Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Force Blind Master

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

tumblr_pc0e7cUYVg1tovmb9o2_400.gifv

Equipment: Casual Longcoat, Jax's Prosthetic Arm, Promise Ring to Jairdain
Tag: Salis Salis

It almost felt like years since Jax last sat down.

The moment Jax entered the small Cantina and sat on the stool, his tense muscles, the worried look he wore throughout his journey back to the Core Worlds has eroded away. Maybe it was because he was finally at a safe location away from the many thugs that tried to kill Jax. Maybe it was because that Jax finally had a direction, seek help from the Church of Force as rumor has it, they found a Force Nexus somewhere in the Core Worlds. Either way, Jax was happy to finally relax and focus on himself.

Being without the Force was still devastating as if he lost a piece of soul. For years, he took the Force for granted taking in the harmonious nature and chaos of the Force. When he lost that connection, it was if the crystal-clear waterfall that Jax often imagined whenever he allowed the Force to flow through him was nothing more than a dry basin. No water flowed, the fish had died and rotten away and Jax was in the middle of it all heart full of regret and wondering how he could pick up the pieces.

"Hey mac," Jax tugged the sleeve of a young man named: Shoan Dystra. "Gimmie a cup of Whiskey please."

It felt wrong going unarmed and unarmored in a place like this, or any place really. She did wear shell spider silk, and that did indeed provide her a good amount of protection for where it covered. But still...wrong. Unarmed was what most bothered her. But she was trying to avoid starting fights. And the only way to really make sure of that, was to make it more difficult to do so. Thus, unarmed. And if a fight did start, she'd try her utmost not to use her enjoyment of it to make it easy. Which meant it would likely be exceedingly hard as she'd spend more time trying to not enjoy herself than actually fighting, which came very naturally otherwise.

However, gambling and drinks didn't require the force, certainly not much focus on it if she did use it. She was trying to treat it not as an exciting thing but just...relaxing. She'd done it before, surely it wouldn't still trouble her. Her mood was questionable. Denying ones want for anything, especially when it had never been denied before, could be extremely hard. Delayed. But never truly denied. And she was slightly more irritable or exhausted as a result. But she knew that was just going to be a part of the process. She had to be patient, something she also sometimes struggled with.

She took in and let out a breath at a loss. A simple game, it was just Pazaak. Easy. But sometimes the decks were just not on your side. And she wanted to play it properly and not just...cheat her way through it all. They couldn't prove she was trying to see the future. And even if they could, there wasn't much they could do but kick her out. But still, she wanted to play fair. The stakes weren't high, for her money anyway, and she was doing good at striking even or with a good profit.

Then she felt something...familiar, but wrong. She turned around to see Jax Thio Jax Thio . "Why do you feel...empt-" Her mouth dropped open slightly, "No...surely not."

She held up a hand to stop from being dealt into the next hand and brought her drink with her to sit down by Jax and put a hand on his shoulder, looking to Shoan, "I'll pay for the first few." she said throwing a good few extra credits on the counter before looking at him, "Well, I wasn't expecting to see you here...how are things?"

Friendly chatter was fine with her. Sure, normally if she met a jedi in the wild she'd absolutely just go for the kill. Just in case they could hold their own. But talking to people in cantinas, strangers or not, was perfectly normal to her.

Equipment: Clothing made of Shell_spider_silk, Wrist_link with up to date commlink and chrono, Stun Pearl earings.

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

Jax craned his head just in time to see a familiar face placing credits on the table. "Salis?" Jax asked shocked to see the former assassin here. The Force has a funny way of bringing people back together. He liked to think that maybe the Force hadn't completely abandoned him but right now Jax wasn't sure what to think any more.

"Damn...... How long has it been?" Jax smiled scooting his chair next to the woman. "I promised you that I would train you along with Myvette Faeli Myvette Faeli after I returned from Empress Teta."

He sighed when Shoan came and delivered the drinks. "Things happened during the battle," Jax continued grabbing his glass. "Which ended with me losing my ability to use the Force. Now I ended up in the fringes of the Outer Rim and I'm struggling to get back home."

Jax Thio Jax Thio

"A bit." she said, though she wasn't quite sure how much time had actually passed. Didn't feel long enough for something this drastic, but hey. Maybe that just took one bad day. Indeed, training. That was very much needed, she was struggling with the light side. Her saber skills remained quite excellent but...using the force was complicated. Some things came more naturally but she struggled regardless. She pointed a finger at him, "Indeed you did, should get on that before I change my mind and you regret it." she joked with a warning look before smiling, "Kidding, naturally."

She listened to his short version of the story, lost his use of the force, and now trying to get back home. Salis sighed looking at her own drink and spinning it back and forth slightly in her hands, "Yeah, I thought that might be what I felt. Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, can't save I've gone through that, I never had to try and get it back and don't know anyone who did...at least that I can remember...right now." She hummed taking a sip of her drink and waving a finger in the air, "Ah, hm, I can however help you get home if you don't mind me knowing where it is. I have a ship you know, well...two, but only one with a hyperdrive."

A...thought entered her mind, a memory. She'd been around for awhile and dealt with a good amount of the criminal underworld. She remembered a rather peculiar individual and his creations. She didn't know him well, but she'd learned of some of his creations later on. He was a potential target for her but his combat skill was never something that was really clear to her, since he usually operated through proxies or with allies. "There...might be a way...though, with the force I mean. It might not be easy to really find him, but, he's some kind of alchemist and biologist. He's made things, entire new species, pretty sure even weapons that allow some level or type of use of the force to regular people. We might be able to have y'all meet but uh, I can't say if you'd like him. He's kind of involved in the criminal underworld. And the first creature I know of that he made was kind of freaky. I thought it was neat but because they'd be good fun to fight, but pretty sure he's done better since then. He might have a way to help return your connection to the force."

Something else though, something about this place was tugging at her thoughts. She wandered what it was, not the drinks right? It wasn't just Jax, she could tell that much. Familiar again but not...right now at this time.

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

Jax chuckled at Salis' remark he didn't need the Force to tell that she was just jesting. In truth, he needed a laugh given what happened at Empress Teta, it was felt good to be reunited with a familiar face even if they only met for a short while. "You know Salis?" Jax said a warm smile forming on his face. "I really appreciate it if you take me back to the Core Worlds but first, I have to take care of this Force issue."

A frown formed on his face when Salis mentioned an alchemist who could help him regain his connection. Jax didn't like the sound of that, infusing an unnatural ability into him. "I'm not sure an alchemist will help me in this endeavor," Jax responded. "Especially if he's in the business of conducting unchecked experimentations on the living. The Force isn't a weapon, it's an extension of life itself and if one tampers with it, the Force will eventually strike back."

"Like it did to me," Jax thought taking a sip from his beverage. "But maybe he can point into a direction where I can find a way to naturally connect with the Force." Jax said. "Or he might know someone who can."

She nodded as he said he needed to take care of the force first but that she could take him to the core worlds. Good, what else was she going to do afterall? He didn't seem too keen on alchemy, and from what she did know 'unchecked experiments on the living' was probably an accurate assessment. She wasn't going to argue with him about his methods or what or how the force worked, she'd only ever used it as a tool of her own. She knew it was something more, but she knew that applied to living beings too and that didn't change anything at the time.

Perhaps, this was the force striking back. Her loss of enjoyment in violence was payback for letting it go on too long. For enjoying it a little too much. However, he did seem to still want to meet him, and indeed, perhaps he did know something about it. "I can reach out to some people, may need to find a way to get him to cooperate. I don't think he meets just for the sake of the experience like I do. I don't suppose you have some extra force or saber crystals handy? Or some rare or force sensitive species he hasn't studied...though, I'm not sure we'd want to actually let him study one unsupervised."

In truth she wasn't really sure whether they should meet at all. Her knowledge was more than perhaps an average person but it was still limited. The shekti were what she most remembered and those hidious creatures were the sort of thing that were better exterminated than kept around. If left to their own devices they'd destroy everything they could reach until they starved as a result. The only thing they were good for was destruction. Fascinating indeed to Salis. Especially as she knew more was to come. But far from a Jedi's friend.

Jax Thio Jax Thio

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom