Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Point Where We Break

yY25iSp.png
Ship: The Red Night
Weapons: Blaster Pistol

Tag: Valery Noble Valery Noble

"I feel it," Gatz confirmed, "it's... humming. Like an overcharged power cell."

Valery believed in the story. That much was clear to Gatz. Whatever she'd wished for—and he was certain that she'd made a wish—it had come true. He was positive about that. And it was refreshing, in its own way, that Valery could find it in herself to believe in such a tall tale, even after all the darkness she must have seen. Even now, in the depths she was dwelling after having killed her sister, she still clung to the idea that wishing on a lake would make such a wish come true.

But no wish of his would ever come true, Force Nexus or not. He kept that to himself, though.

When Gatz joined Valery at the ramp, it was with a puffy red parka. He found her with her nose and chin tucked into her coat, which even Gatz had to admit was a pretty adorable sight. He'd forgotten how much Valery hated the cold. Later, after they'd talked, he'd have to make sure to dump some snow down the back of her jacket, just to mess with her.

But for now, Gatz merely offered his friend his arm.

"Was there... anywhere in particular around the lake you wanted to go? Or did you want to just walk for a bit?"

His purpose here was still to find a place where Valery felt secure; where they could sit and chat for a little bit, to get the weight of her burdens off her shoulders for a small while. But if she wanted to meander for a while, he'd offer no argument. Whatever made her feel the most comfortable was what he would offer her.

Red Night
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsaber | Double-Bladed Lightsaber
Tag: Gatz Derrevar Gatz Derrevar

Valery nodded, "The history of the lake is very somber, but the Nexus and tales that followed later make it a very comforting place to be. Especially at night, when you can see the reflection of the moon and stars in the clear water." She had always been quite a romantic, so these little things were particularly beautiful to her. Even if they technically weren't here at the right time — the winter solstice was still a little bit away.

But on that day, she was going to just come back here a second time.

After waiting outside for a moment, Valery heard Gatz approaching down the ramp of his ship and turned to face him, "I'd just like to walk there for a bit," she said, her voice muffled because she refused to pull herself out of the warm embrace of her coat. "It'll feel nice to just see it and be close to the Nexus."

Afterwards, they could go into town for food and hot drinks that would help soothe the soul. But she liked sharing these types of places with her friends, so she really wanted to go. Maybe Gatz himself would find it comforting too, even if he was focused more on helping her out right now.

"Do you have any places like this? That are important to you?"

yY25iSp.png
Ship: The Red Night
Weapons: Blaster Pistol

Tag: Valery Noble Valery Noble

The lake sounded like a beautiful place, if nothing else. Maybe he didn't need to believe in the legend to appreciate it. Valery seemed awfully fond of it, even if that was because she might have made a wish on it that had come true. But maybe Gatz didn't need the same. Maybe his friend sharing a place that was special to her was the only reason he needed to enjoy it himself.

"I've never believed in wishing, but... I'd like to see it nonetheless."

Valery wanted to walk, and so they did. Gatz, who made his home amongst the cold space between stars, was not nearly as perturbed by the temperature as Valery was. Bundled up and dug into her coat as she was, Gatz thought that she might freeze if a particularly frigid wind blew them by. He was glad, then, that she had actually packed winter clothes. Of course, they'd have never left New Cov if she hadn't.

He could be just as stubborn as she was.

"Do you have any places like this? That are important to you?"

Gatz was quiet for a few steps, a frown blooming on his face as he tried to recall the few good memories he had. It was a much harder task than it should have been.

"Not really. Most of my memories are bad ones," Gatz admitted somberly, "but... there's an old swoop track on Corellia. Dad roped Mom and and Uncle Klein into coming, and then took me to see my first race, not long after I... came home."

After he'd left the Order, was what he really meant.

"I guess that's the best I've got. But I don't know if I could go back there now that—" Gatz swallowed past a lump in his throat, "now that I'm alone."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom