Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

My holiday spirit is honestly alive and well this year. I was curious about what kind of traditions you and your families hold to celebrate? Or if you all are making new traditions in wake of the pandemic?

One thing my family usually does is gift each other pajamas on Christmas Eve. We are some comfy clothing loving fools, and once everyone is warm and snug we curl up on the couch and watch polar express with cocoa in hand. The following day my dad and I prepare thefeast™ while sneaking sips of whiskey, just so we have that extra jolly demeanor. In the couple of weeks prior I try to take my little siblings to light shows and let them oooh and ahhh and attend our town's tree lighting. My little sister has even sung in the choir there a few times, which was great to see.

What are the things y'all look forward to?

This is pretty great!
My family gets together on Christmas eve and just watches old family videos, movies and plays a lot of drinking games. I tend to lose because I can't handle anything beyond two drinks! We play this one game where you wear really thick mittens and have to get through a ball of plastic wrap in which is covered with layers of candy and such - in the center is like a good chunk of cash hiding away. Its a scramble because while you're trying to get through the wrapping, someone is rolling dice next to you trying to get doubles. When you get doubles you have to pass it on.
Its insane fun especially because we play after everyone is smashed.
Also my Nana's tamales are to die for.

Surviving this Semester and starting to do some Christmas shopping.

The semester should be almost over, right? You got this either way!

This is pretty great!

My family gets together on Christmas eve and just watches old family videos, movies and plays a lot of drinking games. I tend to lose because I can't handle anything beyond two drinks! We play this one game where you wear really thick mittens and have to get through a ball of plastic wrap in which is covered with layers of candy and such - in the center is like a good chunk of cash hiding away. Its a scramble because while you're trying to get through the wrapping, someone is rolling dice next to you trying to get doubles. When you get doubles you have to pass it on.

Its insane fun especially because we play after everyone is smashed.

Also my Nana's tamales are to die for.

BRUH this sounds like the funnest time. Also pls send tamales kthx.

Hahah for sure! We do a tamale party and sadly - being the Chef in the family I fail at wrapping said tamales. So I'm usually designated to make breakfast and refill the Tias and my Mom's drinks xD. Was told this year I better marry a woman that can wrap a tamale, to make up for my failure.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
We still get together to shop for a real tree, go gift shopping together, plan a dinner, and to open presents Christmas day. It's very basic but still a great time to remember how to family again. :D

ᴏɴᴇꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴢᴇʀᴏᴇꜱ
My family has this tradition where, every Christmas Eve morning, we all go over to my grandparents' and we spend the whole day dancing to Christmas music and baking treats like scones and gingerbreads. It's great, I don't get to see my grandparents much anymore so it's a nice change. Later on during the day, my mom, grandparents and I will go to a restaurant for some dinner, and then I'll either drive to my mom's or she'll drive to mine so we can watch a Christmas movie.

Growing up really made me realise just how much I prefer Christmas for the time spent with family rather than for gifts. Especially with the virus, I'll just be happy to spend time with them, really. Money's been tight since it's affected all our jobs pretty harsh, so if I were younger this Christmas would've REALLY sucked. But hey, more time with my family is all I really need. ^^

Putting up the lights has become a major tradition with my family. This year we went all out. Blow up Grinch and Santa, lights on the gutters, and trees. Even the fence now has lights lol. When my wife and I first spent Christmas together, lights were her biggest thing, and so every Christmas since Ive made sure the lady gets her lights and that we go bigger each year. Our girls also love it, and apparently Christmas Pie is gonna be apart of it as our middle one (4) is running around saying: "Merry Christmas Pie!" So we guessed were gonna have to get some pie. Of course we know she's trying to say Time lol

My family is sorta musical, so every family Christmas Eve party turns into a Christmas music concert by the piano with as many other instruments as possible. Anyone who doesn't play an instrument sings. It's become this ritual after dinner and drinks for as long as I can remember. A lot of my extended family is super into jazz, and I'm not, so it's the one day a year I pretend to be able to play it. Meanwhile my family members will make it sound like Vince Guaraldi himself is sitting at the keys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom