Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Crossroads Contract

Lia Corrin

Chief Executive, Crossroads Defense Industries
The butcher within this little town was a Human man of enormous size and dark skin, and a truly pleasant demeanor. His enormous bulk was clothed in a white butcher's uniform and apron. He was working on a large animal, a Nerf, quartering the previously processed and inspected animal out in the window for all to see within a perfectly-maintained and clean shop. The man was humming pleasantly, dancing a bit to the sound of a local holonet music station. His display had even and fine cuts of various meats, hanging strings of sausages, smoked meats, and various other items suitable for an artisan's butcher's shop.

Lia Corrin

Chief Executive, Crossroads Defense Industries
"Why hello there!" the man said in an incredibly deep voice as he finished a cut, "I'll be with you in just a moment my dear, just need to get my friend here into the cooler!" he patted the fat-covered shoulder of the nerf and gave a quick slice and then twisted, and the nerf's last primal portion was separated and the man put it onto the hover cart, and told his droid to take it out, "Take this into the cooler my friend, we have a customer!" he said as he washed his hands, "Now my dear, what can my humble butcher shop provide a lovely lady such as yourself?"

BIG Z1776

Baboon with a MAAWS
Just gonna use my main profile seeing as these are a variety of harmless NPC's

"Ah! A newcomer!" the man bellowed loudly, "You are going to love it here! Welcome to Pianta! So, what brings you to our humble Republic?"

BIG Z1776

Baboon with a MAAWS
“Ah, a uh...scientist then?” the man asked, slightly in perplexed, “Are you in your term of service with the uh...how you say...Army?” he asked with his accent playing into how understandable he was.

BIG Z1776

Baboon with a MAAWS
“Oh?” the man said as he arched an eyebrow, “I’ve always assumed that one had to be a refugee or provide religious objections to avoid the draft?”

BIG Z1776

Baboon with a MAAWS
“I see, you were sought out! Yes, I’ve heard of people like you, never thought we’d have someone like you around our little town though,” the man said, “Now, what can old Matumbo do for you?”

BIG Z1776

Baboon with a MAAWS
"I've got nerf, of course, but, you will also find Endorian Goat, Alderaanian Grazer and," he said as he pointed to some plucked birds, "Alderaanian Swans, very delectable. And you have some Outer Rim staples like Nuna, Chewba, Eopie, and some more...exotic cuts from Naboo creatures, which I specialize in: you will find cuts from such beasts as Falumpaset, Gnort, Mott, and Shaak, plus I have a variety of other waterfowl from here on Pianta. All creatures here were domestically-raised in the Crossroads Republic and all creatures bare a health inspector's stamp of approval, no shady backroom dealings here in my shop," he bellowed with a hearty laugh, "Perhaps as a biologist you will buy many of my products for experiments yes?"

Matumbo pointed to his various meats, all of which were displayed within his carefully-cleaned and meticulously-filled glass case he leaned on, even as he leaned on it he still towered over her. It seemed size was something that ran in the family, as behind him was a framed holographic full-body image of a young man wearing a sharp red uniform tunic, black uniform slacks, and topped with a red beret. He was quite impressive, even under his uniform one could see the massive musculature he bore, which was not unique considering the troops Liddaat had passed earlier on her way here. Above this holographic image was the Crossroads Republic flag proudly displayed, pinned to the wall.

The Crossroads flag is what that flag gif in my profile pic is

BIG Z1776

Baboon with a MAAWS
"Ah, Red Feather River Duck, very nice. You can actually serve them rare, it's a red meat," the man said as he lifted the bird off the hook and began wrapping it, "If you like I can throw in a guide to local fauna and flora with a purchase of my wife's cookbook," he pointed behind Liddaat to a shelf with some actual paper-back books, a primitive but whimsical manner of storing writings and data in any society who lived at galactic standard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom