Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Eighth Battle - Coalition Invasion of Triumvirate Ruusan (OOC Thread)

Coci Heavenshield said:
tumblr_mvle0vTNCw1qzt7d8o1_500.gif
*knits mittens*​
:p
Hey!
That's my job!

Who is using Human shields? Only one of them is in front of Kiran and he's on the ground. Not at all shielding Kiran.

If anything Kiran is protecting these people from psycopathic Jedi throwing around threats of artillery.

[member="Muad Dib"], that won't be happening.

The mercenaries we hire might do that, but the regulars are disciplined stormtroopers. We leave tying civilians to tanks to the likes of the Vong and One Sith. Sith Triumvirate have certain standards, you see.

Suravi Teigra said:
[member="Valiens Nantaris"] I have alts in the SSC, so I'll be dropping in with them later today or tomorrow on Olmondo to offer support to our friends on the ground.
Just remember that you can only have 2 alts total and each had to be at a different objective. I.E. Cannot have both at Olmondo

Darth Orcus said:
Muad Dib, that won't be happening. The mercenaries we hire might do that, but the regulars are disciplined stormtroopers. We leave tying civilians to tanks to the likes of the Vong and One Sith. Sith Triumvirate have certain standards, you see.

I'll have you know...My knot tying discipline is off the charts. You wont see a better lariat loop this side of Olmondo.

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

Question

Siobhan Kerrigan said:
And so she picked up the comm. Since the enemy was apparently jamming signals, the droids would speak for her.
How are you talking through a droid if we're jamming your communications? Blue Tooth? A very long Ethernet cable?

(This is a serious question, I need to know for my post.)

[member="Kiran Vess"]
The jamming seems to be located within the city, based on how the previous posts were written. Therefore since we're a fair way outside the city I figured that the jamming wouldn't extend this far. From what I understand of Star Wars tech, jamming is generally concentrated in small areas unless there's a huge power source.

So a tight beam transmission to the droids should work.

Alternatively we can edit and have them simply record and speak a message out. That'd just make this standoff much longer as the droids have to record the answer, come back, report, get new instructions and go back.

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

Kiran is inside of the city, right within the limits of it, you also stated in Tempest's post that it is effecting you where you are. So your explanation doesn't really make much sense as far as distance goes.

We're also in a city environment where the ST has been working for apparently months, it's entirely within the realm of possibility that they have the power source to jam communications for miles(as is often seen in Star Wars the Clone Wars during major battles). If we're going to create a setting, I would at the very least like to keep it consistent, particularly when it comes to things that may effect things down the line(what with calling in artillery strikes, support, and such).

Droids running back and forth will be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom