Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Location The Citadel

Status
Not open for further replies.
R7Umlmg.jpg

The Citadel superstructure​

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Give Nothmir a codex approved stronghold
  • Image Credit: 1, 2
  • Canon: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Links: Nothmir
SETTING INFORMATION
  • Military Base Name: The Citadel
  • Classification: Planetary stronghold
  • Affiliation: The Nothmiro Federation
  • Population: Heavy
    • Large civilian population including families and support personnel
    • Large Peacekeeper Corps population including fleet and army forces
    • Moderate Planetary Defense Force militia forces
  • Demographics:
    • Almost entirely human except for visiting friendly forces
  • Accessibility: Outer sectors open to the public, inner areas only to Peacekeeper Corps personnel
  • Description: The base consists of rings of defenses, bunkers, and buildings. Outer areas are primarily civilian services and peacetime housing for base personnel, while inner areas include ground-orbit batteries, hangers, command centers, and bunker barracks.
POINTS OF INTEREST
  • Civilian sector: Includes housing for personnel during peacetime and their families, as well as commercial areas and other services. This area is moderately patrolled with strongpoints built into the area’s architecture as well as shelters for the population.
  • Outer military sector: Includes landing fields and training areas, as well as barracks and other infrastructure. Ringed by a single layer defensive wall and covered by deflector shielding during battle, as well as anti-air gun batteries and storage for armored vehicles.
  • Inner military sector: Includes ground-orbit defensive guns and missile platforms, armored hangers and bunker complexes. This area has a two layer defensive network including pillboxes, walls, and a pair of deflector shield generators. As well, it includes multiple mass production facilities for food and ammunition recycling plants allowing it to keep the entire base self-sufficient for decades while under siege.
  • The Citadel: A large, towering, windowless superstructure that rises over the rest of the base. The Citadel stretches far underground, including further weapons batteries, armories, barracks, and defensive structures.

SECURITY - Maximum

Personnel:
  • Nothmiro Peacekeeper Corps (Standing army): ~175,000
  • Planetary Defense Force (Reservists, most in support roles or in training): ~50,000
The Citadel and its surrounding area include a huge number of defensive features, ranging from infantry positions to gun batteries and armored vehicle storage facilities. The fortress is extremely heavily defended and well supplied, intended to act as a last bastion should the rest of the world fall.

• Troops
    • Peacekeeper Corps Infantry (Standing army)
      • Includes foot, motorized and mechanized
    • Peacekeeper Corps Armored Elements (Standing army)
      • Vehicles classed from scout to superheavy (example), including speeders, tanks and walkers
    • Planetary Defense Force Infantry (Support personnel and reservists)
      • Lightly equipped
    • Droid Infantry
  • Starships
    • Armored hangers for ships classing between fighters and frigates, as well as armored launch tubes
  • Weapons
  • Defensive systems
    • Multi layered local and overhead shield generator arrays.
    • Plasteel, plastoid, and quadranium composite walls and building shielding

HISTORICAL INFORMATION

Early in its history the Citadel was a small fort in the wilds of early age Nothmir, a training location for aspiring warriors and later elements of its standing army. The Citadel would steadily grow, its superstructure would be built upwards while layers would be built outwards. Subsequent garrison commanders would work with the military planners and architects of their eta to create a fortress unrivaled in the galaxy. By shield generators and huge weapon batteries it would be protected from Base Delta Zero level orbital attack, fighter launch bays and flak towers would provide it with the interception ability to create a huge anti-aircraft screen, and the ground level would include everything from armored vehicle sally-ports to gun-covered curtain walls.

The Citadel also grew in scope, the duration of the sieges it could survive stretching further and further as it became more of a militarized arcology than a simple fortress. Recycling facilities, small factories, and food production plants would allow it to sustain even the heaviest of fighting for incredibly long periods of time. With luck those facilities would remain unused, but they would remain regardless, ready for their hour of need.

NB9Dt1Q.jpg

The outer Citadel walls​

Last edited:

Ylla Caeli'runa

Y
Chris Walker Chris Walker Hello, overall this sub looks good. However, I'd like to address two sections:
Image Credit | Your first image can be found here on Artstation. Please link this instead of the wallpaper site.​
Security |
  • Is there a Codex sub for the Peacekeeper Corps that you can link to? If not, that's fine. Their ability just makes me wonder about them and their capabilities.
  • The security measures seem to be a bit much to me, even though a minor faction having a single, heavily-fortified stronghold is very plausible. Would you mind reducing the amount of araments on the base some?
Please tag me if you have any questions/concerns or once edits are completed so I can have a second look!

Ylla Caeli'runa
Chris Walker Chris Walker Hello, overall this sub looks good. However, I'd like to address two sections:
Image Credit | Your first image can be found here on Artstation. Please link this instead of the wallpaper site.​
Security |
  • Is there a Codex sub for the Peacekeeper Corps that you can link to? If not, that's fine. Their ability just makes me wonder about them and their capabilities.
  • The security measures seem to be a bit much to me, even though a minor faction having a single, heavily-fortified stronghold is very plausible. Would you mind reducing the amount of araments on the base some?
Please tag me if you have any questions/concerns or once edits are completed so I can have a second look!

I've fixed the source, thinned out the weapons a bit, and given rough numbers on who would be defending the base and a definition of what they really are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom