Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Hottest Girls of SWRP 2013

I'm not sure how openly admitting that this thread is for the purpose of objectifying women in any way makes it better, and frankly, I'm a little shocked and disappointed to see the number of you endorsing it.

I'm sure the women who attend this site, as pretty as you may find their avatars, didn't do it to be gawked at and shallowly appraised for reasons other than their artistic contribution. And while your "Girls Gone Wild" DVDs may assure you that this behavior is normative and just, it's actually demeaning to your fellow roleplayer and has no place in "progressive" societies that would no longer see their sisters as chattel.

This thread serves no other purpose than to have a bit of fun. And given the number of female writers that have posted in this thread, I think we can safely say your post is both unnecessary and more offensive than the rest of the thread. I can't speak for the female writers, but I know that I enjoy being told I am attractive in real life and I am amused when people find my characters attractive.

Tyger Tyger said:
I'm not sure how openly admitting that this thread is for the purpose of objectifying women in any way makes it better, and frankly, I'm a little shocked and disappointed to see the number of you endorsing it.

I'm sure the women who attend this site, as pretty as you may find their avatars, didn't do it to be gawked at and shallowly appraised for reasons other than their artistic contribution. And while your "Girls Gone Wild" DVDs may assure you that this behavior is normative and just, it's actually demeaning to your fellow roleplayer and has no place in "progressive" societies that would no longer see their sisters as chattel.
618px-Whiteknight.gif

post-9463-Big-Lebowski-Reaction-gifs-YHNq.gif

Look, I get it -- I really do. Nobody likes to be told, in public, that they're misogynists, particularly when they've never thought themselves as such. But that's what this behavior is. There's absolutely no reason it should be tolerated on the Internet. There's absolutely no reason it should be tolerated anywhere.

I mean, hell, Sarge -- You're military, right? I wonder how your chain-of-command would respond if you were caught participating in this kind of crap. ZERO TOLERANCE.

Akio Kahoshi said:
This thread serves no other purpose than to have a bit of fun. And given the number of female writers that have posted in this thread, I think we can safely say your post is both unnecessary and more offensive than the rest of the thread. I can't speak for the female writers, but I know that I enjoy being told I am attractive in real life and I am amused when people find my characters attractive.
Also, a lot of those avatars are pictures of real people. So technically, they're not the ones being objectified.

You know, just sayin'... :p

Alright people, let's move on, shall we?

@[member="Tyger Tyger"], the point of this thread was to have a bit of fun. I will point out the bleeding obvious - none of the pictures being used are people's REAL LIFE FACES, they are actresses chosen because they look like their character concept. Therefore...where is the problem?
Furthermore, I see @[member="Cira"], @[member="Tahira Solo"], @[member="Delila Castillon"] and others who are women IC and OOC, and who have no objections.

This thread is for fun, and should not be taken so seriously. If you cannot do so...I suggest you do not read it.

Tegaea Alcori said:
Alright people, let's move on, shall we?

@[member="Tyger Tyger"], the point of this thread was to have a bit of fun. I will point out the bleeding obvious - none of the pictures being used are people's REAL LIFE FACES, they are actresses chosen because they look like their character concept. Therefore...where is the problem?
Furthermore, I see @[member="Cira"], @[member="Tahira Solo"], @[member="Delila Castillon"] and others who are women IC and OOC, and who have no objections.

This thread is for fun, and should not be taken so seriously. If you cannot do so...I suggest you do not read it.
I agree 100% with this. As a lady both in and out of RP, I don't see this as serious. Now if people were making lewd comments about the women in the thread, that would be a different story. If any lady objects to being put on this list I am sure we would respect their wishes and keep them out of the thread. For now, its all in good harmless fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom