Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Community's Galactic Event

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hEh9LiSzow​

Any of ya'll remember Dark Harvest? That was a rousing success and it was led and developed by non-Staff members. Because they came foreward and said "we want to do this", and they had a plan, and they had an execution.

I just gave 'em some help. I'm promising you some help, too - if your idea with your friends makes it through the hoops.

Here's what you need to do!

1. Get together a team of volunteers. I'm not taking PMs on this, I want it all out in the open. Any event PM to me will be ignored and too many will cause me to close my inbox for a while again - I want this discussion out in the open or in your respective groups on Skype. Get together with your friends. Knock heads together.

2. Come up with a super awesome idea and then PM it to your favorite Roleplay Judge.

3. Present it to us. Once we accept your idea, I'm going to put you in a locked room with me and a couple of RPJs (and maybe another Admin) and I'm going to want a more detailed presentation of your story idea and how you're going to present it to the community. I'll also need to know what you want/need from the Staff team. Map alterations aren't off the table, but we're not blitzing faction clouds like we did with Netherworld. That ammo is spent.

4. Adhere to the following rules. I'll have a few RPJs join your team of volunteers to help run the event and serve you in an official Staff capacity. But you'll need to adhere to our rules.

1. No destroying/messing with Major Factions.
2. No copycat Events (try to be unique).
3. No power tripping (god help you if you turn this chance at entertainment into a dramafest.)

As a sidenote, the next planned Staff-led Galactic Event has been moved to November/December.

Ohh, I actually never knew that Dark Harvest was made by non-staff members. I guess that gives me really high hopes for this Galactic Event though, but I wish I had all my characters a bit more fleshed out, then I would probably be able to come up with something fairly interesting (albeit it would put either Adenn or Vendir in the position of the villain -for some reason- which I doubt would work really well for me :p). So I shall let everyone else work out their story while I attempt to write down one character bio within a month.

On another note (in hopes of being able to maybe write out a future Galactic Event). How often will this kind of thing be happening? Every few (2-3) years? Or will it become more frequent as time passes?

[member="Tefka"]

[member="Adenn Gra'tua"]

Can't really say for sure, but my wager is I'll depend more on the community after Staff's next event.

Our stories have been building up to an end-game, Zero. He possibly engineered Omni/allied himself with Omni. He angered/played Akala to the point that she invaded our Galaxy... twice. He started off this generation of Star Wars with an extinction level event, the gulag plague. Our events have slowly been building momentum around this top-tier villain and we plan for this to come to a head as Episode VII draws nearer.

But while that story has a perceived conclusion, Chaos does not. New stories will have to carry the torch, and I don't imagine it'll be me or other Staff members telling them.

[member="Tefka"]

I'm chatting with a group of ny buddies for ideas as i type this.

But, when you say present it, do you want it presented here or in a new thread? You wont take PMs as you stated, so which of those do you prefer, if at all?

[member="Tefka"]

Ah, it's good to know that you have a whole plan together (because I know that I definitely wouldn't for something this large scale). Gives me something to look forward to, and something to make me rush my characters out :p.

Celty Ikon

Hammer-loving Scarf Pirate
Hmmmmmm... Invasion of the Ikon ghosts :p

On a more serious note, I'd love to see a more mundane event than the Masks and the Rapture... Like, what is the Rishi Maze a maze to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom