Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Empress' Ball (PM for Invite)

After being left dumbfounded by the entrance of the Empress, the well dressed Slate Estrada decided it was time for a refreshing drink. He hadn't had a sip of any drink since his takeoff on Anaxes. When he spotted a young boy wearing what seemed to be a chef uniform. He must know what drinks were being distributed tonight.

As he neared the boy, he noticed that he was already advertising the drinks to a youthful couple. The couple were not recognised by Slate and therefore mustn't of been royalty. Instead it was more likely that they were in a similar situation as Slate, where they didn't quite know why they were attending the party. After allowing the couple and the young chef to finish their conversation, Slate spoke up. "Any preferences on the wine?" He asked the the chef. Before he allowed the boy to answer, he turned his attention to the couple that stood beside him, "Quite an entrance, don't see many like that anymore!" He happily announced, hoping to start conversation.

[member="Alask Diruno"] | [member="Tyson"] | [member="Alessandra Lacer"]

With the line starting to form Empress Nimue was eager to meet those who were attending her ball. Some she’d heard of through reputation. Others were invited because they were representing their faction or group and the like. For others that may have just been invited out of circumstance. It didn’t matter to her, just as long as she was able to meet off-world citizens of the galactic community she hoped to include her planet into.
As each guest came up to the base of the steps to the throne an announcer stood to the side, readying off the names of whoever stood before the Empress. He was loud enough that others in the room would hear if need be, though a fair amount of the guests seemed to be in line to greet the Empress anyway.
“Announcing Jedi Master [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] formerly of the Jedi order.”
One of her first guests was a Jedi Master? This had perked the Empress’ interest enough for her to lean forward in her seat. Examining him he seemed a little young to be a Jedi Master, given that what she’d heard it took years to become a fully-fledged master of the force. Though perhaps this one had more talent than he seemed.
With a cool yet open smile she said “It’s an honor to have one of the noble Jedi here, in my court. Tell me, since you’re no long of your order do you represent yourself or someone else?”
While the two spoke the announcer, seeing [member="Darth Arcanix"] in line, had walked up and asked for her name. Given how she was dressed and her mannerism with this odd man, [member="Nej Tane"] , he wasn’t familiar with her. It would help to keep with protocol after all when telling the Empress who she was meeting.
Meanwhile Lord Woolson, who stood at the end of the line of nobles to the Empress’ right, had noticed the boy [member="Tyson"] and how he was acting as though he was actually part of the staff. He shook his head before ordering for one of the servants to fetch him. He had a few words to say to this would-be-chef of the court.
[member="Slate Estrada"] [member="Alask Diruno"] [member="Alessandra Lacer"] [member="Armand Temi"] [member="Alexander Sannes"] [member="Gherron Vael"]

Gherron tried his best to mingle with the crowd, but wasn't doing the best job. He might have stuck out like a sore thumb, never having been to a formal party, or any party for that matter, in his life. Once he got himself a drink, he was able to relax a little, and found himself a nice wall to lean against. If he had to be completely honest with himself, he wasn't really the kind of person found in these types of crowds. Especially when he saw the empress, he knew he must have been in the wrong place. However, one thing quickly changed that. Taking a sip of his drink, his eyes immediately darted to the center of the room when he heard the announcement. Josh was here? Finally, someone he could talk to. Sighing softly with relief, he walked across the room to the man, flashing a small smile. "Been a while, friend." Noticing the noble there as well, he inclined his head, as he figured he was expected to do. "Empress."

[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] [member="Nimue Stormson"]

Well, what do you know? He was first in line. Joyful. As the Jedi Master's name was announced to the people around, identifying him to everyone there, Jedi or Sith... He would walk with purpose, confidence, toward the Empress, and giving a bow of respect when their eyes would meet. The blonde haired male would allow his eyes to scan the Empress for a fleeting moment, allowing his mind to take advantage of the opportunity for the first time seeing this Empress of a foreign planet, a kingdom that nobody had ever heard of before... Up close. Through the Force, the Jedi Master could sense happiness, but at the same time anguish, desire for something that was no longer there. Just like the people in this galaxy, she had experienced hardships... Perhaps, they would talk at length one day, and he would get to know a little more about this Empress.. Befriending royalty was nothing new to DragonsFlame. Before his disappearance, one of his closer friends had been Jedi Knight @Talia Farn, who had disappeared from the galaxy since, to the Jedi Master's disappointment. When the thought drew, for a second, he grieved for his old friend, an old flame...

DragonsFlame was young, yes. At 22 years of age, Josh had accomplished many things that many Jedi could only ever dream of. He had served the Order faithfully since a very young age. He had seen battle time and time again, taken down Sith Lords, Rancors, even raised and tamed a dragon. He had seen war, many times, and had faced down everything from age old Sith Lords, to former Emperors. The most notable in his mind being his battle with Emperor Vulcanus, a year ago... He had shown swift judgement, but at the same time a rare degree of mercy and compassion that many Jedi were unable to attest to. He had a talent for, in a way, killing with kindness, and had been the catalyst to the turn of several Sith. He was known, yet feared and respected for being tough as nails, and incredibly skilled with a lightsaber, especially for someone his age. At age 20, Josh had been the youngest Jedi Knight ever to serve on the Jedi Council, as it's Knight Representative. His years of dedication to the Order, remaining loyal and vigilant while many others fell to the allure of the dark side, did not go unrewarded, of course. He would be granted the rank of Jedi Master at the young age of 21, to the joy of many, and to the dismay of others. Of course, responsibility quickly fell on the shoulders of the incredibly young Jedi Master, who was faced with not only the fate of the Jedi Order, but that of the Republic. Ending a war... That was a strange thing for someone so young to have on their resume, but DragonsFlame had it. The result? Joshua DragonsFlame would be elected the Grandmaster of the Jedi Order, replacing the spot vacated by Grandmaster Selena Halcyon.

He had seen so much, done so much in so little time. But looking into those eyes, [member="Nimue Stormson"] would not see youth, or even a sense of being young and naive.. But experience, turmoil, and triumph. Of course, every triumph of his had ended up being bittersweet. And that.. Was also reflected, shown, simply in his eyes.

"It is a pleasure to finally meet you, Empress Stormson" The former Grandmaster would greet politely, with a respectful bow. Unknown planet or not, here, she was Empress... He knew to be respectful to someone of that stature, no matter who or where. "I would kiss your hand, but I am uncertain of the customs of your people when it comes to royalty" He would jip, an amusing smile crossing the lips of the young man. A bit of humor was Josh's favorite way to break the ice. Not too much flavor in this one, but a casual little jip that conveyed the friendly terms he was here on.

"I dutifully wish I could still say I represent the Jedi Order, your highness" He would admit with a sad smile. "But every being in this vast galaxy walks a path of their own, and each one walks that path for a reason. It just so happens that my path isn't the same as the Order's, as much as I wish it could be" He would speak. Truth be told, he missed the Jedi Order. But it wasn't the Jedi Order he knew anymore. When they changed... The oaths he had taken to the Jedi Order were voided, due to it not being the same Order that he had pledged to. "At present, you could call me a representative of the Ession Reformation, and it's group of Jedi that walk the same path as I do. But I digress... I came here on my own whims, to see, explore and discover. A new planet, race, a new group of people, with a new ruler, and a new set of customs.... That's something I would like to say I've taken interest in, your highness" He would explain with a smile. "And I do look forward to getting to know your people, and welcoming you to this vast galaxy, for all of it's goods and it's bads"

From the corner of his eye, he would notice that Gherron... Had decided to skip the line and speak to him, as well as the Empress. The Jedi Master would close his eyes. Oh Gherron... You have learned so much, but have much to learn still, the former Grandmaster thought to himself. "It has" He would respond to Gherron before looking back to the Empress. Gherron didn't look good here, interrupting the Empresses conversation... Looks like Josh would have to bail him out again.

"Your Grace, this is my former Padawan learner, Jedi Knight [member="Gherron Vael"]" He would introduce. "He can be a bit... Overenthusiastic, but he's a good kid" He would add, a bit of teasing toward his former Padawan for the interruption. Joshua would allow himself to use telepathy, relaying a message toward Gherron.

"Gherron. Royalty. Respect. Be polite. Line" Would resound in Gherron's head. While he did not show any sort of irritation towards Gherron, nor would he scold his former Padawan in public, he would casually remind the Jedi Knight that line jumping wasn't the best thing to do when an Empress was in the room. Nor when she was in the middle of a conversation.

Alexander watched all this from the sidelines, simply enjoying the fact as the Jedi was put above everyone else and seemed to get joy out of it. 'Now now, seems that woman was right, not all jedi are cold...' His eyes drifted to the others in the room before looking more intently on yet another Jedi he had met. With slow steps he came up beside another man and looked on at a familiar face of a Jedi who had snuck around with him on a noble's property. 'Well, it seems that we have another different one from the bunch...' He smiled at the though, his mind reaching out and around as he looked at everyone's feelings, most of them positive, some negative, nothing held malice though so he drank from a glass and turned to see what more he could find, letting the Jedi talk to their host. Soon he pasted someone far different than the Jedi whom he stopped and glanced at, smiling. "Hello there miss." His eyes were focused on [member="Darth Arcanix"] who he gave a bow to. He said nothing about what made her different, just had a gut feeling she was different, his empathy studying her as he talked. He was searching for an emotion, for anything that would tell him what his words had as an effect on her.

Instantly, upon receiving the mental instruction from his former master, Gherron excused himself and walked away. How embarrassing... He knew he'd screw up somehow, it was just a matter of when it would happen. He'd been so anxious to talk to someone he knew that he neglected to realize that there was in fact a certain order of things. Watching more closely this time, he would wait his turn in the line, his face tinged slightly red from the encounter.

[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

Fashionably late. That was Cryax Bane's excuse for missing the first half of the ball at the court of the Empress Nimue Stormson on the planet of Effekt. What was the leader of a Wildspace crime syndicate doing at a royal ball? Schmoozing with people in power, of course. One never knew when this or that King or Queen was going to be the next ruler of half the galaxy, so it paid to get in some quality face-time with the nobility. Unlike the Red Ravens' arch rivals, the Black Sun, the Ravens didn't treat their allies like roaches underneath their boots. Cryax had heard through the grapevine that One Sith leader were impressed by the amount of respect that he'd shown them during their treaty talks on Coruscant. The Chiss's galactic stock was rising.

On his arm tonight was the beautiful slicer [member="Jalek Sathora"] who he'd managed to muscle into a nice suit even though the man abhorred wearing them. He leaned in and whispered into his Morellian lover's ear with a grin. "You get major boyfriend points for this." said the tuxedo-ed Chiss. Then he leaned back and straightened out Sathora's tie.

Cryax spied the hostess of the party [member="Nimue Stormson"] riding in on a six-legged steed, an alien species he didn't recognize. Perhaps the mount was native to the Emperess's home planet. Wearing elegant emerald green robes and golden horns on her head, she looked like a space viking. He could dig it. The Empress toasted the crowd and then greeted the guests who lined up to receive her. He knew not a soul among the other guests, but the night was young, and strangers were just enemies he hadn't met yet.

Cryax waited to catch the Empress's eye. It couldn't be a coincidence that he was invited since his face was all over the Holonews, especially during Outer Rim broadcasts. The Chiss crime lord was curious as to what her designs were for him, but as the night wore on, he was sure he'd find out. In the meantime, he stood not in line like the others, but a little bit to the side, sipping a drink and waiting for the Empress to approach him.

Feigning stubborn disappointment Jalek dropped the act when [member="Cryax Bane"] leaned in close, kissing him on the lips in front of anyone but otherwise not giving any visible signs that the two of them were anything but business partners and allies. Keeping people guessing was a trait of his that he enjoyed employing, especially in large crowds. His idea of amusement certainly wasn't what was considered typical or even appropriate, but it served for him and the company that he chose to keep. Or, at least, the company he cared to keep, which was the Chiss that he stood next to, standing to the side and observing the crowd with a vague interest.

Formal parties such as this only served to bore him, especially when there was no chance of things taking a rather interesting turn later in the night. Nobles were a stuffy caste, always raising themselves above others, especially those they viewed as nothing more than the dirt under their boots, which he had a feeling included common criminals such as he and the crime syndicate he called home. If he and his own were insulted at any point that night, the offender would most certainly be aware of such. His mouth was one of those things that never failed to get him into trouble, and this event would hardly be any exception.

Reaching into the inside pocket of his suit jacket he pulled out a pack of cigarettes, fishing one out and taking it between his teeth before tucking the pack away, lighting it and exhaling a cloud of smoke. All told Jalek wasn't completely sure that smoking was permitted, but he wasn't of a mind to care whether or not he would get reprimanded for this little display of subtle defiance.

"I'm getting boyfriend points, now? Why didn't you tell me before? I might have showed up in a suit those times." He cracked a smile. "Probably not, but I might have."

[member="Nimue Stormson"]

[member="Nej Tane"] [member="Nimue Stormson"] [member="Alexander Sannes"]

"Eriana," she replied simply, not taking the champagne. "Sorry, I don't drink, never liked the taste of smell of alcoholic drinks. My fellow students thought I was weird when I was at university. Excuse me."

She moved away from the annoyance to be line to greet the Empress when the announcer came up to her.

"Your name and position?" he asked.

"Eriana Glasin, CEO of L&L Robotics," she replied, deciding it might be best to not mention her actual real name or her Sith name. Too many Jedi nearby, such things could be left when she could talk with the Empress in private. Something about the world was . . . calling her somehow, and she was curious to investigate eventually.

Taking note of the nobility and also noting the Jedi currently talking to the Empress and his friend who skipped ahead, she rolled her eyes slightly. Long winded and tactless, a lovely example of their order in her opinion, but then her own colleagues were guilty of the same. She never understood why not showing proper manners and such was thrown out the window every time something that required them came up. Might make for an interesting psychological study. . .

'No no, I've got too much on my plate already,' she thought, waiting patiently to see the Empress.

"Hello miss," an Echani said, bowing before her and she sighed internally. Why did she have to attract attention from people, was it because of her dress of something?" Still, he was at least polite about his approach so it ddnt really rattle her or evoke much emotion besides a polite notice.

"Hello sir," she replied, bowing back. "Perhaps we can talk later after I can speak with the Empress?"

Leaning herself forward while her free hand rested on her knee Nimue was interested in @Joshua DragonFlame and his little explanation of why he was here. Representing the Ession Reformation while also coming out of his own curiosity, two very clear enough reasons why he would want to come to Effekt’s “coming out” party, as it were.
Given his charming comments to her, especially about kissing her hand, the Empress couldn’t help but chuckle in her throat. For a young man he had the air of a debonair sort of gentleman. And the look in his eyes, one that had seen so much in only so little time, it was made all the more clear that he had earned his tittle of Jedi Master for a reason.
When he’d finished she nodded and said “And I thank you for your generous words, Master DragonsFlame. Come, you may do as you feel custom to do.” Before holding out her hand for him to kiss.
After that she was surprised when [member="Gherron Vael"] had walked up past the others who were waiting in line in order to address Master DragonsFlame. The tone of familiarity between them was the first obvious indication before it was clarified that Vael was a former student of DragonFlames. This had perked the Empress’ interest as she leaned back, holding her chin for a moment.
As Vael started to walk away she called “Wait a moment, Sir Vael.” Once he stopped she leaned forward and said “Since you’ve already taken the time to come up this far in line, you might as well speak.” Despite it sounding like a backhanded remark Nimue did give a reassuring smile to show she was not angry with him. Once he was back in the front she asked “Tell me, as Master DragonFlanes student, would you find him a suitable teacher? What sort of strange arts in this ‘Force’ has he taught you?”
As Vael would speak Nimue made note of the woman ( [member="Darth Arcanix"] ) who had seemed bothered by the wait and the fact that now another person was ahead of her in line. Not to mention being bothered by two other men ( [member="Nej Tane"] and [member="Alexander Sannes"] ) in the process. Sensing that she would not want to be kept waiting or risk having to deal with more unwanted attention Empress Nimue signaled to her. An indication she would speak with her as soon as the Jedi were finished.
During her time speaking with Vael, and possibly DragonsFlame again, everyone not familiar with the Chiss race were looking at [member="Cryax Bane"] oddly. So far they’d seen strange looking creatures arrive, and in the history of the world it was said one of the first races to make contact with them were the Rodians. Yet seeing a chiss admits a large collection of humans, both from Effekt and off-world, it was quite the sight. Even if he was accompanied by a human who many realized was his lover that only helped to add to the man who could best be described as a blue fish amongst a school of white fish.
Upon seeing him for himself Lord Woolson interested by the sight, had glanced back to the Empress. Since she was still busy with the Jedi he decided to act first and speak with this odd outsider. He separated from the rest of the nobles, they wondering what he was up to, before finally walking over to him.
“Greetings, sir.” He began. “I’m Lord Woolson, of Qutenar. I’d like to welcome you on behalf of Empress Nimue while she’s busy with her other guests. I must say it’s a pleasure to finally meet one of you ‘alien’ types that are apparently spread throughout all the galaxy. Have you come far from your home planet, Mister…?”
[member="Jalek Sathora"]​

[member="Slate Estrada"] [member="Alessandra Lacer"] [member="Tyson"]

Alask was actually enjoying the calm ball, or whatever you would prefer to call it. After seeing a man and the chef talk back and forth, he figured it was about food or something. Then, he turned his attention to him and Alessandra. Maybe to discuss something? He needed to relax and not think everybody was there to do something to him. "Indeed." he would say presenting a happy tone. "The galaxy is full of surprises I guess."

As a group of nobles from the Empress's entourage gawked at he and Jalek, Cryax could only assume they were staring because they were unaccustomed to being in the presence of such a handsome celebrity couple. Then Empress Nimue's right hand man stepped forward and introduced himself as 'Lord Woolson.' Cryax gave him a formal bow as he often did around unknown nobility with unfamiliar customs. Things were going swimmingly until ol' baldy put his foot in his mouth as he called Cryax an 'alien type.' The Chiss blinked his glowing red eyes in consternation. Sure, most of the folks at here at the court were fair-skinned, Moactan Teel, but that was no reason to treat him like he was some weird specimen under glass. He cut his eyes sideways to his boyfriend as if to say, "did you hear that?" The people of Effekt surely couldn't be such isolated inbreds as Lord Woolson's comment would suggest. The Chiss took a deep breath, kept his irritation in check, and answered the nobleman.

"My home planet?" He shook his head incredulously. "If you mean the planet of Csilla, the home world of the Chiss, I wasn't born there. I was born on Bakura, a fairly nondescript planet in the Outer Rim and I run a casino on Antecedent." Once he realized how defensive he sounded, his voice leveled out. Easy there, Cryax. Keep it civil. He forced a smile and continued. "And might I add that It's a pleasure to meet you as well, Lord Woolson. My name is Cryax Bane and this is my boyfriend Jalek Sathora."

The Chiss crime boss turned towards Jalek. His arm snaked around the other man's back, and he leaned close in so that only the slicer could hear him. "Would you be terribly jealous if I asked the Empress to dance with me ch'eo ch'acah?"

[member="Nimue Stormson"] [member="Jalek Sathora"]

Oh, this was going to be an interesting night if the rest of them were just as bad as this so-called Lord Woolson. Nobility or not, Jalek had no patience for those that crossed him or anyone he was close to. Sure, he might have dressed in a suit, but that was as far as his invitation of respect would end for these people if this kept up. Only nodding in greeting he didn't bother to put out or otherwise dispose of his cigarette. It was almost ironic, him getting so easily offended after having grown up among gangs. The tattoos that covered his arms, hands and the side of his neck were testament to this. Maybe something else was rubbing off on him, but whatever it was, he didn't speak right away, simply watching the apparent lord with an amused smile as he blew smoke rings into the air.

"Listen," Smoke threaded from between his lips as he spoke, "He's not really that much of an 'alien type', whatever that's supposed to mean. Trust me, I'd know. Secondly," Here he couldn't help but flash a crooked grin, "Is that really any way to talk to your elders? Not all of us are as human as we seem." Now he was really just toying with the man. Though perfectly aware that he was more than likely asking to be escorted none too kindly from the premises, he couldn't muster up the will to care.

The comment from Cryax helped to ease some of the tension, and he only laughed quietly. "I think we all know who it is you really like here, Blue. If you're going to dance with her, go ahead. Just don't expect me to entertain our friend here while you're gone." This time he really did keep his voice low. Normally not one to care for keeping up appearances, he would make a halfway decent attempt this time, if just to appease Cryax.

Deciding to at least attempt to make amends, he spoke once more to Lord Woolman. "Oh, and it's nice to meet you."

[member="Cryax Bane"], [member="Nimue Stormson"]

As Gherron walked off, he heard the voice of what could only belong to the empress herself, calling him back. Straightening himself up a little, he returned to the two, wondering what would happen. To his surprise, her face bearer a smile, and she was asking his opinion on his old master. "Actually, he was the only one that was able to put up with my antics as a padawan." He allowed a small smile, looking between the Jedi master and the empress. "Under his training, I learned how to be more patient with others, as well as myself, which I think is the most important skill he could have taught me. I've learned quite a few lessons on controlin emotion, as well as using the lightsaber to defend others. He is truly an exceptional master." Once he was finished on that subject, he lowered his head in respect. "I... apologize for the interruption. I may have gotten carried away, as I haven't seen master DragonsFlame in quite some time. This would also be my first ball."

[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] [member="Nimue Stormson"]

Ty simply clapped as the Empress had arrived. After some time he looked at the couple and said, "Well, I'll be off." Without waiting for an answer he walked away. He could hear and feel the presence of both the Lord and the servants presence as they approached him. Ty wasn't really a guest. He simply saw what they had been doing in the kitchen and had to help. None of them put any feeling into the meals. They where going to come out nasty. So before he was kicked out he gave them some friendly advice. The chefs outfit however was his. He wanted to go see the new planet but didn't have anything very formal to wear so this is all he had.

In any case, he now waited for the servant to come to him. He wasn't going to resist. There was no point in resisting. Everyone was calm. If they had began throwing things and shooting at him then he has to run but, who wouldn't. All he had to do was wait.

As she listened to [member="Gherron Vael"] tell his story Nimue kept looking back to [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] at giving something of a complimentary smirk. The way Vael described his master’s teachings, especially how he improved his attitude, made the Empress realize how far the young Jedi master’s experience went. His influence still hung over the young man’s head, the Empress sensing this more and more when Vael tried to walk away again and apologize for his interruption.
She chuckled in her throat before saying “No apologies needed, Master Vael. Under these circumstance one can hardly be blamed for being anxious to meet an old friend. You need not fear being punished in anyway. If I was to be a tyrant and punish everyone who made the smallest disruption in my court, this castle would be far lonelier.”
There was a collective laugh among some of the nobles and staff. Instead of it being a gesture to keep the empress happy they truly were amused by her joke. It was true that everyone messed up now and then, but Empress Nimue, given her own background, wasn’t as tyrannical about it as some of the previous Emperors in history were.
With a bow of respect to both Jedi master and student Empress Nimue allowed the two to move on to the rest of the party. Seeing them both was indeed a sight. The one thing that caught the Empress’ attention was the odd sense she had when meeting them. It was as though she could sense how powerful they were, not in looks but in some deeper nature. Perhaps it had something to do with this ability she had called ‘the Force’, as so many in the galaxy called it.
The announcer spoke again, now calling “Lady Eriana Glasin. The C-E-O of L&L Robotics.” ( [member="Darth Arcanix"] )
Now here had been a more interesting guest. A woman of power. Someone the Empress could relate to. And the owner of company that dealt in robotics. This had interested the Empress enough as she leaned forward in her seat to have a better look at this woman.
After Eriana gave whatever gesture of respect to the Empress she said “It’s nice to see the rest of the galaxy allows for women to hold power as men would. Your company, as it’s called, deals in robotics? Is that some sort of engineering work? I’m afraid we’re not too familiar with the word.”
Meanwhile Lord Woolson, after hearing the calm explanation from [member="Cryax Bane"] only to be followed by the rude comments from [member="Jalek Sathora"] , was aghast. To be spoken in such a manner to someone who didn’t hold as much authority as him was an outrage; something he wouldn’t stand for. And he would be ready to deface this man before the Empress if need be.
“How dare you!” he began. “You have no right to speak to me that way. I’ll see you punished for such insolence you-”
“Lord Woolson!” the sudden low and booming voice of Lord Bulkus said. He stood just a foot away behind the Lord before he turned to see him. “I doubt the Empress would take kindly to you harassing her guests this way. Especially when she’s current engaged with others.” His tone suggested Lord Woolson was doing it on purpose. Before Woolson could speak his defense Bulkus “I think you should be more willing to forgive the discrepancy this once. These men are no more familiar with our ways and traditions than we are of theirs. Unless you’d prefer more people look like fools today.” Without any more to say Woolson nodded to Bulkus before bowing his head to Cryax only and then walking off. After that Bulkus walked up to them and said “Apologies for Lord Woolson. He doesn’t spend much time among those who’re not noble men and woman of his caliber. He was only try to make friends first before the Empress.”
While this went on [member="Tyson"] was brought before Lord Tezarus and one of the head chefs, the Lord asking “Now what’s this I hear about someone causing disruption with the cooks?”
“It’s him, sir.” The chef said, grabbing Tyson by the back of the collar and bringing him before the noble. “He waltzes in here and acts as though he’s the head chef in this castle. Meanwhile the cooks and maidens are trying to deal with serving these guests as best as possible. We don’t need help from some fox eared child.”
Lord Tezarus gave Tyson an odd look before saying “I don’t think you were on the guest list. Tell me here and now, were you sent by someone to poison the food? Here to make everyone sick and be afraid to attend anymore of the Empress’ parties?”

Taeli smiled as she made her way over to the Empress as she was announced, glad to be away from people coming up to her for now.

"Your Majesty," she said, giving a deep and respectful bow to the woman, and she couldn't help but note something peculiar about the Empress. If she didn't know any better, she would almost say the woman was a Force Sensitive. Yes, the Empress could sense the Force, definitely not trained or anything, but it was there.

"Robotics is a catch-all term for droids and cybernetics, but we also design and create weapons and exo-suits for military purposes," she explained with a pleasant smile while her thoughts raced about possibilities about establishing a further report with the Empress. "As for holding power like men, well let's just say they aren't usually happy dealing with a woman in the boys' club since engineering is mainly a man's game. They just didn't like I was top of my class in school and gained my own company first."

She paused for a moment to allow the Empress to absorb what she had said, only being respectful after all.

"Of course, it doesn't hurt that I'm good-looking enough and not above distracting my male opponents during deals," she said, a mischievous grin on her face. "After all, not everything is what it seems on the surface."

For a very, extremely brief second, she allowed her eyes to flash yellow from the dark side before going back to her usual purple and the pleasant smile, keeping her Force presence in check and suppressed.

Ty simply sighed as he raised his arms as if at gunpoint. "Just as everyone is today, I came to visit. You can search me but you wont find anything but some credit chips. The reason why I came to assist is because your chefs seem to not know the difference between good food and great food. I've lived for quite a long time and all I could say is your chef here has no taste." He gave the chef a rather bored look. It was true that he had lived for quite a while. What he really wanted to see was the rebuttal of their chef. Heck he would cook a meal just to show the difference in taste.

He turned back to the Lord and raised his brow. What was he going to say?

After hearing that little remark Lord Tezarus glanced back at the chef before looking back down to [member="Tyson"] and nodding. He raised his nose and said “Alright then. Let’s see how well you do.” He clapped the boy’s shoulder in his big, strong hand and said “Run into the back and whip of something.” Pointing to one of the other chefs he said “Keep an eye on him while he does it. And bring some ale too. Might need to wash the taste out.” Looking back to the boy he said “Let’s see if that clever tongue of yours is good enough to whip up a stew….or join it.” After that little threat he and some of the others laughed before his pushed the boy back towards the kitchen.

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

Hmm nothing... well thats a disappointment. "No problem miss, do have pleasant talk for the both of us." He gave her another quick talk and turned to leave as he had no real reason in talking to her if he could not study her. Drinking from his glass he stared again at the walls for a few moments and studied them. He much liked the architecture of this building, not to sure though if he liked it because of its size or its craftsmanship but he stood there and thought on it while he did nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom