Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Confederacy - Introductions!

[member="Dissero"] [member="Verie Lacroix"] [member="Pom Stych Tivé"] [member="Havoc (CT-375)"]

Welcome new and awesome faces! :D

If you have't yet, please sign up here so we can tag you for faction threads.

WELCOME!!!

giphy.gif

Destroyer 2873

D
Greetings all!
Everyone's favorite (and only) droideka mercenary with multiple arguing personalities, Destroyer 2873, has recently been hired out with promises of battle, glory, and credits to serve with Confederate forces during their campaigns.

I am excited to be here and hope to have a great time having fun roleplaying with all y'all!

Karlie Lynn Destat

Conspiracy Theorist and Investigator (IBI)
Hey back off, sister! [member="Mara Denko"] rather... I saw it first. :angry:

Lol...j/k. :p Did I welcome you already? I don't remember.
Hiya, anyway. :)

Mara Denko

M
Hahaha - I promise I'll share! I'm a very generous sort :)

And for sure we've run into one another before, I've just set up a new Jedi. It's Valencia Hadley ^_^

[member="Karlie Lynn Destat"]

Destroyer 2873

D
Hey there is no need to fight, "lil' rolly fella" is here for everyone's enjoyment and personal sheild generation needs. :p

[member="Karlie Lynn Destat"] [member="Mara Denko"]

Karlie Lynn Destat

Uhg... :thunder:

Oh no, not her. *despairs* Please, Not Valencia! :(
Why?...why do you have to be her?
Can you be someone else for me?..?? :huh: Like, could you just stay [member="Mara Denko"] and forget Valencia? :D

:flower:

Mara Denko

M
Deal. I'll just chuck her in the bin and you'll have this ridiculously adorable brunette going forward.

[member="Karlie Lynn Destat"]

And thank you for providing all of our shielding needs, [member="Destroyer 2873"]. I was finding myself extremely unshielded of late.

Destroyer 2873

D
[member="Mara Denko"] It isn't much, but it is honest work.

In a more seriousness sense, I realized something important that I hadn't before.
To begin, Droidekas are over 6 feet tall. They are also shaped like chairs. Giving a rough guess, it can be estimated that the base takes up one foot* and that the top head and armbar takes about two feet*. That means that there is theoretically three feet* of space that a person can sit in. However, Droidekas are typically portrayed as hunched over and, on close examination, there are hinges and joints that would allow the Droideka to stand up straighter. If we assume that the Droideka's standard height is less than 6 feet, the max height when standing straight up straight to its max height let's say that this would increase the seat-able space by roughly a foot*. But wait there's more! By pressing the armbar completely against the headpiece we can assume that space would increase by another foot* as the armbar that was in the way now becomes a headrest for the sitter. Finally, because the headpiece is relatively thin and curved, we can add some more inches of possible headroom to the sitter, which we can generously give as half a foot*. This means, in a generous estimate, that a person sitting on a droideka could have 5 feet 6 inches* of headroom. That is able to fit an average human female, at 5 foot 3 or 4 inches. However, that is sitting straight up. A person who is taller than 5 foot 6 inches could also hunch over or lean to one side, resting on one of the Droideka's arms. This could increase the available sitting space to fit up to, let's say, around 6 feet**, give or take a few inches.
TL;DR - In conclusion, the Droideka is just fancy chair that can carry a person one foot off the ground and it has blaster cannons and a personal shield generator to protect the sitter.

I really want to see this now.

*Droidekas have weird and varying proportions depending on the media, so these numbers are just a guesstimate.
**This is a minimum feasible number that I can guess. The maximum theoretical height could be a lot more.

Azel Moran

A
Hi folks. New face, [member="Keva"] invited me to come write CIS, so I figured I'd give it a whirl.
[member="Darth Metus"] [member="Srina Talon"]

Karlie Lynn Destat

EEek!... *gets startled a moment coming upon the man*

Gasp...Oh..I...I'm sorry.
I just wasn't expecting... uhm..., just wasn't expecting any new intros ....before....uhm lunch. *looks left..looks right*

Anyway.... Hi. Yea. :D

*...tic-tock...tic-tock... A deafening silence passed for a moment*

Oh, silly me...lol....and welcome to the Confederacy, [member="Azel Moran"] :)

Yea. :D

Kaross

Military Tactician
Joining the Confederacy as I rejoin chaos. New character, a droid whom has been recovered from the old days of the clone wars, and now plans to start business in the CIS area, perhaps on a space station, or perhaps creating a small mercenary band. I have things to consider, but decided to join for now. So - Hello

It's one of life's mysteries, sir...
I got both [member="Keva"] and [member="Emyr"] to ''blame'' for this! And a pinch of [member="Scherezade deWinter"]! :lol: Already said Hi on Discord but thought I'd do the same here. New to CIS but been on Chaos for a while. Looking forward to write with you all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom