Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Morellia Of The Story (SSC Dominion of Morellia)

[SIZE=12pt]Location: Ruined Factory[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Objectives: Get to Kei[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Allies: [member="Kei Amadis"] | [member="Matsu Ike"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Enemies: [member="Kip Radon"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]5/20[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“DOWN[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]!!!” Everyone hit the floor some looking bewildered but following direction the urgency in Elara’s voice was felt by everyone.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Elara was on her knees bits of shrapnel having come their way, but she had a talent for healing as soon the debris finished flying about she was on her feet, “Everyone ok??”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]A few hands went up, “Are you bleeding?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“No my ears are ringing”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“My eyes[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Yes, but not bad”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Elara looked up at the drones, “We need a medical team” whatever else that little drones was it could relay a message. As Elara rolled her shoulders feeling the itch that indicated she was healing. She did not let on that it smarted and burned. She’d have a few scars, but they would be tiny.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I need you.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Elara stopped and turned, “Kei” she whispered, and she ran jumping anything that got in her way like a champion runner at hurdles. “Where are you?” She knew he was back here somewhere, she grabbed the remains of a barrel and tossed it.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She saw tiny feet, oh no. Feth.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Kei” She moved through the tiny fires, and shredded metals, than she saw him and knew he was hurt. What is it with you and getting hurt she thought. She got to his side, “I didn’t bring any band aides.” Then she looked down another child.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]What kind of villain used children. She frowned. “Sit down, I can remove some of the shrapnel” The boy looked peaceful, relaxed.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Did you see who set the bomb off?”[/SIZE]

[member="Sumiko Tanaka"]
6/20

‘Are you talking to yourself, girl, or to me? If it is the later, have the courtesy to draw me!’ The blade demanded imperiously. Though it had no eyes as such it did perceive the world around it somehow.

When Sumiko did as ordered the ancient Sith Sword examined the carvings.
‘I believe you are correct, it does seem to be the Kwa,’ the blade commented, disappointed that it couldn’t scold her for being wrong.

‘Typical carvings and scenes of panic, disorder and destruction. I see no evidence it ever occurred though.’

Objective: Investigate the Mass Grave
Allies: [member="Coci Heavenshield"] | [member="Ryn'Dhal"]

Looking around them in all directions, Thurion couldn't sense any indications that they were being watched. "Whoever did this are unlikely to be around," he told Ryn'Dhal. Still, one could never be too sure. He turned to the foreman of the construction crew. "Take your men to the plateau just South of here and begin construction there." The man offered him a nod and lead him men away from the scene, taking their equipment with them. When Coci and Rhyn were the only ones left, Thurion then unzipped his jacket and tossed it aside. "I'm going to give these people a proper burial. They deserve it," he simply stated while grabbing a shovel. "You're free to help out or go with the construction crew. This is gruesome work, so I won't begrudge you for choosing the latter."

The shovel struck the soft earth repeatedly, exhuming one body at a time. It was hard work, but only the most honest work was. The stench was overwhelmingly horrible, but he was more disgusted with the many scenarios his mind ran as to who or what could have done this, what had happened here before they arrived. Each time his eyes would scan the perimeter he half-expected to find who was responsible for this heinous act. The thought of it kept him focused on his task. It wasn't until he came upon a family of four buried in the earth, two adults and two smaller ones. The sight alone forced him to stop what he was doing and catch his breath.

"Don't look, Coci..." he asked her in a soft tone, knowing it was most likely too late to ask. Thurion let his shovel rest as he leaned on it, eyes inspecting the four skeletons. Nothing remained of them other than bones; there were no clothes or distinguishing features to separate them from the rest. This made it even harder to stomach as it was made easier for his mind to replace them with members of his own family. Himself included.

In the Darkness there is Truth
[member="Darth Shadow"]
(8/20)

If the sword was not so useful, Sumiko would get more visibly irritated at its imperious tone. As it was, the blade of evil had been quite handy in a number of situations. Besides, it was good to have a witty sparring partner to trade verbal barbs with. Still, she would have to watch it. After all, all its past wielders had perished in terrible ways.

"Indeed I am right," she said smugly. Not at all tempting fate. "Judging by the imagery, my supposition is they viewed the Kwa as deities. Or at least as beings worthy of worship. Probably with little clue about their actual nature," she commented as she examined another carving.

One could see a terrifying image of what appeared to be a malevolent daemon with vaguely Rakatan-like features, who challenged the benevolent gods. "And here we have the anti-gods. Rebelling after being 'cast out of heaven'. Predictable since both races were at war." It was getting colder in the chamber and she felt a chill, but continued on. Further ahead there was a massive, larger than life statue, depicting a glorious queen. That said, the overwhelmning effect was reduced by the fact that part of her head seemed to have fallen off.

At the base of the statue, a single word had been engraved. Sumiko bent down, straining her eyes to make it out and translate it. AKALA. "Oh, this is just rich. Venerating the 'mad goddess'. A little brat, but that's nothing new" she said disdainfully. "I suppose the Netherworld mess was supposed to be their 'rapture' then." She had, as a matter of fact, been among those trillions who were abducted during the aforementioned event. Meeting the ghosts of all of the people she'd killed had been disconcerting, but mostly annoying.

Their wails had seriously hurt her ears. It was then that she felt a premonition in the Force, heard a calling. Abruptly she spun around and found that the pyramid was not without its guardians. For several of the statues inside the hall had suddenly come to life, as if animated by some arcane power. Your call for violence has been answered, Sumiko broadcast sarcastically to Souldrinker. A bit annoyed that her exploration of the place had been so rudely interrupted, she leapt into action and engaged the attacking golems. Violence ensued. Souldrinker lacked the sheer cutting power of a lightsabre, but on the flip side these automatons were remarkably ancient.

Objective: Nautolan refugee camp
5/20

Theo and George asked a lot of Zak. Seemingly normal questions but it was not their business. As much as it seemed like it, it wasn't. As the questions poured in Zak couldn't take it. The emotions inside of him released and a shout was the result. He didn't know. He didn't know the answers to any of the questions. George was slightly took back by it, not expecting such a response, but one couldn't blame him for it.

The little Nautolan continued, asking questions that were unanswerable. And talking about what he felt and what he saw. "Its alright Zak. I'm sorry, too many questions. I am sure you'll work it out. Myself and Theo are here if you need us." He tried to confide the youngster. However he had managed to do that himself soon enough. Well enough to speak about why he was out in the ocean to begin with. Apparently under water there was mountains and valleys. A shock to George, the idea that came out of the youngster was brilliant. Almost brought a tear to the big Nautolan's eyes. Never had he ever thought that his species would have a home. But this young boy would have the idea to build them a new home here. He was one of a kind. "Wow, Zak. You're a saviour. I'm with you 100 percent. Lets make this happen." At first it was deep, meaningful. But by the end George was full of excitement and enthusiasm.

Objective 3
Mission: Flashbacks with [member="Solan Charr"]

Their skin colors may appear for a moment as if the same, same motives, sharing a love of expression in conflict. Echani pale as they often were, and white clad as Taiden stood in purity, but their methods then became vastly different in execution. Taiden had once worked around dark Jedi, cultists had almost converted him full, if not for some failures on several battlefields and [member="Coci Heavenshield"] ‘s timely intervention at his home, who knows where he and his family would be, probably dead. The burning of the creature hit him like a wave, not of energy or danger, just remembrance. It was hard burying the past completely when it faced you so vividly.

Watching the burning light ahead, his chest ached, and he wanted to end the creatures suffering, and did so. Running up to the burning beast, reaching through the flames, pulling out his sword and striking a clean kill, he burned his hands badly doing so against the superheated handle, forced to drop the melting weapon, he just couldn’t watch further something in agony.

Closing his eyes, the padawan reached out in the force to comfort the dying creature as best he could, but all he got for his trouble was knocked aside by a burning arm and into a tree trunk, the beast was finally dead, but the display had been too much for him, and he didn’t rise for a time considering the display ahead. Almost exactly what his ancestor Aiden had faced when Raien destroyed everything he loved between them, the memory was vivid in his conscious mind of the two, past haunting him beyond the now. [member="Tionne Thanewulf"]

(10)​

Objective : Don't Get Eaten

"Rancors!"

Someone had shouted down from the mountain base below. By the time he had looked to see,feet were already working overtime, trying to find a place of relative safety. They were large, lumbering creatures so climbing up a tree wasn't the most viable of all options. Besides, their arms could just pluck someone right out of the branches to begin with.

"In here!" A geologist was trying to wave the entire group down several hundred meters from 'base camp' so to speak. Equipment was quickly left on the ground. Measurements and readings were soon forgotten about. The entire Salacia expedition was currently trying to squeeze into a small cavern surrounded by brush.

Panting, Judah was one of the last in the small cave. Everyone was pressed together in the tight quarters, trying to stay away from the entrance. Packed in like sardines and frightened, it was time to break the tension.

"Well....talk about a team building exercise."

Nima Tann

Master of Her Own Destiny
"Yes, you will be able to walk. Don't worry." She said as she continued to channel her Force energy towards her. Something told her the way she talked was very similar to a particular lovely predator she knew and she smiled to the compliment slowly, maybe she was her daughter, since she told her once she and her wife had a little daughter, maybe not. They were going to hear about that soon since the other woman asked her name. She smiled as the healer came towards the girl with a giant needle, it was a solution, yet more painful one, definitely wasn't like the relaxing feeling that the Force flow through your body as it heals your wounds. She turned to the other woman as the healer worked on the venom. "I agree, we must find the true nest quickly if we want to save these villagers from the danger. I sense something darker here in the area, more dangerous than some venomous spider. Maybe... a bigger one. Tainted with the Dark energy.... Let me investigate further, maybe I'll catch something. uh..." Wait, what was her name again? Definitely rude, she didn't know her name.

"I am sorry, I never caught your name... I am Nima." She already told her name when they first met, but she didn't know any more polite way to ask for names. It was one of the facepalm moments, or she was maybe overreacting like everything required social interaction. Being awkward never helped her situation. So, instead of making this whole situation more awkward, she started to work on the possible danger coming from the area. Closing her eyes, she started to reach to the places she couldn't see with the Force, searching to reach the darkness and maybe communicate with it to find its' location. Nima did it after the woman told her name of course, if she did it without waiting for her answer it would be pretty rude and not a good way to get to know people. She was catching something, a call of power... a call of something foreign to her... Yet it shouted it wasn't definitely a good thing. She concentrated more towards the answering aura and started to send Force Pulses towards the mind she has connected with to make it disturbed enough to reveal its location.

Let's see if Nima learned something from Midvinter.

[member="Elpsis Kallikora"] [member="Tempest"]

3/20

(9/20)
[member="Nima Tann"], [member="Tempest"]

Tempest said:
“What’s your name, girl?” Tempest asked the redhead on the ground. “You have the Force and a lightsabre, but you’re no Jedi either, self-taught like me then I guess.” She seemed to shake off the flirting, or one reason or another.

As a matter of fact, Elpsis had told Tempest what her name was shortly after meeting her and landing on the planet. Amusingly, it was the Dahomian who had told Nima what the redhead's name was. "Already told you my name's Elpsis," the girl responded irritably. She did not comment on Tempest's supposition that she was self-taught and not a Jedi. One might add that contrary to her statement, Tempest was not self-taught since Siobhan had trained her!

Maybe she was being very forgetful today. Regardless, Elpsis winced in pain when the medic fired the large injector into her leg. There was pain, lots of it, then her leg felt sore. But then finally the pain receded and she could stand, though quite shakily. She was still in a bit of a haze, but still registered the Firemane officer and the Jedi talking about a dark presence and stuff. At least that sounded like she'd get to hit something.

[member="Sumiko Tanaka"]
7/20

‘Ah yes, Akala. The ancient Kwa goddess who caused a rapture and distorted time for bratty reasons. I wish I could dismiss that claim,’ the sword commented snidely.

But then, since action was required some statues came to life! The blade, a little irritated that they were soulless golems it could not consume, nevertheless went about destroying their enemies with determination.

It was over soon, with three piles of rubble on the floor.

‘That was entertaining. Shall we continue to speculate over the motives and whims of the most petulant celestial ever?’

In the Darkness there is Truth
[member="Darth Shadow"]

(10/20)

And so there was action. Alas, it was not that super epic. You see, the thing about ancient temple guardians is that they are, well, ancient. This means that oftentimes they end up being archaic give or take a couple millennia down the line and thus find themselves outclassed.

Admittedly Souldrinker was ancient, but the blade had the advantage of being continuously updated by consuming souls. Well, a portion of them. Besides, Sumiko had a bolt pistol that was quite handy at reducing golems to piles of rubble. Throw in a rudimentary illusion that momentarily disorientated them when it seemed like two Sumikos had manifested, and they were down soon.

"Given thatshe acted like your typical teenage brat, I imagine it was whiny daddy issues. Or she got sulky because her daddy did not like her lover," Sumiko said sarcastically. Since there was nothing more to see in this section she continued on. Doubtless there would be more obstacles awaiting in this temple. Like annoying ghosts annoyed about being woken up, traps or other scavengers.

Tempest

Storm of the Force
[member="Nima Tann"] [member="Elpsis Kallikora"]
8/20

Perhaps Tempest was preoccupied, perhaps she’d had a ding on the head or perhaps this writer was just busy and forgot…whatever the reason, Elpsis introduced herself again.

“Right, yes, Elpsis,” Tempest said, giving her a hand to help stand up. “Are you any good targeting? I could use a gunner for the walker, and I don’t think you should be walking. I’d rather not leave you here in this village.”

The presence which Nima reached out to was definitely not friendly. Darkness was pooled there, and it responded to her attempts at contact violently, sending its own tendrils of hatred back. Whatever it was could use the Force and was not happy at the intrusion!

Objective: Investigate Mass Grave

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Ryn'Dhal"]

(10)

Yes, it was too late. They were too late.

Coci looked down at the family Thurion had uncovered, she understood his projection but she stood up and pulled in a long breath. Anger bubbling inside her, who could do such a thing as this, only evil could. And that meant Sith, at least in her mind.

She ordered a small group of Rangers that had accompanied them to fetch some hooversleds from the medical equipment so they could transport the bodies and lay them on the ground with their respective kin, if that was possible. To the commander of the Rangers, she ordered a scouting party to go and find whoever did this and report back. The grave is fresh, bodies in early stages of decay and so the murderers mostly likely are still on Morellia. The scout rangers moved out efficiently and vanished within the surroundings.

As Thurion, one by one, removed the bodies Coci help lift them to be transported. However, one of the bodies she noticed something, "Blaster burns", on what little skin remained. Coci kneed down beside the body Thurion was removing, gently do so not to disturb them too much, "Look", she pointed to the stomach with a gaping hole, "Saber".

How many people still remained in the grave is unknown, but they will remain until the job is done and they have been sent to pass. "We will have to make a pyre", she said with broken words as emotions began to swell up. "My apologies Ryn'Dhal for lack of introductions, the situation has rendered them insignificant .. but this is Master Thurion Heavenshield, Grand Master of the Order, and my husband", she said as she got down on the ground to help her husband remove yet another body of a child.

"Thurion .. we have to find the people who did this", eyes filled with tears met his.

Objective: Aiding the Grandmaster and his wife.
Allies: [member=Thurion Heavenshield], [member=Coci Heavenshield]
Enemies: Unknown Murderer

3/20

The padawan refused to allow his gloved hands to remain unsoiled by the labor the two Masters were participating in. This family deserved far better than what they received. Tears matted the fur on his face beneath his mask, and he was beyond thankful for the air filter on the mask, as his keen senses would have rendered him temporarily invalid due to the stench of decay.

As he labored along side them, Master Coci made a quick introduction, and he nodded furtively. "The matter at hand requires attention that demands that our pride and 'proper' decorum be placed aside." The young padawan was more wise and collected than his brief 18 years would normally yield.

As the scouts headed off, Ryn looked to Master Coci, his keen golden eyes flashing with great purpose. "Master, I request that you not send me away. I want to... No, I need to see this to completion. This family needs justice. They must be resolution to this crime."

Objective: Help Zak and go find what or who is hurting. and eventually build that surf board.
Location: Standing side by side with Zak and George, on the edge of greatness!

[member="Zak Dymo"] | [member="George O Rourke"]

(11)

"Well we are not going do any good standing around shooting the breeze, lets go", Théo said as he plowed through the waves. "Whoever it is has honed in on you Zak .. so lead on MacDymo"..

Théo placed the re-breather in his mouth and began to swim out to sea hoping the Watery Ones would follow, since he had no idea where to start looking. Zak would have to try and pull it back, whatever it was and maybe if they go out there among the weeds and corals and underwater mountains, he might get the sense once more. Théo, of course, has the major disadvantage of not wearing anything to protect himself against the pressure of the water once they go deep. So he will do whatever possible to assist.

Once his footing no long found footing on the sandy surface under the water, he vanished beneath the waves. His legs gently kicking, arms extended to propel himself, the coral beds lay before him, all manner of aquatic life darting and hiding as he passed, but this place was magic, he had never in his short life seen such beauty and colour. Well there was one thing that would never be beaten, and no it was not Midvinter .. it was someone special to him, who will remain nameless ..

Objective 3
Others: [member="Taiden Keth"]

Solan watched the Jedi get in the way and for a quick moment his anger flared at how stupid that man was for even attempting to end the things suffering. With a split second his eyes focused in on the injured man before looking back at the creature and focusing the force into it's skull. Superheating it ever so slowly and waiting before pushing hard with the force. In a moment the skull cracked and the creature died as solan caused the internal organ to burst like a tomato. The power was normally applied on hands or objects, causing them to erupt like a firecracker with the ability of Convection, but it had suffered enough.

The Gundark dropped to the ground and solan's body started to right itself with his hold over the force cut in that instant. His veins became fainter as color came back to his skin, his aura returning to what it had been minutes before and for a moment he just looked at the man before sighing. "Shadow three, i need a medic at my location..." Solan's feet carried him over to Taiden, albeit slowly with his hands crossed behind him. "Focus on my voice, i cant heal you... not anymore but i have a medic on the way. You were a moron to try and end that thing's suffering the way you did..."

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
9/20
[member="Elara Wahia"] [member="Kei Amadis"]

Matsu continued to look and working with the one there as they stood over the facility and there was something in the distance. Explosions and her hand was moving to direct them. "Go quickly and send medical teams as needed." She was getting them in while speaking. "Send ranger units to guard the facilities. Anyone they find injured start bringing them in." She got nods of agreement and moved towards the section they were indicating in the mountains while she moved on her own getting higher up and holding her hand while she was focusing the force into herself. One foot in the ground as whisps of white wrapped around with swirling energy. "Rise up." She was pulling at the living force, the generated energies and power going more and more into what she had for a barrier while it flowed into her body. "Kei I am putting a barrier up, if you are attacked fall back to it."

(11/20)

Light years away from Morellia and its trials, Siobhan was facing an entirely different trial. For she was battling paperwork. It was very ironic that Firemane had started as the retirement plan of Tegaea and Siobhan after they stepped down from leading OP, yet now she had just as much paperwork as when she'd been Exarch.

Presumably that sort of thing was to be expected when your corporation hit tier five, but it still annoyed her! On the bright side, she had a large staff of minions and the couch she was currently lying on was quite comfy, for she was working from home in her suite aboard the Tirathana Skyport. But still, it was so much paperwork!

While she was reading up on a report about the construction of the skytrain to connect various Eldorai settlements on Tygara, her datapad beeped. Putting the report aside, she picked up the 'pad and found that it was a message about the situation on Morellia. A frown creased her features when she read about animal attacks and how the Jedi had found a mass grave full of innocent people who'd been brutally butchered. Hopefully whoever had committed the atrocity would be put to the sword.

For a moment she wondered how Tempest was doing. Hopefully she was killing beasties! Perhaps also providing the firm hand Elpsis needed. Yes, Siobhan had known the redhead would join the crew, though she had chosen not to tell her apprentice/friend/lover about it!

At this moment the door to her room suddenly opened and no one other than Chesna sauntered inside. For a change, the Eldorai actually wore clothes, though her white dress was rather brief. "Hello, Mistress. Your green tea...just the way you like it," she said with a grin as she handed the cup over to Siobhan. Naturally she would not be Chesna if she did not troll her mistress. "Ah, I see you're gallantly navigating the stormy seas of the bureaucratic process! That must be fun. I think I can actually read your handwriting." These days Sio's handwriting was classified by protocol droids as an obscure language as opposed to an unknown one.

Siobhan took a sip from the lovely Atrisian tea, but obviously could not let such insubordination stand. "Chesna, would you like to be left unchastisted and with only protocol droids for company tonight?" she asked ever so sweetly. "Maybe I should let you do the paperwork. You have such a lovely handwriting," she said jokingly, though Chesna's handwriting was way nicer than hers.

Chesna made a face, as if this were the most horrible punishment imaginable. "Mistress is so very cruel today!" she protested, then looked upon Siobhan with such eyes that were so adoring no one could possibly feel cross with her, unless their heart was made of stone. "Would your divine form like a massage? I'm sure your feet would love the attention."

Pleased with the fawning, Siobhan gave her a bright smile. "That sounds like a wonderful idea, darling." There, Chesna, puff Siobhan up even more. So the beautiful elf settled down on the couch and her nimble fingers directed loving attention to Sio's feet while they lay in her lap. Presumably they were in need of it...because their Mistress had been lying on a couch a lot. Obviously helping her Mistress relax also required Chesna to suck on some toes and lick across the soles of her feet.

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

Post 9 of 20
Objective: Establish a Nautolan Refugee Colony

Before Zak could comment, Theo was under the water.

Gracefully, the small Nautolan ducked beneath the surface. His aquatic physiology adjusted naturally to the pressure, neutralizing his buoyancy as his respiration converted from air to water -- the gills tucked along the edges of his head-tendrils flaring as the organs worked to filter and separate out the water that the youngling was now using to breathe.

Floating over the small Heavenshield, the Nautolan placed his hands on either side of the other boy's torso -- holding him beneath the arms, his hands wrapped along the edges of the rib cage. It allowed Zak to feel the air-breather's lungs contract and expand. That way he'd be able to tell if Theo was having trouble.

As pressure differentials changed rapidly with every thirty to thirty-five feet of water, divers had to breathe in order for their internal organs to adjust to the changes to the liquids and air pockets that naturally existed in terrestrial bodies. Plus, Zak was the stronger swimmer.

"See? That rock jutting up there? And that chasm that follows down beside it?" the Nautolan asked.

Now, how was he asking when they were under water and, nevermind that his sinus cavity would be completely flooded, meaning that his vocal chords wouldn't be able to vibrate with air, but sound also traveled different in water than it did in air -- so any such vocal chord vibrations would sound completely different in full immersion than in air. Nonetheless, Kit Fisto, Admiral Ackbar, and numerous other aquatic Star Wars characters had regularly spoken under water on Star Wars: The Clone Wars and so this writer felt no reason to buck against tradition. No matter how impractical the tradition.

"That's the peak of a mountain. It just looks like that because we're seeing it from above, and it's coming out of the ocean floor," Zak explained, taking one hand off Theo for a moment to gesture and point toward the geography as he described it.

[member="Théodred Heavenshield"] | [member="George O Rourke"]​

Objective: 2 - Meet and Greet
Equipment: Lightsaber | Blaster Pistol | Vibroknife

Deimos took the speeder bike while the senior Enforcer and Audren took the larger vessel. Though the two were exposed to the rushing air as the Enforcer pushed the limits of safety, they were still able to hear each other speak thanks to the windshield.

"I'm Audren. What can I call you?"

"Commander."

Well, that was a great start to this. Not even a name, just a rank. At least the Padawan had a way to address the man now instead of yelling 'hey you!' when he wanted to speak with him.

"Alright, Commander. What can you tell me about these dire-cats? Why are they such a worry that you have two Enforcers with rifles on the way to intercept?"

The Enforcer gave the Jedi a quick, almost weighing glance. It was almost like he was debating how much to tell the other, or if he couldn't tell if the Padawan was serious. Whatever the debate, he chose to answer.

"I'm assuming you know the basics of dire-cats. Three weeks ago, we got a call about dire-cats in the area. An Enforcer was sent, he saw paw prints and scat but no animals. Two days after that, another call. This time they waited until he got there, though they left as his speeder entered the area. The incidents progressed from there. Most recently, we've had to shoot the ground right beside of them to scare them away. They're getting more aggressive and harder to scare off, and there are families in the area."

Audren grunted his acknowledgement, then sat there thinking. Dire-cats were territorial, they wouldn't be pushing out for just no reason. And it sounded like there was more than one cat present, which made it more likely to be a full pack. Chances were good that something was pushing the pack out of their territory, and that something would need to be dealt with sooner or later. For all that did them, the dire-cats needed to be dealt with now.

The speeders slid to a hover at one end of a neighborhood street. The dire-cats were easily visible, prowling around the houses and sniffing the various scents they came across. Hopefully everyone was inside, though the doors here looked like they might not hold up against a determined cat. Terse hand commands caused Deimos to set his rifle up across his speeder bike, a sniping position. Meanwhile, the Commander took his rifle, chambered a round, and headed for the dire-cats, yelling for them to get out of there.

Guy had guts, the Sephi would give him that much.

For his part, the Padawan had pulled his blaster pistol and followed the other man silently. These cats would have been taller than a normal human if they stood on their hind legs, and were made of lean muscle. Fangs, claws, spines...they were all deadly predator, not prey. The Enforcer's yelling had done little but attract their attention. They stood still, watching the man approach, not afraid of him in the slightest. That they weren't crouching in preparation to strike was the only blessing here.

The man's yelling dropped to a mumble. Audren's sensitive ears caught something about not being loud enough, then were nearly deafened by the unexpected CRACK of a slugthrower round firing into the air. His eyes quickly returned to the cats, just to see them starting to move towards the two humanoids. One of them was snuffling audibly, another had its teeth bared in a threat display. Fortunately, the Enforcer was just as quick on the uptake this time around and put another round out there, this one into the ground next to a cat. Rather than scare it away however, the round merely galvanized the cat. It leaped at the Commander, who couldn't shift his aim in time.

Fortunately, Audren could. From over the man's shoulder, three blaster shots sounded. Two took the beast in the torso, the third in the head. Kill-power bolts, all three of them; stun wouldn't carry the punch necessary to arrest the cat's momentum as much as was needed. The creature fell to the ground limply, now nothing more than a sack of meat. It hadn't been the only one to move however. A second CRACK sounded from the direction of the speeders, and a second cat dropped dead, missing most of its skull. The loss of two of the pack finally scared the others off. If the Padawan's suspicions were right though, they'd be back. The Enforcers needed to be made aware of that.

"Two down. I think something is driving them this way though, it isn't like territorial creatures to leave willingly. Whatever it is, it's more dangerous than these."

The Commander gave Deimos - who'd walked up after his shot - a look. It mixed frustration and resignation, likely he'd had the same thought.

"We need to stay to help clean this mess up, Jedi. Take the speeder bike, meet me back at the office if you can find it. We'll talk when we get back."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom