Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Red Plom Bloom Charity Gala (FWC, Open to everyone)

Marina DeVoe

Not a flight attendant... just a risk.
She returned the expecting mother a kind smile, with a slight curtsy. "My pleasure Lady [member="Alexandra Russo"] ."

It had not been meant for her to do so to receive thanks, but it was kind of the woman to thank her so. Marina took note as to lady Russo's term of pregnancy. It were something of a wonder for her, as she were the youngest of the DeVoes and her elder brother Jerrid had yet to take on a spouse, let alone father a child. Same with her sister...engaged, but no babies. marina herself was single for the time being and it weren't anytime soon that she were thinking of conceiving a child.
So all her life, she had not been around a woman with child.
It was something to behold...new life....a child within the womb of a woman. Marina Inadvertently felt her own abdomen. It could have been a mimic reaction, seeing the woman gently caressing her child within. Naturally Marina didn't know there were two living angels within.
It were strange somehow...this feeling she suddenly became aware of. it seemed to call on her...a yearning of sort. The emptiness she felt within, she had never felt before. It were then she became aware of her action and naturally dropped her hands to her sides.

"It could imagine it would be your most wondrous day, for when you get to hold and feel your child in your arms..." She said, meeting the woman's eyes.

Marina hoped that she would see this woman again after her child were born. It would be another wonder for her to see the child, in it's mother's arms. Thinking of this made Marina momentarily forget the chill she had felt moments before, of an evil entity that seemed to be about the Gala...or maybe perhaps it had been just a cold draft...

Now there was a side Faith had not seen in Marina she wouldn't break into this conversation rather she would observe. It was a change to see in Marina usually driven to do well, to keep her ideals of exploring and serving.

Faith saw that Marina wanted a family of her own even if the young lady did not see it in herself right now.

Faith had carried twins and recognized that Alexander could be as well. It was hard to balance on your feet for three. She smiled warmly wanting to keep attention away from her, letting Alexandra speak about what lay ahead for her and her unborn children.

[member="Marina DeVoe"] | [member="Alexandra Russo"]

Hope is the elixir of life. (semi-retired)
Alexandra smiled warmly at [member="Marina DeVoe"] as she could sense that the talk of children had sparked something within the young blonde; a yearning perhaps?

"Well I will be in need of more arms I'm afraid. I'm having twins I am told... And from the way they are moving today, I'd say competitive ones too," she replied, a hand rubbing a sore spot down low on her belly where either a sharp elbow or foot had given Alex a reminder just who was in command of this mission.

I can do this, right?!

Brandy brown orbs returned to settle upon [member="Faith Organa"] as Her Highness listened thoughtfully in a regal manner.

"I have been told it surpasses no other moment in a woman's life, and any pain or suffering to get there vanishes in an instant once one gazes upon their bundle of joy... Though I still am not looking forward to the labor and delivery. Time will tell if I ever allow it to happen again," the brunette said with just a hint of humor etched in her eyes. She knew the Queen had children of her own and perhaps would pick up on that amused point; one woman to another.

The Taanabian took a sip of sparkling water from the crystal flute in hand before speaking again in a more business sense.

"Your charity gala has brought many for the cause I see. I am hoping my homeworld in some way may prove helpful. Taanab is primarily an agriworld. Perhaps we could come to an arrangement on a humanitarian aid package or even special work visas for these refugees... Something for the governments to ponder no doubt."

Marina DeVoe

Two?
Marina knew it were uncommon for humans to bear twins, but she only knew of one, Count Andulf Teraan and his twin. A sister she had yet to meet, despite they were both from Great Houses on Alderaan. This were due to off world educations that the DeVoe children had traditionally done since the destruction of Alderaan during Palpatine's Dark reign.

She could quite imagine two, very close siblings. One couldn't be more closer to one's sibling than that.
The woman certainly had this inner glow. Three heartbeats in one temple... It were something of a miracle as how life flourished.
Marina smiled, listening to Alex talk about the miracles of life that she were carrying.

But the lady wasn't here to just share her joy, but to offer her world's share in helping those who had lost much, if not everything to these terrible conflicts plaguing the galaxy. Food. It were the essentials of life that many, even Marina never really thought about it. And why would she, when she had never went hungry.
This revelation made her think of the organization she volunteered her time and resources to. It were 'Doctors Without Borders', and she transported medical supplies and medics to systems that were in need of such humanitarian services. That included refugee systems, and even in battle fronts. But food?
She had never thought about shipping food to the refugee systems.

"Lady Russo...Alex rather..." She corrected herself as she had jumped in too quickly.
But the woman's notion of her system providing food for the needy could not have her just stand there without offering her services to Alex.
"...your generosity of providing food banks for the refugees is very kind and generous. May I offer you my services in helping to ship such humanitarian aid to the refugee systems? I'm currently transporting medical supplies and have much room to spare in my ship to include food supplies."

[member="Alexandra Russo"] [member="Faith Organa"]

[member="Alexandra Russo"] | [member="Marina DeVoe"]

Faith couldn't help but reflect on the day Bud was born. All legs, arms and so pink he wiggled and cried and then grew silent. Even then he studied the world around him so curious. It was one of the single most monumental moments of her life. "It is monumental to look into that beautiful little face and say my son" She looked up to Alex and Marina. As old as her children were she remembered the moment they were born.

"You never forget it either. Its one of those times that can't be surpassed by any other" Then she smiled.

Then the conversation turned a bit to the reason the Gala was held aide for refugees, "Yes we can certainly discuss what your home world can do to help. As Marina says she'd can make sure it is transported to the right place. But perhaps there is something more we can do. Farming Equipment, or jobs for some of the refugees on Tanaab. Perhaps you would act as liasion for this Alexandra."

Faith liked the name Alexandra it was very regal and just oozed elegance. "Once the children are born of course. I'm sure Marina would love to negotiate with you as part of her diplomatic studies." Wouldn't she?

Faith smiled hoping she wasn't pushing Marina too hard.

Marina DeVoe

"That is without say, your majesty. I'm very much eager to extend Alderaan's appreciation to our Allies and friends." She broke right in without hesitation. Of course she wanted to do her part...and then more.
Marina was one who when they had made a promise or commitment, they held it true and strong without faltering. Well, aside from human err, she certainly wouldn't falter by neglect or on purpose.

"And I shall be grateful for your invite to your House, Alex, when you are able to entertain guests. There is much we can do to share the burden of providing food and the tools for the refugees to establish their own means of self sufficiency." Marina said, knowing quite well that alone something of the magnitude to help the refugees were all too daunting. But when allies reached out with hands clasped in strength and unity, anything were possible.

"There is much to discuss and make arrangements to provide quick and just humanitarian aid. I fear the longer we delay, the more unfortunates may loose hope.
Hope has been the driving force that has overcome many dark times in our galaxy. We shall not have hope die." She said, in all honesty and truth.
It were an Alderaani trait, not to loose hope. Even when their ancestral world were destroyed, Alderaani didn't loose hope. It was hope that made them persevere through the Centuries to once again rebuild and reclaim a system they could call once more Alderaan.

Alexandra listened thoughtfully to [member="Faith Organa"] and [member="Marina DeVoe"] as they took turns speaking; the women's sincere friendliness a pleasant surprise. She was glad the offer to aid the refugees was being taken seriously. Now to get Taanab to actually come through.

"Well at this time I can only speak on behalf of Taanab's Independent Growers Association, but I think with the right kind of pressure and persuasion the ag conglomerates that run Pandath will come around also," the brunette nodded with a knowing smile.

"I'll do what ever I can upon returning to see this matter to fruition because it is something that cannot wait for a boardroom to decide weeks to months down the road... and who can deny a pregnant woman's wishes, right?"

A way to convince Tanaab. "Well Marina is so passionate about this effort. I think that perhaps she should address a delegation there. Present the terms, the goals, and see if she can convince them." Another part of diplomatic training.

"If she can then we can do a formal signing of an agreement we'll make it extra ordinary and have Tanaab host. This will bring visitors, other dignitaries, and raise the awareness of Tanaab's willingness to help. Others will approach as a result. But I'm putting the thranta before the wind, let's see if we can get them to agree."

She smiled, "No one denies a pregnant woman just rub your tummy a lot and make uncomfortable faces. They will agree to anything." If anything scared people more it was the thought of a woman giving birth in front of them.

"What do you both think?"

[member="Alexandra Russo"] | [member="Marina DeVoe"]

Marina DeVoe

"I can only commend Alex for her willingness to help the refugees at their time of need, your majesty." Marina replied to her queen, pertaining to the notion of reminding those who had the power to help, that the refugees were as much in need of support as that of a child in a mother's womb.

The willingness of Lady Russo to do what she could on behalf of her people was what this Gala was about. The ideas were valid and quite feasibly workable. All that one were required to make them concrete, was to put their foot forward themselves. And not wait for councils, politicians or in Lady Russo's case, board-members to bring them forth as recommendations to be debated over. As Alex had pointed out, it should happen as soon as possible, for the refugees were suffering at this very moment.

"Your compassion for helping others is greatly appreciated by those who at this time in their lives cannot help themselves...or more importantly, their family...their loved ones...their own children.
I only know my mother and of my late grandmother's love for me, Alex..." Marina reflected a moment on that before continuing.

"I can only imagine the helpless refugee mothers who can only provide their children with their love and hope. It calls on us all to come to their side and provide them with all the necessary aid and means of making their hope come to bear fruit." She then said with greater understanding.

"I learned at a young age about compassion from being given it myself when all hope had seemingly been taken from me. It's the least I can do for others," she smiled back at [member="Marina DeVoe"]

The young woman was being very complimentary, almost too much for the former starfighter pilot. It was starting to make Alex a bit uncomfortable to be honest. The Taanabian didn't see herself as being such a do-gooder, but rather just wanted others to have what they needed to survive and given a chance to live a decent life as she had all those years ago when orphaned after a pirate raid ended with her family being collateral damage.

Turning her attention back to the Queen, Alex answered [member="Faith Organa"]'s inquiry.

"Yes, an official presentation from the Free Worlds Coalition and/or Alderaan itself on the refugee matter would be taken best by the Taanab government and the ag conglomerates. The Independent Growers Association, which I am a representative member of, will of course give their support in this endeavor," she nodded with assurance.

A wave of fatigue suddenly came over Alex. It was getting late for her. She took a sip of sparkling water to starve off a yawn that was threatening to show.

"Now if you will excuse me, Your Highness, I believe it is time for me to retire for the evening," Alexandra said, patting her baby bump, then she stood up from the chair. "It was a honor to meet and speak with you, and Miss Devoe. Thank you for your hospitality," she nodded with a respectful cant of her dark head.

Marina DeVoe

"It were all my pleasure, Alex. " She replied, making a motion to help her up. But the woman despite the two little angels nestled softly within, got up without a hitch.

"I will wish to visit you and see your children when all is settled and ready. " Marina had quite a smile on as she bid the woman a farewell.
She was certainly eager in visiting Alex in the coming months, to see her little ones eyeing up their new world. These were mother and children's precious moments as everything was future bound...

It were moments like these that Marina looked forward to. And all that she, her people and allies stood for. peace, prosperity and the pursuit of happiness for all.
She watched Alex leave, before returning her attention to her queen.
"Lady [member="Alexandra Russo"] is a wonderful person, your majesty. It's allies like her that help keep this galaxy from going totally chaotic. Where there is motherly love, there is hope for brighter futures."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom