Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The pointy end

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

Wu was looking at the padawan as she was glued to the window and seemed distracted. She was more then in agreement before walking out and letting her come with her. Where they could all go around, where they could all be set about until the jedi knight wanted to check out a few other things. She was not worried about it but so far she judged herself compared to the master who had trained her... or more just spoke and left her to her own devices. Wu wasn't certain about many of the things until she was offering herself and the padawan a smile. Walking into one fo the pathways that was a covered walk way looking out onto domes and glass gardens. The warmth was there for growing food and everything looked almost hot and humid inside as other jedi were wearing jungle like attire. The rest of the temple was warm, with the walls and floor heated by geothermal vents and hot springs.

Losing is tempoary, giving up is permanent.
Sukai did not hear a response from Wu, nor disagreement, the woman simply standing up and leaving when the ship touched down, had she said something wrong? Or was the Jedi knight in so much agreement with her words that she couldn't really say anything? It did not see such questions would be answered anytime soon as the two disembarked from the shuttle and into the preexisting structure, only a small smile from the woman reassuring Sukai that everything so far was going well.

The entire temple feeling like a green house, probably was meant to be that way, though thanks to the new robes the humidity was kept at bay, saving Sukai from an awkward sweat event. "Wait so is this place a hot spring, sauna green house all put into one"?, so hot in here, I can feel the air clawing at my face, but I guess it beats the cold blizzard tundra from outside".

[member="Wu Yeoh"]

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

"It is a mix, the hot water is pumped through the walls to keep it warm. Green houses to raise some animals and grow food. Anythign that wouldn't normally survive outside in the snow." She said it with a look of interest though seeing her padawan and she opened one of the doors that went into an airlock to divide it from the outside. "Though we won't be in the heat for that long, the pathways that they have made allow traveling around safely with small rest areas that have food and droids to prevent you from getting into trouble." Wu watched though as she was walking through and some fo the creatures were there, the stone work of the building showed the metal ramp going down into the pathways and roads they had discovered. Wu stood there in the snow and put her hands on her hips as she looked out mtowards the snow. "There we go, not to cold and not to hot... just right."

Sukai looked around the current room, noting the intricate parts of the walls and floor, the water pumping through them like blood vessels, "Well, that makes sense, I'd rather be a bit warm then freezing cold, guess I just have to get used to the heat in here", she remarked, backing into the air lock before the door close, blocking the view, "Oh well never mind, still, reminds me of a sauna, have to visit one sometime". She followed close behind Wu as the two had their way through the corridors, the ambient temperate being more welcoming then before, window in the side of the complex bearing witness to the awesome but deadly landscape. "Well yes it is a nice temperature... glad I am not out there... so, where we headed off to now, is there a meeting taking place, or we just doing our own thing"?

[member="Wu Yeoh"]

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

"We get to go and do our own thing here, there are plenty of places to explore and test out your abilities. There are even more places we can roam around here." She said it with a smile and trekking through the snow well she might sink in with her padawan but thankfully there were the pathways they might be able to do. SHe was walking now and heading towards the vehicle bay as there were transports they could take or they could walkn around in the mountains and have it be more peaceful. She was really all for either choice though. "We can travel around with a transport or we can go on foot. Either way we get to take in the beauty of the world and meditate on it. Feeling the force and life here on the world." She had a wider grin though standing there as tall as she could.

"Ha.. was not expecting things to be so care free, but as long as people know what their doing I guess everything is fine, I am an experienced traveler so I'm not going to be falling of cliffs or drowning anytime soon". A chance to explore the old fashion way, plotting new paths like a path finder would be nice, even if it was not the most relaxing experience, and anything to keep her skills in check was a welcome challenge.

Sukai turned to follow Wu as the women lead the way further into the complex, the two quickly reaching the vehicle bay, the large hanger filled with all type of All Terrain Transports. "Why not both... we can used a transport get a head start or get to places of interest, and then continue on foot, that way we can cover more ground and not put our lives at risk". All this talk about adventure was getting the usually calm girl excited, it had been far two long since she had done some legitimate exploration.

[member="Wu Yeoh"]

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

That sounded good and as she was standing there a grin appeared on her face. "Perfect." She looked at the tomie class transport. Large and with six wheels that were made for going anywhere, armor plated and lined to prevent popping. The thrusters and boosters built onto it so it could move around and make jumps, protective plating that would shock enemies trying to climb on it, a secured cabin that functions as an airlock to be used on other worlds. Wu could see many other things they had set up all around with a few others but she was going for the tomie. It was the latest and well it had protection systems with a strong shield and booster as she climbed into it. "That will be the best of it and we can test out your abilities with the force. Sensing and really expanding your sphere of notice with the force."

Sukais gaze shifted to the six wheeled vehical that they were to take, it certainly look like it could handle almost any terrain... it was funny, even though walkers and repulsion lift craft have existed for thousands of years, nothing beat the traction and suspension of a wheeled or tracked vehicle. Even so this thing looked more like a re purposed military vehicle, armor plating, thrusts control modules, all the thing needed was a turret of some kind and you'd have yourself a decent APC of some sort... at least she would be very safe inside. "Sure sounds fun, ready when you are... I don't know where the door to that thing is". She wondered what trial they would encounter along they way, maybe snow monsters of some kind, and what exercises did Wu have in store, she was a lot of things and if the marshmallow incident told Sukai anything it was that the woman was a joker.

[member="Wu Yeoh"]

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

Wu looked at her and thought about it. She remembered there was the control panel for the doors somewhere as she was going and it opened letting the stairs come down as there was plenty of space for them and others plus equipment. Before she was climbing in though she could see Sky with a grin. "THis thing is not like something they make back home. It even has some weapons built in but no massive cannons.. more several weapons for all ranges just in case and a roll cage so it can correct itself." She was climbing into the cabin now and going towards the controls as she saw the drivers seat and sat in the chair. Stretching to try and see over the controls out the transparasteel viewport and reach the pedals..... No go. "Alright padawan first lesson down here, some listening exercises. You are going to use the brake and gas when I say so that way we can get around."

Sukai followed closely behind Wu as the door opened on the vehicle, "Well I am not sure what they make on Tin'tinag, but I something like this does not sound like something you would want the common people to get their hands on... are you sure this is not some sort of prepossessed tank"? The more information that came up about it made the 'Ranger' feel more like a military scouting vehicle then something for exploration on a snowy mountain world.

The insides was well furnished, well more so then she imagined the 'totally not a military vehicle', the seat looked and where rather comfy to, gotta make sure your passengers felt nice as well as overly safe. "Umm, master, I know how to drive, and fly just fine... not sure I really need direction, but fine I guess... does this thing handle differently from other tracked craft"? Maybe it was more due to the terrain then anything else, but Sukai could not help but think Wu was teasing her in some regard.

[member="Wu Yeoh"]

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

"It is faster then most I have seen, with a lot of acceleration and it can climb up most of the mountains." She was looking at it and couldn't completely see over the controls but gave a chance for her padawan to handle it with a nod of her head. "We should be able to get out there and go through the roadways easily enough, where we can really see it and move around." She gave a nod and took the seat next to it bringing up one fo the screens to show everything around them. Where they could look, where they might be able to handle or how to best work the thrust and booster controls. "We should be able to move around quickly, the boosters can let us go over some of the mountains."

Up mountains, like almost vertical cliffs? that was some good traction, and with the added bonus of thrusters, if they could spin 360, would allow constant contact with the surface, "Well this thing certainly sound all terrain". Sukai buckled herself in as she scanned the controls, nodding her head slightly as Wu went on the explain their plan of attack. "Sounds like fun, I can't wait to see how thing drifts on ice, also how do I control the main cannon, you know for obstetrical and monsters, or is that something controlled by yourself"? That and kind of wanting to see something blown up, this would be the first time Sukai had driven a tank like vehicles that war armed, other time mainly being speeders and transports, but this thing was a beast.

[member="Wu Yeoh"]

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

"You can control the main cannon from either seat it takes some time to get used to it." She was motioning to it and how there were on the controls smaller ones for rotating the cannon around them. With a three hundred and sixty degree of view plus it could go up and down to get a very strong angle for firing the particle cannon. "Just ease into the controls, don't have to master them right away and blowing stuff up is not the main goal.. that being said. Should it be a very cool chance... I won't say no.... but we shouldn't seek to destroy things." Like ruins or endanger the people.... and some fo the animals like the domesticated jakobeasts that roamed around.

"Do not worry, I am not one for unwanted and senseless destruction, though I know a certain Atrsiaian who does, I will maintain trigger discipline on this journey master", she cocked her head back slightly with a humorous smile on her face "besides, it would be dishonorable to shoot at an opponent that cannot fight back, that goes against the samurai code of honor". It was a more playful joke, but Sukai would still adhere to it, unless the mountain tried to kill them with falling rocks of an avalanche she would not go trigger happy with the main cannon. Her hand moved over the controls, the craft coming to life as Sukai started up its main engines, easing the throttle into forward gear, taking the 'totally not a tank' out into the raging storm, "awaiting those instructions of yours master".

[member="Wu Yeoh"]

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

Yes instructions.. though her mind was drifting... imagining her padawan now well standing there and some pebble or anything strikes her.. then suddenly there are explosions and massive craters in the mountain. She thought about it though and spoke for instructions about where they might be able to go. "Ah yes, follow the path beacons, it will lead us towards one of the ancient monasteries in the mountains. THe jedi have been searching it and managed to uncover it near the mount to one fo the frozen oceans. There are honeycombed tombs all around it and it goes deeper and deeper stil then they have seen before."

She gave her master an odd look, she seemed to be thinking of something, it seemed to look important, or was Wu thinking up another prank to place on her during the accent up the cliff side. "The path beacons to the honey combs, of course, I'll do my best", the engines roared a bit louder as the wheels of the beast when to work, churning up the snow as it started to glide across the ground with surprising confront, good suspension probably. The beacons ahead providing a clear, if not unorthodox path for the, what was this thing called again? Ranger if her recalled, though something like 'Land Cruiser' seemed a lot better in her mind. "May I ask if the path ahead of us get any more dangerous? I would like to avoid surprises".

[member="Wu Yeoh"]

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

"Surprise is the jedi wa but as far as I know most of the dangers have been removed. Some wampa's or predators might have come across but for the most part the droids who work to maintain the pathways and roads keep it pretty clear of debris." Wu said it while she was sitting back and looking at the pathway ahead. She hadn't been to the place before but the snow covered mountains, the frozen lakes and everything here would lead them up tot he structure. A narrow pass in the mountains winding up before it opened into a massive area that dwarfed them and she could see it. and it was impressive to say the least of it. With the white marble and the image of the being opening up into what was the mountains interior. She could see the massive gathering area that hat buildings you could see. The jedi teams were around and using droids in some of the areas. "THis is impressive."

"Hmmm no I am certain that is the ninja way... are there ninja Jedi"? there where the shadows from what she knew, but they where more like secret police then anything else, on another not it was good to hear the roads would be safe, though she would be lying if the though of blowing up a wampa with the main cannon did not sound fun to some extent. The 'land cruiser' as she was calling it made steady progress along the road, its gripping wheels doing a fine work of keeping the craft steady, peaking a crest and coming into view of a large stadium like structure. "Whoaaaaaaa, that big... who made that, was it the natives and what are the Jedi currently doing here, looking for past clues of some sort"?

[member="Wu Yeoh"]

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

Wu was looking around at all of it, she could see a lot more and the white marble, the stonework was impressive. Blending itno the mountain and for the most part unless you could see it there you would overlook it. "It was made by no one is certain but the jedi have been looking over at it." She was uncertain about who made it but they might be able to investigate anything here. She knew the silver watch were set to restore parts of the world and make it so people could live here again. It might not be perfect but their had their own ideas of what might be able to be done to make it habitable. Wu was bringing up what information she could and. "There is an area for vehicles over there, we can set it in and look around. Who knows what we might be able to find here."

Sukai mulled over the detail a bit, there was a very low chance any human of alien lived this far up the mountain, even with modern technology this type of enviroment was not an ideal place to make a home, food, materials and other things most likely having to be imported from somewhere else. "Ummm, perhaps sentient wampas"? she responded with a shrug, was such a thing even possible though? Then again there could have been come colonization attempt on the planet sometime in the past, maybe as far back as the old republic.

"We stopping here for a bit, sound like fun, is their a souvenir shop of some kind, such a trip would be worthy of a nice gift for my family", that and seeing what this place was up close, Sukai being a sucker for ancient ruins and structures.

[member="Wu Yeoh"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom