Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Black Tie Syndicate Major Faction Application

Miss Blonde

Trying to be straight in a crooked Galaxy
8Q6ZlrD.jpg

The Black Tie Syndicate

OOC Hierarchy:
Miss Blonde Keira Ticon & The Black Hat

IC Hierarchy

The Black Tie Council
This is the ruling body of government for the syndicate, the Black Ties are a collection of various gangs, sets, and criminal organizations that come together to create one large syndicate that pulls resources, manpower, and more. Each leader or designated representative of each gang holds a spot on the council where they decide and vote on various issues throughout the Syndicate. Think of it as a senate for scumbags and criminals. There is no one leader to the Black Ties to prevent the head of the snake from being cut, this is and always will be a firm rule for the council.
Current members:Miss Blonde [member="Raka the Hutt"] [member="KeCholo"] [member="James Justice"] [member="The Black Hat"]

Planetary governments/military
The greatest trick the devil pulled is convincing the world he doesn't exist. This is the way of life for the Black Ties, while they appear to be a dominate gang on any planet they may own they are considered to be nothing more than just your run of the mill gang or criminal enterprise when it fact they are the rulers of the planet. This is reinforced by having police forces raid, arrest, and seize the occasional shipments or members.But in reality fake democratic governments are set up on Black Tie controlled worlds, all of which are controlled by the Black Tie Council. Presidents, mayors, governors are all selected by the council to see their will enforced. From the planet's military to their smallest child each person is under the foot of the council.

Enforcers
These are the real hitters for the Black Ties. From highly trained ex military strike teams, to suit and tie hitmen and common thugs these are the people who make up the various sets of people who belong to the syndicate. Some are mercenaries, others are full time members who would die before divulging any of the secrets that belong to the syndicate. Rank wise they are structured like your traditional gang. You would have your grunts, shot callers and up to the lieutenants that answer directly to the council.

The Navy
The navies of planetary governments are rather small. They serve only as camouflage for either Antecedent or Enigma Prime. The Black Ties true navy is kept in secret around the lost and out of the way Collectari Nebula where they are only a hop skip and a jump away from either planet that may need their help. As for the navy's structure it's essentially one big fleet of pirates. There are no formal ranks and the system for each ship goes MKIC (Mother Karker In Charge) and his second mate. And for the entirety of the fleet you have the HMKIC (Head Mother Karker in charge) should the HMKIC die then someone is swiftly promoted by the council to prevent infighting.

Requested Planet
Antecedent (capital), Enigma Prime, Collectari Nebula

Interested Members
[member="Alicia Drey"] [member="Avalon Gray"] [member="Bloodknight"] [member="Cawrion Chyrox"] [member="Cyrus Falcor"] [member="Dyxra'a"] [member="James Justice"] [member="Jarven Zexxel"] [member="KeCholo"] [member="Keira Ticon"] [member="Raka the Hutt"] [member="Seanna Vel"] [member="Stardust"] [member="The Black Hat"] [member="Zenva Vrotoa"] [member="Zhi Chen"] [member="Jan Valdum"] [member="Azalyn Falconer"]

Description
The Black Tie Syndicate in the immortal words of Eazy E "Is all about making that GTA" well less grand theft auto and more grand larceny. They have gone from a few gangsters selling spice to one of the most notorious groups of thieves in the galaxy. Stealing numerous priceless artifacts and selling them in black market auctions to make hundreds of millions of credits and even receive their own line of cruisers and ships. Exploding with power and wealth the gang now looks to create a rapid expansion into the galaxy as a whole. Going from simple heists to creating puppet governments and expanding their reach across the galaxy. But not in the sense of traditional criminal factions like the Hutt Cartel, Red Ravens, and Black Suns all of which have collapsed into nothing. The Black Ties know that once you get greedy it's all over. Mass expansion across the galaxy brings two things that are the death of criminal factions. Heat and infighting. The Syndicate wishes to avoid this by remaining isolated in the corner of the galaxy and using the larger resources to expand outwards in smaller operations such as smuggling drugs to outposts they have set in multiple parts of the galaxy from Atrisia and Coruscant, to Deneba and Demonsgate. Whether it's just a small bar or a dry cleaners the syndicate is about working from the shadows and creating an empire that spans across the galaxy. Will they make as much money as they would by conquering planets? No. But they will have enough credits to fund massive operations and heists that could steal massive items and ships. And that's what they are about at end of the day. Being content with what they have and establishing small operations on multiple planets.

The Pitch
The Black Tie Syndicate is inspired by the works of Quentin Tarantino and his films. From the name of the syndicate itself to its role plays the faction is a unique look at gangs in the Star Wars galaxy and in my personal opinion brings something new to the table. Often criminal factions come and go on Chaos and this is due to the fact that they over extend themselves with the idea. Traditionally criminal factions just don't last and I think this is because in every incarnation people try to make criminals into legit governing bodies of planets and it just doesn't work. But our idea isn't to become a "governing body" our idea is to hide behind those governments that we establish and control them like puppets on a string while acting like a normal gang would. As a criminal enterprise, not a government. I believe that this is the proper way or at least the most effective way to RP a major criminal faction. Don't worry about dominions and becoming the biggest, be content with what you have and the resources available and focus on the story and jobs that a criminal faction would do. There's not much to it other than that, we want to be a major faction so we can show that criminals shouldn't be governments but rather people up high controlling everything from behind the scenes. Thank you for reading our application and I hope this helps.

Past Roleplay Threads
Friends in low places
Death of a Dynasty
Now THAT Was Punk Rock!
Once Upon a Time
Mandalorian Spaghetti Western
Oh Beskar where art thou?
Where are those plans?!
Ride Sally, Ride
Heres your housewarming gift, jerk
Rebellion of Denon
It's Just A Shot Away

Faction Page

Miss Blonde

Trying to be straight in a crooked Galaxy
[member="Darth Vornskr"]

That's exactly what happened to them. But as I've stated in the application we aren't trying to bite off more than we can chew. The three planets we've selected are in corner of the galaxy. We don't want to do dominions, all we want to do is continue our heists, set up small outposts and businesses across the galaxy, and control everything from the shadows. However one can't do that with the limited resources of a minor faction. So in order to steal larger capital ships, shipyards and other massive objects we need to be able to have the resources of a major faction. To be honest I 100% agree with you but I feel as if this new approach towards a criminal major faction might be a successful way to do so long as people don't get greedy.

Also thank you [member="Tefka"]

[member="Darth Vornskr"]

You're correct about the past factions and you may be correct in this case. But then, these seem to be different people with all of the past mistakes of said factions to look upon.

[member="Tefka"]

If that was subtle sarcasm, very nicely played. If it wasn't, I personally appreciate your input as I'm sure others do.

Well I think this can work, as long as we keep it small, and don't try to expand a lot. I like to think of the Terminus systems from Mass Effect, but smaller. We will learn from the past attempts and use those mistakes to make our guidelines and we can achieve an existence in this galaxy, no matter how small.

Hunter checking in.

[member="Ahogo Skuji"]
For the record. You can try, but I think the end result would be us shooting you out an airlock. With Cyrus quietly laughing inside, Ke'Cholo smoking a cigar, Miss Blonde giving you the finger and the rest of us drinking and betting how fast it will take for your head to explode. Oh, and me catching the moment with a camera.

CHEERS!

[member="Ahogo Skuji"]

That would imply you know which end of a blade to hold onto.

Regardless, I wish you folks the best of luck! While I may share some of Vornskrs pessimism regarding your longevity for the time being, the fact that you acknowledge and attempt to bypass the issues of your predecessors gives you a great shot at success in my eyes. The focus on heists, fraud, and the like instead of actively planning to expand and become a major player on the map combined with the new Rebellion rules gives you folks a perfect breeding ground for something memorable. If I ever get some extra freedom in my schedule I'd love to try and help out a bit in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom