Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The pointy end

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

Wu was looking at her for a moment and then as the drones started to work their repulsors to add pressure and push downwards she focused on the force and let a small device slip from her sleeve. "Now focus as they try and stop you from hold them up." SHe gave it a moment and waited a little longer before firing it off. The muffled pop, the thump that could come as she fired a marshmellow towards the padawan who was focusing to try and break her concentration instead of well doing something expected. She worked to surpress a giggle and changed to a rapid fire with the smaller minimellows.

Losing is tempoary, giving up is permanent.
Sukai waited a few second, making sure she had everything steamy before giving Wu a nod to go ahead with the exerciser, first to fire its jets where the lightest drones, easy enough to counter, but slowly as each drone fired it started to put a bit of strain on her telekinesis. It was a bit difficult but she was slowly able to once again bring them under control, "okay, that wa-.. *pip*, ah, what in the, are you shooting marshm-, *pip, pip pip*, ah, oh eh", the distraction proved to be working as the heavier drones slip out of her grasp.

"whoa, hey not you don't get back u- mpfh" while talking to herself on of the mini marshmallows landed in her mouth, slightly stunning her, and though that slight slip up dropped two of the drone, the jets making them hit the floor before she was able to stop them. "This is the most , unorthodox training I have ever been subjected to, also where did you get those"?

[member="Wu Yeoh"]

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

Wu wouldn't reveal where she had hidden the toys on her person.... but she offered a smile to the padawan while she was looking at her. "One of the most important lessons you can learn is how to not get distracted. Sure the force capabilities are there and important, never doubt that but if your concentration can be broken from a small thing like this hitting you then what could happen when a life is depending on you. If you fail, if you fall, if you can't do it then those you are trying to help, those you are protecting face the danger same as you if not more as they had need of your help. It is not something easy to see." Wu said it before she had stayed there and crossed her arms hiding the marsh mellow gun in her sleeves again. She was small and the robes well oversized on her for the most part.

Sukai gave her a 'are you serious look' to Wu during the entire lecture while pointing to the scar across her left eye, she knew that all to well about concentration, what happens when you slip up and its outcomes, she was lucky to have not gone blind, "Forgive me Yeoh-sama, but I am well antiquated with keeping focus and keeping a level head, it was more to do with the fact you had a marshmallow gun, and the weirdness of the situation that threw me off, no offense". Though to be fair the marshmallow that had ended up in her mouth did taste nice, hopefully they would continue this type of training, though she gave a slight scowl when Wu hid the gun away, 'stupid oversized robes'. Taking in a deep breath Sukai took a firm stance once more, lifting the drone back up into place, "Okay, I am ready, lets go again", 'remember mothers words, if it don't kill you, ignore it'.

[member="Wu Yeoh"]

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

"Then that is where we must focus." She said it with a nod of her head, mostly because she understood harsh lessons but well you needed to be able to handle some things. "It was only meant to teach it but as you have experience, then we will just need to practice it... in a safer manner. Don't want to hurt you intentionally at least." She was ready to continue as the padawan went back to her focus on the drones and she motioned for them to go to standby for the moment. To let the girl lift them with more ease before they fired those boosters again to resist. She would have to think of something that could surprise her while she stood there with her hands behind her back. A sly grin on her face but she was impressed by what the padawan knew already.

"Sorry for out speaking, I just wanted to let you know, that my past has been very trial and error, but I appreciate your concern, please continue, it does not hurt to keep practicing until I am as focused as a doctor doing open heart sugary". Sukai was still a bit used to her mothers and Sith strict way of learning, where she would often have to argue with them or make it clear she got the point before they moved on, Jedi where much more, accepting then others, sure that was a good thing, but sometime a little oomph is needed to get results, still, never doubt a teaching method until you've tried it.

She kept focuses on the drones, changing the amount of force behind her telekinesis as the thrusts burned away, 'don;t watch out for the gun, just keep focus, ignore anything Yeoh-sama throws at you... or dodge, not telling what she has up her sleeve... literately', hopefully the training session would not devolve into a circus act where she had to doge stiff being thrown at her while balancing an object.

[member="Wu Yeoh"]

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

Wu was looking at her, the padawan had managed to keep herself ready anb calm so that they could continue which meant... she needed to think of a new way to try and distract her and break her concentration. Mostly to work on the lesson but also as she moved around quietly and carefully to improve upon it. Marshmellows were good, chips were better... the more crispy and crunchy to make the sounds is what you needed. Wu produced a small bag with a nod of her head while she was eating one. "You are doing good, now keep your focus away from the distraction of anything... allow the force to flow throughout your body and lift you up. These meditations can calm your mind and body and let you reconnect to the force easily enough when you are out and about."

Sukai would be lying if she said that she was completely focused on the task at hand, a small part of her continued to keep a look out for WU and what ever strange thing she would pull next. It was kind of a 7 sense besides the force, through constantly getting into ridiculous situations with Sith lords, blood crazed wookies, slaving lizard men Sukai had developed this little extra tendency to suspect everyone, a bad habit that she would have to break when becoming a full fledged member of the Silver Jedi.

*crunch*.... 'Chips.... seriously', where did she get those, robes again I bet', the crunch and crack of the chip being broken was a louder then usual noise, 'no just ignore it, try to let go, find inner peace, remember what Sol taught you, disregard your surroundings.... this is meditation, just imagine you are sitting down, remember that feeling'. Sukai breathed out slowly and refocused, the only sound she could hear was that off Wu's, the force enveloping her, pushing anything not of importance out of her mind.

[member="Wu Yeoh"]

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

Wu allowed the force energies to wash over herself now as Sky was. TO block out all distractions but also because she wanted to well try and distract her but after awhile it could get boring and she had an idea for other surprises that get the girl confused later on. Break that iron concentration she had going for now at least. A grin appearing on her face when she moved behind the padawan but wasn't too close. Just close enough to speak. "Careful now, don't lose focus." She wanted her to keep it up for as long as she could for as long as she could.They had gotten to eat, they had full stomachs, she had some water here they could use clasping her hands together as she rubbed them. Good good, you have all that previous learning on top of what I might be able to teach. Wu was prepared for it and stood there

Sukai had totally blocked out any outside interference but could still hear sound, as such she was not so pleasantry surprised when Wu's voice echoed behind her, slightly uncomfortable, reminding her of the time Tanasuki pulled pranks while training as a youngster. Her first instinct was to deliver a right hook to the person standing behind her, but kept it repressed, 'its just a test, just a test, don't react, just ignore it, focus'.

Sukai let out a loud sight and continued to regulate the force around her to keep the drones almost perfectly still, relaxing and letting the light side of the force radiate around and inside her, 'I am going to get this right, nothing will stop me, nothing will distract me, no sound, no feeling... nothing'. Hopefully Wu was satisfied by her performance, though in no way tired just yet, it felt like the had been training for a solid hour.

[member="Wu Yeoh"]

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

She was doing it better then expected though Wu had stopped herself from doing the thing.. the thing with the fake finger on the end of the stick. She could direct it and go under the padawan's nose just to mess with her for a moment but... no this one was more serious and she was only testing her to see what they could do. Not to have it be full fledged master and student. Still seeing how impressive she was Wu adjusted the drones to move now and instead of just trying to go down now they were working to jerk to the sides. Some up and down others left and right to mess with her focus as she spoke. "Give it another twenty minutes of focus and then have some water and maybe some cake."

The sudden jerking of the drone threw Sukai off balance for a few seconds before taking them under control again, the different ways they moved and turned making her have to put more focus into the force to try and predict their movement, putting more strain on the young girls mind. Hopefully she would not have to be in a life threatening position, but if she could master telekinesis, to such a fine art... Wus words echoed in the back ground, but Sukai only heard, 20 minutes, and cake... cake was good, could she hold out for that long, only one way to find out, though over stressing ones self was something to avoid, lest end up with a headache or nose bleed.

[member="Wu Yeoh"]

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

She thought for moment she saw a grin on her padawans face, all of the work that had gone into this well wasn't the greatest. She sadly never claimed it but watched the padawan with the drones as they moved to jerk free of her telekinetic grip. As a means to test her though it provided more before they started going faster and faster jerking around now. "Careful, don't want to lose it." The stones that would normally be used functioned with increased weight that you needed t lift and more would be added to it. Wu herself started to straighten her hair as she pulled it back into a tighter ponytail. She waited until they were done and motioned with her hand for the padawan to join her where they were going now. She had a droid bring in the food as a reward for the two of them. Here in the reconstructed temple she could check out a few other parts as the Library dropped out of hyperspace showing the world below on a screen. Oceans and large continents that were full of green as Wu sat down getting a smile on her face cutting pieces for them.

Sukai frowned a bit as the drones continued to to jerk and move, though she was trying her best they where slowly pulling away from her grasp with each increase in speed and weight, straining her telekinesis ability to the limit. Finally she reached her limit, letting go of the drones, the metal contraption falling to the ground as Sukai released her hold on them, falling onto her knees panting slightly. "Sorry, reached my limit, ah ah ah, so, cake"?

It tuned out she had passed anyways as Wu beckoned her over to a table of food and other delights as a reward for training, it kind of felt like how an animal was tamed but Sukai was not one to be picky, especially with such a fine spread. "So, may I ask where the ship is headed Yeoh-sama", she had felt the ship drop from hyper space, but was a little unsure with where they where going currently, "Is the ship on a diplomatic mission of some sorts"?

[member="Wu Yeoh"]

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

"THe ship is a little large for diplomatic missions, seeing what looks like a monolith appearing over you is not the best way. No this ship is heading towards Rhen Var where massive construction and reconstruction of temples is taking place. Some Jin, Atrisians and a number of other species have started to come together to create a frozen sanctuary world. Even working to discover a number of new creatures that might be on the planet or hidden away beneath the ice." She said it with a small smile on her face though while they were all moving and the jedi herself was eating as she got a few pieces of cake with sweet cream.

Sukai gave a a slightly embarrassed chuckle, yer, most diplomatic missions where done using shuttle and small ship, people always seemed to react defensively to large craft, and from what she saw the ship the where currently in was armed, which did not help that much. Though what Wu said next really sparked her interest, Jin, and other people of similar culture coming together to rebuild Jedi temple from the past and detail new creatures. It reminded her of the hunting trip she once went on with a Sith some 6 armed sniper lady and other mercs of some force eating beast, it had been a while since she had taken part in a trek of some sort. She swallowed the pieces of food in her mother before speaking, the meal as delicious as ever, "It sounds like you have quite a schedule ahead of you, would I be allowed to participate in such an event"?

[member="Wu Yeoh"]

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

She looked at her witha grin and gave a nod. I don't see why not, might have to help me get into one of the robes though." She said it and looked down as they were heading out... time to get one of the skylar robes that were developed and made for them. Looking on as she finished eating, she had a few ideas of what they might be able to do when the jedi knight looked up offering a smile. "Hmm what else is there we might need, there is some equipment you might want to get. Specifically a field pack, it is small but packed with a number of pieces you can and would need in the field. Including a canteen that produces its own water, ration packs that can feed twenty soldiers for a week so you should have more then enough food wise."

"Robes"? Sukai asked a bit quizzically, did they have some special underwater breathing ability? with all the fancy gadgets and so forth these day it was not unheard of for such attire to be real, though judging from Wu's words they did not seem to be the easiest to get into. As for the equipment pack, that was nothing new the canteen she mention was something Sukai often carried with her during long journeys, the since being quite simple, all the it did was take the moister out of the air and condense it, much like the alter environment force ability. "It is okay, I am use to carrying much heavier Items, will be nice to get back into traveling mode, it has been a while since I have explored a new planet".

[member="Wu Yeoh"]

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

"Yes some of the new robes that have been designed and made for the jedi use the skylar material. It is amazingly protective againnst just about everything while being lightweight and weatherproof from water, heat, temperature and then it can improve circulation." She shrugged leaving in a little of it but her wearing it took a little while since it was more compression. "It is also a lot more form fitted to properly work which can take a little longer to get into." Wu said it but offered a grin that was wide before she straightened her hair. "We';; have a lot of equipment, some of the new tents use hardlight to make carrying them a lot easier. Just activate it and done, then let it recharge in the sun during the day."

Sukai listened intently to her description of the robes, in all honesty she could use a new combat outfit, sure her suit was okay, but it was only good ad deflecting blaster bolts and light saber, not really anything else, if she could get some sort of robe made from this material. "A robe like that would work for me, would mean less clothing to pack when traveling to different planets, also probably prevent myself stabbed any more"?

She gave Wu a slightly awkward look at her grin an mention of 'hard to get into', 'she isn't going to ask me for help... is she'? "Well, it seems as though you are equipped too explore just about any planet, do you have a spare set of robes for me? and how long until we land?"?

[member="Wu Yeoh"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom