Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Morellia Of The Story (SSC Dominion of Morellia)

Objective: Help Zak build a new home for his peoples. Build a surf board.

[member="Zak Dymo"] bbf (best buddy forever) | [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] the Great.

(7)

"I think that is a cool idea, and I know my Papa and Mama would really like it too". He said nodded his agreement to the plan. "Can .. can I help you? I mean, yeah I should be over helping with the enclave, but you know what? Jedi have a lot of places to go live, this one will be for them to come to and study and stuff but your people are in a great need".

Théo ducked below the wave once more as it approached and continued onward toward the shore. "You know I think I love the ocean more than rivers or lakes. Although the lake near my home is beautiful but this is fun".

He thought for a moment, he would not be able to help Zak without going under water and in his presence state would not be able too. "I am going back to the ship to get something", he said starting toward the shore. At that moment a larger wave swelled behind him and began to carry him to the shore, it felt amazing like riding air almost, Théo extended both arms and began to body surf.

"Oh yeah!", he yelled out with complete excitement. Scrambling to the shore and running to the speeder bike, and forgetting his clothes, Théo kick started the bike. "I will be back very soon". And soon enough he would return with re-breather in hand, a couple of well chosen tools for building a surf board 'borrowed' from a tool kit, which may or may not have been his father's, leaving in his wake a lot of confused and amused Jedi who may or may not have seen the young boy naked on the bike. Lucky for Théo his parents had already made for the proposed site of the Enclave.

Kip Radon

I like the way you bleed, boy
Objective: Be Kip
Allies: None
Enemies: [member="Kei Amadis"] Silver Sanctum

As the pipe bomb went off in the flash of an eye, kip lifted his hand and sent out a force push that would send shrapnel away from him and his followers making it look as if he had saved them from their doom.

"The man tried to kill us! He's a Jedi! Scram!" He said to his crew.

His group of ruffians soon split towards the dilapidated gate and make their way out, however kip wasn't leaving. He stood there and watched with a blank and uncaring stare, he watched the Jedi see his failure. Where the man had his hand around the boy it would start to feel warm, warmer that usual, and wet. The boy had been hit by a piece of shrapnel and around his liver he was starting to bleed badly, his life was in the Jedi's hands now.

Standing a good thirty feet away, kip looked down at the man holding the bleeding boy. With his cigarette in his mouth he inhaled toxins and looked at Kei dead in his eyes. Cold uncaring, emotionless eyes stared into his soul and at the last moment he gave him a small wink before turning to run towards the gate that his followers had just busted through.

The kids were probably nearing his ship, but as for radon he was still behind and in the back courtyard. He needed to get out fast, there was no way in hell he could take him. But what he had just set up, to convince the kids that the Jedi was responsible for Samuel's possible death, well you couldn't pay for brainwashing like that. At least not with money.

"H-help mmm-me." the boy said with tears welling into his eyes.

"Ow, owie, ow, it hurts. It hurts, I thought it wasn't supposed to hurt." the boy said to Kei as he gripped onto his coat, staining it with some blood.

There was pain all over the boys face, the type of pain that was not superficial. The kind of pain that he was experiencing for the first time in his short life. The Sith was playing the Jedi, he would use his emotions to weaken his grip on priorities. Catching the monster who did this or save a child's life.

"I want my mom, I want my mom, I want my mom!" the boy said as he started to go into shock.

Post 6 of 20
Objective: Establish a Nautolan Refugee Colony Keep Theo Heavenshield from drowning. Or wrecking the planet.

The young Nautolan just watched, confused, as the small Valkyri sped away.

Pain.

The youngling winced. It was not a physical sensation, but rather a certain awareness. It wasn't pain that he felt so much as he was aware that it existed. Turning his head away from where the young Heavenshield had vanished along the horizon, the Nautolan stared off into the distance.

But what was the source of the pain? Was it a person? People? The planet? The Force?

Master [member="Nefertari Sovint"] probably would have said some wise Jedi idiom here, like search your feelings, Zak.

What the feth did that mean, anyway? Search your feelings? What, was he supposed to Google them?

Fear.

The Nautolan's dark eyes became clouded, as the silvery swirls within the ebony orbs displayed the puzzle which the boy was presented with in his own mind. The awareness as to pain had transformed into something more akin to... instinct. The primal need for self-preservation. Panic. The kind of shell-shock he'd experienced at Attahox. None of which helped to make any clearer just what it was that he was sensing. Or why. Or where. Or who.

Helplessness.

Concern darkened the expression on the child's face, struggling in his thoughts to reconcile the discrepancies between what his eyes presented as reality and what he was feeling through the Force. There was no danger here. There was no crisis. Just a pastoral shoreline, a beach of white sands with the peaceful lapping of the waves.

So why was his hand holding onto the lightsaber at his side?

Staring down, the boy caught his own reflection in the surface of the water. Slowly, cautiously, almost apprehensively, he removed his hand away from the curved handle. Salt crystals had begun to form on the colorful band of the Go! mobile link that he wore. He contemplated that now, though it wasn't the link that preoccupied him as much as who might be on the other end.

Whatever he felt... it wasn't in the direction that Theo had gone. So his friend ought to be okay.

But, was what he was sensing... real? Or was it some flash back of old terrors? At the tender age of nine, Zak had waded through several battlefields of the Republic. Attahox, Cyrillia...

Was this reality? Should he tell someone?

[member="Théodred Heavenshield"]​

Nima Tann

Master of Her Own Destiny
Before hearing any comments from the girl, suddenly they have been attacked by the spiders which were many in numbers. Luckily they had numbers with them as well, and Nima joined the fight. These weren't your ordinary monsters, to be honest, they were big in size and they weren't pretty, not in a little bit. From their mouth, a green liquid was dripping down to the ground, which shouted that wasn't a good thing, probably poisonous. She joined the fight in order to stop more people dying, she has joined the fight activating her lightsaber. The ally soldiers were indeed powerful, as they one by one destroyed them, in only a few seconds. One of the spiders attacked her, yet she was indeed fast and quickly got away from the harm's way, the other second was her stabbing the spider's head in a sudden, which immediately killed the venomous beast. Yes, the Ataru trainings indeed worked on them, since it was the technique of speed and quickness.

Not very much time later, the attacking spiders were all dead, or ran away from the soldiers. They were victorious, but at what cost? She heard someone calling her name, and turned towards the voice that called her. Did someone say that it was going to be a good day? Well, they have never seen this galaxy then. Not a single moment to sit and chat. Always there had to be someone who would destroy the peace. "I'll assist however I can! I have done this before." She said in a confident voice, yes, the memories of Midvinter filled her brain. She wondered how Sumiko was doing now? The last time she was pretty tired, and for a good reason, she mind raped the whole zombie horde. "But... I don't know healing that much, yet I can delay the process of dying... I suppose." She said, answering the another question, maybe as a Jedi she should have been more into the healing classes, but she was the damage dealer more than support. Anyway, she knew a little so she could help at least. She has learned the redhead's name was Elpsis, and she was a strong one indeed considering the burning big corpse near her, yet she was in need of a healer right now. Not thinking a second, she sat near to her and put her hand to her leg with a smile on her face. "I would like to tell nice to meet you, but first we need to save you." She said, her voice was sarcastic. "If it hurts, just tell me."

Then she started to concentrate on her wound, and send her Force energy towards it. Maybe if she would stop the venom from spreading more she would gain more time for her enough for her to last for a couple more hours. "You'll need to go to a more skilled healer afterwards, I am just preventing the venom to spread."

[member="Elpsis Kallikora"] [member="Tempest"]

2/20

(6/20)

[member="Nima Tann"], [member="Tempest"], [member="Valiens Nantaris"]

Well, this sucked! Boldly the spiders had charged and well...and been slaughtered. That part had been a good deal of fun, for Elpsis enjoyed blowing things up setting them on fire. Perhaps these attitudes were a bit philistine, but she was a simple woman with simple tastes.

Alas, she had not been able to avoid getting stung and having poisonous venom injected into her leg. Needless to say that part hurt tremendously. Sweating strongly and shaking, she was thrown into a haze as the venom slowly began to spread, but was able to make out Tempest. "You're hot when you're fryin' things." Leave it to Elpsis to make a lame attempt at flirtation. She had graduated with honours at the Kerrigan Academy for Oversexed Young Women.

"Got stung in the leg...and yeah, it hurts," she said in a 'duh, it obviously hurts' type of voice, before a cry of pain escaped her throat. However, soon the cute Twi'lek Jedi was at their side. Her presence, and more importantly the fact that she was suddenly sending all sorts of fuzzy Force energies flowing through the wound made Elpsis tense a bit. Her history with Jedi was not the best, but on the other hand she did not want to possibly get killed by a bloody spider! After all, she had just escaped the netherworld a couple threads ago!

"I get stung by a frakking spider and get two beauties worried about me. Net win?" she asked sarcastically. "If you isolate it, can I walk?" she asked while she tried to suppress the spasms of pain she was feeling. Note to self, she needed better armour.

Objective: Nautolan Colony
Location Ocean
2/20

As George readied himself to leave the ship a young boy zipped passed wearing nothing but his boxer shorts. Ahh the feth? Who was that? He thought to himself as the boy was now out of sight. George thought about it for a moment thinking of all the younglings that had came along on this trip. One name rang a bell. Theo? Seriously? If your mum saw you running around like that... He thought to himself as he moved through the corridors. He quickly picked up the pace to a light jog as he ran out of the ship. Seeing the main group surveying the ground for potential alpha sites George saw a speeder off in the distance. Must be him.

George quickly grabbed a speeder of his own and began heading out to follow the young boy. He did not know much of Morellia's history, or landscape for that matter. All he could see was the dust he was kicking up and that was his destination. Soon enough the dust settled and as George looked to see where they were a massive ocean took over. It was huge, the waves crashing and the water gleaming. It reminded him of home oh so much. But there was no way he would be heading back to Glee any time soon. Not with the One Sith control over it. So much had changed. The Nautolans with no 'homebsae'. Having to find their way around the galaxy. It hurt George, a lot.

But as his mind flicked back to what he was meant to do he saw the beach ahead with some small figures in the shallows. As he parked his bike up next to Theo's he made his way down to the beach. "Hello you two." He said to the pair as they sat in the water. George removing his robe, leaving his trousers on. He took a few steps into the water. Letting it soak between his toes. It was good. It definitely felt like home. But what was it like under the surface? He was yet to find out.

Objective: Heal.
Allies: [member="Elara Wahia"] | [member="Matsu Ike"] @Anyone assisting.
Enemy: [member="Kip Radon"]

While Kei couldn’t report to [member="Matsu Ike"] her drones likely recorded what came next.

The explosion came and he gripped the boy as close as he could. A loud pinging sound when debris hit the shield, slowing their entry but not stopping them entirely, thick cloth robes did not turn aside shards of metal either, even if they softened the impact, and several plunged into his back. About now Matsu would have scolded him for not wearing armor… again.

Kei coughed, gritted his teeth and looked down, there was something more important in his hands, not showing his back but showing the boy his front, the level of control Amadis exerted over control pain at that point was beyond control, he let it go, let all of it go and became peaceful, serene you could say in his task.

“Lay down, don’t move, I’m here.”

A strong cast of his hand was sent toward [member="Kip Radon"], the Master’s force push enough to lift and throw the other back likely, but not to wound, going for distance not force. Mercy even as he struggled to stand, because the choice wasn’t a choice, the boy would be saved, there would be other times to catch someone but not save a life.

Where he could not save the first victim, Kei nodded, holding out his hand, even as blood ran down his own leg, “Grip this, and close your eyes.” Placing his hand to the forehead of the boy, “don’t struggle, you’ll be fine,” and the boy hopefully gripped his hand tight digging into it. "Two for medical evac." [member="Matsu Ike"], Kei said over the communicator, if the explosion hadn't already let them know.

Amadis focused on the wound, controlling haemorrhaging around it before doing anything, even going so far as to sedate the boy with a stun, so he simply couldn’t hurt himself further, but allowing him to hear his voice all the same. Kei was forced to develop his force healing further, he’d treated his share of field wounds but nothing like this through the force, the rest of the liver was buffered by the force to pack it and prevent further damage or loss of blood, doing everything he can to close internal bleeding as the shard was slowly removed, bit by bit behind it damage being healed, thank the force he'd stunned him, because otherwise he'd be screaming.

~I need you.~ He said to [member="Elara Wahia"] through the force clearly, that was not usual, the voice would sound off color. Because every moment he was concentrating on the boy to save him, he was losing blood himself and weakening, the pain threatening to come back and overwhelm. That and he couldn’t control Kip and save the youngling at the same time if he came back for another round.

(8)​

Objective 3
Mission: Fighting Beasties with [member="Solan Charr"]

Air running through his hair, forward motion, his eyes narrowed to focus, fine and pinpoint on the area to be struck. Hearing the command, forward pressure dipped, and the ankle pushed him off, extending the toes to jump and swing himself sideways. Swiping, his weapon plunged into the chest under the arm, and the giant roared, Taiden clung on as its hand swiped for him, ducking the first attempt but not able to avoid the leg and save his sword at the same time.

The young Keth was precise, like Raien had been, but almost gentle-like in his handling of the sword, something his ancestor Aiden Keth had never used, but he’d inherited the graceful flowing motions all the same, a mix. A mix which was now jumping over the knee, he landed with that same grace, rolling aside and dipping his hands down, before finally coming to be still.

However he now had no sword, as it was impaled in the chest area somewhere, its many teeth vibrating finally slowing and coming to rest.

Taiden nodded in response, allowing himself a small smile to Solan, dipping down, and ready to push off again. The youthful echani distracted it with a tap on its left shoulder, then dodging to its right as it swung around, and leaving it free for.....

(9)​

Allies: The Coalition
Enemies: None, except prey
Objective: Hunt

Out of all the priorities set by the Coalition the Mandalorian's interest was hunting the wild beasts roaming the lands. It was also another one of his hobbies. Whenever he had the spare time to himself he would either go out and seek for a bounty who was worth a promising sum of credits, or he would go out into the unknown and hunt for some wild game. There were two types of hunters commonly known. You had one hunter who just kills wild beasts for fun and to claim as trophies, and you had the other hunters who respected life and only killed an animal for survival needs. The type of hunter the Field Marshal is, is the latter. Now, there are some loopholes and clauses that weren't stated in his code. If there was a beast such as a Rancor or a Gorax threatening a community, then he would kill such monster without hesitation and not feeling guilty about it. And right here on Morellia there monsters and beats similar to a Rancor.

Out into the wilds of Morellia the Warrior had a firm grip on his unique crossbow, finger ready on the trigger in case a nearby beast was close to him. Every second he checked on his HUD to know what was the status of the environment surrounding him. Though, he didn't need to use his HUD to know if a giant predator was near his area. With his own ears he could hear the volume of the footsteps of a Rancor which increased as it came closer and closer. Through verbal command Vilaz soared up in the sky with the aid of the jetpack that was integrated on his beskar'gam. The Mandalorian turned around to face a Rancor that was a few meters away from him. It would take time to have the Rancor submit to him with the equipment that he had. To begin the fight between two predators the Field Marshal raised his primary weapon and aimed it at the huge head of the monster. Then sound of thunder erupted as he launched a bolt from Orar'bev. It wouldn't take down the Rancor, but it would send a message to it. After it struck the beast it let out a roar of anger and pain and charged at the suspended Warrior.

Tempest

Storm of the Force
[member="Elpsis Kallikora"] [member="Nima Tann"]
5/20

By this stage a Firemane medic had come over to help out the Jedi Master. She nodded to Nima and set to work on Elpsis.
“What’s your name, girl?” Tempest asked the redhead on the ground. “You have the Force and a lightsabre, but you’re no Jedi either, self-taught like me then I guess.” She seemed to shake off the flirting, or one reason or another.
The medic meanwhile produced a large injector and held it up. “This’ll hurt you a lot more than it’ll hurt me,” she said grimly and fired it into Elpsis’ leg. “That’ll help neutralise the poison.”

Whilst Elpsis composed herself Tempest looked at the Jedi Master. “The spiders came from those hills over there. I’m guessing their nest might be in caves. If there’s a sinister threat here, we might find it there, would you agree?”

Objective: Help build Nautolan home world.
[member="Zak Dymo"] | [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="George O Rourke"]

(8)

Théo threw his leg over the bike and strode across the sand. By the time he got back he was dry once more, and flicks of salt crusted on his skin, grains of sand stuck to his skin around his ankles and his hair mattered, but that did not matter at all. He had left his father's tools on the bike for later, but had re-breather in hand, but more important things needed attention first, and once completed Théo would take his time building his board.

A small furrow creased his brow, something is wrong with his friend, a sense of unease coming from Zak, that Théo had never felt before. Zak is always happy, something that can be taken for granted by others if they do not take time to care, but Théo does.

"Hey, what is the matter?", he asked of his buddy, since only the mild sensation he would know of, Zak had not really spoken of his past to Théo. But striding toward them is Knight O Rourke, Théo turns to greet him with a bow of the head. "Hello Master O Rourke", he offered the respect to a man his superior, although no smile was given, but a look toward Zak in concern.

Objective: Nautolan Colony
Location Ocean
3/20

"Hello Theo, didn't want to help Ma and Pa with the build I see?" He spoke with a curious tone. The young boy loved adventure and often raced away from his busy parents when he could to do so. Today was no different, but luckily for him he his buddy Zak there too. As soon as young Theo greeted the Knight he quickly turned his attention back to Zak who seemed to be spaced out and Theo was worried. George noticing this was also mildly worried. Zak was a competent Padawan and he was sure that he had zoned out into a vision of the ocean the way he would want it. Nothing harmful."Don't worry about Zak Theo, I am sure he is just imagining what he would like the ocean here to look like." He said with a smile, trying to calm the uneasiness of the situation. But George could feel it, there was something off with Zak, he could feel it. But tried to keep everyone calm and stick around in case anything were to happen.

Post 7 of 20
Objective: Establish a Nautolan Refugee Colony

"Someone's hurt."

It was a simple enough statement. The small Nautolan continued to stare off into the distance, before he finally turned toward Theo and Knight O'Rourke. Perhaps seeking affirmation from them. Or dissuasion from concern. "But..."

Doubt. The youngling was still uncertain about the mysteries of the Force. Was what he experiencing real? Was it his imagination?

"I don't know if it's someone whose hurt now... or, like, the past. Or the future?" It wasn't so much a statement or commentary as it was a question. Zak couldn't be certain of what he'd experienced, let alone try to cast it into words. The sensation, the awareness, existed on some level transcendent to the galaxy in which they subsisted in tangible form. It was fleeting, like a dream no longer remembered, so that even the memory of it seemed to vanish like a morning fog.

The boy's stubby head-tails bounced from side to side, the Nautolan shaking his head as though trying to forcefully clear his mind. Looking between the two other Jedi, the boy asked plaintively, "Did that make any sense?"

[member="George O Rourke"] | [member="Théodred Heavenshield"]​

Objective : Base!

Meandering down to the base of the mountain range, a noise pricked his ears. Stopping to listen, Judah turned slowly around to view his current location. Nothing out of the ordinary seemed to be occurring. Up the hills it was quiet and he could hear the voices of employees down in the valley.

His pace picked back up once more. Must have been his ears playing tricks on him. Or a bird. Or some weird little woodland rodent type creature. Taking his time down towards the others, shouting echoed out in the valley. At first he thought some playful banter and broken out in the main group. Slowly it dawned on him the shouting was more urgent. Panicked.

"Rancors!"

Off to his left, a pack of rancors were coming to see what was so interesting. It was time for Salacia to scramble and find some cover. Quickly.

Objective: Help build Nautolan home world.

[member="Zak Dymo"] | [member="George O Rourke"]

(9)

That made absolutely no sense to Théo, but that was only because he had not sensed what Zak had. Regardless of that, something was wrong and something needed investigating. Théo looked up into the face of the only person here with authority over them both, Knight O Rourke. A questioning look on his face, for Théo they had to go look and find out. To him if someone was out there and hurt they could not not look for them and help.

"I think we should go and see", he spoke up, "If someone is hurt we need to go and find them". Théo is no stranger to strange things and happenings, after all that had happened to him on Midvinter and Rhen Var, nothing surprised the young boy now. Well, life would throw up more surprises as he grows but for now it was enough.

Théo will stand by his friend, and if Zak wants to go and see .. so will he.

Objective: Nautolan refugee camp.
4/20

The young Nautolan began speaking, non of it made sense to George, but it did seem rather worrying. "Did you see someone getting hurt Zak?" George replied calmly. He was the superior currently and as such tried to keep the situation calm. Theo was clearly worried about his friend and voiced as such. George agreed with the young Heavenshield. "If there is someone in need of help we must provide it. Is there anything else you can think of Zak?" Trying to get as much information from Zak about what he had seen so they could find some answers.

George looked around, there was nothing insight. The ocean spread out as far as the eye could see, but what was underneath the surface was yet to be discovered. Well at least for George. What Zak saw could have been anywhere. We needed answers, we needed clues and Zak would be the only one to provide a heading for them to move off to.

[member="Théodred Heavenshield"] | [member="Zak Dymo"]

Objective: 3
Other Chars: [member="Taiden Keth"]

Solan smiled as he removed his abilities from his blade and closed his eyes as his hands relaxed and the saber in his right dropped to the ground. His breath became slower, deeper, and more controlled as Taiden distracted the creature and with that Solan raised his hand towards the beast slowly and focused on the hair that covered the creature's body. More on the air around the hair though, decreasing the distance between air molecules as the heat around the creature began to grow from the increased level of friction in the air. Slowly it would start to feel hot, then toasty, then it would start to become that of a desert at the high point of the sun. Hotter and hotter like and oven as the creature would start to feel the hair on its body curling up as Solan put all his focus into it.

As he did his body would become deathly pale, as if it never contained any former of color as it was. Devoid of anything but the a chilling white color to his skin. His veins in contrast became a dark ebony, struck across his skin like vines that looped and crawled over his body as it began to shudder and the very air around him seemed to become a bone chillingly cold aura that wrapped him in a robe of shadows if seen with the sight granted by the force. His own eyes as they opened were a dark, yet at the same time somehow vibrant amber color that focused and narrowed as he stared at the creature. "Die..." His hand twisted one last time as the movement was completely the Gundark's hair and in turn body burst up into a column of flames that wrapped around its very body.

Solan would say nothing more, do nothing more, he would watch the creature. Waiting for its body to burn or for it to strike out in pain or not.

Kip Radon

I like the way you bleed, boy
Objective: Be Kip
Allies: None
Enemies: [member="Kei Amadis"] Silver Sanctum

The boy began to visually relax and hold still in the man's arms, the force helping to stabilize him and help the stop of blood flowing out of him. With the shrapnel removed the kid needed a doctor, and with a medical evac on its way he could look forward to living a long and healthy life under the peaceful rule of the Silver Sanctum. However Samuel was the lucky one, he was going to be a free man when he was older. As for his friends, the same could not be said for them. They were under the thumb of Kip, a place they would likely stay until they died.

But speaking of Kip, the Sith who had been fleeing from the scene of the crime had been knocked against a chain link steel fence. His face pressed hard against it from the man's forced push his cigarette was crushed and ruined and it upset him deeply. Once he was down from the fence he quickly exited out to the other side where the children had left from.

Slipping out he began to walk with a fevered pace away from the weapons company factory, he was certain that the Jedi wasn't following but he had to get the hell out of there before the boat to incarceration island set sail for him. Turning a corner on a city block Kip assimilated and blended into a crowd of average civilians. While he could still be tracked with the force he was covered visually unless members of the sanctum were masters at Where's Waldo.

His ship was a good block away from here and he intended to get there without raising too much questions.

In the Darkness there is Truth
(7/20)

On paper, there was little remarkable about Morellia. Consult hoogle, and in all likelihood the most informative article you would find was one relating to the indigenous slugthrower production. While undoubtedly riveting for slugthrower enthusiasts since the hand gun produced on the planet actually packed a heavy punch instead of being an antique fit for a museum, that interested only a limited strata. As of late, the planet had hit the local news due to tales about aggressive animals running amoc.

Word of the mass grave recently uncovered by the Jedi had not yet travelled down the grapevine, though assuredly that would change soon. Sumiko was, you might have guessed it, dear reader, rather indifferent to the plight of the natives who would soon find themselves as citizens of the Coalition. Or as subjects, depending on perspective.

No, her attention was drawn to the ancient structure that lay deep within the forest, far from what passed for civilisation on this planet. Today, Morellia was a rather uninspiring planet, its inhabitants lived in small, primitive settlements dotted across the planet. If there had ever been greatness here, it had passed ages ago. And yet here the ancient structure was, built like a step pyramid. Rising up into the sky like a massive ziggurat that defiantly withstood the test of time, even as the natives forgot about their past and the area around it was reclaimed by nature.

Surreptitiously Sumiko had entered the ancient structure after cutting her way through the forest, slicing through foliage with her blade. Within the pyramid, here and there transculescent light fell through cracks inside the ceiling. The walls were dominated by images painted by some bygone civilisation, displaying past glory and triumphs, perhaps showing kings of ages past as they made sacrifices to deities or accepted the submission of their subject peoples.

It was quite dark inside, but her crimson lightsabre provided a measure of illumination as she examined every nook and cranny, every crevice of a wall. One image in particular commanded her attention, namely that of a massive winged serpent to whom apparently offerings were being made. Perhaps a deity of some sort. Or a daemon the people sought to appease. Words were inscribed beneath it, though she struggled to translate them, but nonethless took some notes. They were not penned in the language of the Sith, this she could tell.

But then one detail in particular caught her eye, an image of apocalypytic destruction. A world wreathed in flames and desolation, demonic looking creatures battling each other while humans cowered or fled in fright. The end of days...or dawn of a new age? The universe moved in cycles. Light, Dark, galactic empires of all stripes and colours...all battling for supremacy. Nowhere was this more clearly shown than in the seemingly eternal jihad between Jedi and Sith that caused so much bloodshed and misery over the millennia with no sign of abating.

Which was exactly why Sumiko plain and simple did not care much about politics. "Interesting. Are these Kwa?" she wondered out aloud when she looked upon what seemed to be a depiction of blue-skinned Saurians, though by now much of the paint had faded. One gloved finger traced across the wall. A few skeletons, long stripped of all flesh, lined the hall. They must have been dead for a long time. It was then that she felt a cold chill as if the temperature inside the place had suddenly dropped considerably.

Post 8 of 20
Objective: Establish a Nautolan Refugee Colony

Zak had turned to his fellow Jedi for answers, or affirmations, or some reassurance that he wasn't losing his mind.

...and he was getting more questions instead of answers.

What did he see?

Who did he see?

Did Timmy fall into the well, Lassie?

The already frustrated youngling finally reached a breaking point. Throwing both arms up over his head in exasperation, the boy shouted, "I DON'T KNOW!" Seriously. How was anyone supposed to make sense out of this stuff? It was like a dream, but it wasn't a dream. And you kinda felt it, but you didn't really feel it. The experience touched him, but he couldn't touch it back.

It was like a cat chasing a laser. That's what the Force was. "Why doesn't this Force stuff come with rules, or instructions, or somethin'!?" the boy demanded, fully aware that he was asking a rhetorical question and fully intending to hold Knight O'Rourke responsible for the fact that there wasn't answer.

Crossing his arms, the Nautolan ducked his head down, fully intending to fume and pout most seriously in response to this personal outrage. He didn't tell the Force to... do... stuff. It just did stuff! And none of it made any sense. Especially not to a nine year old.

"The helplessness is... is kinda gone," the boy noted quietly, refusing to look up at the Nautolan Jedi Knight. "But, the fear... that's still there. And, something else. But I can't tell what it is, it just feels cold."

What was that anyway? It was like the Force was just this bunch of adjectives. Adjectives without substance. Fear. Cold.

Jedi were probably awesome at MadLibs.

"Anyway..."

Turning the boy gestured out to the ocean behind them. "There's this undersea mountain that's like, right next to us. And... and, this valley. I think it could be a Nautolan colony," the boy remarked, looking back over at the other two. "You know, for the people who lost their homes to the Sith."

[member="George O Rourke"] | [member="Théodred Heavenshield"]​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom