Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Galactic Alliance T2 Dominion of Xagobah & Athos IV

Objective: Humanitarian Aid
Allies: N/A
|6|

"I see." Yet, those green eyes were still roaming the technical specifications revealed by the data chip. It was being projected by the hard-light projector made by the Saiba Group - one of the few manufacturers in the Galaxy currently dabbling in the tech, well, one of the few noteworthy and respectable ones - iridium blues shimmered as the hologram was manipulated by hand gestures. A magnification there, swiping some of the parts away to reveal the inner-depths, it was quite handy.

"And you feel this is feasible, Sterich?"

The Twi'lek scientist started nodding fervently. It was clear that he saw an opportunity here and the fact that Sarova wasn't immediately dismissing the idea out of hand, well it made him hope, certainly.

"Absolutely, ma'am. I have already been tinkering with a prototype- if allowed I will start live tests in a secluded and isolated area, before pushing the project forward."

Said prototype was a generator that created sonic pulses keyed specifically to life specimens of the Mazariyan. According to the data the generator was capable of manipulating the specimens in one way or another; depending on pitch and duration, it was possible to force it to pacifism for a timed duration.

"Very well then. You are approved." Huge grin, eyes twinkling, Sterich started bowing and retreating outside without turning his back on her.

Cerita snorted once he left, before shutting down the projector and pocketing the datachip. After assembling some of her equipment, she stepped outside the tent herself.

It was gonna be a long day.

Objective: Aggressive Negotiations
Allies: [member="Michael Sardun"] | [member="Chaal Narsadal"] | [member="HK-36"]
|10|

"Prex Kreelan,, we are ready to move out."

That was a new voice. One Aeron didn't recognize. Standing with her legs a foot apart, the woman tightened the glove over her right hand. Electric blue eyes met that of the Forcer. He wasn't one of her own. Last she heard, he also wasn't one of the New Jedi Order. Was it the other one?

"Tch." came the cluck of her tongue. There were so many karking orders it was hard to keep up on which were still relevant and which had keeled over. If it was not one schism it was the next. Jedi honestly had no sense of loyalty or commitment it seemed.

"Prex, the fresh batch of volunteers have just arrived. " This included our most recent bounty hunter addition who had approached the Jedi earlier.

Aeron gave a nod. Little did she know that in this batch was someone far more familiar. A former Lord Protector himself.

"Get them up and loaded, we move out in five. If they need anything, hand them equipment for them to us." after that, those startling cerulean eyes fell once again on the Jedi.

Objective: Rebuild the Shattered Lands
Allies: [member="Saffron"]
Enemies: Unknown

The environmental chemist commented that Chain Lightning in World of Build-a-Bear Knights was a spell that, depending on the spell level, could hit a whopping 8 targets. Cathul managed to hit three scavenger animals using one shot of Electric Judgment. That's what her current level of EJ would enable her to do. Chain-targeting EJ was requiring immense computational ability on her part - and she can technically chain-target EJ on as many targets as her brain could calculate and solve Maxwell's equations for. Which meant that her brainpower was the limiting factor. She might have good mental conditioning, but she unfortunately have only a finite amount of computational power. Ouch, chain-targeting Electric Judgment was already uncommon - most people could only use EJ on a single target. That was going to hurt, and hurt badly. That made her an all-too-dangerous witch to have around. But that gave her one big headache, for which using the Force on herself to alleviate it would be counter-productive until painkillers could be administered.

"Does anyone have painkillers? I can't use the Force again until my headaches have stabilized"

"Please, do tell me how using chain-targeted Electric Judgment made you suffer such headaches" the civil engineer asked Cathul.

"Single-target Electric Judgment requires solving for Maxwell's equations on that target - in matter. The computational requirements on the caster increase when you try to chain-target it and I used nearly all my internal computational power to do it"

"I'll never understand witchcraft" the environmental chemist told Cathul, while administering two doses of painkillers to her. "I never heard space wizards talk about how their own ability to make calculations in their heads was a factor in using space magic"

"In most cases the caster's computational power isn't a factor, that much is true. It has no bearing on how strong a Force-power is. Just that Electric Judgment is a little, let's say it, peculiar in that respect but that's a function of the spell's mechanism rather than a function of space magic itself"

Objective: Change over of the Guard:

Bridge, Unyielding-class Command Cruiser Rebel's Hope
High Orbit, Xagobah, Mayagil Sector, Outer Rim
Flight Deck

[member="Vance Caydence"] [member="Kal Blonde"] [member="Owen Holst"] [member="Asmus Janes"] @Zark

| 11 |

Choli couldn't help the small snicker that escaped at the sight of Blonde scurrying to stand alongside them. Okay, while a bit rough around the edges, he was trying his best. Choli knew how it felt to be the new guy, and likely he was attempting to fit in. A bit short-tempered, but over all the guy was okay. Time would tell though.

With the ceremony underway, the young Rogue pilot relaxed at parade rest. Every once in a while she'd rock on the balls of her feet, trying to keep them from feeling too stiff. That was the problem with these long, boring change of command ceremonies. It was a lot of 'Hurry up and wait' to be done. Hopefully, it wouldn't last an entire hour.

If it did, Janes was sooo going to buy them all drinks.

VanceCaydence

Engineer, Caydence Naval Yards
Objective: The Change Over of the Guard
Allies: [member="Zark"], [member="Choli Vyn"], [member="Asmus Janes"], [member="Owen Holst"], [member="Kal Blonde"], [member="Allyson Locke"]

Hangar Deck

*Vance stood among the other crewmembers of the Rebel's Hope, even as the Captain walked in and stood nearby; the room now resounding with raucous laughter and gasps of disbelief (and no small measure of horror). Apparently, Janes had been involved in a rather raucous rescue attempt back on Adarlon. It was the home of the "Adarse Pirates" - or so they called themselves - who happened to have their hands on no fewer than three of the pilots of Rogue Squadron and were holding them for ransom. Janes - who was apparently well-known for his exploits at cheating in a game of "Naked Twister," as Vance had found out - had come up with an idea that would allow for several of the other members of the Squadron to sneak in uninhibited. It had called for some rather...unorthodox rescue techniques, to be sure. Apparently the idea had been for Asmus to come in as a traveling show and put on an act for the pirates, "the likes of which they'd never seen." It had become an elaborate affair involving an old Cathar prostitute who favored honeycomb, a Toydarian with a penchant for performing sexual acts with a bowling pin, and - of all things - a dwarf-sized Ronto that he'd borrowed from a local circus. The CAG was part of the infiltration team, but saw enough of the act to give his hilarious description of the events.*

"[So, we'd already rescued our fellow squad-mates. There really was no reason for Janes to go on with the act any longer - but he was committed. The old Cathar lady was over on the one side, totally-spent from her romp with Janes and the Toydarian - who, mind you, was busy with his 'balancing act' on the bowling pin that was stuck up his choobs. The Ronto was off to the other side, scared and shivering from those unspeakable things that Janes had made him experience. The whole stage was covered in poodoo, various 'fluids', I think there was some blood thrown into the mix. And there, in the center of the makeshift stage-like area, was Janes - covered in Ronto poop and honeycomb with a grin on his face a mile wide. The --]" *He choked a little on his own laughter. Most everyone else had either joined in laughing or were too shocked to say or do anything.* "[-- The pirates were one-part horrified, two-parts entertained, it seemed! Half of 'em were standing up and clapping, and the leader was right there with 'em! Oh, and get this...so, the 'captain' of the pirates had been clapping and scratching his head. He congratulated Janes on a 'performance well-done' before he called out to him, and he asked him 'What the kriff do you even call your little act?!?']"

*Bo laughed a bit more, and then set himself up for the dramatic ending.*

"[Janes - who looked prouder of himself than anyone I'd ever seen do a reverse-handstand when kriffing a Ronto - all sprawled out on the floor...he looked up at the captain, smiling, and all he could manage to say were two karkin' words -- 'The Aristocrats!']"

*The floor seemed to erupt in laughter and a little applause. All eyes were on Janes, of course, who was now being seen in a completely different light by more than a few of them, to be sure. Vance - also laughing - could hardly believe the things he'd heard. Still, if there was one thing he'd known for certain, it was that the Rogues were certainly a group of characters. Illunto Bo had finished his own bout of applause when he raised his hand, indicating Asmus in his gesture.*

"[Folks, I kid around with the story, but the fact remains - Asmus had gone the extra parsec to distract those guys, and we'd managed to save our fellow Rogue Squadron members with zero fatalities that day. Of course, I'd likely have tried to come up with something - anything - of an alternative approach; but Janes had certainly held their attention well enough for us to do our jobs. He's put himself on the line for us time and again, and I wouldn't have anyone else stepping up to fill in our former Commander's shoes than [member="Asmus Janes"]. Congratulations, LT. You've certainly earned it!]"

*Everyone seemed to break out in applause again as Illunto Bo stepped away from the podium, making way for whoever was next.*

Kal Blonde

You gonna bark all day little doggie? Or are you g
Xagobah Orbit
Alliance Carrier | Hanger Bay

The pilot followed the others to the front of the stage, and made sure to stand on the end. He wasn't really with Rogue Squadron in the first place, and felt he'd have been called out as some kind of a-hole if he'd tried to sit next to any of the others. Rather than risk the embarrassment, he just stood quietly as a man yammered away some kind of vaguely amusing anecdote which he proceeded to clap to. Was it done? Was there someone else about to come on? For karks sake, how long had this borefest been going? Kal leaned over to the others, "How long does this poodoo usually take?" he asked.

Objective: The Shattered Lands
|12|

Team Cresh would roll out onto the caldera with several hover vehicles. Mareies Foe, a Hoo'din Researcher with Mara TibX working in conjunction with PharmaTech was in charge of this particular scouting expedition. He had several researcher droids, capable to gathering several samples from the caldera.

The amount of damage was subsantial, but like all things with life, it adapts. While there were high levels of toxcity, there were also high levels of saline. There were a variety of single celled organisms that are able to thrive in such an environment. Areas such as Vjun, Keris, Corellia, and other planets that PharmaTech and MaraTibx had worked in the past had found these organisms to be very beneficial to their research. Genetic modification had allowed these organisms to be able to be seeded throughout the caldera and have them work at naturally detoxifying the landscape.

For now, several teams within Team Cresh were moving throughout the caldera to get the exact levels of pH, toxicity, and a query on current wildlife.

Bridge, Unyielding-class Command Cruiser Rebel's Hope
High Orbit, Xagobah, Mayagil Sector, Outer Rim
Flight Deck
| 13|
[member="Kal Blonde"]

Choli heard in passing what the shortstack Second Lieutenant was asking. Another half snort and the young teenager went leaning forward to murmur beside him.

"Maybe forty-five minutes," she whispered with a mischevious glow in her brown eyes. "They'll keep yammering away to fluff up the new Squadron Commander." she gave a shake of her head, she couldn't believe that they told that story. Oh they had plenty of ribbings to give to Janes when word got out, but now the whole bloody ship knew about it.

The guffaws and the chortles would continue around them, riling up the crowd as the applause continued. It was now time for [member="Asmus Janes"] himself to come up there.

"Hopefully, the new Rogue Leader won't be windbaging it too much." she told [member="Kal Blonde"].

Asmus really wished Allyson wouldn't keep making fun of the nose. He knew it had healed straight, but every single time she brought it up he would end up checking it in a mirror within a few hours. The problem was that she knew it too.

And then he had to stand straight as a pole through the story. All the elements were there, but the CAG had taken some liberties in making it even more extreme. But then, that was the point of The Aristocrats.

It had all being going on too long for his liking now. When he'd been promoted last time all he'd received was a letter. Asmus stepped up and turned to face his peers.

"I can't describe how much of an honour it is to become Rogue Leader. But I can say I'll enjoy telling you lot what to do as well as the modest pay rise."

That last comment brought some odd looks.

"Which is why it's only fair that I get the first round for everyone. Let's get pissed!"

It brought a disapproving looking for a couple of higher ups, but then how else would Janes ever celebrate a promotion?

Objective: Test out a new strain of Sithspawn (per the added objective to attack my lab on Xagobah)
Allies: None (stats of creatures are in the first post by me in the thread)
Enemies: GA people investigating [member="Asmus James"] [member="Zark"] [member="Choli Vyn"] [member="Owen Holst"] [member="Allyson Locke"] [member="Kal Blonde"] [member="Vance Caydence"]

While the facility itself was now crawling with the Sithspawn, most of the facility staff had gotten onto their transports were preparing to leave the planet for the main lab on that frozen moon in the Unknown Regions. Most... but not all. The last transport for the staff was on the landing pad, the ramp open as they ascended it, talking and discussing the next project for their employer and master. The tests on the Sluissi had started them down an interesting project road and they had been green lit, with the Sith overseeing everything, to help develop a whole line of Sithspawn based on what they had developed here.

"I'm afraid this is where we part ways, Doctor," Eldaah said, stopping the head scientist from getting onto the transport. Those already on board looked up and watched the scene play out, none of them truly caring about their colleague. He had never understood that they were furthering the evolution of a species into something far greater than they were.

"You're leaving me here?!" he asked, shock and horror on his face.

"It's nothing personal, Doctor, but my Master sees no further use in keeping this working arrangement as active," Eldaah replied. From the open facility doors, two of the corrupted Sluissi emerged. The Doctor saw them emerging and panic gripped him. Before he could plead his case to her, to argue that he would serve willingly, Eldaah made a gesture with her hand and through the dark side of the Force... two spines were quickly lodged in the doctor's chest and he was left on the landing pad as the transport took off.

"Activate protocol A-Z 547," she said into a comlink, reclining back in her seat.

On a bulk freighter leaving the system, several containers would start to open in the cargo hold, awakening several of the corrupted Sluissi that had been smuggled onto the freighter. They quickly broke out of storage and started to massacre the crew, most of whom had been among the criminals she had employed to run the kidnapping operation. A distress signal would start transmitting, pre-recorded by Eldaah, tempting those Alliance assets in system to search the large freighter for signs of survivors and what might have happened.

"Alert! Alert! This is the Zayden Star! Something has gotten on board our ship! They're slaughtering everyone! We need help! Please! Nooooo!"

"That's not good: the pH would suggest acidity beyond what is normal. Looks like the fuel spill had the effect of many years of acid rains dropped all at once as far as environmental damage is concerned"

"What do you mean, acidity beyond what is normal? 3 or 4?"

"Precisely"

"Great, I must assume the ground is highly saline by now, and that strong acids are in play here. Desalinization is a necessary evil for reconstruction, and that's the expensive part"

On Azure, where acid rains are not nearly as problematic as is the case on several other planets, the pH of rainfall is about 5.6-6.0. On most terrestrial planets similar to Athos IV, a pH of 3-4 in rainfall was already considered highly problematic, and Cathul was told that rather quickly. Plus if what she knew about titration was correct, strong acids with weak bases were analytical operations where one needed to know the pKa and the acid concentration. She could always try strong bases but that would amount to doing more damage than was already done, and she didn't want that. There had to be some readily-available chemical, some solution that could be used for decontamination. But, while genetically-engineered bacteria are useful on a lot of levels, they are expensive to deploy. She knew that some manufacturers existed around the galaxy for that, though. Just that Cathul began to calculate how much each solution they intend to put forward, cost.

Post 5​

There was a look of disbelief all over Owen’s face as he listened to the story about Asmus, the honey, the… Well ‘The Aristocrats!’ as it would eventually be forever immortalized as. Mainly because in the end that would be the one line that the drugged little pilot would remember the most before the sedatives kicked in again. A very prominent calm seeped over Owen and he just merely leaned in and enjoyed the ride. He laughed with everyone else, snickered and smirked as the story came to an end.

Eventually Asmus took the stage. Walked over to better speak with them all. Tremendous honor, modest pay raise…

… Slow blink. Content smile.

“-Let’s get pissed!” The call came.

“Lieutenant Vyn gets my round.” Owen said, looking over at Junior (read: Choli) and then back at whoever was listening. “Doc says no drinking, no fighting, no poking at the stitches or bruise, no-... Well, you get the idea.”

Objective: Change Over of the Guard
Allies: Asmus Janes [member="Choli Vyn"] [member="Owen Holst"] [member="Vance Caydence"] [member="Kal Blonde"] [member="Allyson Locke"] [member="Zark"]

"Modest[/] pay rise!" Asmus reiterated. "If you're not drinking you can have a soft drink on my, Choli doesn't get a double!"

And so the brave Rogues made their way towards their favourite place: the officer's mess. Even as they went, Asmus receiving many back slaps along the way, the distress call had reached the command centre. Within two minutes of the message coming through, it went dark.

"Locke, give me a hand carrying the first round?" He asked. "So how's it going with Kaile?" He added once they were making their way for the bar. He would manage to hide at least eighty percent of the disappointment from his features if she told him it was going well. Couldn't blame Asmus for being himself any more than you could a leopard for its spots. It had been a long time since shore leave after all, since their rights had been taken away after the bar fight.

Hira Mitsae

Ain't No Rest For The Wicked
Objective: Aggressive Negotiations
Allies: [member="Aeron Kreelan"] | [member="Chaal Narsadal"] | [member="HK-36"]
|7|

There was little regard in those eyes, neither in the way her mouth formed words.

Bitter tug at the corner, like she had just swallowed something foul. He wasn't a mentalist though, barely could trick any minds, just inspire them when the time was right. Point was, Sardun didn't know what he had done and at the end of the day it mattered little. All that mattered was that they got the job done, one way or the other.

"Succinctly put." Sardun responded, face completely devoid of any humor, yet there was just a hint at his tone in reply to her Tch.

His eyes left hers and instead roamed at the forward base, the flurry of movement of the mercenaries of the Pyre, the freelancers and volunteers wishing to get even or get a head out of this.

Money, vengeance, justice, there were many reasons for the road... yet they all led to the same destination.

Only thing that was different was the journey to it, but that only was important, wasn't it?

"Grand Marshal Rhen has requested me to aid the Pyre's efforts here, Prex Kreelan." The Master then responded again. "I am yours to command for the duration of this operation."

And then Michael simply awaited orders.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
FO4quick_zpsmaim2lsz.png

Dancing River Lights
Powered Armored Construction

"You're familiar with the Mark IV's, yes?"

His was the deep commanding voice of a male Zabrak. Light pale skin, deep rippling shoulders, and jagged horns for hair. Master Tam Ba'tin was nothing short of awe inspiring. Yet even more so was his tall commanding presence when equipped in Mark IV Powered Armour. Tasking a large metal hand to wave in the direction of the empty suit beside him.

"Well Roberts? ...Climb aboard! Ha."

The eyes of the Force Master beamed at his request,

"Absolutely!"

It was time for a change of pace.

Together the two titanium titans strolled through the long corridors of Athos newest deep construction. A dwarf fortress being clawed out of the mountain. A new hanger bay with class and style. Swiftly rode our heroes in metal frames. With neither gravity nor weary legs to torture them. Metal plates over reinforced thrustered limbs and every footfall was a heavy cascade. Ha. They rode these hallways in style. Stomp stomp stomp. Yea. They rode in power armour.

"Well? I see you've done this before Master Roberts. The rookies never seem to grasp the stride."

"Never fear Master Ba'tin. This cowgirl has saddled and rode many a wild horse before. I can keep up."

The horned Jedi smiled inside his thundering and helmed monstrosity,

"Good. Good. You'll need that confidence where we're going."

"Oh? And where is that Master Jedi? As, I take it we're not just taking out these fusion suits for a leisure stroll eh?"

His giant metal paw hand pointed down towards the light at the end of the tunnel.

"Why. Out into the river of course. Time to get a little deep surveying in. ...Heh. Seal your suits exo-frame Master Roberts. This might get a little wet."

"Oh my?"

Together the two iron giants rode out from the tall walkways of the deep hanger and into the shallow light of day. High, high up in the mountain precipice. Their grated metal perch overlooked the valley. And the river.

"Alright now. Feet first. Nice and easy. Out into the steep waters. Let the high gravity of Athos do the work for you. Your legs will absorb the shock. Don't worry."

"I know. I know. I won't even feel it. ...Well. After you Ba'tin."

"Ha! Ladies first then! ...Woop woop!"

Laughing as he went. The horned Master leapt out from their tall mountain spire and flew into oblivion. Falling swiftly in good form. Coming crashing down into the water below with a tremendous splash. Whoosh! Splash! With water to fill the air. His metal suit was already sinking swiftly to the river bottom.

Just the way they wanted it.

"Well. Okay. Here we go!"

The giant metal being she was. Karen clamored and rode up to the edge. Leaping out into the void and sailing into the sun.

Whoosh! Splash!

Deep into the water. Mm, yeah. Just another day in Galactic Alliance Construction. Dig it.

_____

|2|

Cathul feels much better now: her headaches are much more manageable. Chain-firing Electric Judgment took a lot of her brainpower to use. Much more than calculating the cost of decontaminating plots of land. It meant that the painkillers have kicked into her, but she has to remain awake. Hopefully the painkillers are strong enough to relieve the pain, but not enough to make her fall asleep. But, while under the effects of painkillers, her brain is slowing down somehwat, so it takes longer to perform the calculations that she faced. Desalinating land was a major component of what to expect when doing stuff like that. But that had to come after the removal of contaminants: salinity tends to remain when classical or cost-effective methods of decontamination were in use. She wanted to mend fences with the Malastarian Council and the rest of the Alliance, she'd better act like a proper Jedi, and not only in real estate terms. She was a little dizzy when the calculations finally came out. She had to announce that to the whole team.

"By the Force! The cost of decontaminating a square kilometer of the Shattered Lands is going to be well over 5 million credits!"

"Not all the area is contaminated all the same. You budgeted for the worst-case scenario"

"Fair enough. Just that we still have to budget for the worst - better budget for the worst when decontaminating land, and, from there, rebuild the area"

"You talked about how industrial properties had different environmental standards"

"Defense industries won't be the same as pharmaceuticals: the former are held to much lower standards than the latter, if only by the nature of what they manufacture: the latter need to be held at the standard of residential-zoned land, if not more stringent"

Objective: Investigate Distress Signal from the Zayden Star
Allies: [member="Asmus Janes"] [member="Choli Vyn"] [member="Owen Holst"] [member="Vance Caydence"] [member="Kal Blonde"] [member="Allyson Locke"]
2/25

Flight Deck

After Asmus's remarks and the uncomfortable laughter it drew forth from the senior officers present, there had been a brief ceremony where Captain Pulsar had presented Rogue Leader's new rank insignia to the CAG, who pinned them on the pilot himself, and Commander Asmus Janes was presented to his squadron for the first time to a round of hearty applause. Zark had then begun to speak the few modest words he had prepared for the occasion, only to be drowned out by the chatter from the celebrating Rogues in what he assumed was another round of the ongoing hazing process. He tried to understand, to see things from their perspective, that he was an outsider and so far for the most part an unknown element, but he couldn't help but allow them the victory of eliciting a slight glower. Those present milled around for a few minutes longer in friendly conversation, before inevitable the suggestion was made for the pilots to adjourn to the officers' mess. The Captain had generally given officers' country a wide berth since he had taken over the post, but as he watched the wise cracking Janes leave the hangar he wondered if he would have to revisit that policy.

All in all things had ended a lot sooner than Zark had expected, so he set a leisurely pace on a circuitous route back towards the bridge as he followed the pilots out not longer after. This was a habit he had been fond of in his privateering days but never seemed to have the time for these days. Just walking the halls of his ship, encountering the crew in their daily routines, and catch up as best he could. Now more of them were strangers than not, and the Jedi found himself wondering just how one of the indulgences that had kept him in this line of work to begin with had somehow become an inconvenience. When it came down to it, a ship was a ship, and to a competent commander one was the same as any other. But to be a true captain meant knowing your ship inside and out, and that included the souls that crewed her. Loathe to return to the company of his executive officer for another round of verbal sparring, he found himself pausing at an observation deck halfway between the hangar and the bridge. From his perspective, Captain Pulsar could see the murky atmosphere of Xagobah below.

Zark had not meditated on the Force in a long time, for complicated reasons. But one characteristic that had persisted through the several very different lives he had led so far was a love of travel, and a sense of wonder at the galaxy. He found himself simply admiring the view, heedless of the fact that the world below him wasn't much to look at from above. Certainly there were thousands of planets throughout the galaxy with more marvelous views of the surface from orbit, but none of them were quite like this one. His gaze grew lost in the patterns and hues of the thick purplish mists that blanketed much of the surface from view, and enhanced Jedi extrasensory perception or not was genuinely startled when the angle began to shift and slowly but surely Xagobah grew smaller in the viewport. Confused as to why he wouldn't have been notified that his own ship was leaving orbit, Captain Pulsar glanced down at his chronometer and blanched at how much time he had idled away. Hurrying towards the bridge, he pulled out his comm link when the klaxons began to sound in the corridors signifying action stations.

"Pulsar to bridge, what's happening?"

"You better get up here, Captain," responded the voice of his third officer, Arix.

"On my way."

Bridge

"Shouldn't we wait for the Captain?" Arix asked, once the transmission was severed on his end of the comm link.

"You heard that distress call," Commander Stazi grunted, not taking his eyes from the display at the station in front of him, "Every second we delay reduces our chances of rescuing survivors, and we're one of the fastest ships in this system."

The cyborg Jedi Padawan said nothing, and after a pregnant pause with no response the duros officer turned to look up at him at last.

"This isn't personal," Mazik said, heedless of those around them, "If the Captain were here he'd make the same choice and you know it."

All work within earshot froze momentarily as the two senior officers stared each other down, then Arix nodded slightly and turned towards the comm station.

"Alert Mr. Caydence we have need of his services at once," he ordered, "Scramble all fighters, and have the dropships prepped and on standby. We're in search and rescue mode people!"

The bridge erupted into activity as the Rebel's Hope hurtled towards the last known coordinates of the Zayden Star. Several decks below, in the officers' mess, the call was out to Rogue Squadron. It was time to suit up and go to work.

VanceCaydence

Engineer, Caydence Naval Yards
Objective: Have a Drink, then Get to Work
Allies: [member="Zark"] | [member="Asmus Janes"] | [member="Choli Vyn"] | [member="Owen Holst"] | [member="Kal Blonde"] | [member="Allyson Locke"]

Mess Hall

*Vance had followed most of the group toward the mess, remaining as much a part of the action as he was mostly an outsider. He held no illusions that he was the FNG, and knew that the best he could hope for was to do his job to the best of his ability so that his efforts would be viewed by his peers in an approving light. It was the way of things, it seemed. Vance stood, dressed in his officer's finery, headgear tucked beneath his left, dominant arm. He surveyed the mess, a flurry of activity and revelry, and managed to grab the drink he ordered just before another far-thirstier looking fellow was aiming to grab it. He shrugged apologetically at the gent, who was giving him the sort of look one does when they've lost a big hand of pazaak. The glass of amber-colored liquor, a fine scotch that he'd enjoyed on a couple of occasions already, was something of a reminder of home for him. During his scant evenings at the "Crow's Nest", the owner of the establishment - a Zeltron that went by the name of Aedon Montrose - had made certain that Vance enjoyed the best of his private stock. It was a means of thanking him for the attention that Vance devoted to fixing up Aedon's old ship, an old derelict Consular-class vessel that he called the "Veritas".*

*Slaking his desire for the liquor with a large sip, he let the familiar flavor settle over his tongue before swallowing. The smooth burn was a gentle reminder that he was meant to be relaxing, and as he looked over the crowd gathered in the mess, he really wanted to do just that.* The first step is always the hardest. *He told himself, as he began to move and mingle in the crowd. He'd stop to visit with a few of his deck crew that were present in the mess, enjoying more of the scotch as he went. Just as he was beginning to make it over to the small gathering of Rogue Squadron, he felt his comm link going off in his jacket pocket. Reaching in, he grasped the device, pulling it to his ear to answer it.*

"Chief Caydence, reporting."

*The voice came in the form of one of the bridge officers in charge of the comms.*

:: Chief, this is a Priority One alert. Prep the starboard deck for immediate departure. Rogue Squadron is ordered to scramble all fighters, immediately! ::

"Aye, sir!"

:: Launch orders are being forwarded to your station currently. Good hunting out there, Chief. ::

"Aye, thank you, sir. Caydence, out."

*Looking to Rogue Squadron, he gave them the nod. They were also receiving scramble orders via the comms officers, and Vance knew it was only a moment before things were going to become hectic. Immediately turning about-face, he quickly found the eyes of his deck team, and gave them the signal to move out. Removing his headgear, Vance placed the cap atop his head, and moved quickly toward the exit.*

Hangar Deck

*It seemed like only a few moments between the mess and the hangar deck, but Vance knew that it was exactly five minutes at full-sprint to get here from there. The din of the deck was already beginning to pick up, as the alarm klaxons began to resound over the speakers. Vance was already shouting orders to his fellow crew members, and those orders were being carried out to the letter. When he reached his station, he tossed the officer's cap onto the nearest workbench before starting to unfasten his jacket. The dark shirt beneath it would be enough to give him free range of movement; but the officer's jacket just wouldn't suffice. Bays One, Two, and Three were at-the-ready and moving into scramble positions. Vance's brow furrowed as he moved toward Bay Four, shouting further down the way for the next two bays to begin their prep work. It wouldn't be too long before he would need to shift to the port-side hangar to ready the dropships; but for now, he needed all of his attention on readying the Rogues.*

Objective: Duty Calls Once More.
Allies: The Galactic Alliance, Rogue Squadron, [member="Zark"], [member="Asmus Janes"], [member="Choli Vyn"], [member="Owen Holst"], [member="Kal Blonde"], [member="Allyson Locke"].

Peering out into the bespeckled canvas of night, cast in the azure hues of an activated force field, Lucius had found himself on the opposite side of the hangar bay, far away from the proceedings of the ceremony and alone with his thoughts.

While he had longed for the camaraderie of the Squadron, the pilot was still reeling from his time spent in captivity. Many nights were spent awake, clawing at the sheets and screaming as phantom blades assailed his flesh. Was it any wonder they had pushed his quarters further and further away from his comrades? No. They needed to sleep, just as he did - and as the walls seemed to be thinner than the pilot would’ve liked - Lucius accepted the transfer of beds without hesitation, hoping to find some comfort in each new domicile. When it didn’t come, the man buried himself in his duties. He worked with several engineers on the Deployment Hangar Deck, and while his comrades toured the stars - the Silver crested Padawan spent his days repairing his sundered Starfighter, bringing it back into serviceable condition. Parts were swapped out, and replacements were fabricated. It would’ve been easier to submit a request for another X-wing, but having heard some rumors around the Defense Force - the request would’ve been denied. Something about several of the higher ups being unimpressed with the combat capabilities of the Rogues. Crashed fighters cost precious credits, and it seemed the Squadron had an unhealthy habit of wrecking their mechanical steeds more often than they’d like.

Though he had only been a party to two of those collisions, the Albinoid wondered just how many they added in the time he had been absent. Chuckling softly, and tearing his gaze away from the depthless ocean of infinity, Lucius turned in time to see his Squadmates funnel out of the Hangar bay. Most likely heading towards the Officer’s mess, He mused. Most likely to drink, yet again. It didn’t matter, for they would spend their time as they saw fit. That was their right, and there was nothing he could do but only follow along in muted silence. They allowed him to take several leaves of absence, more than he should’ve gotten, and for that - he felt liked he owed them in some manner or another. Well, at least enough to cover their six when the time was right, rather than let them morph into a blossoming flower of fire as a better Pilot allowed his weapons to sing true. Lucius shook his head as the grim image supplanted the earlier calm, seeking to deny the thought purchase. There would be a time and place for that, but as they were eager to welcome their New Commander in with opened arms - Death had no place here.

When the call to action had been sounded, the silver crowned pilot found himself running towards the Locker Room like he had so many times before. His feet moved of their accord, and within moments he was standing before the standing chest bearing his name. A thin layer of dust hung upon the nameplate, leaving him to wonder just how preserved the contents within were. Unlocking the door and pulling it free, Lucius coughed as he was showered from head to toe in in the ochre soot. After the dust had settled, the pilot adorned himself in his old fatigues and fashioned his flight vest into place with a series of audible clicks. It felt right to wear the faded orange suit, and even more so as he withdrew his old helmet from it’s resting place. The months hadn’t been kind to his gear, but as he crowned himself with the grime-encrusted ivory helm - He felt whole again.

Objective: Change Over of the Guard
Allies: [member="Asmus Janes"] [member="Choli Vyn"] [member="Owen Holst"] [member="Vance Caydence"] [member="Kal Blonde"] [member="Allyson Locke"] [member="Zark"]

Allyson grabbed ahold of the drinks that Asmus had ordered and followed him. She decided to give him a break on the nose comments, he was on cloud 9 with his promotion and everything in between. Smiling she mused about Kaili and his question. “She’s doing pretty well. Things with us got a bit rough for a bit - she’s stubborn...I’m stubborn, but in the end it worked out for the most part.” A soft blush danced across Locke’s cheeks as she sighed softly. Being away from the blonde was tough, but they had holo calls and random games. Still nothing was the same with out being with her.

Asmus on the other hand, had his way with her and was a tempting fellow especially with the lack of shore leave. She walked with him and grazed his arm with her elbow slightly. That odd tingling sensation bubbled through her and she sighed softly. Asmus had his ways, but Kaili had her heart.

Before she could say anything, something alerted them and the drinks were probably going to have to wait. Frowning, Allyson grabbed hers and downed it quickly hoping none of the higher ups noticed. “Looks like celebrating may have to wait, don’t tell the Ca--....Feth” A guilty look and she grasped Asmus hand and dragged him along with her to the hanger deck.

Hanger Deck

Suited up and with her comm and helmet in her hand, she sent a message to Kaili. Knowing oddly that the message would probably get to her while she was asleep, but it was a routine she had established. It meant good luck and when your number was 13...you needed all the luck you could get. Sighing softly she sent the message and awaited her briefing. Eyes glanced towards Asmus, who would be the one leading them into whatever chaos was going down.

It was going to be odd now having Owen with her...he had saved her life more than once...she owed the kid something. Feth Owen, get better I need you out there…

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom