Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Order of the Silver Jedi

[member="Heim Avendahl"] Not at all! Wouldn't raise a hand to any individual unless they sought to harm another first. It's not my path to do so. I can't speak for other Jedi out there, particularly the more militant ones, but none will die at my hand.

I'm a Healer. If the darkness inflicted upon the beings of your former Empire cause them to suffer from it, that's suffering I'd seek to alleviate, but certainly not through acts of violence or death!

Do you force a lion to forsake the meat that gives it life so that it will no longer kill?

Would you force a being to go against its very nature so that it does not offend your paper-thin sensibilities?

The Jedi have always gone against the machinations of nature, they defy natural selection to elevate the meek.

Now you would impose the light on men and women born from darkness to change their nature? Again, I name you hypocrite.

[member="Teynara Jeralyr"]

[member="Heim Avendahl"] The darkness casts plenty of illusions of its own. They're just harder to notice, with all the shadows.

It's also my understanding that the Sith would probably kill someone with my...infirmities. Hardly a positive recruitment message.

Only the Jedi are misguided. You believe in balance and peace, yet you strive for the eradication of the dark. There can be no Balance without light and dark, war and peace. That's why you and yours will always fail.

[member="Darth Ignus"] I don't believe that the darkness should be eradicated. Merely contained - it's present within all of us, even the Jedi. We're just better at controlling it than you, and do not allow such impulses to sway our actions. But to remove it entirely? Impossible and likely dangerous. The darkness should exist, maintaining the balance, but there must be a balance. Your intent to destroy the Light would harm that just as much, don't you think?

I don't seek to destroy the light. I strive to show the galaxy the folly of denying the self. I strive to contain your oppressive ways of telling people how to act and to deny their emotions, feelings, and thoughts. The Jedi are more manipulative than any Sith.

[member="Darth Ignus"] Sounds like you have similar misconceptions to many of our Padawans: we don't seek to deny how we feel, we simply choose to act by considering emotions, rather than on them. Objectivity is what we strive for, and so emotions are as much a consideration as any other sensory data we might review before deciding upon an act, but not the sole basis for it. If we feel rage, we must acknowledge it, but not act upon it in any detrimental fashion. If we feel love, we must never put it before our duty. If we feel hatred, we must not seek to harm those we hate, and instead comprehend why we hate. It's simple enough, even if it takes a lifetime to truly learn.

Tut tut, my dear. Here you have led yourself right into my hands. Many and most times you Jedi fail to actually do what you have just said. In fact, most of the time you fly off the rails at the least sign of trouble. How many have you lost to the darkness over the years? You cannot suppress emotion and act against it. Doing so creates worse reactions down the road. Containing pressure in a tight space, with the pressure growing, leads to an explosion. You say you do one thing, but you are known most for your falls. It is hypocritical.

Feel. Love. Hate. Burn. And do what you wish.

Jedi teachings lead to failure. They always have and always will. You tried to destroy the Sith before, and two alone nearly whipped you out in response. There are no sides of the Force, only what we do with it.

[member="Darth Ignus"] Then surely that precludes an argument over Darkness, and how our presence within the Light harms your citizenry in some fashion?

You are correct that many Jedi have failed to live up to our teachings, as many Sith undoubtedly have failed yours. And yet our failures in this create more of you, and established your initial members - surely it serves you well to have us try and fail? And, when you fail, what are the consequences? How many millions of lives are extinguished because the ego of one man overrides the good of the order and stability the Sith try to create? How much oppression results when one person goes too far, and instead of living by Sith ideals, kills by it?

All in all, it's true that we both suffer failure, but I'd warrant ours is less destructive in the long run.

Only if you accept that we aren't dark and you aren't light. Misguided notions of and old age.

Our failures lead to our demise. Your failures lead to the demise of others. See Revan and Vader for examples. When you fail you explode because you don't know how to harness that which you suppress and so it takes hold of you.

[member="Darth Ignus"] But Revan and Vader were both Sith, regardless of the fact that they were Jedi before - and moreso in Vader's case, because his fall was manipulated by a Sith, and the deaths he caused intended by that Sith. True, our failings make it easier for our emotions to be manipulated, but we are not the puppet masters. When they wear your mantle, you are just as responsible for the atrocities they commit as we are, if not moreso, because oftentimes it is your own efforts to corrupt them that push them down a path they would otherwise not walk.

You also argue that your failures only lead to death for yourselves - and what of those you destroy and harm prior to such finality? Are these not also victims of a being gone mad at the hands of your ideology?

Both started as Jedi, and failed to live up to what you were. They disobeyed your teachings and fell. Unable to contain what they were. Vader was especially destructive, nearly wiping out all Force Users in the galaxy at Palpatine request.

Death is but one facet of life. A true Sith does not seek wanton slaughter, but mastery of the Force and power over the self.

Incidentally, I would love to encounter you in RP sometime and engage in this battle of ideology in Chaos canon. :)

[member="Darth Ignus"] That would be entertaining, certainly. It's mildly ironic, since my other character is a Sith Lord, and would probably agree with you on several points. Not all, however!

And, do note what you've said: at Palpatine's request. He was responsible for those atrocities as much as Vader, moreso since he had planned them far ahead of time, and had little intention of seeking peace. I would agree that a true Sith should not seek after slaughter, but so many of them do anyway. Sad reality, but there is it.

In his case, however, it was also spurred by the near eradication of the Sith st the hands of the Jedi. He sought revenge against you for wiping us out. In reality, he WAS bringing Balance to the Force.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom