Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The new Republic interest check

[member="Astarii Saren"]

No kidding thank you! That is the most rational and nice thing I’ve heard for weeks.

I've been watching your writing as many characters and I have to say I very much enjoy your style.

Isamu Baelor

Protector of The Iron Realm
I have a question, [member="Jack Raxis"].

You've created this faction because you believe the Galactic Republic has, IC, lost its way. Yes?

Why is it then, that you have immediately made one of the mistakes which they made. That being allowing monstrous, tyrannical, terrorists within your ranks?

I feel like that's counter-productive to your goal.

Sanya Val Lerium

Neutral, Queen of Her people, Neko
[member="Isamu Baelor"] by that comment I presume you mean me?

For the most part like the character Jack, Sanya will take a big of a Ooc back seat until I've resolved some ic "problem's". At the here and now I'm working with him to get things set up and this char will only be used in privet threads and fraction threads where it would make sense for this char to be in as more of a helper/ aid.

At the moment I've got to deal with both bounties on my head. One been currently handled by [member="Zef Halo"] and others who I appreciate taking the time out to handle it. The other one will be with jorus that we have been discussing and will be up relatively soon. I'm also still planning other story's and developments that would help put this char in a better light than the one that's on her at the moment.

Although if you don't mean me then I'm sure who ever you're talking about has their reasons for been there. The new republic is a fresh start with a different direction. Nothing to do with TGR.

Isamu Baelor

[member="Sanya Val Swift"]

I'm also still planning other story's and developments that would help put this char in a better light than the one that's on her at the moment.
You can't put a good spin on enslaving a planet, and unleashing a biological weapon on its population.

Those types of actions stick to characters, permanently. It stains them.

Isamu Baelor said:
You can't put a good spin on enslaving a planet, and unleashing a biological weapon on its population.
Those types of actions stick to characters, permanently. It stains them.
Some crimes are unforgivable. This is among them

RIP Carlyle Rausgeber

"It's all been bloody marvellous..."
Isamu Baelor said:
Kind of makes factions like the First Order, One Sith and other more, well "evil" factions look good by comparrisson, doesn't it?

Now, onto some feedback, because I can't leave without some. [member="Jack Raxis"], I like your system of government here, it really looks like a good, well thought model. As someone who hasn't seen the Galactic Republics though, would they at all be similar? Are they a similar model? And how is the OOC command structure, you're head honcho, but say the folks of your new nation vote someone else in as the leader. Are they in command, or are they a figure head?

Carlyle Rausgeber said:
Kind of makes factions like the First Order, One Sith and other more, well "evil" factions look good by comparrisson, doesn't it?
choofed.gif

Sanya Val Lerium

Isamu Baelor said:

Yeah if that's your spin on everything. Sanya wasn't the one who "made" the croa (ooc subbed it yes). Nor was she the one that a lot of them to the world. That would be [member="Balaya Praelior"]. As for enslaving a world your wrong again. She took over from the former tyrant king to begin building the world a industry up. Sanya doesn't own the people like they are her property and I'm sure not every croa, human, twi'lek and other on the world even obay her.

But come on let me change the scenario here Mr macho Sith. Mr macho Sith has committed mass murder, destroyed cities, actually enslaved people, your typical Sith. But Mr Macho Sith guy decided he was finished been a Sith and became a Jedi. I've seen this many times and yet those people never got the grief like I am off people like you in this community. We are all here for the reason to write our own story's. We are all here to also write together. [member="Isamu Baelor"] why do you think it's okay or even appropriate to treat other members so poorly like you've done with me these past few months?

I'm no saint but at least I have the common decency to at least apologize to people when I'm in the wrong or taken something for granted.

Isamu Baelor

why do you think it's okay or even appropriate to treat other members so poorly like you've done with me these past few months?
Pot. Kettle. Black. etc. The way you've treated people is well documented. Infamous even.

I've seen this many times and yet those people never got the grief like I am off people like you in this community.
Most Sith haven't committed the atrocities that Sanya has. As I said, many would be envious.

However, you've misunderstood the intention of my question. It wasn't an attack on you personally. It's that the logic doesn't hold to scrutiny.

It would be similar to if a light side-oriented faction popped up, counting Darth Carnifex among its ranks. It would have people scratching their heads, just as this has.

Sanya Val Lerium

[member="Isamu Baelor"]

Isamu Baelor said:
Most Sith haven't committed the atrocities that Sanya has.
The average sith have actually killed more people ic. In ic Sanya has only killed 5-10 npc's prior to the events of sekalus and they are the only ones she's actually killed directly. As for why she was with darksiders, Sanya felt rejected by the Jedi order always been sent on solo scout missions. Over time that impacted on her mental health causing anxiety and depression. She had a lot of down time. At the same time she still had a romance interest one she couldn't take up because of the Jedi. When Sanya discovered camellia had been captured by praelior she followed with the intentions to save her. Instead it lead to Sanya's capture. For a long time Sanya was kept close without any opportunity to run and rescue cam. After a while Sanya played along always looking for that chance. Then sekalus part many knows about. Her intentions where to remove the corrupted tyrant king a as above she did it for food reasons. Unfortunately the black rose tracked her doing what they did. When Sanya also managed to gain power in the black rose she used that power to try redeem them to a more civil and lighter stance without trying to change people's chars in a way they wouldn't like.

So saying Sanya Did this that and the other without actually knowing the story is where people are getting their facts wrong. Its been like that now for so long people jump the gun with the wrong information.

So laying it on the table your character is actually a more evil char than Sanya. She lost her path for a short time. But in the end it wasn't who she was. Honestly though I do regret not doing my original plan for sekalus and is something I'm working on to take it back to it's original purpose. As for the croa you forget Sanya got made into one. It wasn't by choice the same time it wasn't forced either.

Anyway I think we both are going off topic so if this discussion needs to continue I'm happy to go into a pm.

Isamu Baelor said:
The way you've treated people is well documented. Infamous even.
As I said I'm no saint. But when you have had to deal with non stop drama for 9 months your bound to snap. I try not to but I'm human I get angry and I vent to deal with that anger.

Isamu Baelor

Sanya Val Swift said:
So laying it on the table your character is actually a more evil char than Sanya.
Isamu stopped Darth Carnifex from killing 800,000,000 Chiss. Ordered the OS military to protect all innocent civilians in the uprisings post-Dark Lord death.

You have an odd moral compass if you consider those acts to be worse than unleashing a biological horror on the people of Sekalus.

But you're right, we're going off-topic here.

[member="Jack Raxis"], I wish you all the luck in the world man. But I implore you to look at the mistakes that previous factions have made, and don't make them yourself.

For clarification, as I'm not familiar with any of this, was your character at least partly responsible for the creation of the Croa and their introduction to Sekalus, and the transformation of innocent civilians into the Croa?

If so, does your character regret doing so?

If they're not regretful, why would any good faction take them in?

If they are regretful, why should your character still not be brought to justice?

I say this to all "bad guy turned good guy" characters really. Is it realistic to think one can commit heinous acts and then with a change of heart switch over with no consequences?

In the real world, a murderer who regrets his actions, is penitent, and turns himself in will most likely receive a more lenient and lighter sentence. They will not be let off the hook altogether though, and there would be public outcry if that ever happened.

A mass murderer would still most likely face a lifetime behind bars.

Indeed I would imagine a truly penitent character would want to be brought to justice, or at least reluctantly agree with being put in prison if that was the sentence they received.

Normally I'd bite my tongue, but since you have that path to redemption thing, I can't help myself.

Jedi, normally, don't own anything. A 'redeemed' Jedi definitely shouldn't. Sanya should not be an empress of a planet, and should have tried to create a democracy on said planet. She should not own a company, and instead left it to someone she trusts (which could just be an alt.) A Jedi trying to redeem themselves from their past as a DJ or a Sith should own nothing and do nothing for themselves. Harsh, yes. But that's the point of redemption. It's a hard, grueling road where you give up everything. You dont see a crack addict keeping their pipe unless they want to relapse (dark side is crack yo).

[member="Jack Raxis"]

If you're going to allow big baddies to join your group of peace, they should be punished for their crimes. If they want to become a Jedi, they should have to be held strictly to the code. They should not be leading planets or companies. This is my opinion and my suggestion, because you never see this sort of thing enforced.

Good luck though! Running a faction is hard.

Sanya Val Lerium

Wolf said:
For clarification, as I'm not familiar with any of this, was your character at least partly responsible for the creation of the Croa and their introduction to Sekalus, and the transformation of innocent civilians into the Croa?
Sanya was there at more or less at the end of it's creation but it was the Sith [member="Balaya Praelior"] who created them. The only aid Sanya did was one of the rps where she took down two Jedi for a reason she didn't know.

As for the civilians on the world the only people Sanya turned was the king and his somewhat advisors. She had no intention to turn the population nor was it her doing. But the br knew about Sanya's vision of a world unknown of to the galaxy so she does feel responsible for them following.

Wolf said:
If so, does your character regret doing so?
Sanya does regret her past but she is trying to learn from her mistakes and repent.

Wolf said:
If they are regretful, why should your character still not be brought to justice?
Well I think this will be explored soon when I go turn myself in to jorus as their starting story line was pushing any remaining br out of it's previous cloud.

As for consequences sekalus and it's people has seemed to get more punishment than Sanya has. If someone sent me a message saying I'd like to fight your character and capture her to bring justice for a lot of the alleged crimes she's done. I would have probably said yes if the ic sense is there.

[member="Darth Ferus"]

I've not been rping Sanya as a true Jedi but more of a gray Jedi working in the confines of the Jedi rules rather than the code.

[member="Isamu Baelor"] [member="Carlyle Rausgeber"] [member="Darth Ferus"] [member="Wolf"] [member="Horus"]

Alright so first off guys, it's not your faction and it barely even impacts you so why do you guys care so much?

The New Republic was made specifically because the old one will kick the bucket when they go minor and also because of the treatment that folks were getting. Staff in my opinion is not here to lord it over the people. The members of a faction drive the faction. They write the stories, they come up with the ideas etc.

What happened was the people spoke multiple times with a consensus that they didn't want certain actions taken and they were disregarded and trampled over anyways.

This has been an ongoing trend with them for some amount of years now.

But that's all meh. What other folks do, other folks can do, I don't care too much.

To answer other questions, TNR is in my mind a Sandbox where the members drive the story. I organize trackers, greet people, do fancy graphics and put up fluff for them to use as backdrops and setting material. I'm not even in any actual TNR threads with Jack and neither is Sanya. I purposely choose to forgo supreme commander and presidential positions because I feel it's not fair to the members. If I am an Admin and the Pres then I feel folks don't get an equal shot at having a position of IC power, and getting to RP that position out.

I don't like holding all the cards. I like inclusion, not little cliques where the staff rule IC and OOC. To me that's just poor form. When the members who volunteer their time and effort to your cause and everyone else’s collective cause have a grievance, it should be addressed with respect. For me that's not lording, and going with the majority vote. That's how I've run all my factions or factions I've been staff in. LoTF ran that way when RC was staff, The Expeditionary Fleet, The Crimson Dragon, The Red Ravens, all of that.

On another note I could give a crap less what characters on my staff have done IC in the past. As long as they are not currently at it harming the faction image. A big part of faction image is how we treat our members, even the ones that post the absolute least. I invited Sanya because we share a similar vision and based on her OOC conduct.

What I have seen the past few weeks is more drama than I have seen in all four years here besides the Republic Clone trooper rebellion. Let it go guys. Let people do what they want to do with their character. It's a make believe game on a server, it's not real life. If you despise someone, just don't talk to them or RP with them. It is that easy.

What I dislike seeing is folks taking IC actions to the OOC realm and being complete dickbags to other people OOC because their character did X,Y to Z.

Example [member="Ra Vizsla"] and I are at odds IC. But we still talk like mature respectful folks OOC.

If you don't like Sanya, or me, or TNR, cool. I am ok with that. Not saying it's the folks that I tagged. I tagged you because I just wanted to answer questions en masse. Stop coming after folks OOC. Stop with the derision and contempt. I don't go out of my way to pop up publicly and insult people if I disagree. I just state that I disagree and I would expect as an adult and fellow writer to be treated the same.

I wish ya the best and hopefully at some point your feelings will change and we can RP some threads together.

[member="Jack Raxis"]
Your Republic needs a dutiful police unit in order to control the kinds of people that think it is acceptable for a Republic to commit acts of terrorism, mass murder, and things of that nature. I may be willing to make a second character to work as such. Do you have interest in this?

[member="Maris Jolner"]

Like I said earlier its not what I have an interest in its what the members have an interest in. I like that idea, if you want to try I'd tell you go for it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom