Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship The Nameless Hunger

Status
Not open for further replies.
9bo8qSG.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Organic Dreadnought
  • Length: 10,000 meters (With Cloud)
  • Width: 10,000 meters (With Cloud)
  • Height: 10,000 meters (With Cloud)
  • Armament: Extreme
    • Penumbra (Mouth)
    • Innumerable Major Tentacles
      • Standard Range
    • Innumerable Minor Tentacles
      • Point Blank Range
    • Undulating Force Storm
    • Force Insanity / Force Domination Aura
  • Defenses: Extreme
    • Minor Tentacles
    • Undulating Force Storm
      • Point Blank Range
  • Hangar: Base: 10
  • Maneuverability Rating: High
  • Speed Rating: High
  • Hyperdrive Class: Slow: 8
STANDARD FEATURES
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
  • Various Tentacles capable of grappling enemy ships, and dragging them into its metal eating maw.
  • Massive Force Storm that protects the ship from sight, and from enemy fire - often referred to as 'The Scarlet Plague'.
  • Extremely powerful 'Force Destruction' blast emanating from its mouth, capable of ranged assaults on enemy vessels.
  • Reinforced Mouth, Teeth, Gullet, and digestive track for purposes of reactor explosions, impervium grade hulls, and additional reinforcements.
  • Passive, long range Force Insanity - especially effective on Flaura and Fauna of a planet; turning many into ravenous monsters.
    • Any harsh language in this submission should be considered hyperbole, and was done out of interest than a need to 'call hits'. Damage and the various effects are up to the defender to call, and not the 'Captain' of this 'vessel'.
Strengths:
  • Gnaws At The World -
    • It is he who slumbers and consumes that finds no equal, the ultimate creation of sith alchemy and an affront to the universe. This behemoth is known as The Nameless Hunger because of its destructive prowess, its never ending persistence on the battlefield to quench such a massive appetite. In this, it is ravenous, deliberately laying carnage with each mighty throw of its tentacles, and the literal embodiment of Chaos.

The beast works through its hunger by the consumption of massive vessels, whatever it can pull deep into its endless maw. Thrashing darkness ends the lives of many a crew member as the last thing they are to ever see is an almost immeasurable mouth tear away at the assumed indestructibility of their star destroyer.
  • Force Hierophant -
    • With no mind of its own, it's hard to say why the creature is able to manipulate the force in any capacity, yet even still a passive force conjuration surrounds it. A cloudy, lightning riddled nebula that serves as a shield for the beast; striking at anything the comes to close, and it is this mist that hides the true nature of its form. Only its creator, and those cursed, ever bore witness to what it was; with all but the former losing their minds as a result.

This connection to the force is limited almost entirely to protection, however, and in no way is the creature capable of directly augmenting force powers or enacting any of its own beyond the passive barrier around it, along with its raw passive nature to break the mind of its witnesses. It holds only the ability to pull and consume, and a singular titanic lightning blast formed in its gullet. This secondary strike is its only means of long ranged engagements, as a beam of pure energy is sent out from its teeth lined mouth to cut into enemy ships with extreme prejudice; akin to that of a proton beam cannon found on many other version of the dreadnoughts that roam the galaxy currently.

Weaknesses:
  • Beware Of Spawn -
    • Although the beast of the cloud is shrouded, hiding its entirety in a dark side nebula; the actual reality of its power is limited to relatively close range. Long range destroyers rain hell down onto the cloud, landing indiscriminately across is blackened leather hide with little response from the beast itself. Although able to hold up to excessive amounts of damage, lasting skirmishes in these conditions will end the Armageddon before it begins; killing the harbinger of chaos long before it ever reaches the surface of a planet.

In this same sense, dedicated hyper velocity cannons for long range combat can decimate the omen of dark times with far less response than the more energy based assaults of turbolasers. More laser based weapon's stability can be run rampant by the dark side shield that surrounds the formless leviathan, making their eventual hit useless. Physical rounds however, are not so easily destroyed despite this semi-permeable shield, making a glaring weakness - even if one can't see the damage it causes.
      • Summary;
        The shield, while good at stopping energy based shots (turbo lasers, ion cannos) is bad at stopping physical rounds - hypervelocity cannons chief among them.
  • Control, Above All -
    • Where many ships may have issues defining where one might be the captain, everyone aboard the unnamed horror of space understands only one thing; The only master of the creature is hunger. Aboard there is a group of Sith Lords with the sole, dedicated purpose of maintaining a connection to the creature to hold onto it's will, to keep it chained for the sake of protection, yet every passing moment they risk losing it to its more primal desires. The creature does not think as a mortal, nor could it truly be regarded as sentient, for it holds no identity nor allegiance. Where many create sith spawn with a master in mind, it is the abyss walker that knows only gluttony; the literal embodiment of the emotion.

Should the force connection within be disrupted, should the council utilized to maintain control of the beast ever be sundered, the creature would begin to lose all control and consume until it was no more without chains implemented to hold it down. It has no understanding, and would only feed until the creature bursts its gargantuan belly open; spilling durasteel plates and quadrandium frames mixed with a disgusting ichor of stomach acids and pure dark side energies.

Additionally, it's toxic, miasmic aura that exudes off of in the Force causes it to be nearly unusable around friendly forces that are not heavily trained in the art of resisting the Force. Epicanthics being chief among them.
      • Summary;
        If the Sith used to control the creature are interrupted, the leviathan will attack its own fleet, indistinguishably from its 'enemy'. Additionally, the Force effects it carries affect friendly forces as much as enemy.
  • John 1:5 -
    • While this being is a dark and foreboding presence, ever constant a vacuous darksided entity that roams the abyss of space - it is surely weak to the Light Side. Should a great amount of Jedi collect themselves, seal the Leviathan, and enact the all purifying act of Force Light;

The being will die.

Being so submerged in the Dark Side of the Force, and an absolute abomination in the great scheme of the Galaxy; the creature faces a terrible weakness in its sensitivity to the Light Side. Alchemized flesh would burn away from alchemized bone as the light burned it away; the single greatest weakness of the creature.
      • Summary -
        The Light Side will destroy the creature, and while it may take a collection of Jedi to do so, any Light Sided power will harm it greatly.

Description:

The Beast of the Unknown, Scourge of a Thousand Planets; over time the beast will collect names from the hearts and minds of those who have lived to witness it. Its very nature an abomination, the simple fact it exists and affront to any god man has thought of so far; and yet it roams. Endless, slow, wrapped in black undulating clouds as snaps of red lightning hide its coiled mass; the terror of every man’s dreams. No man can understand what lies behind the clouds, only that its very embodiment is one of non euclidean nature, seeming to shift and pulse, grab and tense, all for the sake of unseen manipulations.
Even in genesis, the creature is surrounded in mystery as rumors persist the creature was found and conquered more than made; yet the truth of the matter is that it was the sole creation over many months of sacrifice and the backing of an empire to bring it to fruition. The blood of millions, the corpses of untold leviathans, and the best and brightest minds unaffiliated with the grandest of empires led to its very birth. On the seventh day, man rested, and what rose from his rest would never sleep again.
Its primary designer, creator, was a man known simply as 'The Black Alchemist’; the nickname given to a man far outside the reach of any established government. His alchemical creations kept him famous in the well connected rings around the galaxy, and the fear of what he was truly capable of kept many coming back; those on the receiving end of said creations looked on the name with horror.
Months of constant rituals, blood sacrifices, even the very knowledge of some of the first Leviathans was put into its total amalgamation to make a ship capable of sundering an empire off presence alone. To take down the feared creations of Lotek’k and other extra-galactic destruction; yet it was not to be controlled, something that is unknown if it was truly intended to ever be held down by chains or not.
The beast in every sense, is a conduit of the Force; pushing and prodding, pulling and wafting as it’s formless mass is sent through space with a cruel nature. Every system it is in, it strikes fear on all who witness it, every battle it is a nightmare that can cause a route simply on sight alone; the act of seeing such a behemoth hiding with the clouds makes it a terrifying sight for any who’s minds have flecks of cowardice or fear. Only the stalwart can maintain their control, only the bravest of men face down the demon of the void.
In itself, the creature has rarely ever been seen but by its creator and those unfortunate enough to bear witness to its forming carcass during its creation. Its nature is a thick leathery hide that holds almost no color, sickening grey flesh that would find its place more on a corpse than on a living creation; yet it moves like any, tugs and pulls for the sake of hunger. Most describe it as a creature of a thousand eyes, millions more teeth, and an unending ashy mass of tentacles so tangled within themselves that it would take a man a millenia to map its nature out; yet all of this is hidden away deep within the core of its ever shifting shield, that which keeps it protected and safe.
This black miasma, often referred to as ‘The Scarlet Plague’, is a force generated forcefield, one of crimson lightning and an almost overbearing nature; many shots that ring into it a simple means of dissipation once it meets the outskirts of its form. Only the heavier assaults are capable of busting through, to strike at the leathery form beneath. In turn, this cloud serves the secondary purpose of shrouding its very nature from any force sensitive looking to peer into it; seeing only the rolling abyss, and the sensation of hunger not dissimilar to that of the Ravager, the flagship of the late Darth Nihilus.
When this hunger is directed, the creature is capable of lashing outwards with massive tentacles in the hopes of dragging in ship after ship, to consume their metallic bodies and feed on the junk yards that surround the battlefield. It carries with it the strength to snap a lesser vessel, or tear off sheets of durasteel and matrix armor; the primary means of attack. While terrifying, the lack of range makes the target extremely susceptible to long range assaults such as that of the artillery class vessels once utilized by the fleets of the Primeval, or other creations. The only other power of the creature is a singular titanic perdition beam that shoots out one every day; a horrendous amount of energy concentrated into a strike not dissimilar to other super star destroyers main cannons; capable of sundering a vessel should it not be prepared.
Past this, the creature is nothing without its crew. A small capsule was created and inserted into the creature’s lower neck to allow actual control, to ensure the beast was not to be lost to its singular motivator. Within is a crew of only a few hundred men and women, all equipped with force blocking masks and secondary training should the situation ever become dire. This is supplemented with a stream of constant rotations to ensure the crew never truly suffers the extent of its mentalist damage; making species such as Epicanthix a very popular choice to board it, assuming vetting controls go through.
On board, the ship holds a variety of rooms; the first being the bridge. Unlike most others, the bridge on this ship is almost exclusively for communication with the fleet using extremely specialized and expensive equipment to get through the harsh clouds that surround the rolling behemoth. Communication special forces teams are on site within to relay any emergencies or otherwise dangerous maneuvers back to the fleet as a whole, the hope to be that should it lose control it never turns on the fleet that wanders with it.
A main hold offers both a docking bay for a singular vessel, to help transport on and off the ship to make sure supplies never run out; though no dedicated hanger wing to offer any other resistance. The creature is entirely incapable of holding anything, through rumors persist unknown creatures walk through its would be massive veins; though these are not confirmed and certainly not capable of flight. Next to the docking bay is the armory and main hold, capable of holding up to thirty thousand tons of equipment and non perishable supplies should the need ever arise; though a constant influx of supplies is given regardless.
As all traditional ships, things such a conventional conference room are given for the ship to deal with emergencies, while a limited holonet uplink is available to contact homebase should it ever be required. Medical quarters, crew quarters, and engineering bays are all also present, each with high grade luxury systems to help ensure the maintained relaxation and mental fortitude of its brave crew.
However, a secondary area of the ship restricted to the Officers alone is what truly controls the bioship at large. An area of Sith specialized in mentalism and beast control sit in a Sith Meditation sphere towards the rear of the facility, with a constant group of thirteen at any given point combining their strength together to maintain control. Numerous replacements are around should the need arise, but the very nature of the creature requires either the combined efforts of the group, or the efforts of one so exceptional in its manipulation that there would be no question as to who the master of the vessel is. This was first designed with the Darkstaff wielder in mind, as it is capable of steering the vessel in any which direction, but to compensate the council and quarters was created.
Past this, the bioship known as a terror of the void moves with impudence wherever it ends up. From the far reaches of unknown space to the core regions, it is a sight to be feared on a level outside the traditional dreadnaught, for unlike those metal incarnations;
It is truly the weapon of a fear and resignation to the unknown.

Last edited:

Fiolette Fortan

F
Apologies for the delay, I know you've been waiting on this for a minute. There's a lot going on with the submission and I want to make sure that when this gets seen that it's balanced and well-rounded. All of your submissions are solid there's no doubt about it, but looking at this and looking at the many Force abilities and the level of these abilities. I would like to ask for a species submission to be linked to this, your source material the Wo Derriphan links to a specific species.

Secondly, I would like to know the range of these tentacles, long-range, battlefield, standard, point-blank? Third, the wording on your weaknesses leaves room for improvement, I would like something more direct and to the point - easier to understand for all writers on the site. Next, I would like for you to link every Force power you've mentioned so people aren't having to search and scour the Wookiee themselves.

Once these adjustments are made please let me know so we can move forward.

Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean

Fiolette Raaf

On the species -

Off hand, I don't believe the Codex allows for something on this scale since they don't have 'SSD exceptions' allowed. As such, I've taken the route of the Wo Derriphan's and listed the Yammosk vong that their submission was based off of; for the ease involved.

On the ranges -

I added notes on the ranges for the tentacles. The 'major' tentacles are fewer in number, but have a 'standard' range. They are meant to pull in ships, while the 'minor' tentacles are greater in number, but essentially point blank - only able to interact with ships pulled into the 'Nameless Hunger'. I hope that suffices for those.

On Weaknesses -

I added summaries to the weaknesses listed, along adding a section I forgot to before about it being unable to be used around organic allies. Its force aura doesn't discern friend from foe.

On Force Powers -

Linked them as requested.

Fiolette Fortan

F
Awesome, thank you.

I do have a question, so this thing is basically dripping with the dark side. My question to you then would be, wouldn't it then have a weakness to the light side of the Force? Could a Jedi Master or several, essentially should they get a chance basically - Wall of Light or otherwise deal damage to it via light side abilities?

If this is the case, could this be listed as another weakness to this otherwise massive behemoth?

Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean

Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean | Fiolette Raaf

This is a really impressive submission, and a very creative idea, there are just a few points I want to go through with you.

Ratings

As far as my calculations go, you're one point overpowered with the submission as it currently stands, I have included my workings in the spoiler below for you to look through.

Production: Unique = 4
Armament: Extreme = -3
Defenses: Extreme = -3
Hangar: None = 3
Maneuverability Rating: High = -1
Speed Rating: High = -1

Total: 4-3-3+3-1-1= -1

I can approve the submission as it currently stands, although you might get reported in the future, or if you want you can adjust one rating down to balance the submission.

Template

It appears you are using an old version of the template, so before this submission can be approved I will need you to update it to the current template. In particular, you are missing the permissions field, and the hangars since none is no longer an option under the current factory. This means you will have to have a base level of support craft if nothing else on the Nameless Hunger.

Force Storm

As with the tentacles, I would appreciate it if you could provide a range to the force storm and some indication of the power available to it so that other writers have some idea of what they're facing. It appears from the write up that the force storm is the same as the shield you refer to, so I'm assuming that it is a personal or point-blank area but I would appreciate if you could confirm that.

Ratings -

I lowered the Hyperdrive rating to Slow, and I hope that'll accommodate. otherwise, I can certainly do some rebalancing!

Template -

Updated as requested. Added a ship from a partially owned company.

Force Storm -

Added that it is only point blank, and strictly effects things that get too close - like a shield.

John Locke John Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom