Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The New Jedi Order

Bold and simple, not a conducive match for survival. For every word spoken from the tar pit that was the mouth of this darksider, Relit gave no response except to finally press the ignition switch against his saber hilt. The saber ignited in a beam of purple, flowing out from the emitter. It kissed the ground before halting as he looked towards the Jedi Master, Aela Talith.

"No, but arrests are fully within the scope of any Jedi Order."

Had he committed any crimes? Most likely. He was a darksider after all. He would receive no apology, he would be no ally of this particular Jedi. So long as he tasted of the fountain and temptation, he would be a sworn enemy to this particular Jedi Master. The Galactic Alliance had no time for such mockery, such contempt for conviction. He would interrupt the final words spoken by this intruder.

"You provide no service we need. Leave this place, as the Marshall has requested. Or suffer the consequences."

This wasn't a trigger happy Jedi. But he would be damned if he'd stand idly by while the integrity of this alliance was brought into question with the injection of such corruption. Willing corruption. Relit would have none of it.

[member="Romeo Sin"] | [member="Aela Talith"]

Jedi must always cooperate in battle or crisis.
~Jedi Tenets

There was a commotion. A stirring. Not quite a disturbance in the Force, but enough to warrant the attention of several of the Jedi in attendance. Quietly, and curiously, Jedi Knight Adele Adonnai would step from her perch to get a closer look. Words were said, a request made. Perchance... an arrest?

Listless ice blue eyes would review the scene with a quiet contemplation. What ever would happen next was important. Every action that came of this would stain the creation of the New Jedi Order. How each would react and act would strike a chord in the harmony and send a message to all just how the New Jedi Order would stand.

Watching, waiting, Adele observed [member="Relit Vandal"] and [member="Aela Talith"].

Cyril had sensed it too. The blight upon the Force standing near the corner of the room. It couldn't be him. Surely the man was not that stupid.

Life, as it was wont to do, proved Cyril wrong.

Romeo Sin had decided to show up, and try to pull another one his...whatever you would call what he did. The last memory he had of the confusing young man was the day the Ession Reformation annexed his kingdom, or planet. Cyril was having trouble recalling. That had caused far more trouble then it was ever worth.

The boy hadn't come to Cyril's mind since then - the galaxy was overrun with young adults and teenagers who felt they had some new doctrine that would enlighten the rest of the galaxy. In essence, they were all the same.

He stood behind the Marshal and Master Vandal, and prepared to back them up if need be. Of course, that wouldn't be the case. These people were experienced, and Sin, considering his status as a vessel of the Dark Side in a place that could not have been more against such a state, was greatly outnumbered.

Regardless, Cyril felt the need to speak.

"Sin, please, listen to the Marshal and go before you make a fool of yourself." He reached up to pinch the bridge of his nose, and shook his head.

[member="Relit Vandal"], [member="Veino Garn"], [member="Aela Talith"],[member="Romeo Sin"]

[member="Relit Vandal"]

Romeo stopped once more at the threat of the arrest, and turned once more to look at the Jedi. His eyes rolled over each being here, and saw man he hadnt seen for a long time. That man was coming to say a few words, and they were wise, if not simple enough.​
But Romeo was not one to listen to such crap.​
He hand waved the threat, literally, and scoffed. Looking at the two men, and looked down at his waist.​
"I just came for the speech anyways. I take my leave. I appreciate the Jedi mercy." If thats what it could be called.​
Romeo had fought along side so many Jedi, so many Republic troops, and yet he still could not shake off the bad rep he had obtained in his younger years.​
But one could not change what was their true nature, surely, he though, even the Jedi understood this?​
Romeo bowed, and walking away from the crowd, and sending a message for pick up from his personal ship.​
Jedi, Jedi never change.
His thoughts ran back to Corvus Raaf, who he had at the time did not know was a Grand Master of the Jedi Order. It had been such a lovely, and peaceful interaction. Romeo's only dream now, was to coexist. Maybe this was the only way they could coexist, thousands of meters away from one another.​
"Take care Grayson."​
Romeo yelled as he was nearing the exit.​
"May the force be with you all."​
Mockery, Romeo loved it, but...he also meant it this time.​
[member="Cyril Grayson"]​
[member="Adele Adonai"]​

Man, this place was confusing. Like spread out all over the place and nothing was marked at all for signage. She'd asked for directions in the hangar bay when she parked Betty, but the instructions didn't make any sense because she wasn't familiar with the layout of the compound. She felt a little odd walking around looking like a spacer, from what she heard, these Jedi were supposed to have robes and laser swords and be serious about peace which were all things Ula could get behind but she kinda felt like she should have bought the uniform before she came here. Was it required? She was just too new to this formal being a part of something turn that her left needed. She couldn't live on that freighter forever.

She turned a corner and saw a guy coming out of a room that looked like the place she was told to go. He looked miffed at something and she got a heebeejeebee feeling from him. She let her eyes linger on him a little long before she opened the door and entered the room.

Everyone was standing, staring...no, glaring at the door. Ula froze like a wild animal caught in a trap. She looked back and forth a second, took a slow deliberate step back out, looked at the number on the door and stepped back in.

"Um, am I interrupting something? Um, I was told, uh...this is where the Jedi are meeting right? I mean, I can come back if, um....this is, like a bad time."

Well, this was awkward.

[member="Romeo Sin"] [member="Cyril Grayson"] [member="Adele Adonai"] [member="Relit Vandal"] [member="Aela Talith"]

Roth Tillian

R
Roth frowned, catching the unmistakable sound of a lightsaber. A purple one, held by someone who looked even more ragged than Roth did after a rough night at the bar, as well as someone with white hair and red eyes stalking off, trailing a dark aura. What was that all about? It appeared he had missed something exciting this time. He turned back towards the front and stopped. Was that who he thought it was? He shook his head to clear it.

Veino Garn. Or rather, Master Veino Garn, apparently. Times sure had changed. Veino had actually grown up. Crazy to think he used to be a dumb kid who'd ride along in Roth's shenanigans. He shot him a quick grin and a wave, which Veino returned with a half-salute and nod of his head. Boy did that kid need a haircut. He'd grow out of his crazy teenage years at some point. Maybe not yet though. Well, Roth certainly hadn't. He swung back around to the front, half-chuckling to himself. Wasn't this some crazy alliance?

He shifted through the crowd again, seeing if he'd recognize anyone. Not that he could think of. They all seemed new to him. Granted, his stint with the Republic had been very short, and not many recognizable Jedi made their way to the Suarbi system for him to meet with the SDF.

[member="Romeo Sin"] [member="Aela Talith"] [member="Relit Vandal"] [member="Cyril Grayson"]

Na'Varro watched the kerfuffle from afar, knowing that there was no need for him to step in. He wondered, however, what deluded thought processes had led a darksider to come to a meeting for Jedi. As far as Master Na'Varro knew, there was no such thing as a Jedi who used the Dark Side. So if you use the Dark Side, you can't be a Jedi. And if you're not a Jedi, or at the very least a lightsider, there was no real reason to attend a meeting solely for Jedi.

The bearded man shook his head and realigned his attention back to Jacen, wondering if maybe he had missed something somewhere along the line.

She relaxed slightly as the man finally left, her hands falling open at her side.

Aela hadn't wanted this to be a day of violence, she hadn't wanted to arrest anyone or beat them into a bloody pulp. For now she was glad that the man was gone, though there was no doubt in her mind that she would be seeing him again. When she did the conversation would go entirely different, that she knew for sure. A moment more her gaze lingered, then her bright orange eyes shifted over towards the Jedi Master that had first approached the man, [member="Relit Vandal"].

"Thank you." Aela said quietly.

Perhaps she should have been the one to pull her lightsaber free, to press the man, but she supposed that it had worked out in the end. She was still learning, still getting used to the position that she was now in.

Of course unbeknownst to her, Grand Marshal Omai Rhen had watched the whole scene. He stood only a few feet away, his eyes fixed on Aela, Relit, and those around the two. His hand had long ago fallen to the hilt of his lightsaber, his grip was tight and his eyes had a heavy set to them that told of his own intentions. As Aela found him within the crowd he offered only a simple solemn nod before returning to the conversation he had been holding before.

Kaia was not the strongest of Force users. She was a Jedi, she was a good Jedi, a good Warden of the Sky, and that was why she was in the rank of a Knight. But in traditional Starchaser style, her skills wouldn’t really mature into anything worthwhile until she became a Master, until she put the time and effort into that power that calls to her. Here? It was what she wanted to be, the idealized vision she had of herself, and maybe learning how to use that for the Jedi goals.

It wouldn’t be inherently dark, no. Her father had walked that path, and he was coming back towards the light, he’d never be a Jedi, but she didn’t want to fall off the wagon in that direction too fast.

She could feel the dark side enter the room, and it was… cold, a cold she could someday learn to appreciate, but knew better than. The youngest Starchaser was going to allow the rest to handle this. What was she going to do? Swing her saber and snipe him? It was an option, if it all got out of hand, but the Masters, they were handling it. The tension though… she was keeping her distance.

As a Starchaser she was known to fight for her beliefs, and even if she didn’t have a fighter here, she’d help her friends.

Weren't the Jedi in a silver order back all the way in Genosia? Apparently not because in front of this Twi'lek there was more than her share of justice bringers and she had no initial idea why she was here. She was no Force User as far as she knew but she needed to see for herself if it was true.... The Jedi Were here, she could feel the Light cleansing her as she stepped inside the place wearing a majestic White gown that accentuated her green eyes and lips. Striding, almost floating. Destiny guided her every move to the centerpiece. The Place was not awe inspiring, but the aura of the place was, well, besides that one fellow who looked terribly out of place. She would not let that trouble her right now, she needed to gaze upon the Order, to see the Legendary Peace Keepers that Tales spoke about.

A young girl with Fire in her blue eyes was well seen and an array of strong looking men, one particular Jedi seemed to exhume quite a bit of authority wielding a purple lightsaber... "Do all Jedi Behave this way?..." Her voice echoed through the hall of the meeting as she shook her head. A concerned tone dripping from her words. "I thought it was the Job of Brutes like Myself to dish out Face Beatings and Skull Splittings." She said as her tone was a baffling contradiction to her words, as she spoke of violence her tone was cheerful and bright. She then walked to take her place paying no heed to the following actions other than to smile pleasantly.

It was then she was caught by the eyes of a Man whose presence she had not noticed for some reason... [member="Jannik Morlandt"]... well Hello Handsome. She shook the thought of of her head remembering that many Jedi, if the stories were true, could read minds and thoughts as if they were books. She sat beside him but without breaking eye contact... for some reason it was as if her steps moved by the force of an unseen hand and it brought it straight to him. "Good evening Master Jedi, Do you mind if i sit beside you?" Her tone innocent but for some reason... she felt she needed to be in this exact place. Indescribable but again, she shook it off as just instinct.​

His emerald eyes, hidden beneath the spectacles, didn't leave the dark figure until he was absent from view. And even then, he continued to trace the inkling of his presence until it was gone from this hollow place - and hopefully forever. Once that nasty bit of business was done, he extinguished the lightsaber and clipped it back against his right hip. Turning to Aela, he smiled and followed her attention to Omai Rhen.

"You would have done the same..." Relit could sense that from both the Marshall and from the Grand Marshall. "Apologies if I acted out of turn. I wont promise that it wont happen again, an old tree can only grow in so many ways..." He said as he smiled and put out his hand. He was still getting acquainted with the hierarchy of this alliance and what authority a Jedi Master might have in such circumstances.

"Relit Vandal."

For all the things going on right now, Relit seemed to be entirely focused on Aela and Omai. A requirement, lest he be overwhelmed by the expanding presence here on Sullust.

If a Jedi ignites his lightsaber, he must be ready to take a life.
~The Jedi Tenets

The most subtle of smiles would perk along Jedi Knight Adele’s lips. She gave a solemn nod. The Force was with them. Patience, Prudence, and self discipline. All were virtues that a Jedi must strive for. That they had been displayed, albeit through varying degrees, was a validation. The Will of the Force.

Ice blue listless eyes would then turn to the rest of the gathering. Perhaps it may not be the most traditional of Jedi Orders. Perhaps it may not be the one to hold the strictest view. Whatever may come of it, A’dele knew that there was a place for all within the Force. Her perspective and ideology may be a bit more orthodox, but considering the fact on how the plethora of Jedi Orders up until then had their own conflicts and issues, time may change that.

However her outlook, she was here to help support. Be it through healing or any manner that may burn the Jedi like the brightest of candles in the dark.

Wow, tough crowd.

Ula was slightly relieved when everyone turned around to talk to whoever they were talking to before she walked in so she used that opportunity to slip along the wall and lose herself in the crowd. There were a lot of really peaceful laid back looking people, and some who looked like she kinda felt, like drifters wishing for a place where they belonged. There were some who were natural leaders, you could pick them out just by looking at them. They carried the galaxy on their shoulders, and the weight of it made them seem immense in the eyes of others. Good leaders were larger than life. Their very presence sometimes dwarfed their physical bodies. Ula wasn't really cut from that stuff, but she respected and admired the ones who were. These were men and women who made tough choices and lived with the consequences.

She was thinking about that and staring in the distance when she almost ran into a wandering guy, and she apologized for her clumsiness.

"Oh, shoot, sorry, I wasn't watching. Hi, I'm Ula"

[member="Roth Tillian"]

Cyril breathed a sigh of relief as things died down. An arrest was not a good way to mark the birth of a Jedi Order, let alone the one that he expected to soon become the face of Jedi in the galaxy. Either way, with the Grand Marshal's speech done, and the situation dismantled, Cyril had no further business here. His place was to serve; not to make friends. There were things that needed doing back home that dwarfed an awkward attempt at making nice with the rest of the Order. If they came to know him, it would be of his deeds, or not at all.

Quietly, the Jedi Master made his way for the doors. He was pleased with this new order. The Grand Marshal at least seemed to be capable, and those that followed him reflected him. Perhaps Cyril had found a purpose after all.

Roth Tillian

R
[member="Ula Kaddo"]

Roth stiffened in surprise for a moment and then relaxed with a grin as he realized what happened. Someone hadn't been paying attention and bumped him. Not just anyone, but a young woman. That was hardly ever a problem, unless she was planning to stab him in the back.

"No problem there, Ula," He paused for a moment, studying the crowd, "You have such a lovely name." He gave her another smile, "My name's Roth. Just looking around at this shindig going down. Lots of potential, don't you think?"

People were starting to filter out and leave now. Looked like the party was winding down. That usually meant afterparty, right? Perhaps he'd go off and start one.

"Thanks, yeah. This is crazy, I've never seen anything like it."

She really was enthusiastic about it, and she chuckled as she spoke. The mirth from just being in a room of people like this was more than she could imagine. Her mother had called her a monster. An abomination. These people were far from that. A bit of the ole ugly duckling mindset. This was a room full of swans. She hoped that one day, she would be one too.

"So, what's it like to be Jedi?" She looked back at Roth, attentive and cheerful. "I'd never even met one and now I'm trying to see if I can be one."

[member="Roth Tillian"]

Roth Tillian

R
What's it like to be a Jedi?

Well, wasn't that the question of the millennium. He'd never been one, quite honestly. He frowned for a few moments, "Well, never been one. Don't particularly plan on being one." He gave an embarrassed shrug. "I come from a different Force order and we're... quite a bit different." This wasn't exactly going the way he had expected it to. He looked around the crowd until he saw Aela Talith and Relit Vandel. He pointed them out to her. "They'd probably know. I'm more of a starfighter pilot than an actual Jedi, if that makes sense."

No, this was really not going the way he expected it to.

"I have the lightsaber and some of the skills," Roth paused, trying to think how to explain this, "But the philosophy is what makes a Jedi and it's one I don't share. Definitely talk to them about being one." He gestured vaguely towards the crowd and Aela specifically.

"Well kriff, I didn't know that..." Her eyes widened a moment as she contemplated the mistake she made. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean anything by it. I don't know a whole lot about this stuff. I thought if you were special and one of the good guys, you were a Jedi. If not, you were Spit lord. Sit lord? Something that starts with an S."

She explained rather quickly as she noticed that she embarrassed Roth with her question. That was the furtherest thing from her travel weary mind.

"Hey, I'm a slicer and I fix droids and stuff so really, I don't even know what the heck any of this is about. I just know I want to help. However I can. With these crazy, space wizard powers."

She chuckled at her own ignorance. She knew that none of what she had heard of the Force and it's application was truth, but she didn't come here because she was already an expert, she came to learn what she truly was. Whatever that might be. She didn't know where the future would take her but she was going to enjoy it.

[member="Roth Tillian"]

The commotion was but background to his musings, and after the speech, he took to finding a place to sit and engage in meditation, a way to connect with the energy of this place and begin to develop a bond of sorts with the nature of it. This would be a home for Jedi, and it did well for those that lived within it to have an affinity for their home, to know the environment and seek advantage within it for whatever may come. Nowhere remained safe forever. It was along these lines that his meditative thoughts traveled, as he sat there with elbows on knees and a far-off gaze - any position being one in which he could meditate, by now - when a voice pulled him from it just enough to give the owner of that voice the awareness of response.

"Please," he said, head turning to the direction from which the voice came to see the girl, overlaid with her aura, all at once, "I don't mind at all."

He smiled, a faint expression, the unavoidable and natural blink flicking his eyelids closed and then open. The sight of aura vanished, the meditative state dissipated. Then he looked to the space ahead of himself, again.

"Sorry, it's been some time since I last entered into a gathering of Jedi," he explained, "I'm Jannik Morlandt," he gave, "a Knight, last I checked."

The humour showed in the uptick of one corner of his mouth.

"And you, lass? Do you have a name, or did you misplace it?"

[member="Asahara Velin"]

An Odd one This Jedi... He did not seem like the others, not that they all followed a code of dress or anything similar but there was something very unique about the Man Asahara spoke to. Her smile was Genuine and her laugh at his attempt at humor was in a way to ease the tension, she had just walked up to him and sat beside him. "Asahara Velin. The pleasure is mine Master Morlandt" She smiled and tiled her head as she thought of his words, his voice so distant, when she approached him she could sense his essence and Core, being a simple girl she paid little attention to it but he was indeed a Jedi Knight as he proclaimed.

His company was pleasant, immediately calming to the Young Twi'lek, containing her enthusiasm up to this point had been a task worthy of Monks in Sanctuaries but being next to a Jedi Knight got her curiosity all kinds of thrown off. "This is my first time in the presence of Jedi... i have so many question i would like to ask..." Her voice trailing off with the hint of suppressed emotions, the most prominent being explosive excitement, however her voice remained calm through much focus. She smiled turning to him expecting the wisdom of the Galaxy to flow from his lips, it was now that her voice denoted her, less than well hidden enthusiasm when she asked a simple question that had been nagging her ever since she had began to read about the Jedi. This thing called The Force. "What is the Force?" Her eyes like green chandeliers stuck on to him, Way to Put him on the Spot Asahara, her own mind scolded her. "I'm sorry, this is not the place to ask such questions Master Morlandt" She frowned realizing that was probably the smart thing to say, however, she did feel for some reason that she could ask him such questions, Odd, Seeing as Asahara was a bit socially Awkward at times. Odd, a word her mind processed now, everything had been off, could it be this, Force They were speaking of actually was carrying her to where it wanted her to go? Impossible! Yet... here she was, in front of someone who she could not explain why, gave her a soothing, comfortable and welcoming feeling.

[member="Jannik Morlandt"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom