Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Morellia Of The Story (SSC Dominion of Morellia)

Objective: Nautolan Colony
6/20

[member="Zak Dymo"] |[member="Théodred Heavenshield"]

As both Zak and Theo dived off into the ocean George didn't have much of a choice. He too ducked beneath the waves as his Nautolan gills took over allowing him to breath under the water. The Tendrils on his head flowed behind, like they once did on Glee Anselm. It had been a long time since he felt that. Almost too long. As Zak told Theo about the underwater landscape George looked at the beautiful view he had. The rises and the falls of the earth below the surface was brilliant. "Do you have a plan for what we are doing down here Zak? Or just the idea of doing it?" The bigger Nautolan asked. Not being rude or anything, just questioned to see where George could best help with the mission.

Objective: Welcome to the SSC.
Allies: [member="Elara Wahia"] | [member="Matsu Ike"]
Enemy: [member="Kip Radon"]

~You’ll be okay, the pain is going~ Continuing to heal Samuel while ignoring his own wounds till it was done, wanting the boy fully out of harm’s way. The rock sure grasp on the boy’s hands didn't falter, even if the Jedi Master was forced to close his own eyes to prevent passing out, because his legs sure did falter, slumping under him. Giving Elara a nod, face breaking into a grimacing smile, glad to feel her nearby hopefully unharmed, he answered her last question first. “Gone with the younglings, could not stop both.” There was regret but not much, because he couldn’t have done both.

With some stubborn reluctance to let go of Samuel’s hand at all “are you hurt,” Kei hadn’t opened his eyes to look at Elara, if he did he was going to lose his hold on the pain, his free hand holding her arm to make sure she was unharmed. The Epicanthix didn’t remove it till she convinced him, relaxing with what amounted to great metal splinters in his back wasn’t all that easy, but he was getting used to it… “This make us even?” A joke, he’d earned a joke. Hurt more than the last time she’d pulled him out of the fire, but who was counting? Right? Kei was if the crimson color permeating his back was anything to go by.

[member="Matsu Ike"]’s barrier coming into being behind them was a welcome shield, it could have been life or death and quick thinking if Kip had come for them both again, ~Thank you Matsu,~ her medical teams assisting the homeless and wounded were soon saving lives from minor injuries, or just reassuring those that were left nearby. They'd rebuild as they always did, out on the rim changing lives or saving the ones everyone forgot about.

Kei counted on both of them that day, [member="Matsu Ike"] to be watchful from afar for all of them, to build and protect, to oversea the many lost souls of the factory’s homeless, ones that would eventually become the backbone and foundation of the companies staff. For [member="Elara Wahia"] he relied on in an entirely different way, to be there when he needed her for him, that was twice, and he’d not forget, when she needed him the most, she wouldn’t have to look twice.

As she worked at his back the pain was immense, he silently accepted the cost, and the scars, brushing the dirt of the boy’s face away as he woke below them.

“Welcome to the SSC.”

Fin for Kei

Objective: Keep On Diggin'
Allies: [member="Coci Heavenshield"] | [member="Ryn'Dhal"]

Turning to them both, rubbed the back of his neck while pondering aloud. "Jedi cannot act for the sake of revenge, remember this. Doing so would set you on a dark path." Coci would know this for sure, but the padawan accompanying them was still young. "If we find those who did this, what then? Will you execute them? An eye for an eye, is that it?" He shook his head. "No, this is not the Jedi way. We protect people, we do not avenge them through more bloodshed." There was no anger in his voice, but rather contemplation. He looked down at the corpses. "Whoever did this is long gone. Search if you must, but you will not find them."

Reaching for his shovel, Thurion resumed his work. "The least we can do is give them a proper burial. I will not partake in your witch hunt."

Objective : Don't Get Eaten

Crammed into the small cavern, it seemed most of the employees dared not breathe let alone speak. There were small murmurs, wondering if the Rancors had passed. Ears strained to listen for any sign of their presence outside. No doubt one of them would have to peek out soon and see if the coast was clear. Being spotted was always a concern. While they weren't overly bright creatures, Judah suspected they were smart enough to try sticking their clawed hands into the opening.

"Mr.Dashiell? A question....its...uh...a little personal."

An employee crammed against his left shoulder had spoken up. Judah took a moment to recognize the woman, a geologist that had recently been hired on to help with all the underground work. Sullust, Morellia and the like. It was a little difficult to get her in his field of vision but he had managed to do so.

"I think we're all getting a little personal in here."

"So...uh....erm...don't take this the wrong way, but uh, what cologne are you wearing?" Geologist flushed red. "Not for me...uh...you know, my boyfriend."

Judah couldn't help but to laugh. That was the question? Here he thought the woman was going to question his horrible lack of facial hair maintenance or aversion to a barber shop. No doubt the girl had been worried about losing her job for such a question. He had too much of a relaxed farmboy nature in him to really get offended over the little things.

"Not sure, the wife buys it. I'll let you know though." Maneuvering through the crowd, Judah made his way to the cavern opening. He listened for a long moment before turning back to the group. "Hopefully I'll be back in a moment."

Time to see if their visitors had left.

Objective: Build burial Pyre
[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Ryn'Dhal"]

She moved toward her husband and stopped his arm from digging. "Thurion, I have sent out scout to secure the parameters and to see if who ever done this has gone or remain. I do not seek to venture out on a 'witch' hunt, but to bring them to justice if they are found. Crimes cannot go unpunished, if they are still here I want them to stand trial for this. We have never executed anyone, why would we start now?".

It was never Coci's intention to do as he suggest of her. She released his arm so he could continue his work, and so would she as she moved away to let him cool off and resumed her duty to prepare the pyre. As she passed Padawan Ryn'Dhal, "The Grand Master is correct, if you do have revenge in your heart you must remove it. Remember the Jedi Code, there is no emotion, there is peace it is more filled with importance than most give it credit". She flashed a look back to Thurion, and she could not help wonder what kind of a Jedi he thought his wife was.

Objective: Reveal True Self
[member="Coci Heavenshield"] | [member="Thurion Heavenshield"]

Ryn frowned deeply at the back of the Grand Master. For one so wise, he was quite foolish when making accusations it seemed. His eyes shifted towards Master Coci. In her current state, obviously wounded by her husbands barbed statement, she compounded on the situation further with her own words.

Heaving a heavy sigh, Ryn moved past Coci, to move past the Grand Master, in order to stand before him. A clatter could be heard, as his mask fell to the hard earth. His cloak followed immediately afterwards, and he would be seen removing his tunic, his flexible tail unwrapping itself from it's hiding spot about his waist. After tossing aside his tunic, the black-furred padawan extended his arms, hands ungloved and splayed open. A slow turn, showcasing his mangled, scarred body. The myriad network of scars told a tale. A horror story really. Pain and trauma none so young should ever endure. In fact, his chest and back alone held more scar tissue than the rest of his body held fur. Only his face, hands, and feet were exempt from the scarring.

His eyes fell upon Thurion, as he finally spoke. "You accuse me of desiring revenge. You accuse me, without even reaching to me through the Force for any kind of verification before doing so. This scene is traumatic, and we ALL feel it. Justice is all I seek. I have never, not once in my life, regardless of how limited in time, wished for revenge on anyone. Not even the slavers who did this to me."

"I have been brought to the steps of death more times than I believe I will ever be able to count to, often for the amusement of my owners. But to this day, I only desire justice, not revenge. If I were a vengeful spirit, I would have already sought those who'd done this to me on Nar Shaddaa. I know I could exact vengeance, if I desired it."

His arms folded across his chest, as he slowly shook his head. "I made this display to show that you, Grand Master, have made a mistake in the words you chosen to express yourself. The offense towards me is a minor one, and one I could readily overlook. But as a seeker of justice, and a healer of wounds not only physical, your offense towards your wife, I cannot overlook."

The felacatian stepped towards the Grand Master, clad only in his pants, and extended a hand. "I now must humbly request that you relinquish the shovel to me. Speak with your wife, and let not a hurt, intentional or not, fester. I beg of you."

Objective: Apologise
Allies: [member="Coci Heavenshield"] | [member="Ryn'Dhal"]

Thurion could only bring himself to make one digging motion using the shovel before again planting it into the ground. He knew he'd overreacted, and could immediately pick up on his wife's emotions as she wandered off. As if he needed further proof, the padawan stepped into full view, putting his heavily scarred body on display. As he spoke, the Grandmaster listened, stroking his beard. Just as Ryn'Dhal had barely finished, Thurion immediately handed him the shovel and a pat on the shoulder. "I'm sorry, padawan. I didn't mean to upset you, but merely offer advice. There are times when the lines between justice and vengeance become blurred. I know you'll do the right thing, in the end."

He then left the padawan to his own devices as he pursued his wife, and caught up with her in mere seconds. "Don't," he told her as his hand found hers, pulling her into loving embrace. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to... I know you would never stray from your code," he offered in soft tone while caressing the back of her head and her raven hair. "I'm still trying to process the family we just saw. It's too horrible to comprehend..." He pulled away only to gaze upon the face he loved beyond measure. "I love you," he whispered before planting his lips upon hers. "I'll help you with the pyre," he added with a soft smile.

Objective: Make up and set flame to the Pyre.

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Ryn'Dhal"]

Many, many years ago .. Coci would have done as her husband had suggested of her. She would found have those responsible for these atrocities and killed them, saving the courts time and money. But that girl is gone, many years within the Silver Jedi had seen her change very considerably and for the better, she is now an outstanding Jedi and maybe one day, her husband will see it. A good part of this change in Coci, is due to him. Thurion's philosophy one that demands respect but moreover to offer hope to those that are fallen. And redemption they will receive, but redemption is not simply forgiving the past or have them stand before others in suppliant countenance, no, those that have in the past committed crimes must answer for those crimes and face due punishment for them, or else redemption will never be completed. It does not mean they are extinguished from the galaxy, but shown that they must prove to themselves worthy of hope.

Coci is very strict and pragmatic at times, can be cold and blunt, but it is all for the greater good, not only for the galaxy but for those around her. Thurion took her hand and held her, she knows him well and can sense his horror at this atrocity, it had hit him hard as it did most that witness the site of mass murder, she would have worried for her husband had it not effected him. Her hands reached to his shirt and took hold, she did not look into his face but allow this moment to mend their hearts. He lifted her head by the chin and kissed her lips and she returned his kiss.

"One day my love, you will see me for what I truly am .. pull me out of the shadow once more, like you once did", she is not referring to the shadows that she lived in once but another one in which she feels stifled by the memory of a ghost. "I do love you too, most deeply".

She moves away from him, and continues to work building up the pyre and it is ready. Those bodies already retrieved are placed on it and the flames are lit, the sickening black smoke begins to rise upward to the Morellian skies and the remainder of the day will continue this way until all the people have been given their last rites. She had made sure that the family Thurion had unearthed be placed together, to leave their physical bodies behind but to enter the force complete.

((OOC: I will be finishing Coci off here with this post. Thank you!))

[member="Tempest"], [member="Nima Tann"]

Teenagers these days! Always getting moody if you did not cater to them. In any case, Tempest's offer had the effect of significantly improving Elpsis' mood. After all, what kind of girl would not want to control the guns of a death machine?! Well, in all likelihood many would, but the redhead was not an ordinary one.

So she brightened. "Why didn't you say that sooner? I can target very well," she declared. Assuredly she'd fire in the right direction. So she accepted the proferred hand and with the help of a Firemane soldier boarded the walker and was soon behind the gun controls. All in all, it was a modernised AT-ST with fancier armour and better guns, along with rockets to defend itself against aerial strikes. In other words, it was the perfect tool to mow down beasties and darkside adepts.

[SIZE=12pt]Location: Ruined Factory[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Objective: Get Kei help[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Allies: [member="Kei Amadis"] | [member="Matsu Ike"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Enemy: [member="Kip Radon"][/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Elara nodded as she carefully pulled the small pieces of shrapnel out there were some that were deep her fingers, and knife would not be useful in removing them. He would need a doctor with a sharper skill than she had.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“It is a coward that uses children” She whispered to him not knowing if the children left behind understood what happen. “I will survive to fight another day[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She shook her head he was trying hard wasn’t he she knew she had to keep his mind focused on things in order for him to keep going. “No we aren’t even. I think you owe me a few years off my life, and quite possible some gray hair.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She had not thought about even, or how many times she had reached for his hand to pull him, or how many times he had caught her. Was it worth keeping track of, no. but it was worth a few jokes at the expense of one another.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“You owe me a day at the spa yet, and thanks” She smiled. It was the roar of the transport and the sound of approaching voices that told her help had arrived for Kei and the child. She stepped back to give them room and watching them work.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]When they finally placed him on a stretcher she decided she would go with him, this world was not going anywhere. She looked into the faces of the men, “We’ll be back I just need a few hours, and we’ll fix this, mean time you should call your families let them know you are ok”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Elara moved along with the stretcher making sure the Kei knew she was there, and when his eyes closed she’d be there when he woke up.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Elara out.[/SIZE]

Straining through the pain, “I could not let it suffer,” Taiden answered honestly, “it is not the Jedi way.” The Echani scholar had a gentle streak in him at odds with his often precision with his sword, some might say something that needed balancing in his training, if his now burned hands were anything to go by. A foreshadowing to a Master, a vision perhaps of [member=Sera Inkari"]’s burned hands at the Coruscant temple, whether Solan could see it or not, was a mystery, but it was there for a brief moment. Even as Solan finished the beast, the flickering flames ahead held answers to his future, and possible fate.

Regardless, Taiden stood, bowed an apology to [member="Solan Charr"], for any insult to his honor, brushing the medics off initially as they tried to treat him, before he allowed himself to rest. Honor it seemed would not allow healing before apology. Taiden thought in terms of honor, of sacrifice and of duty, that was the Echani way, and now gave rise to the words he offered Solan.

“Forgive me Master Charr.” He said, as the medics worked on him, even if his intentions had been noble, over eager padawns, was there any other kind?

Fin for Taiden

[member="Solan Charr"]
Sorry for the slow reply, loved the thread, hope they interact more.

Tempest

Storm of the Force
[member="Elpsis Kallikora"] [member="Nima Tann"]

And so into battle they went. Firemane’s trained infantry moved forward with bolters ready, supported from the air and by the light vehicles dropped off.

In the walker Tempest handled it quite deftly, closing in on the cave.
“Give them a shot to let them know we’re coming, then light ‘em up when they appear!” Tempest said eagerly.

[member="Tempest"], [member="Nima Tann"]

It was time for mayhem!

There was something terribly thrilling about riding in a light walker bristling with firepower and having the controls for the guns. Elpsis was certainly enjoying herself. Hearing Tempest's order, she primed the guns. She had not controlled the weapons of such a mechanical craft before, but seemed to be a quick learner.

Alaser cannons fired, spitting out a beam of crimson light. Silence, broken only by the noise caused by the advancing Firemane soldiers and the heavy footsteps of the walker, then the beasts were upon them. Spiders, spiders everywhere! They came charging down the hills, or bursting from beneath the earth. However, it was not just arachnids, but also creatures such as nexu, giant lizards and even a rancor.

Whoever was behind this seemed to have a stable of beasts. Such were their numbers that Elpsis did not even have to bother targeting much. The guns of the walker fired, spitting out round after round as the shattercannons roared to life, mowing beasts down or tearing them apart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom