Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction The Pilgrims 3: Progenitor's Call (open to Jedi and Lightsiders)

"Spray my sails," she gasped, brown eyes shining.

She'd never been to another water world before. For some reason she'd assumed they were all stormy or consistently grey like Pamarthe was most of the year. Manaan was beautiful, spectacular even, by comparison, and the warm sun on her dark skin was a comforting change from the oppressive heat of Jakku. Storms, even the sea smelled different. The waves here were so calm that on their flight in she had spotted people in swimsuits, SURFING the waves. She'd heard of such activities, but almost never for fun. On Pamarthe if you were caught surfing it was to get the karking hell off the water before the lions got to you or you were just unfortunate enough to be caught shipwrecked in a really bad storm. And what was this about paddleboarding?

Craziness.

But it brought a strong sense of calmness to her. The seas here were calm, seemingly all the time. The way the deep, blue-green surface glittered in the sunlight painted a perfect picture in her mind. Could her sea ever be this calm? Where she could paddle through the waters with nothing but her hand and the slightest of warm summer breezes? Doubtful.

She listened intently to Master Quill speak. Despite his cranky nature and relative coldness, Thalia had grown to quietly adore and respect the old sand hermit and she hung on his every word. She only ever did this when he talked about the Force. Most anything else he ever muttered through his thick mustache tended to be either nonsense or just plain boring to listen to, but she listened to this stuff. She made up her mind the minute he said the word waveform. Everything else except where to go filtered out and she found herself among several familiar faces. She didn't say anything to them though. Not yet. The Waveform group was pretty large. She wondered if anything would even get done with only one Master to teach them all. They looked like kids fresh off the shuttle for a school trip. By the seven this was so cool. They looked so crash! She could barely contain herself. Indeed she was eagerly bouncing from one foot to the other slightly.

The massive Selkath gave her a sharp glare as he read over his datapad and she felt some of her earlier enthusiasm drain, her eyes falling on the massive weapon at his hip. When he gave the word she followed, lagging behind just a little bit behind the rest of the group. The water he'd led them to didn't sound like it should have been normal. There was nearly always some sort of storm or heavy wind going on at Pamarthe except during the autumn months where the air turned crisp and the storms were less common, leaving the water to barely lap at the shores. She'd heard that far out on the ocean it was calmer than it was near the shores but this? It looked more harmless than a Salt Hound pup. The sound washed over her making her uncomfortable. Seeing the calm waters from above was one thing but this? It felt unnatural.

The sound nearly caused her to miss the demonstration, of which she only caught the end as the wave crashed, snapping her back into reality. She was so startled that she jumped, gripping Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze by the arm suddenly.

"Sorry," she muttered, turning her focus back onto the massive Selkath. She changed her mind. She did not like the calmness of this water.

Disappointment washed over him just as his anticlimactic wave of water that splashed all over him. Water dripped off him from head to toe as he stood blankly, unmoving. A few more tried next, a few more failed. Lightning cracked up in the sky - an apogee of the gathered Jedi's futile attempts at learning.

"Hey... Dee, it's cool. We are all here to try our best!" he heard Violet called out from behind him. Dee? Guess it worked both ways. Now he felt even more the fool; but she was right.

Dagon stepped away, water drizzling down from his hair and clothes; a walking sponge. A glance at Master Ebass and the padawan realized Aaran might've been right. The Selkath, for all his reserved and seemingly mean nature, emanated a presence of confidence and diligence. Even if it looked completely the opposite on his face, he did hope, no- he did believe in the Jedi's capability to learn. Whether it was his teacher's instincts or the pride to pass on knowledge of the sacred Order of Shasa to outsiders - Dagon would never find out.

What he did find out is his own diligence resurfacing back from under the veils of disappointment. Determination and a stubborn head - he had those in abundance. The wilds of Ruusan were unforgiving to those that did not.

Ouch!

He gritted his teeth briefly as someone grabbed his arm tight, the wounds flaring making themselves known.

"Sorry!" Dagon looked down to see a startled girl glaring at the ocean with a hint of dread.

"Uh, that's--fine." he said, a silent sigh escaping him. Then with a note of assurance, "Go, try it."

The bay brimmed up with an air of gloom and disillusionment. He felt the need to, at least try, and remedy it; a Jedi's responsibility wasn't only to protect others but also to uplift them.

He looked up at Violet and smirked, "Yeah, you too." and then more audibly to the rest, voice laced with inspiration through the Force, "Come on, let's do this. Give our best and I bet we'll get it right!"

Violet Horne Violet Horne | Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei | Viers Connory Viers Connory | Kaska Arden Kaska Arden | Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo | Cotan Sar'andor Cotan Sar'andor | Thalia Senn Thalia Senn | Kaia Starchaser Kaia Starchaser | DID I MISS SOMEONE?

Kaska Arden

black holes, solid ground

vhiYSGL.png

W A V E F O R M

Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze | Violet Horne Violet Horne | Viers Connory Viers Connory | Thalia Senn Thalia Senn | Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo

Cotan Sar'andor Cotan Sar'andor | Kaia Starchaser Kaia Starchaser

9XjY1iq.png
T86e1fu.png

Kaska absently shook her head at Master Sar'andor's offer. Her attention focused on the waves themselves, trying to find answers in pattern of their movements, the way they reacted to the rest of the group's frequent and explosive attempts to replicate the Selkath's form. If they even achieved anything at all. They were all clearly missing something. All struggling to find a puzzle piece that was apparently looking them right in the face judging from how their instructor seemed to think they had all they needed from those two simple displays.

There was something niggling her about what Quill said...

"That thing you did," She murmured, glancing towards Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei as he rejoined the group. Chewing the edge of her lip as she tried to sort through the swirling fragments of an idea into something coherent. "If I help, do you think you could do it again?"

It apparently wasn't a question given from the gentle shove she gave his shoulder, pushing him towards the opening of the little bay area. Unlike the two currently meditating on the problem, with her limited master of force sense, she needed to acquire her data through other means. Besides, maybe there was a reason they were put in groups in the first place? "You might have focused too high last time, but I do not think you had the wrong idea. Quill said this was akin to altered environment, yes?"

Another almost excited shove.

"
Do it again." Kaska repeated, "This time do not think about anything but the waves themselves. Leave the targeting to me, just focus on building them up."

Meanwhile, Ebass made a soft, chuffing grunt in the back of his throat as he continued to observe his charges. With no outward shift in his perpetually sour expression, however, it was difficult to determine if it was born out of a begrudging glimmer of approval from the Selkath or general frustration at their continued antics. They would either learn from their mistakes or they would not. The only form of encouragement he offered their constant attempts was a simple word.

"Continue."

Truth Sense
Julius Sedaire Julius Sedaire Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kisaku Oroken Kisaku Oroken
=================

"Always good to hand off responsibility for the bar," Tiland said, letting no emphasis fall on the word bar. "I have a friend out on the Rim who's been trying to get a bar up and running out there. Might not be bad to see if there's any business partnerships there." His staff echoed on the surface of the city as they paced their way to Master Gulepi. "And I do have to say, giving up responsibilities to the younger folks. It is quite refreshing. And my teas are excellent, thank you. Been working on several new blends with Force-based properties. Been working with the Jedi Pilgrims and Circle of the Light Hand over with the Trade League out of Susefvi, but been doing a lot of work investigating the monasteries of Qi-Ko."

He beamed at Kuxirra and the other newcomer, a Miraluka. "Well met! I am Tiland Kortun, most often from the Outer Rim. And yes, pay no mind to us old dodderers reminiscing. Where are you two from?"

As they approached, they could see Master Gulepi awaiting them on a small platform off the edge of the city, connected by a small staircase. The Selkath waiting for them was ancient, with the traditional blade that seemed to have dinks and damage to the edge rather than one new and shining.

"Master Gulepi," Tiland said, bowing deeply. "I am Tiland Kortun and I am honored that you would share your wisdom with us."

Grey Jedi Padawan/Cinnamon Roll
At Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun 's question, Kuxirra sighed. "It's complicated. I was born on Shili, but someone took me away as a baby and tried to turn me into a super soldier. I only recently found my way back home. Do you know my Master, Red? He was an experiment, too. Slip and I are practically siblings." She said. When they approached Master Gulepi, Kuxirra bowed as well. "I'm Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri. Thank you for being willing to teach us." It likely sounded like the Togruta was echoing the older Jedi, but the Selkath would know her words to be sincere. The Padawan was well aware that she was the youngest of this group, but she knew it'd work out, as she was eager to learn all she could. Sometimes it feels like her mind was a sponge, absorbing every tidbit of information it found.

Auraya Irath-Ur

A
In a state so focused as she had put herself in, the amplification of the Force which so gracefully flowed outward from the Progenitor was felt in placid ripples that washed over the girl. Small enough that they were not a nuisance, able to be drowned out if she willed it, but frequent enough that she could follow each back toward its source.
It had not been present when first she sat. She breathed in a deep breath and allowed each ripple to guide her, curious of their true source and grateful for their place among the Force. Had she not been so deeply entrenched in her meditations she might have worried that it was, in some way, cheating. But in her current state such intrusive thoughts had no place, she could only move with the ebbs and flows of the Force, go where it led. It was, after all, affected by all things - the intentional, as she presumed this was, and the unintentional. Never still, she had come to learn.
The presence of the beast was a little overwhelming to be sure. She had never been in the company of so ancient a being, which held within its maw raw power; she could feel its muscles rolling and coiling with each motion it made, knew that should it will it the great beast could take them all down. And yet those in the water seemed not to bother it at all. It seemed to go against its own natural instincts in that regard, what little research she had done of Manaan had revealed the Firaxan Shark to be the apex predator. Ordinarily, to swim among one would spell disaster.
And yet, here they were.
Slowly, gently, she allowed her presence to grace it; she brushed against it with a certain reverence, timid in her approach in that she did not sway or intrude upon it. Auraya was not here to disrupt the natural order of things, she did not wish to draw its attention her way. She simply sought to exist alongside it, to move as it moved like some miniscule shadow lost to the depths of the ocean floor.

PROGENITOR'S CALL
Viera Viera Aeris Lashiec Aeris Lashiec Auteme Auteme Auraya Irath-Ur Audren Sykes Audren Sykes

Having spent many years on Hoth and now living on Jakku, swimming and Quill were barely on speaking terms. At water level, he and Tilon clung to ridges on the Progenitor's flanks alongside the youngest Selkath children.

In theory it was supposed to be a spiritual and joyful experience. It had quickly devolved into one of the least comfortable of Quill's life. But Tilon, somehow, was into it. The skinny little recent Sith acolyte hung onto the Progenitor like a limpet. So Quill hung on too.

Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill / Viera Viera / Auteme Auteme / Auraya Irath-Ur / Audren Sykes Audren Sykes

To touch upon the surface of something so sacred whether it was physically or not felt daunting. While Aeris very much doubted that she alone could do much against the progenitor, it was still something she chose to see as a sign of trust. Outsiders had many times tried to twist the progenitor to their own agendas, but the Shasa seemed willing to trust that the Jedi wouldn’t be one to do such a thing.

Which given recent events most likely said something. Some would most likely argue that if anything the Jedi had not been acting like themselves or as the symbols that they were meant to be as of late. Perhaps this was more than just a chance to slowly rebuild their old bridges.

Soft, lightly water-wrinkled fingertips brushed against the creature’s scales with wondrous glee before they latched onto a slightly frayed piece of its scale that offered Aeris a decent grip to hold on to with enough care to ensure that it wouldn’t hurt the leviathan before her.

Kisaku stiffened slightly at being addressed. He shouldn't have been surprised. It didn't matter how mopey he was, Jedi were not generally anti-social people. He listened quietly to Kuxirra's words before responding himself. "Coruscant... It is a pleasure to meet you Master Sedaire, and Master Kortun." The words still came out stiff. He resorted to formality. Polite, but distant. The walls were firmly up.

Master Gulepi bowed to the ensemble as they came to him. It was a slow, graceful movement. "It is not my truth you will find during your stay here. It is your own. Welcome, friends." The elderly selkath greeted them before straightening with grace. He turned, beginning to descend the staircase with a gentle wave for the group to follow him.

As they descended, they found themselves in a meditation room that was softly lit by glass windows surrounding it. Sunlight cascaded in through the surface of the water above. The refractions of the light passing through made dancing shadows and shapes from the gentle rolling of the water above.

There were several Selkath here seemingly divided into pairs. They sat calmly just across from one another making unflinching eye-contact as they breathed in slow controlled rhythms.

"I would ask you to pair yourselves off so that I may walk you into the first steps of this journey."

The water was clear, easy to see as her fellow Jedi swam towards the Progenitor. Viera remained where she was, watching as various Selkath made their way towards the ancient creature. Some moved with practiced ease, clearly the older and more experienced. Tailing just behind them were likely the younger Seltkath, old enough to swim and not rely on holding onto the Progenitor’s sides.

Aeris and Audren had dived in just a bit after, while Master Quill; his Padawan, and Auraya remained up above the water. She was sure they had their reasons for not going into the water, but they were truly missing out. The Progenitor’s form above the surface did not do justice to how huge it was beneath the waves. Even the older Selkath looked like children against it.

Viera swam a bit closer but ultimately kept further distance than the other Jedi. While the voices were quiet right now, they wouldn’t remain so forever. She’d rather maintain a distance than be up close and accidentally surprise the ancient being with multiple voices screaming out suddenly.

To start she let her body go, allowing her form to simply float in the water that surrounded her. She then closed her eyes and focused herself inwards, drawing upon the Force. Like a mute exhale she reached back out and stretched out her senses.

She immediately felt the presence of the ancient being, an overwhelming sensation that seemed to expand out with the waves. In any over context being in the proximity of a Firaxan Shark would be deadly. The Progenitor’s sheer size was enough to intimidate, and yet no one was. Viera could feel the various Selkath interactions with the creature, unafraid in their approach and opening of their minds. She could feel the connection bouncing between them, the Progenitor easily capable of communicating with each and every one of them.

Viera could feel a measure of unease beneath the surface of the Progenitor. A natural instinct, no doubt brought on by the presence of them; outsiders. It’s predecessors had a harsh history with them, many that came to exploit or outright murder the ancient beings. And yet the Progenitor was welcoming to them.

No doubt the presence of Master Kryll was helping with that.

Julius had nodded in agreement with Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun and followed as they talked, and smiled as the younger two introduced themselves. He was getting used to being someone who was in charge. It still felt strange to be comfortable as a leader. The itch to buck authority and rebel still plagued him, as did the worry over home when he wasn't there.

"Tiland, why don't we let the younglings pick between us. That way we all learn a little something, hmmm?"

Kisaku Oroken Kisaku Oroken | Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri

Grey Jedi Padawan/Cinnamon Roll
Oh, kriff... Kuxirra rarely made eye contact. She hated doing it. Even so, she had to do it. She turned to Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun . "Master Kortun, I'll go with you if you're not against it."

Zenda and Leehak Tano-Bonteri had heard about the coral known as Golden Sun and the blue banthas, as well as the skills learned, from their daughter, Kuxirra. On this most recent trip, they decided to come along. As they watched Kuxirra make her way to Gulepi, Zenda followed the greater portion of the group to Ebass and Leehak went to Kryll.

Zenda watched the others, only observing for the time being. After a few minutes, however, she closed her eyes and reached out with the Force, feeling not only the buoy, but the water around it. She felt the gentle ebb and flow of the waves, and she understood. She had always imagined the Force as a river of sorts, and herself as a fish. She felt the waves gently push the buoy this way and that, and at the right moment, she pulled. Not at the buoy, but at the water around it. The object swiftly came to her, almost as gracefully as it had come to the teacher earlier.

Leehak dove with Viera Viera and gently brushed against the Progenitor, using both his fingertips and his mind. This truly was a magnificent creature. Is this how Kuxirra felt with the blue banthas and Golden Sun? Force, I need to go on more of these.

Taiia-Test.png

Truth Sense

Equipment: Lightsaber
Manaan was a place of unrivaled beauty and a world that until today she had never set foot upon. Yet here she found herself and perhaps under the strangest of circumstances. Not only had she come to listen and to learn but to do that among those she would have perhaps once called peers. How times had changed indeed but today was not about philosophy it was an opportunity to learn and grow in the knowledge of the force.​
For her furthering her understanding of the living force was paramount. And so she had come to Ahto City, she found herself tucked into the back away from everyone else but more than able to hear. Her eyes fixed on Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill giving her undivided attention as he spoke, that's not to say she was not keenly aware of her surroundings at all times.​
As the gathering began to break apart and move to the various lessons the woman gave one last scan with her eyes before she followed after the group seeking to learn Truth Sense. While any of the abilities being offered would benefit any force user, hers was to follow the will of the force and she could feel it pulling ever so slightly in this direction.​
She followed quietly after Master Gulepi and the others, descending down the stairs to a most serene meditation room. at the mention of pairing off she gave a slight smile and finally spoke up. "It would seem we have arrived at an odd number for the lesson Master Gulepi."

(Edit: Grammar)​

Last edited:
Travelin’ the Stars
Well, that went just about as well as he thought it would. Somehow he tried to control a complete different type of wave. Electronic ones, that is. Disappointed, he made his way towards the back of the group.

He stopped in his tracks after a voice spoke to him. Looking up he saw a girl, probably a few years older than him, talking about what he did. She asked if he could try connecting to the waves again. The look on her face meant that she had an idea, as he had worn that same look many times.

"I mean, I controlled the wrong type of wave, but..."

Before he could even finish his sentence he was greeted with a gentle push on his shoulder. Deciding to go along with it, he spun around and walked towards the end of the dock. While walking he passed the two Jedi meditating about the ability. Meditating had never been much of his thing, and he wasn't sure if it would ever be.

She then went on to explain how he probably focused too high, which ended up causing the lightning. It somewhat seemed to make sense. With another playful shove on his shoulder he was greeted with an excited voice.

"Do it again."

Well, at least he'll give it a shot. The girl, who's name he still had yet to learn, was very intrigued with finding out how this power worked. And to be honest, he was starting to become more and more interested as well. Reaching out his hand again he tried to focus on the waves. A series of words rang through his head as he began to focus in.

"Alright y'all, here goes nothing."

Waves. Water. Ocean. Moisture. Rain. Storm. Sea. Thunder. Downpour. Lightning.

This wasn't good. As much as he tried he couldn't get the electronic wave thoughts out of his head. Opening one eye slightly he noticed the waves were very faintly moving with his control. But the thing that caught his eye was the buoy. Small sparks of electricity were bouncing off of it,, plus, the sky started to rumble again.

C'mon, just focus.

It was hard to focus when he was dealing with two different types of waves. Also, he could help but try to wonder what the girl was going to do.

Kaska Arden Kaska Arden | Cotan Sar'andor Cotan Sar'andor | Kaia Starchaser Kaia Starchaser | Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze | Violet Horne Violet Horne | Viers Connory Viers Connory | Thalia Senn Thalia Senn | Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo

For a Jedi, learning seemed to be part and parcel to everything. Learning new tricks, new tactics, new skills. She was a different kind of Jedi, a warden, an explorer, to some lost, to many others, hero. She was also not one who was too deep into the planetary uses of the Force, she was looking forward to Waveform because it did mean that she could learn to modify the local environment, the environment within herself.

She knew enough from what her father had taught her on different paths through the Force, but also on the benefit of watching, and waiting, learning and observing. He always did call her his little sponge, able to send back what she learned from others and if she could see something done once or twice, it was easier for her. It was like that with a lot of things, diving, piloting, sword play… She stood back and watched a few, especially TeamSameName Cotan.

She’d not been on Selkath before but she was enjoying what she had seen so far. The ocean here, that was something else. Born in space, but raised on Corellia and sometimes Pamarthe, and wherever the Force lead her, and for now? It lead her to get acquainted. She smiled as she could feel the Force and feel the waves.

Looking for the patterns, feeling them. It wasn’t a far cry from how she navigated between the stars. Until now she was quiet, but the joint joy that she and the others were feeling? A girlish little squeal came out.

Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei Cotan Sar'andor Cotan Sar'andor Kaska Arden Kaska Arden Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze Violet Horne Violet Horne Viers Connory Viers Connory Thalia Cruz

c506a8b15876e0fc5aa799a848f8314c479b5891.png

//: Waveform Lesson //:
//: Focus //: Violet Horne Violet Horne //: Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze //: Thalia Senn Thalia Senn //:
//: Waveform //: Kaska Arden Kaska Arden //: Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo //: Cotan Sar'andor Cotan Sar'andor //: Kaia Starchaser Kaia Starchaser //: Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei //:
5a7eff6add47200c70dc97ecf86681cbdff5be45.png
In a fit of frustration, Viers stepped away from the buoys and frowned. This wasn’t working out the way she had thought. Over the years she had seen easy success with the force powers that she had dabbled in under her guardian, but this was something far out of her reach. Viers pulled away from the buoy area and decided to try to watch the others. She wanted to see if they had come up with any sort of way to proceed successfully.

The boy with the lightning was trying again with Kaska’s aid, but lightning was something she had tried before, but only caused a brush fire in her guardians yard. That was severely out of the question. Though, at least if she started a fire here, there was enough water to help put it out quickly. The others seemed to continue to struggle forcing everything they had into the waves and buoys.

Viers found herself deep in thought as her fingers rapidly tapped against her pouting lips. Nothing she could think of was going to work, everything was based on forcing the movement of the waves.

Glancing once more around the area, Viers felt maybe it was time for her to give in and socialize. The thought made her cringe slightly and caused the claws of anxiety to tear at her confidence. Fake it till you make it, a motto that had soon become her mantra as she made her way towards a raven haired boy (Dagon) and a girl that had been cheering for people (Violet).

As the Corellian approached the pair, she noticed Thalia as well. A cheeky grin spread across Viers’ face as she waved to Thalia, “Got tired of the sand dunes?” she playfully quipped before she introduced herself.

“I’m Viers,” she offered a hand to the girl and to basically anyone who would take it. Remembering Dagon as being the one who had attempted before her she complimented him and hoped he had some insight to the lesson, “You got really close, any tips?”

if they're watching anyways

The Force flowed through all things, so it would've been easy to stay out of the water, or even at the surface. But as soon as Auteme immersed herself in the water she felt as if there were no other way to live. Her father's lineage as a Krajilca, though diluted, caused her to have a sort of affinity for the ocean. She smiled to herself as she dove deeper in.

The Progenitor itself was enormous. Even in its still state, the Selkath all gathered around it, the barest of movements sent ripples through the water -- waves through the Force. She sank down closer to its head.

Firaxan sharks were known to be aggressive, willing to attack any who dared swim in their waters. Yet this one, this predecessor, even -- it was calm. The Selkath present stayed close to it. Close enough that all it would need to do was open its mouth and a dozen of them might be sucked in. She wondered if she was even as large as a single tooth of this grand being.

No wonder the Selkath worshipped it. A being above the dangerous sharks of their world, one that did not attack but rather healed, one to draw power from -- she thought of Ryv's table-top roleplaying game. What was the class? Paladin? Cleric? Nonetheless, to be able to channel that near-divine power was doubtless a boon to the early Force-sensitive Selkath. Perhaps it drew them to the kolto the Progenitor produced and kickstarted Selkath society and galactic relations.

While her theories ran wild, the Progenitor opened a heavy-lidded eye. For a moment she felt as if it were looking at her. It was difficult to say -- in the water it was dark, and the pupil of the great beast was very nearly as tall as Auteme herself. But in that moment her connection was started. That was the goal; just as she had connections to others like Ryv and Jend-Ro, she could build one with the Progenitor, and channel its call millions of lightyears away.

Perhaps she should've sought more 'useful' friendships. Ryv and Jend-Ro clearly weren't pulling their weight compared to the Firaxan proto-shark.

Auteme settled in the water, allowing herself to float, feeling the ebb and flow of the Force -- and the ripples made by the Progenitor.

Audren held himself underwater. The barest movements kept him at near-neutral buoyancy and the rebreather meant he didn't need to hold his breath. This allowed him to watch the Firaxa through the Force as much as his eyes - more probably, given the light refractivity in the water. As he watched, he wondered. Not in wonder so to speak, though he did have a healthy amount of respect for this ancient creature, but rather having questions occur to him.

It was one of his curses to be inquisitive at times. This creature was old, he could sense that easily. In many cases, age could be directly compared to Force power. It was also - quite obviously - rather large. Its teeth were near or beyond the size of the average Selkath and a quick snap of it's mouth could swallow more than a few of those in the water with it. Those who were big often seemed loud to those who were smaller. The two made him wonder how much of the technique known as the Progenitor's Call - the original one - was simply due to this being a big, old fish. Obviously a portion of the technique could be learned, otherwise this class wouldn't be a thing, but the thought remained.

Another thought that occurred to the Sephi was just how sentient this being was. He didn't know if this held with the firaxan species, but sharks carried a reputation for being territorial and violently responding to intrusions with violence. Yet the Progenitor was calm. It was clearly aware of those around it, but barely reacted to their presence. What then was the point of it being here? Did the members of the Order of Shasa summon it here, or had it chosen to come. And why? For a moment its attention was on him and him alone. He returned the attention with respect, but held his ground - so to speak - rather than backing away and submitting as some of the Selkath did. Before long the attention shifted elsewhere, and the Jedi almost slumped in the water with the release. If that was the weight of just simple regard, how much more powerful would a directed mental blast be from such a being?

Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill Aeris Lashiec Aeris Lashiec Auraya Irath-Ur Viera Viera Auteme Auteme

Kaska Arden Kaska Arden | Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze | Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo | Cotan Sar'andor Cotan Sar'andor | Viers Connory Viers Connory | Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei | Kaia Starchaser Kaia Starchaser | Thalia Senn Thalia Senn

Violet was briefly distracted by Dagon's smirk.

He had a nice smile.

focus, you human ingrate

That definitely ripped her out of her dreamy thoughts, right in time for her to notice Viers stepping up towards them. She coughed and immediately grabbed for her extended hand, shaking it firmly, while trying to will her face from growing red. Yes, yes, just shake it off, girl. "Hi Viers! I am Violet, this is Dagon!" Maybe they knew each other already, but she was pointedly ignoring that disgusted foreign feeling in the back of her head. we have no time for this blushing maiden act. you have seen everything there is to see. it is your time to try.

don't fail us.

Violet gulped and then noticed she was still holding onto Viers' hand. Immediately she let go there. "Sorry. All of this is rather... much, don't you think?" She looked past the fellow padawan towards the large impassive Selkath. Then the meditating masters on the ground. Okkeus and Kaska trying their best to figure out a solution for their combined problem.

"I never pictured myself here..."

But then she stepped forward anyway. Closing her eyes as she opened her mind towards the world around them. Of course, when she did, it didn't just open herself up. It allowed a passage for that other presence. That swampy sensation. It was dirt and mud. Decay as an extant form of life. It was more cautious than Violet was. Studying its surroundings curiously, before homing in on the efforts of Okkeus and Kaska. It was not sure what Kaska's plan was, but it could see just how close Okkeus was.

As the fish master had said.

Sometimes... you just needed to wait for that little push.

reach out towards the boy (shapeless, electric, soaring high in fear of the ground) help him. the collective is stronger than the individual.

She did, carefully reaching out in her mind towards Okkeus' presence. The shape was already forming in front of her. The lad trying to keep two different forms at the same time. Lightning coming easy, but the ocean resisting his call. In a sense he was flying too high to properly guide the waves beneath him, yet, it knew what to do with creatures flying too high.

You just needed to pull them down.

From the ocean grew a swamp and it started to draw Okkeus down. Away from the lightning, towards the collective of water flowing in a tide. At the same time Violet reached for Kaska's presence (polished like metal, shining, no chinks but artificial. beaten into shape.) and tried to form a fledgling connection there.

It was hard, already a splitting headache was forming behind her brow, but she knew that calling the tide was beyond her.

This was the way she could help, by serving as a bridge for their efforts.

Dagon held on looking at Violet for a moment longer - she tuned to an awkward frequency and the Jedi wasn't sure exactly why. He had his suspicions, it had happened before on numerous occasions, but his smirk only grew wider and no more.​

"Sorry. All of this is rather... much, don't you think? I never pictured myself here..."

"It gets easier after the first step." he told her reassuringly, then turning to Viers, "There's your tip." he jerked his head at Violet joining the group of Okkeus and Kaska.

"We gotta do it together." Dagon stated, then beckoned both Viers Connory Viers Connory and Thalia Senn Thalia Senn to follow him. "Let's go join them."

He moved in closer to the forming coterie, shed his wet-as-a-sponge leather jacket revealing the rest of the bandages running all across his torso and huffed as he sat down on the ground. The darn wounds from Jedha weren't the only source of his momentary hesitation; he recalled the last time he had joined minds with other Jedi - Korriban, where each fall of a Jedi reverberated through his conscious. Etched forever. Tombstones forever to weight on his mind.

Dagon sought reassurance from Master Ebass, and despite his stoic face not moving a darn inch, he felt there was a comforting wave emanating from beneath the hardcase facade. He steeled his mind and glanced at each one of the other Jedi within the ad-hoc coterie; belief reflected in his eyes. Trust.

He took in a deep breath and shut his eyes opening the shutters to another reality in itself. The ethereal. He expanded his presence around, enveloping the coterie and softly touching their minds. His limited skills only allowed him as much - to scratch the surface. Only his intense experience from Korriban helped him maintain. The warnings of Asmundr Varobalder Asmundr Varobalder rang through his mind - Do not let go completely, the current will swallow you alive. Tread lightly. Exercise caution. The ramifications of dipping into the Force, essentially dragging his conscious from his body, were well inscribed in his mind by both Master Zoryu Master Zoryu and Master Varobalder.

Dagon pushed the words of caution down, their noise disrupting him more than helping and focused on the task at hand. The presences of the others in the ethereal materialized in the form of threads - or springs - all flowing into a current. He counted more presences than there physically were, the exception - a shadier string erratically jittering around what seemed to be Violet. It coiled and Dagon trod lightly around it. Whatever it was, whether his meager skills, was a case for another time.

He hesitated only once more as he stared into the ever-moving ethereal.

A Jedi does not shy away from responsibility.

The Jedi stepped deeper into it and struggled to gather the threads of the coterie through him. A cacophony of minds, thoughts and emotions, like white noise, ripped through his mind. He had to carry on. Dagon reached out to the rest, his voice echoing telepathically,

"Go for it."

He provided his mind as a bedrock for the rest - to attune their minds better. To work as one.

the collective is stronger than the individual.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom