Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rebellion: Because Empires

Nitram Ozio said:
[member="Darth Sinna"]

I thought it was an obvious statement what Imperial oppression is. The Imperial oppression is well, the oppression that sprouts from the Imperial movement. There are several holdings of Imperialists throughout our current map as of now. Typically the Imperial movement identifies with slavery and anti-alien sentiment - depending on the group but that is largely accepted as fact among them. It limits public expression. This is as far as my knowledge goes on the Imperial movement.
So....

That pretty much includes everybody, maybe except for Black Sun.

Typical terrorist scum. Hiding behind noble goals, they have no intention of actually improving the situation by creating something useful for the poor, hungry and wounded, like hospitals. They only destroy and make everyone's life miserable.

Nyxie said:
The only problem is that the Shadow Empire isn't actually imperial, so this is classic firsthand judgement, or simply put, "judging the book by it's cover."

In reality, the only imperial major faction we have is the One Sith, and there is only just not an oncoming imperial faction that is actually and literally Imperial.

By that logic, the Galactic Republic is the most imperial faction on the board, since they're the ones with the biggest, and at some point fastest to expand, blob on the galactic map. Is this a rebellion against the Republic?

Edit: *360 quickscope sniped* :/
Exactly....

*720 quickscope*

[member="Geneviève Lasedri"]

[member="Zatten Black"]

I'm not sure what your point is, as we've long since covered those responses. But, in case you'll miss those as well...

Geneviève Lasedri said:
Colonization and forming allegiances are two different things entirely. Forming mutual allegiances and unifying with other worlds is the Levantine mission statement.

Geneviève Lasedri said:
The Alliance considers the Republic to be a 'lesser evil'. While we acknowledge that they are, in fact, Imperialist, they do not conform to the overtly oppressive nature of most Imperialist factions. Basically, we don't agree with them, but we have bigger fish to fry at the moment. Like, maybe, the Protectorate? (People seem to ignore this one all the time, despite its big, purple smattering.) Dreaming? Someday, we'll attack the Republic, once all the more evil factions are eradicated. Realistically? We'll probably never get to that point.

Zatten Black said:
*Dies laughing* Just because they don't have big shiny clouds, eh?
What she was trying to say was that their actions aren't imperialist in intent. Of course the Silver Jedi have eradicated oppressive governments and thus retain influence on said worlds, but those most certainly are not imperialistic movements. If you look at the One Sith and other "darker" factions, they intend to conquer and spread their influence as far as possible.

It's one thing when wars are constantly being started because of the desire for territory and quite another when you're freeing a people from an oppressive government and ideal.

[member="Geneviève Lasedri"]

We could totes have the Rogues and 181st have some run ins. Also way down the line I have some ideas regarding the backstory of the world I made that might be fun if I ever make a rebel char.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom