Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction The Hapes Humanitarian Ball [ Hapes Consortium, Open to Lightsiders ]

372711ea1630b63deda1e8d79da05c43.png

THE HAPES HUMANITARIAN BALL

Y2TCYs1.png

Briana_1.png

Themes: XoXo
Tag: Ajinar Djo, @ Hapes Consortium Peeps

She was not supposed to stay on Hapes longer than a few days, her Jedi duties as of late having become more demanding, starting with the attempt on Valery’s life, resulting in innumerable tasks that she could be helping tend to back on Ossus, particularly when it came to revamping their defenses. Naturally, Briana’s mechanically apt mind had been whirling over ideas for weeks, complete with several pages of scribbled notes.

The purchasing of some shield generators would be a start, for one.

Not a run of the mill design, but one that required some construction and would likely turn a pretty credit or two. Something that she was certain could be budgeted in with proper planning. Maybe. Briana wasn’t exactly privy to the Praxeum’s funding situation.

The days following her delivery of the news on Brandyn’s disappearance delayed her departure, having shown Briana how dangerously fragile the situation with her mother and Blaire truly was, practically demanding she give the family she’d been ignoring and neglecting her more immediate attention.

It felt easier than it should have to fall back into her old lifestyle, the biggest difference being the burden of having to carry far more responsibility than before.

Tonight wasn’t about responsibility though, at least not in the familial, or Jedi sense.

Ajinar had dragged her with him to a charity gala for the underprivileged, apparently touted as being one of the biggest events of the year, complete with auctioning rooms set up in the back for the nobility to dump their grossly vast amounts of wealth into once they’d had their fill of hobnobbing with one another.

The convention center that it took place in was massive, the main center of the room a long oval shape that continued to follow up the walls and create massive arches at the roof. Sitting below the apex of the ceiling was a hovering platform where the evening's band played, complete with speakers attached to the bottom of the moving stage, music radiating through every corridor. Entertainers, chefs, musicians, and delightful aromas from all corners of the Hapan system having gathered for the evenings affair.

Briana stood off to the side, taking in the feeling of the evening with champagne flute in hand, her shoulder finding purchase against one of the free walls and waiting for the return of her cousin. The music was almost deafening, having grown more accustomed to the quiet jungle world of Ossus.

Pinned and tucked, the dramassian shimmersilk dress she wore cinched her impossibly narrow waist and showed off curves that left Briana feeling a tad exposed. Ajinar Djo was largely to blame for her apperance, having picked her evening gown with frequent reminders throughout the process that she was an eligible woman of the nobility and not just a Jedi warrior. It surprised Briana, as she sat getting fitted and pulled into fashion, to realize how much her own tastes had changed in the years since she’d left home.

When was it exactly, that she decided robes and combat boots were preferable to soft dresses and heels? Hm…wild.

OBJECTIVES

Ballroom.png

BALLROOM
The main chamber of the event center has been prepped and polished, garnished with lavish decorations to transform it into a radiant ballroom. Several ancient chandeliers adorn the high-vaulted ceilings, while musicians play on hovering platforms that move throughout the room. Tables line the edges of the main area, with service droids passing out drinks, meals, and other refreshments to guests.

Pngtreeelegant_decorative_circle_floral_frame_5593215_2.png

GARDENS
Inset into the walls are various alcoves that lead to wide, dramatic walkways, each one ending with a small court complete with fountains, marble cut statues and benches. For tonight only, the doors that would normally be locked to visitors have been opened, inviting wanderers to explore the labyrinth of gardens beyond the confines of the alcove and take respite from all the noise of the event.

Pngtreeelegant_decorative_circle_floral_frame_5593215_3.png

Auction
The main reason for the event.

Sponsored by GDI Incorporated, the live auction is taking place in a quiet back part of the building, designed to help children and families in need through high-bidding items donated by generous patrons. Come, spend your credits, save some lives. After all… who doesn’t care about the children?

BYOO
If dancing, exploring the gardens, or auctioning, is not on your agenda for the evening, there is a whole city beyond the confines of the convention center to be explored. The evening air is warm and energies are high, finding something else to do shouldn’t be a problem at all.

Last edited:
Ballroom.png

Ariela squeezed his hand as the two entered the ball room. Dressed in classic black and white formal wear, the two of them probably seemed fairly demure compared to some of the other guests - though that's precisely how he liked it. The man tried to avoid drawing attention to himself when he could. The replica droid offered him a warm smile.

"Having second thoughts?"

"Always," said the blonde man, "when it comes to formal social engagements."

"They're good for you," chided the droid, "besides they're opportunity for me to do some work of my own."

He ruefully shook his head, "That's why you dragged me here? To be part of your cover."

"Partially. Speaking of which, I need to step out for a little bit. I'll catch up with you later, hopefully before the auction. You're still planning on attending that, aren't you?"

The man nodded, "The highlight of my night...probably."

vZ8gE7drATxUcd95tAjaz4R5jo2j4_BndRgB0fJanRwOSsBI4T8Wm74nfPv32Sx5-sZSURNkU94EcDnJJM7ORPBIARE__5UcRuZLICzbFC08n4kv-LyWYT3JTyvr4IiwMbYF1N3l=s0

Ballroom.png

Objective: I - Ballroom
Tags: Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren Gir Quee Gir Quee Open

A platinum plated, pearl hued luxury speeder cruised through the airspace of Hapes en-route to the venue for the Humanitarian Ball, followed by a more utilitarian speeder filled with private security. Both craft landed just outside of the venue at a designated landing pad, with the armored speeder opening first to allow private security agents to exit and secure the pad. A few moments later, the pearl speeder opened, with Martin Draigo exiting the back cabin, wearing a finely tailored black tuxedo and bow tie. This had been the first time that Martin had visited the Hapes cluster, much less Hapes itself. Despite being raised primarily on Corellia, Martin was part Hapan by blood, and took it upon himself to familiarize himself with his ancestral home while en route to the planet, and thereafter this gala. Given its intensely matriarchal society, Martin thought it best to attend this event sans a female companion. He had been entertaining the prospect of moving GDI's headquarters to the Hapes cluster given the Galactic Alliance's problematic economic policies against entities who sold their products abroad.

As an introductory step to explore that option, Martin had taken steps to reach out to the Hapan government to secure the ability to sponsor this charity event. To his surprise, the Queen and her court agreed to the proposal. Perhaps it was a form of liberal inclusion of a masculine owned company, which was an... interesting concept to be sure. The playboy CEO entered the gala, accepting a champagne flute from a nearby serving droid as he surveyed the area. So far, it appeared he was among the first of the guest list to arrive, so he set about simply enjoying the refreshments and observing some of the guests already here as they approached the dance floor. Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren caught Martin's attention, adorned in a very well fitted evening gown which highlighted her natural beauty. The GDI CEO strolled over to the vision of a noblewoman, and gave her a polite bow:
"How are you? I'm Martin."

PF2W9CvWk_CUJtZq3DHd-t7F7xQfYmdxuwpY_Hu2E8vMYlJU6BNo63TF7dNfarFx_QMzJmwVIUa98zJJg4OOhBsNTp6lzvJb-EYzUtuoiPpFUxZQEAluSFV2XW811o4xNXidkL2H=s0

Marcus Riggs

M
Marcus tugged at the collar of his suit. The outfit was ridiculous, and he’d much rather be in something way less formal, but Briana had insisted he be there. How could he say no to her especially after Naboo? While there was no love loss between him and Baros, Marcus felt deeply for his little sister. He had a responsibility after all, now that he was the man of the house in many ways. It was just a shame he was a roguish Riggs rather than an upity Sal-Soren. Whatever his mother had seen in that man, and why she had been so stubborn about getting back with dad… another thought for another time.

The ballroom was ornate, fancy. Marcus immediately felt out of place. There was a small voice in the back of his mind telling him it wasn’t too late to nope out of the whole thing, but Riggs kept steady. This was a challenge and honestly, Marcus never backed down from one. It helped all the Hapan women were lovely to look at, but one thing did set him on edge.

Briana’s dress.

It was clear she was not the kid he remembered. In fact she filled out the dress in ways Marcus didn’t want to think about. His steps carried him quickly to her side, especially as it seemed other men were hovering near her orbit. Marcus had one job as a big brother, and that was to ensure Briana never dated. It was a task her certainly had to see to tonight. There would be way too many callers for his liking.

“Bri… you look… grown.”

Marcus walked right past the man speaking to her and barged in. She could get after him about it later, but the man looked far too old to be hovering around a twenty year old, charity or not.

Y2TCYs1.png

Briana_1.png

Themes: XoXo
Tag: Gir Quee Gir Quee , Martin Draigo Martin Draigo , Ajinar Djo, Marcus Riggs, Open

"Hello," she murmured, her rosebud lips bending in a polite smile. The man who approached her cut an impressive figure - almost herculean. By comparison she was much smaller, though she compensated with an air of regality and a confidence in her posture that could overshadow even those who bore an additional foot of height and frame. The subtle undertone of a Corellian drawl was present, one that Briana could pick out from anywhere - even in the upper echelons of Corellian society, denoting that he wasn't from Hapes.

This explained why he felt comfortable enough to approach her, rather than the other way around. "I'm Briana," she said, taking a small sip from her champagne flute, a small glint behind her oceanic eyes.

"Sal-Soren. And so far? Bored. Though, recent developments are changing my mind rather quickly..." she dropped her last name knowing the weight it carried in certain Corellian circles. Vast and rich in its history, it was a name always associated with 'big money' and one that everyone turned to when they were looking for a hand-out. Was she testing him?

The time to determine that answer came to an abrupt end, the hulking figure of her elder brother cutting between them. Her cheeks went a pinkish red at the interruption, lifting the curve of her proud chin in a mild form of protest.

"Marcus." she said his name evenly, unamused by his antics and shooting a glare at the back of his head when he turned. In public places he would have known exactly what he could get away with, realizing that she couldn't retaliate against him in her normal way. Without a doubt, he was going to get an earful from her later. "As have you...it's been a long time. Is that a tinge of grey I see?" she smirked at the small dig, lofting a brow at him.

"I'm sorry," she apologized, maneuvering around Marcus. "Martin... this is my brother, Marcus Riggs."

Last edited:

Lovor Mahlanarsh

L

Lovor had secured an invitation from the date that had been so gracious and charitable to invite him along as their plus one. Castlin had never been a favorite of his, but she was pliable for what he had in mind at least.

Her hand entangled with his as she made the nervous dance around his black stiletto nails.

"I don't understand why you prefer to be done up in such a way. It makes it rather impossible to enjoy your company proper." She remarked with a sly glance to his hands. The smile didn't reach the corner of his eyes as he watched the dancers move back and forth, his annoyance kept inward at her griping.

She always despised how he composed himself.

A display for someone other than her as he leaned into her neck and took a deep breath. She shuddered beneath the hand that slid onto her shoulder and the warmth against the nape of her neck. He almost found pleasure in her sudden lack of conviction. Almost.

The dark orbs staring from the slits his eyes had become to lock eyes with her. Her own sliding sideways slowly to address him before he came close enough to nearly taste her perfume.

"Speak with your friends. Find out the latest gossip before you are left out of the game they so enjoy, my most gracious hostess." She made to protest as his other hand cradled her fingers and swept her forward. "It's better than enjoying my solemn presence. Go on, have fun. I know it's why you came."

She swallowed the fluster about herself as she made good speed towards a small gathering of those she associated with. He let the smile drop to something similar to a frown of dismay as she joined the circle with little issue.

A few faces peered over her shoulder, quickly dropping back into the gossip circle when he looked their way. It had likely not helped the matter with the small wave of his fingers that a few had lingered to gaze at him longer than the others.

The strings of the tangled web being spun before he had been in the room no more than an half hour.

He slid a flute of champagne from a passing server, sipping from it as he spied the room for anything interesting. He slipped into the mindset of a fun and willing party goer rather than the stony and unbending person he usually was.

Last edited by a moderator:

vZ8gE7drATxUcd95tAjaz4R5jo2j4_BndRgB0fJanRwOSsBI4T8Wm74nfPv32Sx5-sZSURNkU94EcDnJJM7ORPBIARE__5UcRuZLICzbFC08n4kv-LyWYT3JTyvr4IiwMbYF1N3l=s0

Ballroom.png

Objective: I - Ballroom
Tags: Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren Gir Quee Gir Quee Marcus Riggs Open

An eyebrow arched at Briana's words following her introduction, with a coy smile lining Martin's lips at the mild hint of suggestion in her voice. Before he could respond, a rather brisk interruption had presented itself when this 'Marcus Riggs' had imposed himself upon their banter. But Martin did not visibly appear to be bothered by the rude interjection. Instead, he appeared all the more composed and nonchalant. Such was the flow of business - it would take a considerable amount of concentrated effort to rattle the CEO. Instead, Martin gave Briana a gracious nod as she made apologies for her brother, and he in turn extended a hand to the man as a way of greeting: "Martin Draigo, CEO of GDI Incorporated. Thank you for attending this event." His voice was as casual as if he were saying 'I work at the school down the street', while also adding just a slight comment to let the man know he was a bit out of his depth, with a cordial smile on his lips nonetheless as he made his greeting to the man.

He returned his attention to the vision of a woman before him, adding with a well polished cadence:
"Before I get too far ahead of myself, I would be remiss if I did not apologize for any lack of decorum on my part. I am partially Hapan by blood, but raised on Corellia. I have wanted to visit Hapes for the longest time to reconnect with this part of my heritage. Thus far, I have been quite enthralled by the experience." The last bit of his statement carried an equally pleasant tone with an underlying cant of suggestion to mirror Briana's. He took a sip of his champagne as he regarded the pair.

"Sal Soren, hmm... I've heard that name. Quite impressive, I'm pleased to make your acquaintances. What have you both been up to lately?"

PF2W9CvWk_CUJtZq3DHd-t7F7xQfYmdxuwpY_Hu2E8vMYlJU6BNo63TF7dNfarFx_QMzJmwVIUa98zJJg4OOhBsNTp6lzvJb-EYzUtuoiPpFUxZQEAluSFV2XW811o4xNXidkL2H=s0

Marcus Riggs

M
For a moment which was just beyond brief, Marcus ignored the scene around him. For the few seconds that he allowed it, his world was simply him and his younger half sister. They were half siblings in name only. While their fathers were not the same, everything else about their upbringings had been. What was more, with Baros gone, Marcus had assumed the role of protector when it came to his younger siblings whether they asked for it or not. Which was why the moment between them, as tender as it was, had been brief.

"Gray, HA! That is wisdom my dear. You know the old proverb which says that gray hair is a crown of wisdom, and never forget it."

He chuckled for a bit before the slight which had been passed his way fully processed. Riggs smirked, giving his sister a look that would tell her he would do his best to behave, but the presumptuous sith spat filled tart behind him needed to be careful with his insinuations. Marcus may not look like he belonged in the room, but not only was the scoundrel among his equals, many in the room were very much beneath the station he was born into, including the businessman who insisted on making eyes at his sister.

"Dear sister, remind me... I've missed a few birthdays for... reasons..." Marcus was not about to publicly explain his absence to his sister, though she well knew why he stayed on the move by now. They had taken to writing each other often. "...you're what 18... 20... maybe?"

She was going to murder him, but Marcus was making a point. He tried to stifle a small little snicker as he turned to face the man who had introduced himself and made his excuse for a lack of decorum. Riggs immediately took his hand with a firm grip and shook it vigorously.

"Marcus Riggs, Captain... a few other titles etc... and don't worry about decorum. For this event, as long as you can write a big fat check for the cause, most of the people around here will be gracious enough to ignore it."

Riggs certainly did not worry about it. No one would ever guess by his behavior or speech that he was noble blood, and had been raised and educated as such. It was something he kept close to his chest, a defense mechanism of sorts. His brash and obnoxious behavior would keep people guessing, and when the time came, he would have something to surprise them with. Marcus was a man of many secrets, and some would remain buried deep, very deep.

"Well, I cannot speak for my sister, but I have been rather busy. Procurement and logistics are my specialties, and recent galactic events have created a lot of work for me."

Ajinar Djo

A

hHH6ijS.png
TIME: Evening
THEME: Decadent Noble Party
TAGS: Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren | Marcus Riggs | Martin Draigo Martin Draigo

Talking his darling cousin into attending this affair had been all too easy, and he had loathed to leave her alone for any length of time - knowing Hapan men, as he was one - but he had needed something to whet his tongue. All he had intended to do was get himself something other than champagne; it was a boring choice of libation. What he hadn't counted on was being harassed by his sisters (who were on an infrequent visit home from their boarding school) and at length, no less, with their bevy of questions and insinuations. Their curiosity about and interest in the prince, which he did everything in his power to dissuade them from, but they had no care for his own feelings... as if any part of him was a woman's responsibility when he was a solitary man! By the time he had managed to extricate himself from their company, Aji found his cousin in the presence of not just one man, but two... quelle surprise. It was to be expected. As he came closer, now that he could see the faces of those around his beautiful cousin, the identity of one of these men became clear.

"Brianne," he handed her his glass of amber and ice, "hold this for me, would you, chérie?"

Then without further ado, he turned to his elder cousin with a warm smile, and grasped Marcus on both sides of his face, planting a featherlight peck on each cheek.

"Marcus, you almost look handsome," he quipped, pulling away "spending so much time away from Hapes has done you no favours," he then glanced to the other man, his smile widening just a touch, "mais, peut-être, it is just you."

Moving away from the elder relative, he retrieved his drink from Briana, and settled himself into place alongside her, "Merci, Brianne," he dropped a few low words in her ear, whilst putting his gaze back on the much older off-worlder, "now tell me... who is this délicieux stranger?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom