Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The pointy end

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

She gave a nod to that. "Possibly, the older jedi were very different in how they conducted themselves and the ones before them even more different from what I have read. If we have a chance to really see." She was curious though and moved some of the tapestries to really see it but there was only a few words she could make out. "Altis." That was something she knew.. or thought she did/ There were a number of things on the library where they had been, the massive temple monolith that was used. There wasn't much about him or a large amount of the jedi so she hadn't been able to study it betwen meetings and training herself. "The name is familiar, a jedi master from a few thousand years ago who taught jedi should be jedi because they had the power to do good things. Right makes right and all of that instead of enforcing it with their own might."

Losing is tempoary, giving up is permanent.
Sukai gave a small sad look at the mention of that, "I guess back then they did not have to worry about dozens of dark empires on their door steps unlike today, all the propaganda and stuff the First Order and Galactic Empire put out, to the point where even our own people seem to think where the bad guys, seems back then stuff was more black and white". The small quizzical utter from Wu did catch her attention though "Atlis, I have heard of that name before, but we may be talking about different people, from what my mother has told be Atlis as a Jedi around before the clone wars, had similar ideals to what you say but also promoted love and even relationships among the Jedi, something about bonds strengthening one another? though most of the knowledge is more rumor then fact from what I have been told". Whatever the case Wu's words still held true, the Jedi should never be ones to force control, more protect and show people the way, hoping they would find it. Something hard to do in a war torn universe where they were constantly trusted into combat to halt the Sith advances and unruly people looking upon them as power hungry.

[member="Wu Yeoh"]

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

She had heard that as well, the jedi who might be able to have relations and family. Going over with a few things though she was getting some ideas of what they might have here... THere were rumors, old ones that no one really could confirm or deny about enclaves for jedi during the clone wars and after. Where families and children were kept to protect them. A means to ensure they survived and most seemed to have just faded away. No mention of them being destroyed or overtaken... just ehhh this was here and nothing afterwards. "Well times have changed, jedi seem to have many open relationships now and there are several groups that try to do good and help... then there are some that roam around and look to protect."

Sukai became a little embarrassed for the mention of open relation ship, herself having been interment before joining the order, and now a new one with a fellow Padawan, well sort of, she was certain the two shared a mutual feeling of love, but neither had taken the first step in confession. "Yes that is apparent, though I believe that back before the clone war the Jedi order was more strict, and had become disillusioned though again only things I have heard from my mother". Than again the Jedi of before had not seem conflict in years, and those before only had the Sith Empire to deal with, today multiple factions seemed to pop up one after another, rouge dark lords setting up orders and raiding place, over zealous Jedi taking over worlds and trying to keep peace and any, ANY cost. "So does any of that tell us what this place was? is it a Jedi temple of sorts"?

[member="Wu Yeoh"]

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

Wu was thinking about it and she shook her head. "A temple would be exposed and more open, this place seems like somewhere you would want to be left alone. Maybe meditate and conceal families. The way the entire place can be used to grow food and raise animals, there is likely some form of water. The air and where they can work on it here... above is minimal, a massive carved head but it mostly blends in with the mountain and snow." She was curious herself what it might be around. She was investigating some parts of it when they could go deeper into the moiuntain. The sense of the force and foreboding more in her gut but it would also be helpful. "Could also explain this feeling, from the oldest reports. Altis used the force to keep people away from the jedi families. nothing dangerous but people didn't want to go where they were."

"So a refuge ran by the Jedi for those escaping from war, would make sense why it is so out of the way, I doubt many people would try to come here solely for the purpose of hunting people down, considering how inhospitable this place is". That would also explain the strange feeling they had, and the feeling of the force around the area, most likely more a warning system against possible intruders then any actual physical defenses aimed to hurt people. This place just got even more interesting the further they went, more so then any ancient ruin she had explored before, that was for sure, "A place to keep families you say master, to avoid people kidnapping them for selfish reason or black mail"? Such a strategy seemed sound, in past events Jedi falling to the dark side through some means when their family came under threat, "if what you say is true perhaps the current Jedi could reestablish something similar, you know with Sith assassins running around and all".

[member="Wu Yeoh"]

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

Hmm it would be somethign that could work out, fi they used it correctly and did it then they could have a means to protect the families of jedi to prevent kidnapping or well leverage to get them to fall to the darkside. Though she had also seen that a number of jedi were free now these days to do what they wanted and be a part of the order if they chose instead of actually being in the order and doing things. A difference few could see but she had seen some jedi who were dedicated to the order and ones who only came around when they wanted to talk with certain people in private.. then would return to some remote planet they were in charge of and had used influence within the order to get into that position. "It is someting to look into, I imagine most won't care one way or the other but we can try and see if they would be for it."

"It was just a suggestion that came to mind, I am lucky enough that all my immediate family a strong force users that can handle themselves in combat, other people are not so lucky", she continued to think for a minute, trying to come up with different words to explain it. "I guess a more up to date version would be a secondary temple like structure, maybe working in a similar fashion to a refuge structure, I am sure with the wars going on many families of Jedi have been displaced". In her mind if was a viable idea, her own family having to move due to the Sith Ascendancy, but such a project was better left for later, now they had to do some Tomb Raiding. "Perhaps we are getting a little off track, shall we continue master"?

[member="Wu Yeoh"]

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

Wu looked at Sukai and grinned as she had a smal laugh. "Perhaps, but it is fun isn't it." She said it while going and down here at the lowest levels she could smell and hear the stream. A room filled with rushing water and filters that were stil in place. She could see the small fibers and material that was catching the minerals and anything dangerous or heavy. then leaving only water to sit and pool. Before it was being pumped up into a small system and sent through the walls of the structure from where the pipes were going. That could explain why it was cooler inside still and not frozen over. the walls were in motion... maybe there was even something heating it when the smell of sulfer and other parts came. Geothermal vents leaking from further in but never the less it was there. Wu started looking in some of the crates.

Sukai returned a cocky grin to her master, "depends on what your idea of fun it", walking further deeper into the, hopefully not trap ridden refuge the trickling sound of water became present, a small in house stream coming into view. Light dazzled against the walls, reflecting and refracting off the water, similar to a disco ball, but more natural and less over powered lights. "Is that sulpher I smell? and under ground water sources? perhaps this place was once an active volcano of sorts", leaning down Sukai dipped her hand into the water steam, though not hot like a regular it had a lukewarm feel to it, the young Jin scoping up a small amount in her hand, taking a light sip. "It seems to be fresh, would explain how they could keep plants alive up here too, this place is a marvel".

[member="Wu Yeoh"]

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

Wu had to agree, it seemed to be less and less something just out of the way and more engineered for a purpose. "It does, more and more it seems they had planned for this place to be well lived in. I don't know what happened to drive them out, maybe they never needed it or the purpose was fulfilled so they left." She was looking at some parts of it and the more she looked down the waters she could see there were sections of it heading into the mountain deeper with a door. Blocked off and almost sealed but she could make out in the soft glow the large gears lined with crystals that almost resonated the force when she was standing below it. "Help me with this, practice you could say. The doors need the force to be opened." She was indicating them thereand how they turned to move the large bars that were blocking it off.

Yes everything here did seem to be in working order, it was actually rather nice, just raising more questions, where did everyone go? "Perhaps during the Jedi purge this place fell into dis-repair, no force sensitive family to hide away from the Sith, since they ruled and all? That would make the most sense, there was not sign this place had been attacked, or found for that matter considering how little anyone knew about the structure. "My guess is this place just left peoples minds and records that anyone could use to find it, for use to on day wander upon its beauty and perhaps uncover its purpose". Sukai remarked following Wu further into the refuge depths.

This place just seemed to be getting more and more complicated, a large door like structure now in their way, looking to be mechanical in some strange way, "Ah, force activated gears hu, sounds interesting". She examined the gears and other parts, a simple locking mechanism, but still effective, Sukai taking a balanced stance, letting the force flow through her body, "ready when you are master".

[member="Wu Yeoh"]

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

Wu took a breath in as her chest rose and she was focusing the force energies with her padawan. Grasping and pulling at the crystals to turn them so the large bars opened up. The sound of the bars and metal going was smooth, no rust with a little dust coming loose as it went through the air. Opening up to a massive area into the mountain itself. Wu was looking at it and the large crystals when she approached the openings. There were stairs carved into the stone and sections of the tomb because that was all she could call it as the crystals seemed to glow with warmth and light to illuminate it. "That is a very impressive sight."

Sukai concentrated on the task at hand, pushing the ancient hears along withe Wu, not using to much force, but neither too little, the cogs slowly turning with surprisingly little resistance in a smooth quiet fashion. She wondered what the gears where made of to remain in such good condition, perhaps force infused. In a few minutes the large doors had opened into a large cavern, crystals and a breathtaking stair case on display, "I can see why this had a locked door... well I know I have used this word way to much but, it's amazing". With no entrances around or sky lights the soft glow of the crystals gave the room a alien feel, or like traveling though an alternate dimension of sorts, it just felt so unreal. "What do you think we could find here master"?

[member="Wu Yeoh"]

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

Wu was curious herself looking at it, the entryway to the cavern gave little indications about what was inside but she stayed there to the side. Allowing the force to guide her with the crystals when she spoke. "I am uncertain about that, it looks like they built it for a purpose but whatever it was is lost on me." She wanted to go in deeper and looked at her padawan. "Alright, since I don't think the teams have been this far down, be careful and measure the risks. I don't know how deep that chasm goes down. We'll explore but if anything is to dangerous call in for some back up." She said it and indicated the stairs leading up and through it into the back towards a larger visible alcoves they might be able to learn more.

Even more mystery to go along with the already skeptical view on what the actual place was used for, "Well one thing for certain, the Jedi did not want just anyone getting in here, there must be something of importance". Causally, following Wu's words Sukai followed, keeping an eye, ear and force sense out for anything dangerous or interesting, even the smallest of items could clue them into this places purpose, or be the cause of their death. "I am not sure what could be in here that would require back up, but would the other Jedi be able to get our signal, we must be very deep inside the mountain right about now". This factor being even more present as the two made their way down another flight of stairs, deeper and deeper into the strange crystal cave chamber.

[member="Wu Yeoh"]

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

Wu was looking at her for a moment and hadn't thought about that. There was something she took for granted when it came to things and walking she spoke. "Maybe, I don't know, this far down the rock isn't completely solid but we might be to dep. The stone fo the structure, those open shafts might work but we are still within a mountain." Wu was going and there was a bridge going across as she walked and the stone work was beautifully done. Still solid with only dust showing on it as she walked past some of the statues and came into one of the alcoves. Stone slabs were around them and what looked like a large casket raised up..... and the top was opened as she walked up to it.

"THat is either because it is new and was meant to be used... or... I don't want zombies here." Wu was looking at it but the air hadn't changed when she approached and feared looking in. Finaly getting up the nerve before she rose up and saw.. notihing it was empty with only the stone work and murals on it. She was looking through it and trying to folow the images. "If I am guessing this correctly, the older jedi when they were close to the end would come here and be joined to the force. Instead of cremation the jedi normally do so they can become one with the force this would be sort of a chamber to show them how to focus and do it themselves leaving nothing behind."

Wu was looking at some of it, she was trying to read the images and that made her feel a little better... maybe.. if this was a chamber a jedi could use to become one wiht the force and pass awa. Then they might not find much else but there was still a whole lot before she was looking along the walls. "Once they were one with the force, what remained of them, their clothing,their artifacts was interred here within the walls and marked to honor them." Hmm she could see that and there were names on the walls for dozens of jedi along with a note about how they were a good this or that. THe jedi moved back and crossed her arms under her chest for a moment taking it all in.

Sukai wanted to face palm at her masters action, "You seriously did not think to consider that even though we are in a mountain, that is rich". Though for all she knew the signal could still reach outside by reflecting off the walls and winding its way back upstairs. "Then again I do not thing any bad stuff still happen anyways since there have not been any dangers so far", she remarked to Wu with a slight worry, following the woman over the wonder of a bridge, further into what now looked to be a catacomb of some sorts judging from the casket that came into view.

"Ehh zombies are not the only ones that sleep in those... but regardless I would not want to face one, do they have force signatures"? It was a slightly creepy moment, herself hoping that nothing occupied the stone bed of death, herself letting Wu go forward to inspect the... well empty case. The following explanation though was something that intrigued Sukai, a force skill that ones used to transcend the plains of reality to become immortal or something, to appear as force ghost or something during future event, well that was what her mother had said.

"I have heard of such a skill, but never seen it, but it explains the statues that are here as well as the force lock on the front door, would not want just anyone coming in here". It would also give the reason behind the crystals and other force infused objects, the Jedi most likely trying to make this place as centrist to the force as possible, bathing it in the light side. "Such a find is very remarkable, all these Jedi here, what they did, the amount of artifacts... breath taking, and we are the first to see it", Sukai feeling quite honored to be apart of this historical even.

[member="Wu Yeoh"]

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

Wu nodded her head in agreement to that to what was being siad and if they were able to protect this then it would be something to document and see. THey could go in deeper and check it out while she was setting one fo the beacons with a nod of her head. "We should protect it." She was putting the beacon down until she moved past it towards the larger doors opening them and looking more at the chasm itself. She nodded to her padawan when a mapper was being brought from her pack then she smiled. "We'll keep going in and we'll work on it, there are a number of teams and who knows what else we might discover. If they were sending their jedi to be one with the force they might have created or found other things to aid the jedi.

Sukai continued to gaze around the large catacomb like cavern, briefly diverting her attention back to Wu, "Yes, such a place is monumental for Jedi and force users alike... maybe in time even this chamber can be used once again for Jedi master that pass on, perhaps myself witnessing hundreds". Being able to live for a few thousand years meant Sukai may one day become a powerful master and bear witness to such events many times over, eventuality following suit depending on how long she lived. Keeping up with her master the young Jin's mind went into exploration mod, taking out a data pad from her supply bag as Wu placed the beacon and led them into the next room, taking picture and scanning the many different aspects of the place.

"I agree with that, such an important place would have more then one use, perhaps we will find momentous to the order, clothing weapons maybe recorded history, the possibilities are almost endless". Her excitement was easy to here in Sukai's voice, it being quite a while since she had been part of a groundbreaking discovery, in this case both figuratively and very literally.

[member="Wu Yeoh"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom