, or she was trying to get his attention. Nobody flashed jewelry for no reason at all. She wasn't ugly either. That being the case, she ultimately decided she wasn't going to let the girly girl interrupt her from answering his question.

"It's not a matter of drinks, it's a matter of interest."

[member="Kensic Varais"] [member="Tristram Senan"]

True Republic? That certainly would be entirely different from the Republic Tristram knew for sure. Were they going to have dancing fairies handing out ale while a siren played them all a catchy tune? He needed to stop that line of thought. His entire opinion on any Republic was forever soured by that one that had rotted away it's own core like a soft wood tree long before the big ol' Mandalorians came to knock it down. It had not just destroyed itself but companies and the Jedi and who knew what else in the process. His parents' company was part of that seizure when one of their Prime Ministers went mad with power. The whole Roche debacle stemmed from it too. No, he just needed to calm down. This one could actually be good for all he knew. So with that thought, he took another large drink from his vodka glass.

Tristram's companion seemed to be about to say something when another woman swayed on over to the bar next to him. She ordered a fancy drink and flashed him her ring. He caught what she was about too in the process. Seemed the Resistance had actually sent someone competent at these kinds of gathers here. Good. Now Tristram didn't have to focus so hard on actually getting something useful to justify him showing up. Instead he just said to the new comer, " Welcome to the mute bar. Your dress, fancy drink, and fancier ring all suggest a woman of class. Excellent! Takes two women of class to balance out my gruff." With that he gave his fellow rebel a wink to let her know he noticed even though to anyone else it would just come across as him maybe being playful.

The first companion of the evening spoke up again after a brief pause, so Tristram turned his attention back to her. Interest she said eh? He could work with that. It was a strategy that made sense too on her part and might be something he would do as well if he was any kind of good as a spy or representative. He replied, " I think drinks and interest are connected personally. A looker like yourself would take maybe 1 drink at most to spark some interest. But someone like that woman over there." He pointed out a rather homely woman with an older gentleman on her arm out of earshot. " She would take a few drinks for most. Not saying she couldn't be a delight, but who judges interest in a complete stranger on anything but looks?" It might sound crude and rude that he said that, but it was true. He had plenty of time getting to watch people in bars and gathers over the years to come to that conclusion. There was probably even examples all over the gala of this.

[member="Ever Dawnracer"] [member="Kensic Varais"]

Marina DeVoe

Not a flight attendant... just a risk.
Ok...the bag was not only a bit heavy, but quite large for a lady in a slim evening gown to lift properly without opening up a seam. Maybe she could drag it across-

"Oh!... Mr. Pehico..." Marina had for the moment thought the generous gentleman had left...perhaps had gotten his self a drink. Or not, as she had plainly just not thought about where he went, following getting stuck with the bag. In reality, Marina had been pre-occupied at the moment in figuring out how to get said duffel bag full of cash over to the Gala's financial group. They for the most part were taking and handling the transfers of credits and promissory notes.

But to her relief, [member="Jim Pehico"] was right there. Either she had lost track of him, or he may have seen her struggling with the bag and came over to lend assistance. Either way, Marina was relieved.
"I thought you-...ahem...please pardon my attention span...hehe.. seems I've found myself at an en-pass." She chuckled as it was kind of funny a lady in a gown trying to haul away a large duffel bag. One which apparently was indeed a bit too daunting for her, especially in that dress. It were something one didn't expect to see in such events.

"But yes.. I would very much appreciate the help..yes.." She replied, quite thankful a gentleman came to step in like that...even though he had been the benefactor of the cash...not to mention his evening apparel was a bit...not so pressed. Still, between his generosity and his offer to help, he was a gentleman by any standards.

It was then, as she was about to hand over the duffel that she noticed [member="SN-1411"] there too.
"Oh my...Sn-1411...I thought I had lost you in the crowd...or swept away another lady here." Yes, despite the awkwardness of her in her grandmother's classic gold accented gown, and holding a rather military or naval looking duffel bag, she never lost her humor.

"Well...if you two gentlemen have not yet had the chance to meet before... SN-1411, this is Mr Pehico. He's from-
He's from...uhm... " Oh Lord..had she missed that part his intro to the queen? ... or had it now at the worst moment slipped her mind?

"Ahem... Mr Pehico here has been kind and generous to donate 500,000 in cash to the refugee fund." She smiled from the droid to the gentleman.
Well, what could she do now, but keep her smile.

Tavi smiled at the little kid from beneath his helmet. He nodded his head in admiration.

"Yeah, you got it right little one. I use a combat sensor interface. It helps me manage the amount of information I'm getting from the little guys. And headaches? Yeah I get them quite a bit, not as much when I first use to start out." Tavi said as he shook his head. "You know quite a bit little one. You remind me of the days when I was taking Data network classes, and learning human- computer interaction." Tavi said with some happiness within his voice.
"I guess you already figures out I use end-to-end encryption with these guys. It was one of the most secure ways the ones who built this suit decided upon for cybersecurity. The drones can still get hacked and my armor included though, and breached by man-in-the-middle attacks on us." Tavi said.

"Now what about you little guy, who do I have the pleasure of meeting." Tavi said as he stuck out his hand.

[member="Sor-Jan Xantha"]

“Ms. DeVoe was it?” Jim said with a charming smile. His night got a whole lot more interesting, the blonde, dressed in an enchanting golden dress, seemed to have been in awe of Jim’s good deed. It would explain why she seemed to be slightly distracted, and almost certainly distressed. She continued to ramble, and this honestly made Jim feel bad. He wasn’t some big wig who was demanding respect from her just because he donated a large sum, or donating to make himself look good to the media, even though he had second thoughts of how he should’ve proceeded with his donation, Jim just wanted to help people who were less fortunate than he was. He didn’t feel he needed the amount of respect Marina was showing, but he would be lying if he said he didn’t enjoy it.

“Please Ms. DeVoe, relax a little, call me Jim.” He said with a slight smile. “Trust me, there is no need to be so formal with a guy like me. Do you see what I’m wearing.” He chuckled trying to ease her up a bit. “Trust me, I’ve been around formality my whole life, it gets old pretty quickly.” He gave her a reassuring smile. As he was finishing up, a droid waddled over to the two, more specifically a Protocol droid. Jim listened as Marina introduced them to each other.

“Pleasure to make your acquaintance, SN-1411” Jim said all so formally. He had never met the droid and he was at a gala, so he wasn’t going to talk to the droid as if he had just met him on the streets. Though that’s the way Jim would prefer, but for Marina’s sake he would go with it.

“I’m glad the people around here treat droids as equals, I’ve been to too many systems where you and your kind are treated as second class citizens. Glad this isn’t one of them.” He said. Smiling towards the droid. He picked up the bag slowly, the bag was incredibly heavy but with some effort and a swing, it laid upon his back.

“Ms. DeVoe, my home planet is Naboo.” Jim said with an easing smile, not wanting the woman to worry about not remembering every little detail of him. “So Ms. Devoe. Please show me the way, the sooner we get the credits out of here, the better I’ll feel.”

[member="SN-1411"] [member="Marina DeVoe"]

SN nodded politely to [member="Jim Pehico"] as he spoke to him. "It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance as well, Jim." The droid replied, hearing what he said about being so formal when referring to him. "And yes, I was quite simply thrilled to hear that her majesty allowed droids into her service. In some systems you're luck to even be considered a second class citizen." He added.

The droid dressed like a war hero eyed the large bag of credits. Wondering what he could do with that kind of money. He could get a whole new ship, some personal upgrades, and still have some to spare most likely. After a bit of daydreaming the droid looked at the queen in hopes of meeting her in person.

[member="Marina DeVoe"]

Alderaan, New Aldera City, New Aldera Palace, Undetermined Time | Thunder

Nilia's head turned as Alexander spoke, the second Echani. Hiding her surprise at his rather casual posture & position, Nilia herself remaining rather rigid and cordial especially in the Queen's presence. Minister of Music? Curious job title. Moonlights as a Senator too... She briefly glanced over to spy a brief look at the man who had momentarily pulled the Queen aside for his donation and the intern tasked with the money handling but didn't focus too much on it. Her attention was more on their current group to pay much mind to theirs after an initial glance.

"A pleasure, Minister." She kept her tone polite as she addressed the lazing figure, but her eyes quickly looked up to the rest of the group, clearly eager still to converse with them.

[member="Faith Organa"], [member="Alexander Sannes"], [member="Chikako Liona"]

Marina DeVoe

It were certainly no longer a task to bring the cash over to the proper booth. Not with the gentleman once more hefting it.
It weren't an impossible task for Marina to have done it on her own, but that evening gown just didn't allow enough strtch room for anything but walking and carefully sitting down. So it were with long gowns. Sure she could have worn a more up to date one, as she did have many. But in this event, her queen were present and Marina, a Duke's daughter had opted for a classic which had belonged to her late grandmother when she were Marina's age.

So it was that one would choose certain attire, verses comfort. Then again, this wasn't a carnival, where one just picked up any ol'and hopefully clean set of everyday wear for a gala such as this.
And although she may bee seen to some here as a lady of the court, it were what she wanted for them to perceive. Marina had slummed it in places like Nar Shadda. And she hadn't worn her grandmother's gown there, nor any such attire. Like the old saying went: 'When in Coruscant'
And that meant anywhere.

Marina could fit in most odd of places where some here attending the Gala found difficult to fit in currently. It were difficult to understand how some here could not understand the concept of adapting to the present moment. It were almost like some were here play acting and that was all.
People like [member="Jim Pehico"] adapted, despite never picking up proper etiquette. He was genuine to her and not a poser.
he were real and stayed real. Yet as she accompanied Jim to where the accountants that handled all the credit transfers and such, she had the chance to pass a few posers. They weren't here for the right reasons, but their own. Lucky the may real, outnumbered the stand-ins. Marina hadn't figured to see this fractualization here...not in Aldera.

The bag was graciously accepted by the accountants and once more Jim got a most sincere thanks for his generosity. Of course, it were Marina to let them know who the benefactor was.

"Well, I must say, there is quite a diversity of guests here..." Marina commented.

"I believe I owe you a drink, Mr Pehico..." She then offered, lightly parting a strand of her bank that seemed to slip over her eyes. It may have been caused by her earlier attempt at dragging the bag, but it were easily tamed.
Getting the gentleman a drink in person was the least she could do.

"And you [member="SN-1411"] ... I am finding myself at wits end in guessing what I can get for you." She was genuinely offering both gentleman and sentient to get them something herself. After all, they seemed the only two proper gentleman to have come to the aid of a lady here at the gala.

She couldn't just smile, give them thanks and be off greeting other people. These two to Marina were genuine and seemed to offer more than they had come here for. What were the odd that she had met two here that came for the sole purpose of what this gala was about?

Jim had not been expecting all of this, Jim had been expecting to go to the Gala, drop off the credits, and leave. Instead, he dropped off the Credits, met a beautiful woman, and is now receiving a drink from the woman, albeit with the company of a droid, but an interesting droid to say the least, seemingly very intelligent, intelligent than most other protocol droids.

“Ms. DeVoe, please do call me Jim, Mr. Pehico was my father.” He said with a warm smile. “However, you don’t owe me a thing, Ms. DeVoe. Regardless, I will take your offer for a drink.”

Ms. DeVoe was certainly a sight to see, there certainly wasn’t many women who had caught Jim’s eye at the Gala. But Marina DeVoe. Marina DeVoe was what you would call an outlier. She certainly stood above the crowd, her golden dress, sparkled upon the lights at the gala. Jim continued to think of what he knew about Marina, not much. He had heard of her family before he ever aquatinted with the FWC, DeVoe is a famous family. Not on the same level as Organa, but you’ll hear their name in the Holonet every now and then.

“Ms. DeVoe, I must say, there aren’t many people that have treated me like you have today, when I came in with my duffel and my unpressed tux, I got a lot of sideways glances. With you though, you treated me as an equal, a superior at some points. Not many people of noble status would do that, regardless if they were an assistant of the queen.” Jim stated. “There’s something different about you. Something most nobles don’t possess. I just can’t quite put my finger on it.” Jim began stroking his chin. He suddenly stopped and snapped his fingers. “I have a feeling you have been around lower class people like me before, in a public setting, for an extended period of time. Could it be you went to public school during your younger years?” Jim asked. It wasn’t likely the answer, most nobles would never allow their children to be in public school, but there’s always a chance.

[member="Marina DeVoe"][member="SN-1411"]

A combat sensor end user interface with multiple video inputs supported by end-to-end encryption.

"Are you using an L2 cache to help off-set the memory load?" the boy asked curiously. Streaming video was a heavy data packet. Multiple inputs would devour bandwidth. Not to mention destroy on-board memory allocation. More so if there was any kind of recording capability. "That set-up's practical, but the memory allocation must be a Hutt!"

"Now what about you little guy, who do I have the pleasure of meeting?"

The youngling took the offered hand. "I'm SJ," the tow-headed boy offered simply. Indicating the twins behind him, he added, "This is Nala and Sela." The two girls gave a slight curtsy toward the armored gentleman.

After he'd made the introductions, the boy turned back toward the masked man as he asked, "What's your name?"

[member="Tavi Riley"]​

"Yep an L2, along with an L3 cache. It really helps. Plus I'm only dealing with 3 devices at most. Sometimes I only use 2 or 1 at times. I bring out all three when there are important events..such as today" Tavi said "I'll pay for it later." as he started to feel some slight throbs emerging from his head.

"My name little one, is Tavi Riley. A native of the world Coruscant. Former Coruscant Security Force." Tavi said as he bowed his head slightly to the boy, he then turned to the twins and bowed to them also "A pleasure to meet you" Tavi said.

"SJ, how do you know so much about technology, are you a slicer? Or a mechanic?" Tavi said as he looked around, and watched over the crowd again. He saw two that he recognized, [member="Jim Pehico"] and @SN-1411. They were talking to a beautiful woman, most likely a noble. Looks like they haven't scared her off yet. Tavi smiled as he started thinking of ways to mess with them, especially Jim. He scared easily.

[member="Sor-Jan Xantha"]

Marina DeVoe

"Of course..." She minutely shook her head... " Jim." She finally called him by his desired name.
It were a bit uncommon in the courts, but he had twice insisted and although most times that were reserved for close family members and close friends..Jim it were then.

"I'm not at all comfortable using the term lower class, but I do understand what you are referring to..." She slightly leaned forward a bit toning her voice down just so that he could hear.

"The notion of class separation is as old as monarchies...and that's been around since civilization took to spark. I've studied the political sciences and sentient civilizations....just still can't understand how such separation of classes came to be, as what is recognized universally as lower class...they are for the most part the majority. " She explained, showing a bit confusion to this.

"In all actuality, the lower class could easily reclaim their place among what should be an equal form of social co-existence...
Hmm, hopefully one day all this could be straightened out...with some sort of revolution... hehe.." She chuckled.
Yes, she had experienced and still experienced all levels of social planes. marina was a daughter of a Duke, and one who was militaristic. But she was a traditionalist like her ancestors and quite often her and her father were at odds on many things, including social classes.

But she had agreed to serve her queen, whom she highly respected, for her majesty unbeknownst to many was a traditionalist also. But being queen meant making many compromises to one self to keep the order among the Great Houses and lords who would upturn all of Alderaan's traditions and forever change her beloved world
As thus, her spirit since she were young had always been free and had eyed the wonders of the stars and the diversity of the galaxy. And in doing so, she found that every system and every society sparkled in their own way, much like the stars. And like stars, there were as much light as there was constant change and destruction. But this was what made the galaxy so diverse.
So no...she didn't see classes, but rather the individuals. Only that she along with every sentient had to exist within the confines of set standards that even history could not pinpoint to the inception of class separation.

Yes, she made light of the revolution to upset the standards, with Jim. Not liking to be thought as unequal to others, she had little choice in the matter if she were to change things from the inside.
She patted Jim on his arm and gestured for him to remain.
" I'll go get you that drink, Jim." She then said with a smile.

"Any preference in mind...or would you chance for me to choose your poison?"

[member="Jim Pehico"]

Jim smiled when she mentioned revolution. DeVoe had more fire in her than he had previously imagined, however with her explanation of societal classes, she had gracefully side-stepped the question of whether or not she had spent an extended amount of time among the “lower class”. Interesting. Jim kept that in mind.

He couldn’t figure out how to describe Marina DeVoe after that. The closest he could think of is chaotic good. A term he learned in literature class all those years ago in Naboo. She was good, and royal, but there was something about her that yelled she was somewhat of a radicalist. Not to the point of hurting innocent people but to the point of fighting the system. She reminded him of the legends of the first galactic civil war, particularly of Princess ( then General) Leia, Organa. Most likely a distant ancestor to Faith. There was more than chaotic good to her, she was also layered like a planet and Jim only managed to drill past the crust. He had got into her mantle, her beliefs if you will, but Jim knew he was only scratching the mantle at this point. He then made a conscious note to stop using planet metaphors for people.

“You can choose. I’ve always wondered what you nobles fancied.” He teased.

[member="Marina DeVoe"]

Marina DeVoe

"Whyren's reserve please....dry." Marina ordered with the bartender, giving a look back at her two aquantances. Mostly so that she wouldn't loose track of where they were, should they move.

"Uhm...hehe... No, no...you're going to have to make that a double, if not a triple shot...hehe" She laughed at the small glass the bartender was going to fill, or rather have her sample. But it weren't for her. She was a wine girl...champagne on certain occasions...but mostly wine...Alderaani wine.

"And if you can...an emerald Sovereign... Masha preferably." And there it were, hopefully they stocked her friend's home grown wine from Masha Vineyards. Simply the finest as far as she was concerned.
In ordering the wine, the bartender understood and made it a triple Whyren's.

"Right...you got it, no ice.... Thank you Captain." And she took to the flute and glass and was back on her way to Mr Pehico, as that's what she called him in her mind.

"Jim...your poison, good sir..." She handed him his surprise drink, wondering if he would recognize what it was.

"And you [member="SN-1411"] ...what can I offer to get you?" Marina still couldn't come up with what would serve the droid in an almost similar gesture. But aside from the sentient covering his coverings, there was nothing she could think of, other than a quick charge that she could offer to get SN-1411 .

The music had changed it's beat twice already, getting in a good mix of culture varieties. As some guests finished a certain dance to a beat, another group took to the new beat. The dance floor was flowing as it had been planned...one style following close to another to finally change up to start over the cycle once more. it gave everyone a chance to get on the floor and dance from classical, to band, to soul, to rock, to disco to new age and so on and so on...with metal in between there too.

SN looked at [member="Marina DeVoe"] as she offered him something. "No thank you Miss DeVoe, I'm quite alright. Sadly there isn't much for a droid to help themselves to." Then he thought of how he like to look at all the fancy foods and drinks. "I do feel fortunate though, feeling like I've formulated a way for such things to serve me." The droid said rather proudly. "I like to think of all of it like art. Very temporary art. Each bit being like a little master piece. Sadly though, ones that can not stand the test of time. It almost inspires me to what to be a chief myself." He said with a bit of a robotic chuckle.

Yes, the culinary arts were the droids favorite, something about putting some much time and craftsmanship into food that in one way or another turns into waste not much longer. Art that someone creates very often with little time to care about each little beautiful bit of work they do.

Marina DeVoe

"Art... hmm" She gave it some thought. "Yea..." Marina nodded fidgeting with that notion in her mind.

"It's surprising that it never occurred to me to see it that way, [member="SN-1411"] ....prepared food" She casually raised her flute to wet her lips with the emerald wine.

"It's like you said...temporary art...hmm.. yea. " She seemed to piece something together in her mind.

"Ice sculptures...yea...and sand sculptures too." She finally had put it all together, turning to the droid.

"Have you ever seen sand or ice sculptures SN-1411?...it like the food art you are describing. Thee sculptures aren't intended to last. Especially the sand, as it dries, it deteriorates right in front of you. you can see the little sand grains tumbling and sliding off.
And the ice sculptures..well, some do last awhile, but both, like the food succumb to either time or the elements. Eating would be one element..hehe." Marina got to wonder if the droid had ever been to a Winter festival, like the ones in Northern Alderaan....or at sea level with the ocean and the sand under it's feet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom