Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Invasion The Ossus Massacre │ Invasion of Jomark & Nespsis VIII [LOTS vs SJC]

Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean , is the Red Dragon going to be participating in the fleeting aspect?

I think we were under the impression that it was just a setting for objective three.

But I understand you that you're now using it as a platform to affect fleeting with some anti-stealth technology. This is pretty problematic since the Red Dragon doesn't have a factory submission that we know of, and it'll also likely mean that the Silver Jedi will probably have to introduce some more warships to make things more equal in terms of relative power.

Gir Quee Gir Quee

I have no problem with the Silver's bringing more ships, to whatever degree they think is relevant. If balance is the concern, balance it how you like and we'll write accordingly! As far as the Red Dragon fleeting, it seems in a weird spot - first, I've been told by others they wanted to target it from the fleeting angle, so brought it into the situation as would make sense narratively. If the concern is what equipment it has, even the SD-10s 'Monger' sub in the factory doesn't have the X-02 or X-04 listed, but both are approved.

Possible solutions could be editing my post to have the anti stealth technology on the flagship of Tithon, the Belated.

As far as the Red Dragon, it won't be firing on oppositional ships, which I tried to double down on in the post by saying all power was diverted to shield and engines; but if you prefer bringing more ships to compensate regardless I will have no issue with such. You have free reign!

Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean , I think that there was some talk of the idea of including the Red Dragon in fleeting at the beginning, but that's why we asked for information about it before the invasion actually started. When we didn't get that or see a factory sub for it all, we assumed that it was just a setting for Objective III, and that's perfectly fine. A simple setting for a PVP dueling doesn't really need a starship submission - it doesn't really affect anything.

The problem with making up ships & technology on the fly in the middle of invasion is that it creates drama. You can suddenly have whatever characteristics or abilities that you want. At best, your opponent is always left guessing about what's going on. At worse, it gets very frustrating for your opponent because someone will conveniently have an ability for a certain situation (in this particular case, anti-stealth tech). These are probably some of the reasons why this is a factory rule:

• Factory submissions may only be introduced into role-play threads whose start date begins after the submission's posted date.

Possible solutions could be editing my post to have the anti stealth technology on the flagship of Tithon, the Belated.

As I understand it, the Belated is a 2000 meter ship and the X-4 is limited to ships that are at least 5 km long according to its weakness.

That combined with specific requests from a member of your faction to keep fleet sizes small (which we have tried very hard to do - ~6 kilometers for an entire faction is pretty small) leads me to request the X-4s entire removal from the thread itself.

EDIT: This edit request is with the understanding that the Red Dragon won't be involved in fleeting itself.

Gir Quee Gir Quee

Sure, here is the link to the 'Red Dragon' submission incase that was the concern - but I would also mind that factory submissions are optional even in pvp threads. All ships and technology utilized have been submitted prior to the invasion thread, and the unique varients haven't solely for the point made prior.

I am concerned though, if I had linked it on the submission, would your character simply have known about it and adapted their fleet accordingly? I don't mean to imply metagaming in a hypothetical, but I'm not sure this is necessarily a huge issue. I'm not super willing to just remove the X-04 since I've tied it into my last post as a central plot point to losing the other ships.

I hope that's alright, editing two posts to accommodate something that is entirely optional in the first place seems like an effort in futility on my end. As for bringing more ships, again, you're free to bring as many as you think the SJC fleets would have over Ossus - so if that's the solution to the issue I don't mind that.

Caedyn Arenais

C
Are there any Sith without a rival or partner to dance with?

Caedyn's currently on Objective II and at the Temple Entrance looking for someone to cross blades with :)

Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean , it's not generally considered appropriate to suddenly pull technology out of nowhere and suddenly say that your ship is modified to have it. The appearance of the Red Dragon being retconned to be a SD-10s and now also being an interdictor that you've emphasized as now having its gravity well generators activated runs in the same vein as our first issue. At best, these areOOC surprises - at worse, it looks like meta-gaming to suddenly respond to IC abilities/actions that the SJO has already taken.

I can't make you edit - but I think that this will likely merit a mention in the OOC drama section for invasion judging.

For the sake of keeping the thread going though, the Red Dragon pretty clearly is going to play an important role in fleeting between its suddenly added anti-stealth systems and its interdictor abilities.

We'll be adding ships accordingly to match its presence, as well as those of Errix (who we didn't know was participating in the fleeting part until he posted in-character today).

Gir Quee Gir Quee

There has been multiple mentions that the Red Dragon was an SD-10s to both SE and SJO/GA members, but you never asked or reached out to me despite mention from others that you were. If you believe this is a knock on drama, I'd consider what efforts you've gone through to help the situation - which beyond this, has been very minimal. While I have talked to SJC staff about the requests you've made in regards to Ossus's defenses, the fleeting environment, the communication and holonet issues, and a variety of issues brought up thus far, you personally have never contacted me on discord. I've heard about a lot of the issues you're having with the narrative of the invasion, but it always seems to be from everyone else. I can't help you, if you don't talk to me about whats going on.

If you have any issues at all, I would highly recommend messaging me on Discord. My DM's are always open, and I'm more than willing to work with you if you have any questions - in regards to the ships, their technology, or what not. An immediate response to answer your questions could have headed the issues your having, but I can't do that without communication.

The interdiction was mentioned to SJC staff prior to the invasion, to stop ships from leaving the Ossus area. The SD-10s was answered on multiple occasions to others in public chats and private ones. I can't help you if you don't at least try and reach out. I apologize for any issues this might've caused, at the very least. Just assume that the 'Red Dragon' is armed with Jaeger's various ship technologies, as all my semi-unique and unique ships are. The only exception is it is not a stealthed ship.

As I said before, if you and the SJC want to bring more ships - I welcome it. Balance the situation as you'd like, and we can work with it accordingly. I have no issues with whatever story you or the SJC would like to tell here.

Caedyn Arenais & Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor

It's all good I am willing to take you both on it has been awhile since I have done 2v1 but like Caltin thought in his post "The move would not counter the effects of this, no-doubt, Sith Alchemy as it was strong, as if created some orange-eyed maniac older than he was, but looking like some little weird girl who should be named after a day of the week. "

Tegan is indeed a orange eyed Maniac older then he is. Though he confused sith Alchemy for what was actually Dathomiri Magick but he is a meat head Jedi.

Caedyn Arenais

C
Tegan Starfall Tegan Starfall

Well, that "Meathead Jedi" is match enough for you without Caedyn getting in the way! I try to avoid walking my way into 2v1 interactions unless it's planned prior, just in case I wind up putting someone in an unbalanced match they might not have wished for. There's a certain tension in 1v1 fights xD

Don't get me wrong, more than happy to team up with the powerhouse that is Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor , but only if everyone's good with it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom