Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The new Republic interest check

skin, bone, and arrogance
It's funny you should state that any opposition to the New Republic should be voiced and handled IC when the entire raison d'etre of the faction is based in an extremely transparent OOC conflict relating to the Galactic Republic's status and leadership.

I guess it's "IC for thee but not for me."

But that's none of my business.
afed71bddc253d167b3e76d97894671d.gif

[member="Natasi Fortan"]

Prime example of going out of your way to insult someone. I voiced my opinion openly, and wished Suravi and the faction the best. I'm just providing an option for those that want something different.

Does it even affect you though ooc? I am very tired of dealing with your attitude. If it persists, I will ignore you. I've already asked you once not to come with insults. Yet you persist.

Progflaw99

Since GIF's are all the rage these days.
But... really? I mean I'm all for starting your own factions and all, but...

What makes this any different than the Galactic Alliance or the existing Republic? I'm aware of what's going on with the Republic at the moment but we're creating different shades of beige at this point. Add in the fact that it's almost the exact same as your existing faction, and the technicality that there's already a "New Republic" and what are we left with?

Like I said, I'm all for creating your own factions and whatnot, but there's nothing here that looks any different than things that already exist.

https://gfycat.com/WelcomePointedAsp

skin, bone, and arrogance
Jack Raxis said:
[member="Natasi Fortan"]
Prime example of going out of your way to insult someone. I voiced my opinion openly, and wished Suravi and the faction the best. I'm just providing an option for those that want something different.
Does it even affect you though ooc? I am very tired of dealing with your attitude. If it persists, I will ignore you. I've already asked you once not to come with insults. Yet you persist.
I'm sorry that you think anything but unqualified praise for your ideas is an insult, but that doesn't make it so. I get that it's your baby, but being over sensitive about it isn't doing your new members any favors. I

I really wish your faction well, but with this kind of attitude I can't help but think the New Republic's experience will be frustrating and short.

Out of an interest of not further irritating your very thin skin, I won't offer any more OOC criticism of your little party. Good luck with everything.

[member="Natasi Fortan"]
You do realize that your entire post about leaving it alone and not insulting him was, in fact, full of insults, right?

Do people here not understand that bolstering creativity, even if the endeavour fails, is a good thing? I'd say I don't understand why people want to rain on others parade, but it's the Internet and people like to bully through their computer screens.

Idea: How about instead of trying to rip apart the idea, you encourage it and let what happens happen, be it failure or success?

[member="Natasi Fortan"]

You know what's funny? Could've sworn the topic of this thread was interest check. Could've sworn it didn't say feedback or anything like that.

You wanna play games and try to talk in arrogant circles we can do this all day. In fact I remember defending you once against Kiskla even you played Aurellia. So much for solidarity though.

What other funny things do you have to say that I don't care about? Please tell me, I'm dying to hear your ideas.

[member="Maris Jolner"] [member="Natasi Fortan"] [member="Jack Raxis"]

As far as I can see you literally joined this board today, so you are already speaking from a position of ignorance.

This was and is an interest check for a faction idea. There is no hugbox, people will come in here, they will offer either praise for an idea or criticism for an idea, some might even call out others for perceived hypocrisy.

That's not an insult, it's not bullying, it's fulfilling a role where people get a reality check once they step outside their little comfortable bubble. All that being said - I got my own opinions about this idea, but I will keep 'em to myself because I'd only be echoing others.

Jack, I wish you luck with the faction.

Joined yesterday, actually. Been perusing for a long time. And my being a new join does not mean I can't identify stupidity for what it is. Jack asked for a check of interest, not feedback. Your role of a reality check could be fulfilled simply by allowing him to play it out, not belittling him or berating him or telling him his idea is dumb. Never discourage creativity, and respect your fellow writers if you want them to respect you. That means abiding by the goal of the thread.

[member="Darth Carnifex"]
I don't care what people create. If I don't like it, that's fine. It's an opinion. Does that mean they shouldn't do their idea? No. There are tons of movies, as an example, that I hate but others love. Same concept here.

The difference is I can respect peoples creative rights and realize that feedback (opinions) are for feedback threads, not interest checks.

Maris Jolner said:
[member="Darth Carnifex"]
I don't care what people create. If I don't like it, that's fine. It's an opinion. Does that mean they shouldn't do their idea? No. There are tons of movies, as an example, that I hate but others love. Same concept here.

The difference is I can respect peoples creative rights and realize that feedback (opinions) are for feedback threads, not interest checks.
g1361041739860123871.jpg

[member="Jack Raxis"]

What [member="Natasi Fortan"] has said thus far in your interest checks and advertisement for the New Republic hasn't been insulting in the slightest. It's comparable to someone accusing another of racism to shut down conversation or debate. If you feel the sting of annoyance with her comments, then it is because deep down inside you know that this venture is a bad idea. But you have some complex that makes you want to go against the grain and attempt to revive something which, quite frankly, many people have tried doing and failed.

We're not trying to insult you as we are attempting to dismay you from doing something that you will not enjoy.

Edit: I mean, just to add on. So what if you were insulted? Are we supposed to care about your feelings?

Sanya Val Lerium

Neutral, Queen of Her people, Neko
Can we tone this down or maybe take it to pm. Insults, belittling or what you wanna call it doesn't look good on anyone. The OP clearly stated this as an interest check not a debate of why the feth are you doing this.

Its simple we are doing this because we want to carve a new story with a real fresh start. The republic has always been a big factor in star wars. Quite frankly I'd actually like to see an old classic empire reforge. If a republic vs empire war started again I would seriously put this char in a bag to indulge into a nfu.

As of right now TNR is a here and now. Something me and Jack would like to blossom into something that will be around for a while. This is star wars when one republic falls a new one starts. When an empire falls something just as menacing comes along to take it's place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom