Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction The Pilgrims 3: Progenitor's Call (open to Jedi and Lightsiders)

yPGlmSl.png

AHTO CITY, MANAAN​

"I can't emphasize this enough," said Quill to the assembled Jedi. "Respect. The Jedi have had no real relationship with the Order of Shasa for twenty years - since Jedi played a role in the sinking of Ahto City. Many died. But there's a degree of trust here, because the Silver Jedi Concord has brought a decade of peace to Manaan. Well, I say trust - 'benefit of the doubt' might be closer. And even that's a relatively recent development. The Shasans we're about to meet have always had one mission and only one: to protect the Selkath species. Everything else is secondary. They've judged it in their interest to be our hosts."

Ryv a jaggath, but he hated cities. They pressed in on him. But he'd discussed his Odion Syndrome with the Shasan elders, and they'd provided a place for him to stay and study in the ocean outside the city.

QnrFEvJ.png

"So - respect. And also truthfulness. Shasan Adepts can tell if you're lying or concealing things; it's one of the skills they might teach you. The Shasans have three core Force abilities that are pretty much outside the Jedi lexicon. As the Selkath say, guests and fish start to stink after three days, so we'll reconvene on the third night and leave. That means you'll probably have the chance to learn only one of those three abilities; choose wisely. One is a strong sense for truth and lies, even where other Force-users are involved, though I wouldn't trust it against a Sith Lord.

"The second power is known as the Progenitor's Call. There have been several successive Progenitors, huge sacred Firaxan sharks. That's a long story. Suffice it to say that a great cooperative effort brought a new Progenitor here from a Selkath colony world after the One Sith murdered its predecessor. The Order of Shasa has the ability to channel the Progenitor's overwhelming call into an enemy's mind. It'll interrupt their actions, confuse, distract - and can echo in the mind for hours. A beautiful nonlethal ability of great power.

"The third one is called a waveform. Think Alter Environment but at a personal scale. Shasan adepts feel, harmonize with, and enhance the wave patterns in nature - air, water, life. That lets their Force pushes hit harder. But it takes a lot of insight to get to that point. Insight is always a slow and rewarding path to strength.

"Any questions?"

e9AtfqJ.png

Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kaska Arden Kaska Arden Violet Horne Violet Horne Kaia Starchaser Kaia Starchaser Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo Kisaku Oroken Kisaku Oroken Auraya Irath-Ur Cotan Sar'andor Cotan Sar'andor Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei

Last edited:
The expedition to Entooine had been quite fruitful and a welcome escape to tranquility from the chaos of the Core and of the war against the Sith. One must always strive to learn, no matter the circumstances. Master Zoryu Master Zoryu 's words echoed in his mind. Learning - one of the pillars of life itself. He had missed Master Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill 's second pilgrimage, due to another pilgrimage. To Jedha City.

And what a mess that was.

Dagon still recovered from the wounds received from the Sith's ambush. The bandages were clear to see even beneath the jacket and shirt. They wrapped across his torso up the edges of his neck. The bacta ointment moistening the white binds soothed him and, in a way, helped clear his mind of the recent burden he lugged. The assault on Korriban, the convocation at the Silver's Assembly led by the Sword, and the ambush on Jedha. A mental baggage he wished to escape from, even if it was only for three days.

Always ryvving it, huh?

His mind came back to the now, the ever most important present. Ahto City, Manaan, the Order of Shasa. The pilgrimage to clear his mind and learn.

"Any questions?"

For the first time in many months, he had none. The curious Jedi shook his head.

Three days to learn at least the basics of waveform; the school of telekinesis - his natural inclination, according to his Master.

A fledgling thought of his helplessness on Korriban flashed across his mind. He chased it away.

Focus.

Learn.

Overcome.

Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill

It had been a long time since he had visited Manaan. If he remembered right, it would have had to have been with the Galactic Republic before the establishment of the Silver Jedi. He did, however, remember the outrage and shock that shook the galaxy during the battle that had sunk Ahto City, as well as a series of other incidents during the war. He frowned for a moment, trying to remember. Was it the One Sith war? Or the Sith Empire before that? There had been multiple battles of Manaan and they all seemed to focus around Ahto City, so they blurred together.

As for their mistrust of Jedi, that too he could understand. One did not have to live in the Outer Rim to know that many people felt the Jedi had abandoned their purpose or became so entangled with politics that they no longer cared about the ordinary people of the galaxy. There was nothing he could do about any of that except hold to the beliefs and ideals of the Jedi he had always heard them embody.

Although, if he was entirely honest, he was definitely questioning whether Quill kept choosing water worlds because he knew Tiland didn't know about diving or advanced swimming.

He looked up and breathed in the air as he strode down the ramp, looking around the area to get a sense of the area. "Truth is hard to come by these days," Tiland said after moment, "I will go study that under them, if anyone else wishes to as well."

if they're watching anyways

"I can't decide," she muttered. There were no bad choices, of course; the Order of Shasa's skills were unique and surely had many uses. Auteme would learn all of them if she could, but three days was not nearly enough time. She wasn't as decisive as she would've liked.

There was no right answer. So how could she choose? How could she know which one was right if she could choose any of them? Paralyzing herself over these sorts of decisions was normal enough for her. Trying to work to fix it was obviously a no-go, so she nudged Kisaku with her elbow. "Which one do you think I should do?"

Learning how to detect lies would be useful in the coming weeks. She didn't expect her fellow Jedi to lie, but just in case -- and, of course, the myriad of other situations she might use it. The Progenitor's Call seemed like an effective option to escape dangerous situations. The waveform seemed like the best way to understand the Order's view on the Force, and deepen her own understanding.

Easy decisions were the most difficult for no reason.

A world of water.

The true planet lied beyond the ocean surface. This much she could read about Manaan on the HoloNet during the journey. Ahto City was nothing more than a tourist attraction. A place for off-worlders to try and communicate with the Selkath. To do business, but always on the terms of the oceanic species as they tried to build themselves back up.

"I wonder what their underwater cities are like..." It wasn't a question to Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill specifically, really. Just curiosity rising up without warning. She looked over the edge. It took a conscious effort not to feel ill. The raging waves beyond the city felt oppressive. Violet chewed on her lip while trying to figure out what would be better to learn.

waveform, of course. what better way to destroy evil than with the power of the waves?

Violet grimaced in response. Something told her the Selkath wouldn't like that kind of rationale.

as for their cities- wet, filled with water, does it matter? as long as you learn something today.

She glanced on over to Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze . that human is filled with fear, you can taste it, he will be looking for a weapon too. "Hey... Dagon, right? Are you also thinking of studying waveform?" It couldn't be helped, really. If it said this was the best thing to study, who was she to argue against it? Verses had already taken her this far. It deserved a little bit of faith in return.

Auteme Auteme Kisaku Oroken Kisaku Oroken Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun

Kaska Arden

black holes, solid ground

T86e1fu.png

Antsy. If Kaska Arden had to sum up her current feelings, it would certainly involved the word 'antsy' in some form or capacity. Her expression and posture the picture perfect definition of restlessness as she lingered on the edge of the crowd. Feeling every inch out of place amongst the gathered applicants. For a woman that was perfectly fine in charging headlong into a heated battle with barely a second thought, the actual prospect of being in an academic setting for the first time in her life since she was in single digits was positively daunting.

Yet nerves aside, with her overly focused education as a padawan, the opportunity to learn something outside of that wasn't one she could squander. And all three of lessons offered by the Selkath force tradition were beyond what she had expected when she had impulsively joined Quill's pilgrimage.

With her aptitude with telekinetic aspects of the force, as well as her focus on Niman, waveform was perhaps the most obvious and logical choice for her to learn during their limited stay. Certainly appealed to the core tenets of her former Master's 'If hitting it doesn't work, hit it again harder' school of thought. If she was to grasp the basics of anything on offer here within the three days, she knew she had the best chance with this.

Of course, Progenitor's Call was also tempting. A technique to confusing, disrupting or even potentially disable an opponent for hours without the need for violence was an undeniable boon for any Jedi. She could already think of several instances where that would have come in handy in recent weeks. If nothing else, it would have made corralling a certain reckless padawan a damn sight easier, that was for sure.

Lastly, there was truth sense, an ability that lay within one of her weaker areas of her rather focused skillset. Although she could sorely use the opportunity to try and rectify that, with a skill that was undeniably useful if she was to advance out of the rut she was in, she doubted three days wouldn't be long enough to scratch the surface of the teachings they had to offer.

She chewed her corner lip. Scanning the surrounding faces of those assembled in the shuttle as if they would somehow offer her an answer or at least some flickering semblance of an insight into one. To her eyes, they all seemed far more assured and confident than she would throughout the next seventy two. At least Auteme seemed to be as conflict as she was. It was oddly comforting to know that a knight as put together as the Shield of the Jedi was in the same boat.

Seven Astrals, Sardun would kick her shebs seven ways from taungsday if he were here right now.

"I would like to study Waveform as well." She said finally, the words coming out almost in a rush as she descended down the boarding ramp. Not trusting herself to tarry any longer or she would become lost in another wave of indecision. As embarrassing as it was to take the safe and easy choice, it was at least a choice. That was... Something, right? "Hopefully three days will be long enough to learn something of use."

Handsome blindfolded hyper-religious whackjob
He always did enjoy visiting Manaan. It held, in his opinion, the best sushi in the Galaxy. Nothing else compared, despite what those from Mon Cala would say on the matter. But cuisine was not the reason he was here right now. He was here to learn Pleased that Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill had been kind enough to extend the invitation to visit the Order of Shasa and get this opportunity to learn from them. Despite what many members of their respective orders would like to believe. The Jedi and Sith did not hold the sum of all knowledge relating to the Force.

There were dozens, if not hundreds of various force adherent orders and tribes that held a great many secrets. Techniques that were beyond the imaginations of Jedi and Sith.

"That Waveform technique seems interesting." He mused, looking down at Auteme Auteme , giving the slightest nod in greeting to Kisaku Oroken Kisaku Oroken as well. As it is, Aaran always did prefer to be conservative when making use of more direct usage of the Force. In battle, being able to outlast one's opponent was a necessity. Especially if you wished to end conflict without killing anyone.

In a way it seemed like Tutaminis. Absorbing the energy around you and making use of it to empower you. Just on a wider, if less intense and more sustainable scale.

Perhaps the two techniques were interlinked? Were the Order of Shasa aware of Tutaminis? Perhaps he could offer some of his own expertise on the technique as an exchange. It would be a fair trade after all.

Shifting his attention towards Auteme and her Padawan he gave a slight smile. "What say we split up. Each of us take a technique, then meet up afterwards and share notes?" He offered, raising a brow. "I know a great sushi place where we can talk about it. We can come up with a proper lesson plan for the others back on Coruscant."

"Kisasku. I think you'd be a natural at their lie detecting technique."

Last edited:
She had heard of this city but never been here herself. The old sinking of the city, the one during the wartime between the One Sith and the Republic was something she had heard of many times before from those Jedi who had partaken in the battle at the time. It was a dark memory for most, a bad token of their first defeat in a very long list of defeats. Although she had been brought to said order as a mere infant she had no real memories of it beyond the boundaries of the Academy on Ossus.

Perhaps today was a good day to carry their torch, make an attempt to correct her former masters’ mistakes. Aeris stood together with the rest of the assembled crew for this. Whether or not they had the same intentions were debatable, of course, but their cause was noble nonetheless. Increased understanding, increased possibility for peace among them. To forgive and forget was not a process that happened overnight.

The others got to talking. Aeris listened to the greater group of students that seemed to gravitate towards the idea of improving their grasp on how to alter their environment, and truth be told so had she. The application of such a force to protect herself would be invaluable, but then so would the idea of a ‘Progenitor’s Call’ or the ability to create some sort of Zone of Truth.

The blonde gave it a thought for a moment and eyed the others, weighed the options against one another before she finally let her finger fall from the top of her lip and her shoulders rolled. If the idea was that they would come to learn, then given the sheer number of familiar faces who went for environmental manipulation there would be no reason to add yet another. As such Aeris pushed quietly towards the Progenitor’s Call train.

“While I continue to disagree with the idea of referring to an ability or tool as a ‘power’, the Progenitor’s Call sounds like an intriguing piece of knowledge.”

Aeris turned around to see if anyone else would follow.

"Hey... Dagon, right? Are you also thinking of studying waveform?"

The question startled him, he had been drowning in reading what little information on waveform they had. Dagon put the datapad away, blinked twice and returned back to the material world.

Uhhh...

"Vei-Voi---Vee." he struggled to remember the Outer-Rim-looking girl but kept a confident facade. Surely, it started with V and surely he would keep it as V. And most surely it wasn't Velvet. "Yeah." the padawan confirmed, shaking away the momentary struggle to put a name on the face. "I'll take it you will you, too, huh?"

He placed the datapad within the pocket of his New Jedi leather jacket, squinting as even the slightest of movements brought pain surging. Bacta could do only as much. He longed for the ol' painkillers his mother used to give him and Aeric during their youth growing up rowdy in the wilds of Ruusan.

Dagon threw a glance across the rest of the group of Jedi - most seemed clearly decided on what they would like to learn, only a few still were tearing their hairs out over it. Most notably his bookworm friend Auteme Auteme . It always amused him how confident she was as an aide to the Chancellor as the eyes of the leaders of the galaxy fell upon her week in and week out but Force help her if she had to pick between two clearly identical sweaters.

"I would like to study Waveform as well." one of the undecided few - a straight-up spacer, he thought - called out and a composed, laconic voice replied, "Waveform - to me."

"That's us." the padawan told V the obvious as he stepped towards the Selkath calling them in. They converged on him along with the undecisive spacer.

Their instructor was one of the tallest Selkath he had ever seen; for a rather short race (compared to baseline Humans), Master Bhil Ebass nearly reached Dagon's own height. He had the laziest, uninterested or, some would outright say, mean faces a sentient could carry. The massive fira tucked away in a leather sheath at his right hip didn't help either.

"I am Master Ebass." he introduced himself reluctantly, then remained silent as he read over a datapad.

For a ridiculously long time.

Dagon could've sworn he heard him snooze.

Unsure how to break the awkward silence that befell the Jedi, Dagon took the responsibility and nodded a greeting at the Jedi he did not know.

"Hey, I am Dagon." he introduced himself; a brief, subtle widening of his eyes as he realized he had unintentionally set the stage for the perfect...

BINGO!

...way to find out V's actual name.

"And this is--"

Genious.

Masterstroke.

Violet Horne Violet Horne | Kaska Arden Kaska Arden | ok i tag waveform ok

"Any thoughts, kid?" Cotan asked after Jend-ro had finished, turning to Auraya Irath-Ur . "I know which group I'm going to be working with, but I'm curious what your thoughts are." Also so that he could point out somebody she might not know to stick close to, if she went off separate from him. At least Manaan was a peaceful world, and he wouldn't have to worry about her getting into trouble and getting hurt while he was Padawan-sitting. That would be...

Very bad.

"Just remember, if you end up sticking with the group that works with Master Quill, be cognizant and considerate of him. You don't see him grouped up like this very often for a reason." As for what that reason was, he wouldn't say. Gotta leave room for the Padawans to go and answer their own questions, right? He gave her an encouraging pat on the shoulder, walking off to the group that had just been called out for the waveform work.

Just to watch as Dagon struggled to fill the silence left by Master Ebass. He turned to Kaska, nodding over at the two Padawans in their group. "Think this is how their conversation is going to go all weekend?"

Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze Kaska Arden Kaska Arden Violet Horne Violet Horne

“While I continue to disagree with the idea of referring to an ability or tool as a ‘power’, the Progenitor’s Call sounds like an intriguing piece of knowledge.”

"Oh, I agree with you," Quill said - "but I lost that battle a long time ago, and these days I just use the shorthand that everyone does. Moral cowardice on my part, of course, but also I just wound up spending too much time arguing semantics and it affected my digestion. Tilon and I-" He indicated his Padawan, a pale and nervous boy around twelve. "-will be studying the Progenitor's Call as well."

He raised his voice a little.

"By all means group up based on what you hope to learn; the Shasan Adepts will probably want to teach us in groups, like schools of fish or pods of whales, though there'll also be time to learn as individuals. I see Master Ebass has arrived to teach the waveform crew. Master Ebass, thank you again for your time and talents."

Ebass was one of the Shasans who Quill had contacted to arrange all this. A good fellow, but deeply taciturn.

WAVEFORM (Master Ebass):
Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze
Violet Horne Violet Horne
Kaska Arden Kaska Arden
Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo

TRUTH SENSE (Master Gulepi):
Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun

PROGENITOR'S CALL (Master Kryll):
Aeris Lashiec Aeris Lashiec
Quill and NPC Padawan

UNDECIDED:
Auteme Auteme
et al

Last edited:
Grey Jedi Padawan/Cinnamon Roll
Kuxirra thought for a bit. Maybe she could learn from the others who came afterwards. She heard a lot of people going for waveform, and only a couple going for the others. After a moment, she made up her mind. "I think I'll go with Master Kortun. The lie detecting thing sounds like something I need." The Togruta knew she could often be seen as naive, and sometimes gullible. Besides, Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun seemed like someone she'd like to get to know.

Auraya Irath-Ur

A
An immediate sense of relief washed over the girl as they descended from the shuttle and and stepped upon the oceanic world. Eyes closed, she could sense the perpetually moving tides and waves, a sensation that was strange and could definitely have been disorienting had she not found it all together more soothing.
Here, she could breathe again. Away from the chaos of Coruscant, with its ever increasing populous. She could simply breathe.
She listened intently to the one who had gathered them for this pilgrimage, Master Quill. There were three options laid before her, and though all would have their uses going forward there was only one she inherently felt drawn towards.
Her mind stumbled back to Jakku, to that bloody pulp on the wall, and for a moment the easy breaths she'd been inhaling felt heavier and harder to stomach. Would it have gone differently if she'd known a way to diffuse the situation? Would her dreams be far less plagued with that ruddy ichor?
Cotan's hand on her shoulder forced her eyes open.
"Progenitor's Call," she decided, without hesitation. "I wish to try and learn Progenitor's Call, Master Sar'andor."
Try... That was all she could ever do. Though rarely she grasped a concept well enough to put it into use, and three days was a short amount of time to say the least. She had spent years ruminating on the basics, and how far had that gotten her?
Well, she supposed it had gotten her here.
Decisions made, she watched as Cotan ventured off into a quickly forming group. Squinting her eyes she spotted one among them, and the dread she had pulled forth from the back of her mind was almost immediately washed away by the sight of him. Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze ... the first person she'd really held a conversation with since leaving the Enclave.
He'd shown her the wonders of Soresu. And though she hadn't been able to put that knowledge to much use, surprise surprise, it had provided her with a drive to further pursue it. She tried to catch his eye, and offered a very light wave when that happened.
But she wasn't part of their group, and she did not wish to distract him further. So she left it at that. Hopefully at some point during this visit they could make time to catch up. So much had happened since her journey to Coruscant, after all.
She could see another small group forming, overheard the technique they would be learning, and slowly made her way toward them. She bowed lowly to Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill and Aeris Lashiec Aeris Lashiec respectively, though did not interrupt them with unnecessary talk.
The last thing she needed was to say the wrong thing and wind up disappointing her Master.

Kaska Arden Kaska Arden Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo Cotan Sar'andor Cotan Sar'andor @Anyone else who wants in on wave-form!

"I guess so..." A bit of a helpless tone as she stepped towards the little group gathering around the Selkath Master.

In truth Violet had wanted to hear more about the first power.

The ability to discern lies from truth seemed very useful to her. The Galaxy was a chaotic place. So many sentients were only out for themselves. Would it not be helpful to have a better understanding on who she could trust? you can trust me. You don't need anyone else. Now pay attention, this fish might not be a Jedi, but I can sense true power from him.

.... like the slow tide ... it can wash anything away given enough time.

The silence dragged on for a long while as the Selkath Elder read on. The datapad must have been very interesting. Violet was already suppressing the urge to pace nervously. Instead just shifting her weight from one foot to the other. Then back. And forth. This would have gone on for quite some time, if not for Dagon speaking up once more.

Violet blinked.

"Um." Glancing over to Coten and Kaska.

the boy doesn't know your name, the fool.

"Oh. I am Violet! Violet Horne? Hello, sir. I mean Master." Inclining her head there in what she hoped was a respectful gesture. Of course he knew my name, he just didn't want to seem forward, that is all.

Master Ebass stared at all of them.

"Right. Your names are not necessary. Only your attention is - Follow." The Selkath turned on his heels and unceremoniously walked off. He'd lead them down a set of stairs, where there was a little artificial bay. Here the water streamed close to the edge. Back and forth like the tide. Perhaps it was one of the access tubes from which the Selkath rose up from their cities.

Either way, presumably they needed close proximity to the ocean for their first lesson.

Viera had been flying solo for a couple years now, the circumstances forced upon her in the wake of her Master’s death. Her last act had been to finalize her Trials, officially making her a Jedi Knight. The young woman still doubted the validity of that, surely it was down to an Order or a seated Council to make that decision?

But the times were ever fluctuating these days. With the always shifting tide between Light and Dark. Whole factions rising and collapsing within a single generation. Sometimes it required a singular path to ensure future generations were taught the ways of the Force.

It was going to be very weird to be around other Jedi now.

She had heard of the Conclave that one Romi Jade Romi Jade had called together. It had been about the ever growing threat of the Bryn’adul. Something Viera had been personally invested in ever since her Master had shown her the galaxy.

It also concerned...them. Who were all thankfully quiet right now.

Viera’s had spent the past months skirting along the edges of conflict, of the ensuing conflict that had been striking at the Sith Empire. She had sought to aid those in need, those who were stuck in the middle of the war. But it knocked her balance off kilter, the scales of the Force tipping towards the Dark like a smothering embrace.

They had been deafening until Viera had to depart Sith space for a more peaceful destination. Fortunately Manaan fit that bill well. The planet itself was calm with its expansive oceans, but the peaceful nature of the cities were a welcome sight.

Viera had managed to join up with the Jedi just before they had departed for Ahto City, keeping to herself for the duration of the journey. It seemed a vast majority; if not all, of the others were familiar with one another.

...Yes, it was going to be weird to be around others now.

She remained at the side as the one known as ‘Master Quill’ explained the situation. Viera watched as the others assembled debating on which subject they’d pick. Or was struck with indecisiveness, like the brunette… Auteme Auteme was her name?

The young woman cursed to herself, she really should’ve paid more attention to the conversations going on in the shuttle…

I would like to learn Progenitor’s Call.” Viera finally spoke, finding it much easier to do so than she initially thought. There was little point in keeping obtusely quiet, if she was going to learn then it was going to require some actual communication. She walked up to the small group that had begun to form; Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill , Aeris Lashiec Aeris Lashiec and Auraya Irath-Ur

My name is Viera.

c506a8b15876e0fc5aa799a848f8314c479b5891.png

//: Waveform Lesson //:
//: Violet Horne Violet Horne //: Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze //: Kaska Arden Kaska Arden //: Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo //: Cotan Sar'andor Cotan Sar'andor //:
5a7eff6add47200c70dc97ecf86681cbdff5be45.png
The group had gathered quickly; Viers hadn't noticed the sheer amount of people that had wandered over to the lesson. Pulling away from her simple daydream, after the droid on her shoulder pulled at her ear, "Ow, okay." - she noticed that it wasn't just padawan here. A few faces familiar, but she kept to herself, not wanting to draw too much attention to herself. A hand rested over her lips as she thought after hearing the choices for the lessons.

Each force power had an exciting pull for the padawan, not really specializing anywhere beyond digging sand out of the primate droid's ankles and waving a lightsaber around. The world was her clam or oyster, whatever made more sense in the metaphor. The lie detector caught her attention, but for only a brief moment, she couldn't think of a reason for her to want to know if someone was lying. Sometimes ignorance was bliss.

The progenitor's call sounded interesting enough, and she mused over its uses but then decided against it. If she was going to be drawn into combat, she might as well be prepared for it - lightsabers weren't always the answer, despite how much of a reliable solution they created. Viers cringed at the thought. Finally, she looked towards the waveform and noticed it had been a larger crowd. Telekinesis was something she favored a little but never really learned much of the talent - her guardian being one to cling desperately to pacifism.

Shrugging, Viers tucked her hands into her jacket pockets and followed the crowd to the waveform lesson. She clung close behind the group and listened to the banter between the students. The teacher spoke, introducing himself to them, and Viers waited till others said and were soon cut off since it was apparent the teacher didn't' want to know their names.

More manageable, she supposed. Deco remained on her shoulder as she filed in behind the group and waited to begin the lesson. Taking a place near the one person she remembered meeting, she smiled and waved. "Hi Kaska, kind of glad to see someone I recognize - a lot of faces here that I've never seen before." She spoke quietly, not wanting to lectured for being a disruption. She remembered Aeris as well, but after dragging the Knight to Dantooine without her knowledge, Viers decided to hide for a little longer.

Kaska Arden

black holes, solid ground

T86e1fu.png

The powerfully built Ebass was clearly more of a warrior than the scholarly instructor she had anticipated. Harsh lines of his face mingled with even harsher scars. His posture relaxed, yet deceptively guarded for someone making an obvious show of being disinterested in his new students. Then there was that fira, too. A wicked looking number that reminded her of an equally vicious weapon she had seen on Kerest several years ago. She could tell from the design and the way it was hung from his hip that they were more than just a cursory rite of passage for the members of the Order. The fact their teacher wore his so obviously and openly was a subtle cautionary message.

'Today you are friends, but this hasn't always been the case.'

"Hopefully our teacher is a little more smooth with his words, no?" She remarked lightly to the bearded gent - Sar'andor did that girl say? - that joined the gaggle of waveform applicants. The presence of someone so clearly senior coming as a genuine relief. Last time she had been alone with padawans, one of them had thrown themselves off the side of a moving vehicle. "But I suppose he cannot be any worse."

As if to prove her wrong, the burly Selkath cut across the introductions to show how little he cared for the social niceties. Clearly a man of few words and even fewer time for his charges. That suited her fine; hopefully that just meant their education would be more hands on.

"Kaska Arden," She offered the rest of the group as they followed Ebass down the flight of stairs. Returning Violet's bow of her head with a vertical hand gesture, fingers extended with her thumb trapping the ring finger to her palm. Sparing a flash of a smile at the more familiar Viers. "I do not think any of us are masters here today, little sister."

Ebass harrumphed impatiently.

"Do not mind me. I am not the one with only three days in which to learn a lesson others take lifetimes to master." As if to illustrate his point, and his mastery, the Selkath nodded towards the dozen or so red little bouys that had been floated out into the artificial bay and raised his hand. Perhaps fifty meters out and no more ten meters apart. "Watch. Assess. Learn."

The air itself around his appendage seemed to grow thicker with each word. Denser. Appearing to form a tiny shimmering orb that was alive with subtle shifts and oscillations within the very air itself, building and building as he continued to hold their attention, waiting until he was sure they were on tenterhooks before releasing it with an almost negligent flick of his wrist.

Despite the size of the orb, the impact it had on the targets was inordinate. A tiny tidal wave detonated across the bay as reinforced telekinetic energy surged in a sine like motion. The little bouys standing little chance as they were buffeted and scattered all around the bay.

"You will learn this one day. Maybe. Today, you will try to return the bouys." He turned and started to move away, "But do not touch them directly. Feel the water. Feel the subtle movements. Feel the energy within the waves. Guide it. Shape it. Use it."

That simple, huh?

Manaan was a water world. Literally, the entire planet was covered with water and the only dry population center was Ahto City. Such was slightly unnerving for Audren, as he couldn't remember ever being on such a planet before. Oh, he knew they existed - perhaps the most famous was Kamino - but this was one of those cases where knowledge and understanding were two very different things. Fortunately this expedition was based on Ahto City; he could swim as needed but the rest of the time would be on solid 'ground'. Theoretically.

This was apparently the third trip organized by one Jend-Ro Quill, reclusive Jedi Master who had come to the Sephi's attention during the trial of Yula Perl. The human had apparently been around and knew about a host of esoteric Force abilities and was now working to spread that knowledge. He wasn't the one teaching though, he was instead organizing groups to learn from the orders that had developed and specialized in the techniques. It was an approach that the elfin Jedi hadn't considered before, and one that he highly supported for several reasons. It bypassed the potential for misunderstanding and bias from secondhand teaching, it lessened the strain on the teacher, and it allowed orders to co-mingle. After all there were plenty of Force-sensitive orders around the galaxy, most of them smaller and more specialized. Many Jedi bypassed these smaller orders, or forgot about them...Audren was certainly guilty of that.

There were more than a few Jedi who had gathered together on Manaan for this meeting. Master Quill started with a quick admonishment to the group to respect their hosts. It should have been a given and was disappointing that he needed to say it, but it was done. He also indicated that the Selkath natives carried a limited patience for guests, accompanied by a colorful quote, and so put a limit on the group's time on-planet: three days. It was enough to learn a single of the three techniques largely unknown to Jedi: a sharp truth-sense, an ultra-powerful Mind Trick, and telekinetic enhancement. Each sounded useful in their own way. The waveform might prove troublesome for someone who didn't interpret the Force as waves though; and it would be rather tempting to use the truth-sense in business dealings, which he tried to avoid. Progenitor's Call it was then, something that could be used to non-violently end a confrontation. The galaxy could use more of that.

Audren made his way to the group gathering to learn the Call. This apparently included Master Quill and his Padawan, as well as a few others he didn't know yet. He was no longer a Padawan and didn't have one of his own, nor had he arrived with any others, so not a word passed his lips. His movement would have been near-silent without ambient noise, with the outdoor setting they were in he could have been a remarkably solid ghost. The Selkath Master who would be teaching them saw the approach, yet just as with the others in the group said nothing quite yet. They remained in place; presumably others might still join them, so the Jedi stood still and silent.

Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill Aeris Lashiec Aeris Lashiec Auraya Irath-Ur Viera Viera

PROGENITOR'S CALL GROUP
Audren Sykes Audren Sykes Aeris Lashiec Aeris Lashiec Auraya Irath-Ur Viera Viera

On a platform down by the water's edge waited Master Kryll, an exceedingly large Selkath.

TOOjuJ3.png

"Welcome to Ahto City, my friends," said Kryll. Though he was at eye level with any of them, he stood lower down, on what looked like a shin-deep submerged platform. Quill hopped down into the water to join him on the platform. The water came up to Quill's upper thighs. Kryll was gigantic.

"Master Kryll, thank you for having us. I've been telling them about the Progenitor, as much as I understand anyway."

Kryll nodded and began to explain.

The Progenitor was an ancient, sacred, semi-sentient Firaxan shark, the most recent one to be called by that name. The Progenitors created kolto, a bacta equivalent. Protecting the Progenitor went hand in hand with protecting the Selkath, and the Order of Shasa developed a close relationship with the Progenitor. That relationship allowed them to withstand and embrace the Progenitor's powerful mental call - and then channel it into others' minds with crippling effect.

The water surged, rocking Quill, as a huge form surfaced just off the platform's edge. There were other Selkath here, Quill realized, communing with the Progenitor underwater.

"Come and meet the Progenitor, friends," said Kryll.

Auraya Irath-Ur

A
Auraya eagerly approached the platform, though for now she did not step into the water itself. Unsure as to whether they were invited to do so or not. She listened intently, and found the nature behind the technique they would be learning simply fascinating. A symbiotic relationship... Each assisting the other, in their own way. Balance between two life forms.
Fascinating.
She peered beyond Master Kryll as the water dispersed away from something hulking in the near distance. Onto her tip-toes she unintentionally went, straining her neck to get a better look. And then the invitation was extended.
The girl lowered herself onto the sunken platform, doing her best to ignore how high the water rose around her, and once again closed her eyes as peace enveloped her. There was something to be said about a world covered in water, with underwater canyons and reefs naturally disrupting its eternal flow. Each creature beneath the depths cast their own motion to it. Even when it seemed still on the surface, beneath it was alive.
She breathed a slow breath, calming overwhelmed senses, and finally approached the edge of the platform. To catch glimpse of the magnificent creature the Selkath spoke of.
"Amazing" she breathed, unable to contain her awe. This whole world was something else entirely.
Auraya was slightly dismayed that they had just 3 days upon its surface. She could have lost herself within its tranquility for a thousand years if permitted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom