Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Forgotten

Kahlil_Div2.png

"It's been a long, long time."

Kahlil stared down at the planet now that the Bastion had dropped out of hyperspace. Even just above it, he could feel the chill. The planet was a void of it's own, bristling cold and yet very much a blazing desert. It was because of the Force. Of how dark and twisted it had been. He knew nothing of it's history, only that it was called the Valley of Forgotten Lords. It was the only place he could think to hide the last of his ties to the Sith, and perhaps some of the most dangerous. He looked to Valery, giving her a brief smile before looking to the other ships that had come with them.

The Epicanthix who followed him.

"We can't stay on the surface for too long. The weak willed will be consumed by.. Whatever happened here. So we'll take the ships and head home."

Valery Noble Valery Noble

Valley of Forgotten Lords
div-orange.png
Outfit: Operative Suit | Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Ship: Link
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsaber | Double-Bladed Lightsaber
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

<I mean no offense, but was it wise to bring your wife here?>

The voice of another Epicanthix squad leader called out to Kahlil, and his tone did show actual concern, rather than venom in an attempt to insult his wife. <Our minds are resilient, but hers is not.> He, of course, wasn't aware of Valery's past as a Jedi Shadow, and the Keshian decided to leave it to Kahlil. She just pouted and started at the communications unit with an annoyed glare. Outside the Epicanthix, there was no stronger mind.

And unlike most Epicanthix, she was far more aware of attempts being made to manipulate.

"You make it sound simple, but I have a feeling it won't be. Should we leave one ship up here? In case something happens to us down below, they can call in reinforcements." She smiled at him, but she knew the Epicanthix would rather not be stuck up here waiting.

"Either way, I'm ready, love."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"It's not out minds that will be consumed. Don't rely on what you are while we're down there, or you'll die."

It didn't matter if they were Epicanthix. The planet devoured life itself, not the mind. It's what made this such a good planet to hide his ships on. That, and there were no star charts with the world on it.

"Leaving one ship would be ideal. There shouldn't be anything alive down there, but that's it's own problem if the droids have malfunctioned."

div-orange.png
Weapons:

"I'm amazed you even found this place again," Valery muttered after she gave the sign for one ship to dtay behind. The Epicanthix here trusted and followed Kahlil, but she had felt uncertain about how they'd feel towards her. She was technically the outsider, though the people never made her feel like one.

As Kahlil's wife and a renowned warrior, they respected her.

"I'd rather not stay here for long though. So bring us down and let's do this." She held out her hand, so that as soon as he was ready, she could take it and squeeze it. She just wouldn't walk out hand-in-hand in front of all the others.

"And uh, what droids are down there?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

"I'd rather not have."

It was the last thing he wanted to do, be here. And yet there was no other choice. Not if he wanted to help his people. He guided the ship forward towards atmosphere, the cold sensation getting worse every second. "I couldn't station any troops here, but droids aren't affected by death. So there's a good number that man the ships to keep them ready for flight. If they haven't gone haywire, we should just be able to use them."

div-orange.png
Weapons:

Valery pursed her lips forward in thought and glanced back over after a moment, "Do you think my rune could help us here? I doubt I can just fix everything but if I were to restore life in our immediate area, maybe that can help keep us protected?" It was a theory worth testing unless Kahlil already knew it wouldn't work.

But he also knew how voids of death affected her. In absence of life, she was at her weakest and that meant going in here was a bit risky.

"I...hate this feeling," Valery said as they drew closer and the cold began to get worse. "How did this world become like this? Do you know?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

"I don't.. Know. It's not like my rune. This place isn't feeding the Force." If it was even feeding anything to begin with. He frowned a little more clearly as they landed close to where he'd hidden his star destroyers. Even now he could see them in the distance, looming forgotten in the shadow of a long dormant volcano that still seemed to spew white ash that looked like snow. With how cold the Force was here, it even felt like winter.

And yet, it was blisteringly hot regardless.

"I don't. I didn't explore this place much. I had plans to, but.. I left the Sith, left here. Not that I could stay on here long. Perhaps the droids I've left might have more insight."

div-orange.png
Weapons:

Valery nodded, "You think I should give it a shot?" It couldn't hurt to try and use the rune, right? Maybe it'd even change something about this wasteland of a world for good. Hopeful thinking, she knew, but she wouldn't be a Jedi if she didn't at least try to make things better.

Her fiery gaze then shifted to the volcano in the distance, and a soft sigh escaped her lips. She felt cold, then too hot again, and her breathing showed the discomfort it gave her. It wouldn't at all be enough to stop her, but she worried it was only going to get far worse from here.

"Getting those ships out could be hard if they have been here for a long time. Let's hope they don't need a ton of maintenance." She eyed him and offered a soft smile.

"We can definitely recover the memory cores of droids here. I'd like to learn as much as possible."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"No."

Kahlil shook his head. What happened on this planet, the effect they were feeling. It thirsted for the Force. "We should avoid using the Force as much as possible here. The planet itself will try to devour us for it." And the connection they had to the runes and what they could do would only make them that much more susceptible to the drain. He lead the way to the first ship, his hand resting on the hilt of his lightsaber.

Just in case.

"They shouldn't, again if the droids didn't malfunction."

Which he could already see something hadn't stayed right. The ship should've been in top condition. It wasn't. It wasn't in such disrepair that it looked like it hadn't been maintained at all, but it looked as if recently what was supposed to keep it clean was no longer.

Perhaps a year, maybe two.

"That's not a good sign."

div-orange.png
Weapons:

Valery nodded in understanding and let out a soft sigh, "Places like this are hard on me. It gives me a headache." She wouldn't let it stop her, not when she wanted to help her husband out with something Important like this. But she was going to have to pace herself and really avoid using the Force if it was this bad of a planet to be.

She couldn't become a burden on him and this mission. They needed the ships. Speaking of which, they didn't look as good as she expected them to. Not that they were complete wrecks but she really hoped it would be possible to get them up safely. And since even Kahlil seemed a bit worried about it, she didn't know if that would be the case.

But they would find a way.

"You think this place may have gotten some visitors? Could explain the lack of droids. It... could also mean they stripped things off of your ships."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Visitors? No. But.."

His saber flashed up, knocking away a bolt that had been fired at them from the distance. A sniper, by all accounts. His eyes narrowed as he waited for another shot, but one didn't come. Instead, he saw the shooter stand. And run towards them. He raised a hand, stopping the Epicanthix behind them from shooting back. Soon enough, the droid that had fired them came to a halt before them and saluted.

"Master Zambrano. I apologize for the state your ships are in. The local fauna turned out to be incredibly hostile in the last year and took us by surprise."

"Noble. Not Zambrano." That explained the lack of repair. Kahlil let out a sigh, but nodded once. They couldn't stay here long, so they'd have to do what they needed. "Are the ships capable of exiting atmosphere?"

"Yes, Master Noble. Most of the ships were contained before the creatures spread. Unfortunately the flagship's bridge is infested. We can get the others in the air as required, but the bridge will have to be retaken."

"And the reason it's not retaken already?"

The droid blinked, before shuffling around almost nervously.

"They eat electricity, sir."

div-orange.png
Weapons:

Valery felt the danger as well, but left it to Kahlil to deflect the incoming bolt away. Her eyes then focused on the sniper and she knew the Epicanthix warriors with them would handle the threat with no trouble at all. Though the moment she realized there wasn't a Force presence, she understood.

It was one of the droids.

When the droid made its way over and addressed Kahlil as Master Zambrano, she felt her hands tightening into fists, and she wanted to say something. Kahlil beat her to it, however, and as strange as it perhaps was, she smiled a little. Just for a moment though, because the problem they would be facing became clear as well.

"Eat electricity? Will blasters and lightsabers work, then? They do still rely on power cells as well." Not that Valery and Kahlil needed their lightsabers to be effective, but throwing their people into this, only for their weapons to become useless... she wanted to avoid that.

"But we'll retake that bridge. Any other potential threats we might find?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

"They devour electronics by biting them. Unless you're planning to put your lightsaber in it's mouth, unignited, I'm sure you'll be fine."

Yes, the droid was absolutely giving her sass. Though a glare from Kahlil had the droid dip it's head in apology before looking towards the flagship in the distance. "We'll get the ships up, Master. I expect to see you in atmosphere soon?"

"Yes. That is all, for now."

Kahlil let out a sigh as the droid walked away before glancing back to the Epicanthix still waiting. He nodded once, raising a hand. Fall in. Ready up. They weren't going to be idle long, not with the planet itself trying to eat them.

"Let's move."

div-orange.png
Weapons:

Was she getting sass from a droid?

Kahlil would recognize the glare in her eyes — the sign that she was about to get feisty or sassy herself. But his own look aimed at the droid made it apologize, and they really didn't have time to mess around. She could feel this world tugging at her being, and while she could resist it for now, she wasn't going to take any risks.

"You think they'll be much of a threat to us if their whole thing is eating electricity?" Valery asked Kahlil once the droid left to prepare the other ships for take-off. "I do wonder what circumstances made these creatures develop that as their appetite. Or... maybe it should be worrying." Her mind was picturing beings made of electricity now, and while she had her ways of handling it, that would be a problem for warriors with blasters.

But it was all in her head right now.

The group then began to move for the flagship, and Valery started to feel a little on edge. She looked around as if she had heard someone calling out to her, and turned back to Kahlil to see how he felt. "This place. It's... so wrong."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"I'm wondering how they can survive this place."

It was alarming, to say the least, that there was a form of life that could survive the hunger of this planet. And on electricity of all things. Perhaps there was more natural storms here than he originally thought. Not that he wanted to stick around to study it. He reached out, squeezing Valery's shoulder to give her an encouraging smile before pressing on with the Epicanthix behind them. He'd already sent some of the more susceptible back to the ships to get them back in atmosphere, leaving them with just a squad of those he believed could survive the hunger.

"We'll leave soon. Don't worry."

div-orange.png
Weapons:

"I wish we could take some time to learn more. Maybe just us two could manage here for a while? Or we send droids..." She let out a soft sigh but managed a smile when Kahlil reached over and squeezed her shoulder. She immediately straightened her posture, forced herself to stand tall and strong, and walked by his side.

"I'll be okay. I want to do this with you and for you. And for our people." No matter what this planet threw at her, she wasn't going to fail him here. This was too important for the Epicanthix and therefore important to him.

These ships would provide security when the Alliance wasn't there to handle it.

"Are we just taking the front door in? Or perhaps a different approach?" She flashed a grin and looked up at the ships ahead of them.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"We don't want to damage anything more than necessary. We'll go through the front door, handle the creatures within it. Should be nice and quick." He glanced back to the Epicanthix with them, giving them a nod. They fell in line as he lead the way onto the ship, very much in military fashion. The paths themselves were clear. As the droid said, they'd been able to lock the creatures away on the bridge.

There at the door, he glanced back to the others. Gave another single nod. On his count. Three, two, he opened the door, and within the insectoid creatures hissed aloud in anger. Mantis like, green and angry. Kahlil ignited his blade as the others behind him opened fired.

div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Weapons:

"Nice and quick, right..." She smiled but didn't seem entirely convinced about it. Nothing was ever quick and simple when it required the Sword and Shield to work together. Whether it was this world and the way it tried to eat the Force or the creatures that dwelled here — something was going to give them some trouble, she felt. But it didn't stop her from being ready, and as soon as the bridge doors opened, she pulled out her blaster.

She wanted to use them more and this was a good opportunity.

"Ugh..." Valery muttered when she spotted the creatures, and without wasting a second, she fired two bolts and hit both. There was a proud grin on her face when she landed those shots, and she couldn't stop herself from briefly glancing at Kahlil, to check if he had seen it too.

But with the insectoids drawing closer, Valery pulled her lightsaber into her hand, ignited the violet blade, and charged forward to cut them up and provide the Epicanthix with cover.

"These aren't too bad!" she called out to her husband.

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil brought up his own blaster to fire away, just as the Epicanthix did behind them. The initial wave was quickly dispatched, but that wasn't the problem of the creatures like this. They were quick. too quick. He frowned as he fired at another that had just about pounced on him before he brought out his saber to pierce through the next. And immediately realized they were already adapting as he caught sight of one ripping off a panel deeper within to act like a shield.

"They're smart! Cryo grenades. Stop them from moving!"

And cryo wouldn't ruin the bridge anymore than it already had been.

div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Weapons:

They were using objects as shields now?

Valery blinked and took a step back to guard the Epicanthix warriors while they readied their grenades. It left them vulnerable for just a moment, and these creatures seemed to realize that. Two of them charged forward, but Valery cut them down immediately and watched the grenades hit their targets. Some of the insectoids used panels or consoles on the bridge to shield themselves against it, but there was still an opening to exploit.

Valery finally broke off from the main group to act as Sword and cut her way through a line of creatures. They weren't all struck by her blade, but now they had a Jedi behind them to worry about. Their response came swift, however, as several panel-shielded creatures tried to force her into a corner.

"Press forward now!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom