Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rebellion: Because Empires

Just in case you've missed our shameless ads...
The Rebel Alliance is still going and looking for those who wish to flex a little bit of your muscle for the rights of those oppressed by Imperialism without the major faction drama. Our reach knows no bounds, provided we have the right men and women on our side!
Who are the right men and women? Anyone committed to the cause of freedom in the face of Imperial oppression (and I foresee much of that in the near future); anyone who hates politics but wants to be galactically political; anyone who can fly a starfighter and is looking for a home. (ENTER: Rogue Squadron)
We have our own company; our own weapons; our own ships; our own fighters; our own connections; our own rules.
Not sold just yet, or need a little more information? Ask away, right here! Or you can check out our Q & A thread to see if we have answered all your questions beforehand. Furthermore, you may even personally inquire into our faction or any stories you would like to write with our faction involved by contacting myself or the indomitable General of Awesome (and the Marines) [member="Mrrew"].
If you are looking for war, a cause, or even philosophical material for your character, then you are not alone. We are here to represent the Rebellion, in the pursuit of story and classic Star Wars nostalgia.
And if you think the development stops here and at the minor faction level, then you haven't seen anything yet. We have plans to do something that has never before been seen in the galaxy. If you want to help start something great, then this is the place to do it!
May the Force be with you.

What exactly is the "Imperial Oppression"? The One Sith? The Republic? Omega Protectorate? ASA? I don't see a reason to join a group that claims to be fighting something that doesn't exactly exist. (And if it is the One Sith, I think most would rather join a group that is already at war with them; see: Every non-dark side faction)

Jessu

Chiss Ascendancy
[member="Darth Sinna"]

I thought it was an obvious statement what Imperial oppression is. The Imperial oppression is well, the oppression that sprouts from the Imperial movement. There are several holdings of Imperialists throughout our current map as of now. Typically the Imperial movement identifies with slavery and anti-alien sentiment - depending on the group but that is largely accepted as fact among them. It limits public expression. This is as far as my knowledge goes on the Imperial movement.

[member="Darth Sinna"]

You may take the most literal implication, looking at the fact that we have a 'Shadow Empire' on the map and an 'Imperial Remnant' about to find a spot as well.

Or you can go by the definition of Imperialism, the eradication of which is really what this faction is about.

Imperialism: A policy of extending a country’s power and influence through colonization, use of military force, or other means. (Straight from the Oxford Dictionary)

Half the factions on the board fall under Imperialism.

Nitram Ozio said:
[member="Darth Sinna"]

I thought it was an obvious statement what Imperial oppression is. The Imperial oppression is well, the oppression that sprouts from the Imperial movement. There are several holdings of Imperialists throughout our current map as of now. Typically the Imperial movement identifies with slavery and anti-alien sentiment - depending on the group but that is largely accepted as fact among them. It limits public expression. This is as far as my knowledge goes on the Imperial movement.
The entire point is that they do not target a group. It's "anti oppression" as a banner, with no objective goal outside of "ending oppression". What is the oppression? Surely one wants to end all oppression, but what group is causing such a vast amount of it that you need to rebel against it? Actually - Who are you rebelling against?

There isn't enough information available for anyone to make a decision, unless this is just an anarchist group - in which case they would be against all established factions.

That would be all of the factions. Every single faction has run a dominion that has met at least one of those parameters, by that standard, you're aiming to bring down every single faction.

I am so game. Viva la revolution!

Geneviève Lasedri said:
[member="Darth Sinna"]

You may take the most literal implication, looking at the fact that we have a 'Shadow Empire' on the map and an 'Imperial Remnant' about to find a spot as well.

Or you can go by the definition of Imperialism, the eradication of which is really what this faction is about.

Imperialism: A policy of extending a country’s power and influence through colonization, use of military force, or other means. (Straight from the Oxford Dictionary)

Half the factions on the board fall under Imperialism.
The reason I brought the question up was because of the two possibilities. I do not like to get involved in groups that I do not know the intentions for, and a vague intention is not good enough for me. If you are solely against imperialism as a whole, and are out to stop it, then own that goal and state it outright. If you are against a particular faction, or alliance of factions, than do as mentioned before and make it clear. Being vague is not a good thing, it makes things unclear and opens up for a lot of speculation.

[member="Nigh"]

I would refer you to the Levantine Sanctum, and possibly the Silver Jedi Order, as examples of non-Imperialist factions.

Otherwise, you are completely correct. Though we don't attack everyone at once. Sometimes you have to leave the 'lesser evil' alone until they are no longer 'lesser' by comparison.

[member="Darth Sinna"]

If you don't intend to join our faction, then that's fine.

We're slightly vague on purpose. We're an Alliance of Rebels. We have to operate with a wider range of causes in mind, while still focusing on one main evil. Imperialism is, essentially, the cause of all these wars. We seek to punish the Imperialists and at least keep them in check.

However, if you need something more solid, we actively keep a hitlist of factions and their targeting priority.

Geneviève Lasedri said:
through colonization, use of military force,
By your own provided definition, they have been damned. Both factions have run dominions of planets, both have used military force and have expanded their borders through colonization of worlds.

This is the point [member="Darth Sinna"] was making, you need to more clearly define who your enemies are. Simply stating you're against "Imperialist" isn't enough because the given definition means anyone at all who wants to expand their borders(Everyone) fall beneath it. Ergo, everyone is your enemy.

Which as a concept i quite like actually.

[member="Nigh"]

Colonization and forming allegiances are two different things entirely. Forming mutual allegiances and unifying with other worlds is the Levantine mission statement.

Now, whether they practice that or not, I haven't quite been able to pay attention to yet. But in theory, they are not Imperialist.

[member="Geneviève Lasedri"]

You should probably get on that.

The general point still stands though, even by myself being able to argue the fact. I would suggest creating a more clear list of goals rather than a general mission statement.

Either way, i wish you luck.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Geneviève Lasedri said:
Darth Sinna

The only problem is that the Shadow Empire isn't actually imperial, so this is classic firsthand judgement, or simply put, "judging the book by it's cover."

In reality, the only imperial major faction we have is the One Sith, and there is only just not an oncoming imperial faction that is actually and literally Imperial.

By that logic, the Galactic Republic is the most imperial faction on the board, since they're the ones with the biggest, and at some point fastest to expand, blob on the galactic map. Is this a rebellion against the Republic?

Edit: *360 quickscope sniped* :/

[member="Nyxie"]

The Alliance considers the Republic to be a 'lesser evil'. While we acknowledge that they are, in fact, Imperialist, they do not conform to the overtly oppressive nature of most Imperialist factions. Basically, we don't agree with them, but we have bigger fish to fry at the moment. Like, maybe, the Protectorate? (People seem to ignore this one all the time, despite its big, purple smattering.)

Dreaming? Someday, we'll attack the Republic, once all the more evil factions are eradicated. Realistically? We'll probably never get to that point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom