Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The pointy end

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

"Yes there is a few spare sets, some of the padawans go through them and don't realize how durable they can be so they requisition with the quartermaster new ones all of the time. The tech division has stacks of them ready to be used." She said it with a smile and stood up as the droid was clearing the way and started leading towards the hallway lined with more artifacts and then it was metal and displays of different equipment the jedi had used in the past. Some of the workers sitting in rooms while they were working on sections of larger materials and shaving or cutting or in some places polishing them into sheets and tubes for work. Wu stopped at the one who looked more like a seamstress with robes pockets holding everything to measure the padawans who were coming through to get new robes. "Ah Wu, welcome back. We have your robes over there and some fresh styles thanks to master Misarr." Wu gave a nod and she started going over grabbing the more kimono styled robe that she could close over herself and boots made from materials that was more see through with wooden bottoms to look like geta.

Losing is tempoary, giving up is permanent.
Sukai clapped her hand together in excitement as she followed Wu down the hall way after their meal, eager to get a new outfit for herself, at try it out too, guess her brother sense of fashion had rubbed off on her a bit, "Really, great, I cannot wait to try it one, what colours do they come in"? Her question and much more was answered upon reaching the equipment room, all sorts of useful devises hung along the walls, the sound of workers grinding away in the back ground, it kind of felt like she was in some sort of armory.

"Oh that's a nice robe, in a Kimono style as well, would I be able to get one fashioned like a yukata, do not worry about the boots, I have my own, though I could go for some gloves", Kimonos where fancy and all, but Yukatas did not have as long robes, better for maneuver, which she liked to do very much in fights.

[member="Wu Yeoh"]

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

"We can do that." The one worker who was there, an artisan with displays and measurements appearing around her provided them all of the information that they would need. She seemed to have a small grin on her face though after she managed to get Wu into the outfit and the jedi was standing there for a moment as she looked in the mirror at herself. With a nod od her head then she was working on her hair. Getting it straightened to better walk around since they were going somewhere she wasn't entirely certain but she would do as needed. "Take the time and get measured, they should be able to make it how you want and then just enjoy it. If you need other outfits for yourself." She said it and was leaving to give some privacy to get measured and dressed in what they were going to be able to make.

Sukai gave a short polite bow to the, dress maker? or what ever her title was, "Thank you, I appreciate it". It would be nice to wear some more traditional styled clothing once in a while, most often such attire was not suited for combat, one of the reason she did not usually wear it, but one made out of this type of material would fix that. She waited patiently for Wu to finish getting changed, giving her a nod as she looked in the mirror, the new robes looked nice, fashion and function "Sure I'll be with you soon, it looks good on you by the way". Sukai steeped forwards to the woman who had dressed Wu, readying herself to be masrued "Might I ask, is making suits an enjoyable task".

[member="Wu Yeoh"]

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

Wu gave a nod as she was standing there and she had a small moment finally getting into the outfit. The sound of the woman's voice as she looked up. "It is meaningful, all jedi need to wear clothing, if we just wore the same thing and passed it down through the generations then we would all be naked by now. So a few jedi who might not be able to fuly fight or failed their trials get a chance to help out without making a massive fuss about it." She said it and was looking at everything when the information was put in. The sounds of the loom begining to work were there, the skylar being worked quickly into something ad then small droids and her hands working on it to give it form and shape into an outfit.

Sukai found that thought interesting, she had read up about how the Order dealt with Jedi that ultimately failed their trials or where to old to carry out missions, though most had resided to more temple maintenance roles. Though this, it was slightly different, and with the order now more diverse then anything, new tasks and other jobs seemed to abound and they looked fun to boot. "Well that is a nice though, after becoming old and decrepitude coming here to work on other stuff", 'yer like in a thousand years time or what not, I ain't getting any older in the looks department'. She relaxed her arms, awaiting her new outfit, anticipating the outcome, how many could she get, within reason, lately the young Jin had a slight craving for fashion, "Roughly how long does this take anyways"?

[member="Wu Yeoh"]

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

"Not that long, the technology that has been developed by the tech division has changed a great deal and they are one of the largest groups in the galaxy." She said it as Wu gave a nod of her head in agreement and confirmation. "THey built that massive library and the inth metal that many of the robes now use for protection." She said it while looking over things and the converter was working as it made the bolts they needed and then the loom was weaving fast and precise. Everything laid out and ready when the smaller droids moved turnign the bolt of material into a shirt and then a robe as they worked on the sleeves. Wu spoke with a grin though as she loked up. "THey work quickly and with everything they can get you something done quickly just make the small request. Some of the personal outfits they have made for some of the jedi masters are very strong."

Not long, guess she was still a bit used to some traditional methods of making things, but it also meant getting to try said outfit on much quicker. Her blue eye looking over the different droids as they went to work on the fabric while her ears kept zone in on the woman as she discussed its working, "Well hopefully with this I won't gain any more scars than I already have, eh he he". Not that scars where a problem, it was more of the fact hiding her regeneration ability from others that was hard. Though if she had something that was really strong, any attack she suffer Sukai could just shrug off and no one would think the wiser, even if it did cause physical damage, which she could usually just ignore until a chance to take care of it presented itself.

[member="Wu Yeoh"]

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

Wu gave a small laugh to that, low and more like a giggle but well worth it. She knew plenty who used some fo the training robes but these were designed for the individual compared when Wu stood there. Getting the first outfit as it finished up and the converter powered down for now. It was a little stiff in her hand but moving around in it would loosen it up before she gave a small grin to her padawan."Well more protection means there will be more risk of you thinking you can handle other things. Just be careful as always and maybe wash it to get a little of the stiffness out." She presented it as it was made in the design the padawan wanted, with a solid robes and sash to tie around.and keep it closed. There was also sewn in inner clasps more concealed that could catch nubs in the fabric to hold it closed tightly.

Sukai grabbed hold of the new outfit as it was handed to her, the warm feel of freshly made linen, the slightly hardness but at the same some a soft touch, its colour grey, black and a bit of purple here and their just the way she liked it. "I don't try to get myself hurt, its more the fact when I do, I would like something to keep me alive, and hurt less".

She turned to face Wu after thanking the production lady, "Where could I get this washed? I would very much like to try it out before we leave". That and her current attire was not really meant for exploration, when coming to the library was not really expecting to go on an adventure with another Jedi knight, not that she was complaining or anything.

[member="Wu Yeoh"]

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

THe woman pointed towards a machine for washing and getting he clothing refreshed with the droids. "OVer there." She said it but Wu was moving and she knew the value of well getting that first wash to loosen it all up. Where she could look at it though and she could get them a couple more pieces of equipment. She knew the boots they had developed were very helpful in some cases and the field kit for them to use. Shoma had created a few nice things that were helpful as well. "I'll be out near the runabouts, come and see me when you are ready and we can continue on." A grin on her face though when she was walking down the hallway to the shuttle craft

Sukai quickly made her way over to the machine, looking over the controls and the different settings qiuickly getting things prepared for the quick wash, more then eager to get things going. Though part of it was also not wanting to keep Wu waiting any longer then necessary, true she didn't have much knowledge on how long it would take them to land and disembarked, but it was better to be ready 20 minutes before then 10 minutes late. "Hu, uh yes, I'll be out there in a moment... wait where is the runabout again"? Sukai had not really spend much time memorizing the ships interior, hopefully the tailor lady would know the right way.

[member="Wu Yeoh"]

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

THe library itself was massive and through the hallways she was able to move around quickly enough. With a small look at she came into one of the rooms overlooking the hanger and the sleek runabout was there, small true but it was compacted with modules within for producing its own food, water and oxygen as needed so you could get stranded in it and its power systems were top notch letting it have plenty of speed. She set everything up to let them take it out as the Library dropped out of hyperspace above a world she wasn't certain about but one of the transports was loaded into the ships underside. Letting them be able to carry it as she also saw them sending down one of the packages with a mobile platform. Serving as a means to well have communications and direction on a world they might not have full outposts on.

It did not take long for the new robes to finish being washed, the fabric now being smooth and soft to the touch upon Suki taking it out of the machine, the smell of what ever cleaning product was used creating a welcoming and intoxicating smell. With haste the young apprentice quickly got changed, placing her causal attire in a supplied container while getting dressed.

The new outfit was a the perfect size, neatly fitting over Sukai's figure, not to loose, but not too tight, "Perfect, well, thank you again for this, I better hurry and meet up with Wu, see you again soon". With a quick wave Sukai gathered up her belongings and supply pack, quickly making her way through the massive replica library and to the small small room overlooking the hanger where her new master was residing. "Well then, what next, also... what do you think"?

[member="Wu Yeoh"]

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

Wu was looking over things when her padawan arrived. There was a look on he r face when she was impressed with it. Where she could look at many of the things here now. "Very impressive, not to tight but not loose enough to get snagged. Which is good and you have more protection then with many of the other types of material used for the clothing." She said it but also had the shuttle ready as the world came up into view. "it isn't the most impressive but the jedi themselves work on many things. She could see on the image map the snow capped mountains and there was a massive cave network connected on the surface with now tubes and roadways under shields and cover that had been getting covered with snow. Wu motioned to the seats in the shuttle and the runabouts were small, sleek and fast compared to many of the other ships with a heavy defensive system as the ablative armor encased them with shields activating and the pilots were taking them down. SMall inside but Wu had her field kit on her thigh. THe snow going against the ship once they broke down into the atmosphere of the planet. Snow storms were common but they had been making the tunnels that connected and protected from everything.

Sukai gave a short bow, glad with the outcome of the whole new outfit, perhaps she would indulge in fashion a bit more, it did not hurt to have a wide range of outfits, "Thank you, with this I doubt any Sith will be stabbing me again, but that not it, when I wear this robe, it feels as though the darkness inside me is, push aside, I will not lie, it is a nice feeling, even if it seems as though a part of me has temporally vanished, guess its something I'll have to get used to". Maybe that was for the best, when drawing from the dark side Sukai often became, how would she put if... evil? Her sadistic side coming out, a part of her enjoying the pain of others, the thrill of watching them suffer.

Sukai gave a light shrug at the shuttle, she had been on worse, as long as it flew alright she did not really care that much, "Its okay, what this about the place we are exploring anyways"? she asked upon sitting down. Her last few trip seemed to have mainly been on hot or humid planets, so a change of pace to a more colder climate seemed in order, in addition this planet was not one Sukai had visited before making things a little exciting.

[member="Wu Yeoh"]

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

"I am not certain about all of it." She said it and didn't know the complete history of the world, most of it had been lost but she was able to discoer a few things for them to see. With a look over though at the screen and the padawan she had to agree about the outfit. it could make you feel different before she looked over. "The outfit can take some getting used to but you should be able to adpt to it eventually. It just works to bring forth the lightside within you." She offered a smile on her face when she wanted to look at a few things on the screen. "I know the jedi teams who have been around here, researching and discovering parts of it while building up something around the planet."

Oh, so this place was as much a mystery to herself as it was her master, that would make for a interesting visit, they could both learn from this experience, "Well nothing like learning together about new sights and places, kind of feels like old times, and thank you about the outfit, I know it will take time to master it feel, probably good that the first mission I am wearing it on is just a simple exploration mission and not something like a combat mission". That was not to say did not want to test out the suits capabilities, but that could wait for now. Soon conversation went back to that of the excavation at hand and what was happening on the surface, "hmm, must be a bit hard, with it being a water world and all, but that makes things even more challenging, and thus fun".

[member="Wu Yeoh"]

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

Hahaha that was the spirit and they could look at all of the things for them now though. The runabout was coming down and there was the jedi poutpost here, carved stone in the side of the mountain and it looked more like a monastery then anything else. To give them a true sense of scope it looked over a massive valley where the frozen streams were cracked at places. letting the deep rivers flow beneath. Some of the local creatures were there getting water, small birds that flew with silvery white feathers and jakobeasts that had ben brought to the planet itself. As far as herd animals they were good at finding places that food could grow or hunting for game on the ice fields. Wu was looking out at it and opened the doors to the crisp air as she was walking and leading the way on the stone pathways. The mounds of ice to the sides that had been shoveled and the droids who were roaming around as overhead a containment shield flickered with some of the wind and snow. They had some protection and there was a tram system going up and down through the mountains around them. Wu walked with a smile on her face. "That is the idea, combat doesn't define a jedi but one must always be ready for it."

Sukai glued her face to the shuttle window as the craft descended closer to the planets surface, besides the potential natural disasters and other environmental danger, she could say that landscape was amazing, though that was something that sprouted from her mouth on every new planet she visited, though this one was a nice gem. "Hu, oh yes, combat not defining a Jedi... guess that ideology is right, unlike the Sith and Ren we do other stuff with our time besides attaining power, though as a Riben-Jin combat and warfare is a central part of who I am, probably why I never became a proper Jedi, still you are right, their is more to life then just fighting, its how we evolve, change and learn".

[member="Wu Yeoh"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom