Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Beast Within

New Cov
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Weapons: Lightsabers
Tag: Jonyna Si Jonyna Si Rayia Si Rayia Si

This was getting more and more complicated.

It seemed that addressing the issue at the source wasn't going to be possible, but controlling it wasn't something she knew how to do either. The only people who could teach her were back on her homeworld, but going there was not an easy task. Not easy, but also not impossible.

"Why do you not wish to see the ritual complete?" Valery asked, hoping that'd bring them close to a solution. It seemed to be the reason that she didn't want to go back to her homeworld, but one way or another, it seemed like she needed to. Though, Valery wanted to explore one other potential route, too.

"Are there any of your people who could teach you this who don't live on Weik?"

Valery Noble Valery Noble Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Rayia blinked at the question. Her ears indicated her surprise as they twitched forwards at Valery's question. 'Do they not understand, or are they testing me?' Rayia thought to herself, pausing in hesitation. A wary silence descended for a moment as Rayia gathered her thoughts. 'Should I just come out and say it? I feel like this is what I get for dancing around the issue,' Rayia wondered, considering how blunt she should be. She had already revealed so much more than she had expected. It felt unnatural, and Rayia's nerves were frayed from the emotional vulnerability that she had displayed. All her life she had been raised to obscure those worries. Certainly for the purpose of commanding the respect of the tribe, but she had also done so because Felacatians were apex predators and it ran counter to her instincts. When she had joined the Order, Rayia had been taught about the importance of mastery over the emotions, but she was just starting to realize that there was a certain prerequisite to that. 'Mastery of emotions necessitates being open to those emotions,' Rayia thought to herself.

Rayia coughed as she started to explain "Well, I mentioned how there is only one applicant. And that there are four of us, including me. The reason I don't want to see the rite completed is because selection of the applicant involves a duel against my sisters. I do not wish to fight them, and yet that is what is expected of me." She said, deciding to lay it all out in the open. "But again, it isn't as if my people can leave the Nexus unchecked either. It must be pacified for the sake of my tribe's continued prosperity, and well survival."

Rayia scratched her cheek as she heard Valery's secondary question. "Well, there might be. Supposedly my ancestors came from our old home-world, Felacat. But I don't know how I would be received there. We supposedly were of a group of Felacatians that wanted to explore, which is slightly uncommon, and wanted to attune with our wilder nature. Still, it is hardly an ill-conceived idea. If someone would be willing to show or take me to Felacat so that I might make that appeal."

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

"I'd be willing." Jonyna offered. "Your home-world is important to find. It's where your blood lies, and where your body was made to persist on. Sylvar, I can't imagine what would be required on your homeworld that would spawn that kind of evolutionary trait, but It'll be fun to find out!"

She wondered if there was another way to pacify this nexus on Wiek. I mean, surely, someone like Valery could do it herself, no? Then again, disrupting a tradition like that would be...

No. She couldn't let her daughter fight her sisters. That was a foolish idea.

Tag: Rayia Si Rayia Si Valery Noble Valery Noble

New Cov
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Weapons: Lightsabers
Tag: Jonyna Si Jonyna Si Rayia Si Rayia Si

"That's an honorable reason for not wanting to fight." Valery couldn't imagine fighting the people she cared about either, even if it was for an important cause. She'd work until she dropped dead to find another way to solve the problem, all to avoid having to clash with loved ones - whether they were brothers, sisters or even closer parts of her family.

But it seemed there was perhaps another path.

"The way I see it, there are two components to this. One, you'll have to learn to control that side of you. Two, that Nexus has to be cleansed." Saying it like this would hopefully make it a little easier to find steps forward and not be overwhelmed by everything happening at the same time.

"Perhaps your Master can help you on a journey to Felacat. Then, we'll figure out the Nexus as well. I'd be more than willing to come along or help with anything, too."

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si Valery Noble Valery Noble

At the affirmations of the two, Rayia was overcome with emotion. Glittering, golden eyes soon filled with tears once again, though this time of a happy sort. Her lips tugged upwards into a small grin, as Rayia did her best not to cry. The two, much taller women would soon find themselves in an iron hug as Rayia clutched them tight. She reminded herself of how lucky she was once again. She had underestimated how far others around her were willing to go for a problem that was entirely hers to shoulder. In her isolation, she had never felt so alone. But she had not been alone. She would have never been alone, if she would have explained the situation a little earlier. She had dragged herself over the coals, fretting about whether or not she would still be accepted. 'If a monster like me would have a place here,' Rayia thought to herself.

And here was Jonyna, offering to fly a mission to search for the old Felacatian home world that Rayia had only heard about in stories. She didn't view it as a burden either, considering she was excited to see what could have led to the Felacatian evolution. Rayia's memory returned to one particular night. The night after the Blood Hunt ritual that she had conducted. Where Jonyna had revealed the particular implications of the ritual. It was then that Rayia realized something. Something that she had put off saying for a while and was likely only to say sparingly. Mostly because it felt strange to say. Jonyna was only a little older than her biologically, after all. But in this moment, it felt right. "Okay, Mom," Rayia said. Though it was possible that Jonyna hadn't heard it, considering how the words were muffled by Jonyna's thick coat.

Valery too had called her refusal to fight her sisters as noble. That was an adjective that Rayia had never ascribed to her choice to flee her planet and never look back. Necessary, yes. Cowardly, Yes. Shameful, yes. But never did Rayia choose to view it as deserving of praise or respect. She wasn't entirely sure how to feel. A moment passed where Rayia just stared at Valery dumbly, trying to come to grips with the fact that it was okay that she didn't want to fight. "I believe you are right. We need to complete both steps, and of course I would welcome your help however you choose to give it, Mentor Noble. I don't suppose you would know if the Jedi Archives would have any information on Felacat?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom