Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public The Night Market

Shaye glanced sidelong at Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok as he gave her some advice. So, he was asking that she do her research before rushing into a decision. It was reasonable, but she was rarely a reasonable person. His words, however, didn't fall on a completely deaf ear. Despite the nonchalant expression, she was listening.

“I've heard the words before,” Shaye answered him, referring to the terms 'Jedi' and 'Sith.'

She didn't live under a rock, after all. Though, this was the first time she could recall having met a Sith or a Jedi. And as she glanced back towards Ashin, she realized that she was very much caught between both worlds. A Sith lord on one side and a Jedi on the other.

Shaye nodded her thanks to Ashin Cardé Varanin Ashin Cardé Varanin for the gift of the crystal, and she pocketed it. She had to agree with what the woman was saying, things in life were never so... cut and dry. “Seems like the lines are blurred. It's more how you act than what label you wear.”

She shrugged, but fixed her eyes on Illian Dragos Illian Dragos . “What about you, then? Do you wear a label?”

Eskk Jannik

Nimdok stared at Ashin Cardé Varanin Ashin Cardé Varanin with widened eyes, his mouth forming an O as her words sank in. He had seen the red glow of the thaissen crystal when the old woman held it, and she had herself admitted to having “chosen evil” on multiple occasions. But somehow he hadn’t expected her to announce she was a Sith Lord.

That news definitely put his earlier impression that he had seen her somewhere before into a new context. His expression returned to a more neutral state as his surprise faded. He studied her now, taking in the lines of her face, doing his best to smooth the wrinkles and reverse the effects of age on her countenance. Yes… he had seen her before. She was a figure of some historical significance, he was certain. But what in space was she doing here, selling trinkets in a random marketplace? Hiding, perhaps?

The professor’s gaze flicked to Shaye Ares Shaye Ares as she agreed with what Ashin had said. He had not forgotten Illian Dragos Illian Dragos either, the young man leaning against the wall whom Ashin had claimed as one of her students. But since Shaye was the more lost of the two, Nimdok focused on her. He still felt a need to offer her guidance, which she seemed somewhat receptive to. Or did she see him as just another vendor trying to sell her something? He didn’t necessarily want to tell her what choice she should make, but it didn’t help matters that he had been unwittingly drawn into a tug-of-war for the girl’s attention with a Sith Lord as his primary competition.

I’m not a Jedi myself,” Nimdok said, realizing belatedly that he had failed to clarify that fact when Ashin had commented on the crystal turning green in his hand. Damn his tiredness… “I may sound biased in their favor, but… well, I guess I am. I’m a historian, so I’m supposed to take a more detached view of these things. But I’ve studied the history of the Jedi and the Sith, as well as the artifacts they leave behind, and I’ve drawn my conclusions from my research.

He turned to Ashin. “The Jedi aren’t supposed to commit genocide. They aren’t even supposed to take a life unless it’s absolutely necessary. When they are involved in any atrocity, it holds greater significance than when a Sith glasses a planet or wipes out a people.” He shrugged. “But you’ve piqued my curiosity, madam. You say you’re a Sith Lord—well, who are you exactly, and what evil have you chosen ‘more than once’?

Eskk Jannik

This conversation was becoming... what's the best way to put it, uncomfortable. He could see Ashin Cardé Varanin Ashin Cardé Varanin and Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok were engaged in a dual of philosophy, or whatever it is Sith Lords and Historians did to get people to agree to their perspective. What made Illian slightly angry was the idea of dualities. He hated the thought of the force just being 'light or 'dark', or Jedi and Sith. It was easy to categorize things -it made making a choice more easier. For him, the harder path was accepting the force as a whole, and rejecting the normative apprehension, the one that was being argued now.

If he had to chose though, he'd agree with Ashin. Each individual was complex, and he firmly believed that a Sith was not just the stereotyical force user with a hood and a lightsaber. Everyone had their own motivations that made them follow their own paths. Additionally, o Sith had ever treated him badly; then again, he'd only met one Sith- a former Empress, but still one Sith. On the other hand, he still wouldn't have preferred Shaye Ares Shaye Ares to be Sith due to their history, and this was where he agreed with the man with weird ears( Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok ) - a Jedi committing genocide would catch at least him by surprise, not a Sith. Reading their history, it was.... less than favorable. But he also knew history was not one sided, and in numerous instances, especially in this century, there were Sith who were most certainly better than many Jedi.

I suppose I'm caught in the middle. Wouldn't be the first time.

When Shaye asked him a question, he simply smiled. He suspected she probably wanted to talk about something else, and was growing bored with the conversation. For Illian, despite his slight anger, he enjoyed listening to different perspectives. It was a good method he'd engaged in ever since he began studying with the force, and he'd been fortunate enough to learn from the masters of their field.

"I don't where a label. I don't adhere to anything: I just follow my own path." he said. Vague but to the point, just how he liked it. If there were by themselves, he'd have revealed more, but it appeared there were new visitors, and with the Ashin was -at least appearing to- revealing more of herself, he preferred her to be the main focus.

It was her shop after all.

Eskk Jannik

Ashin Cardé Varanin

Couple bodies in the garden where the grass grows
I’m not a Jedi myself,” Nimdok said, realizing belatedly that he had failed to clarify that fact when Ashin had commented on the crystal turning green in his hand. Damn his tiredness… “I may sound biased in their favor, but… well, I guess I am. I’m a historian, so I’m supposed to take a more detached view of these things. But I’ve studied the history of the Jedi and the Sith, as well as the artifacts they leave behind, and I’ve drawn my conclusions from my research.

He turned to Ashin. “The Jedi aren’t supposed to commit genocide. They aren’t even supposed to take a life unless it’s absolutely necessary. When they are involved in any atrocity, it holds greater significance than when a Sith glasses a planet or wipes out a people.” He shrugged. “But you’ve piqued my curiosity, madam. You say you’re a Sith Lord—well, who are you exactly, and what evil have you chosen ‘more than once’?

Ashin's eyes narrowed.

"Don't be naive, historian. Or perhaps my primary sources were better than yours. 'Supposed to'? The Jedi have committed genocide against the Sith species, the Stennes Shifters, the Massassi, the Zarracines, and the Graug. So far. Me, I've conquered twenty thousand worlds under various flags - but massacres, genocide? Never. The Sith called me Empress Desmius; the Lords of the Fringe called me Grand Admiral Shira Karrde. I was born Ashin Varanin."

Eskk Jannik

E
As Eskk followed the lead of his sensory organ, he came upon a group of vendors and customers engaged in conversation. He only caught one word, Jedi. We're they Jedi or were they merely talking about Jedi? It didnt really matter to Eskk, but his curiousity was piqued.

Muktiple members of the group were force sensitives. Eskk could tell by the feeling given from his sensory organ. At least one of them had a significant connection to the force, but which one? Eskk stood off at a distance for a few moments. He was observing Ashin Cardé Varanin Ashin Cardé Varanin Illian Dragos Illian Dragos Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok Shaye Ares Shaye Ares and Rekha Kaarde Rekha Kaarde .

Eskk wanted to see what else of their conversation he could catch before he made his approach. Eskk pretended to browse nearby stalls, though his complete attention was on the group. Perhaps one of them would seem useful.

After awhile, Eskk would approach Shaye's stall silently. He would linger there with his eyes on the merchandise, as if trying to decide whether to buy something.

Rekha made her way weaving through the crowds. Everyone it seemed was having a fun day for the most part. Rekha looked at the crystal again she couldn't bring herself to touch it with a bare hand, she'd save it for later. What was she looking for? She wasn't sure. Understanding, she wanted to understand how forcers were what they were.

Not that she hated them, or revered them she just didn't understand anything about them. Even with all her years as friends with Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser she never asked never pushed to know more. She just accepted that's what it was. But...lately its been all about how and why.

Lost in her thoughts and arguing with herself she finally found herself in front of her destination. Deep breath.

Rekha walked in giving herself a moment to adjust to the light. "Ok who has the best joke?" It had become the thing she did... a voice from the back, why did they always come from the back, "How did Darth Vader like his toast?"

Rekha thought for a moment she liked her golden brown with something sweet. "I don't know how"

"On the dark side" She chuckled, "Ok....anyone else?" With no other takers Rekha headed to find the jokester, "OK drink is on me....where are you?"

A gloved hand went up. Oh...look....wait....Rekha paused. Feth.

She eavesdropped brazenly. The philosophical debate intriguing her. She considered what each said, and considered her own musings on such subjects.

She was inclined to agree with Ashin Cardé Varanin Ashin Cardé Varanin . Each Sith was different, and Maestus assumed the same rang true for the Jedi. To paint each "faction" with broad strokes never ended well for the one stereotyping. No, to understand what it was to be Sith or Jedi, that was personal. Someone one researched and discovered themselves.

She stepped nearer the booths where everyone was gathered. Eyes the color of lava slid over the wares on Ashin's tables. The crystals caught her attention, and she studied them intently. When there was a slight break in the conversation, she spoke softly.

How much for a crystal, my lord?

20201214_225131.png

Though her eyes were now on Illian Dragos Illian Dragos , she kept track of the conversation between Ashin Cardé Varanin Ashin Cardé Varanin and Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok . So, the pot vendor wasn't a Jedi after all, but a historian. And her eyes flickered back towards Ashin when she mentioned she'd been known as an Empress and a Grand Admiral. A powerful woman. Perhaps this was a very good connection to have on her side.

But Shaye's attention honed in on Illian once he provided an answer. He didn't follow a path laid out by anyone but himself. It seemed sensible to her, since she'd always been the same way. “Gotcha,” she acknowledged him, mentally filing this information away.

Soon, they were joined at her stand by another (Eskk Jannik).

Shaye watched him as he stood by the table, his eyes seemingly on the datapads and instant noodles on her table. Was it indecision or something else? “Can I help you with something?” she asked, canting her head at him slightly and giving him a hard stare as if to say 'buy something or leave.'

It was about that time that Ashin had a customer come to inquire about a crystal. So, it seemed that business was looking good... for her at least.

So Ashin Cardé Varanin Ashin Cardé Varanin was not only a Sith Lord, but a former empress and grand admiral. The status and (in)famy associated with her name and titles only made her presence here all the more surreal.

Aren’t you supposed to be dead?” Nimdok asked, rather bluntly. To his knowledge, this woman had been deceased for several years now. Yet here she was, flesh and blood. At least, as far as he could tell.

The rest of the conversation was becoming tiresome. “I don’t see the point in comparing the number of horrific events perpetrated by either sect as if they were scores in a hologame,” he replied dryly. “Besides, if I were to list off all the crimes committed by the Sith throughout their history, we’d be here all day.

It came almost as a relief when both Ashin and Shaye Ares Shaye Ares were distracted by new customers Maestus Maestus and Eskk Jannik , taking their attention off of Nimdok. He turned away from them, leaning his elbows on his table as he rubbed his tired eyes. Illian Dragos Illian Dragos was still leaning against the wall, just listening and following his own path. Wasn’t everyone? You could choose your labels as well as no labels. It didn't make him special... although perhaps it did make him smarter. He'd likely live a long and uneventful life so long as he kept his nose clean and didn't involve himself in any star wars.

Ashin Cardé Varanin

Couple bodies in the garden where the grass grows
Ashin's mouth quirked in something like a smile. "Fair enough," she said, glancing away from Maestus Maestus to Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok . "As a former Jedi Master myself...I just dislike the moral-dichotomy framing. I certainly don't speak or stand for all who call themselves Sith."

Her eyes glittered with malice directed far away.

"Not by a long shot. And yes. I've died more than once."

Looking at Shaye Ares Shaye Ares , he decided to speak.

"If you ever want a place where everyone is welcome, I here the Confederacy is looking for new members.."

That was all he said, as he looked at Eskk Jannik. The man gave him a weird vibe. He glanced slightly at him, before the young warrior returned to his datapad.

In just a few moments, he had just listened to a discussion between a former Empress and a historian; had seen the said Empress attempt to recruit an untrained force sensitive; had listened to a hater of force users speak. With his other goods purchased from the Drakos Systems storefront heading to his ship, he decided to stay.

Something was telling him that maybe a fight would occur.

And he wanted to be part of the fun.

A single digit pointed to the seat across the table. Rekha sat down with a thud like a child preparing to be scolded she folded her hands onto the table. No weapons. no who shot first scenarios.

"Anything new to say?"

Rekha smiled, "No, things are heated I hear rumblings about Sith on the move but nothing concrete." She couldn't really see his face as he talked but she knew it knew the voice.

"Your encounter with the mandalorian Shuklaar Kyrdol Shuklaar Kyrdol was unexpected. yes?" His head didn't really move he stared at the wall as if looking on her would put them all at risk for...some..thing.

"It was but the aren't all shoot first ask later." He had actually been very accommodating, he didn't kill her and she didn't feel like killing him. Win win.

"You need to check around the core, plus I hear Bespin is a target."

Rekha nodded, she had a business and friends there. "I'll head out shortly." She leaned to one side, "What brought you here, no one knew I was coming."

A soft chuckle, "An educated guess knowing how you are."

"Great..." I got not secrets.

Drinks arrived and the two sat silent each pondering what was happening around the galaxy.

Eskk Jannik

E
"Can I help you with something," the woman behind the counter, Shaye Ares Shaye Ares asked Eskk. It was ironic. She sold food, she was food. She was not, however, the food Eskk wanted tonight. That wasn't to say she couldnt be a snack some other night.

"I certainly hope so," Eskk said in a certain tone which implied desire. "Do any of those datapads come with your frequency?"

As Eskk tried to set up his future dinner plans, he pondered which of the two women behind him he was going to eat tonight. He was certainly going to try to eat one of them. He was leaning towards the new comer Maestus Maestus . She was the only non human in the group.

That made her exotic cuisine in Eskk's opinion and Eskk was feeling exotic tonight. Eskk focused all his sensory organs attention on her locking in on the stimulus she provided it.

This would allow him to follow her without it being obvious. As long as he was within fifty meters of her, he would be able to know the general direction he would have to travel to reach her and about how far she was away.

She nodded to Ashin Cardé Varanin Ashin Cardé Varanin once, respectfully. She handed over the credits for the crystal, and chose one from what was displayed. Neither the biggest nor the smallest, mid size and just right. With gloved hands, she selected one, and held it up so she could view it more closely.

When she picked the crystal up, it wasted little time in becoming a deep crimson. Almost the color of blood. Whether she saw or cared, was unable to be told. Her face didn't change, and she pocketed the crystal after a moment.

Feeling eyes on her, she turned and let her gaze wander. There was quite a crowd now, and that brought a smile to the Lethan Twi'Lek's face. Dark red lips parted and curled upwards at the corners. Though she couldn't pin point the source of the feeling, the being watched vibe never left. A soft low chuckle, and she looked back to Ashin's wares. She motioned to the displayed items, but ultimately passed on further purchases.

Thank you, Master Varanin. Perhaps, another time, we could talk. Maestus waved a hand at the crowd. She then stepped to one side, no interest in hampering Ashin's customers right now.

20201214_225131.png

Shaye gave Illian Dragos Illian Dragos a small nod before he left, noting his offer about the Confederacy. For the time, she couldn't see herself joining some big organization; she'd been operating on the fringes for too long. But the offer would be kept in the back of her mind, just in case.

She arched a very skeptical brow at Eskk Jannik as he answered.

And she might have cringed a little bit at the line about giving him her frequency along with one of the datapads she was selling. Nice try...not. 'Fraid not, friend.” Shaye put emphasis on the word. Sure, she might have blown a sale here, but it wasn't going to break her.

Idly, she pulled the crystal from her pocket again and was content to just hold it in her palm. Her eyes shifted from Ashin Cardé Varanin Ashin Cardé Varanin to Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok , seemingly caught in the middle. And she could only wonder... what would happen now that she was indeed force sensitive.

Eskk Jannik

E
Eskk couldn't believe this woman had the audacity to reject his feigned advances. What if they had been real? Eskk was amused by the thought. Still, the woman had provided context for Eskk to move away from her stall.

Now he was browsing Ashin Cardé Varanin Ashin Cardé Varanin 's stall. She had a box of some sort. Eskk noticed several of the crowd members holding them. "Must be a popular item," he said.

He turned his attention to the crystals. "Do you know anything about any stronger or rarer crystals?" All the while his sensory organ was remaining focused on Maestus Maestus and what she was doing. He wouldnt let her wander too far away before following.

She gave Eskk Jannik a sidelong glance. Surely he had better pickup lines? She shook her head slowly. Tipping her head up, she studied Ashin Cardé Varanin Ashin Cardé Varanin a moment or two longer. She took note of the way the Master came to Shaye Ares Shaye Ares defense. Curious.

Whether or not she was aware of Eskk Jannik watching her, she made no action to indicate she did.

She gave Ashin Cardé Varanin Ashin Cardé Varanin a bow of respect, and turned to see what was on display from Shaye Ares Shaye Ares . Apparently the Twi'Lek was in a mood to spend some credits tonight. She looked to Shaye, and gave a faint smile*

Good evening. Might I inspect your wares?

20201214_225131.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom